Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th Osteopathic Remedy 3.30pm Ayr - 0.5pt EW 16-1 BetVictor (BOG) Not my usual sort of horse as I prefer the younger ones with potential and some kind of recent form but 16-1 looks slightly too big for a course and distance winner that ran 2nd in this race last year from a 4lb higher mark. Previously won here off a mark of 91 and Connor Beasley also takes off a handy 3lb today. He is 10 years old now and won't show us anything we don't know but he has a chance off this mark. Balducci is an obvious danger and will surely try to ping out of the stalls and make all again as he seems to love this style of racing at the moment. Dubai Dynamo is interesting down in class and I also feel Unsinkable, the 20-1 outsider could be interesting now running for a new stable, only 5 years old and lightly raced but plenty to prove.

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th Ayr 2.30 Ebony Clarets e/w @ 12/1 bet365 Ebony Clarets....from Linda Perratt yard I backed this two races back at AYR 1m soft when it finished 2nd beaten 2.1/2 lengths was one pace in final furlong , Linda increased the distance for horse at Hamilton 1m 1f good 18tn days ago when it finished 4th again beaten by 2.1/2 lengths again one pace in final furlong, again there increasing the distance to 10f back at Ayr again, This distance today is new to horse as it never ran that distance when at Richard Fahey where it won twice off 65 mark , Its tumbled down the weights in last year and half and runs off 45 with jockey Connor Beasley claiming 3lbs off back as well, With Linda Perratt coming back to a track where she had stables years ago before moving into the Family Farm to set up stables in East Kilbride

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th 2.00 Ayr - Argaki win @ 11/2 Bet365 This horse won this race last year and he has every chance of winning it again in my opinion. He finished a close third last time out in a class 3 handicap at Ayr and today he is dropped in class. The last time he ran in a class four handicap was 2 races ago where he finished a 1/2 length second to Sir Guy Porteus at Hamilton who has since won again. The form of the race looks really strong as the 3rd and 4th have also gone onto win which suggests that this horse could also be due a win. He is significantly higher than when he won this race last year but he is a better horse this year and with ideal conditions, the drop in class and the strong form of his Hamilton run I feel he has a strong chance. The trainer is in very good form and picked up 2 winners and 3 places yesterday.

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th 1.30 Ayr - Earl of menteith - win at 11/4 bog betvictor The joint favourites here are a horse who finished 4th behind Kingston Hill in the group one racing post trophy but has since gone off the rails a bit........and a horse who has lots of placed form but seems to find wining difficult I'm taking them on with a Johnston horse making his seasonal debut. He only ran once last year as a 2yo and finished a fairly well beaten 3rd by 9L in a Salisbury mdn but the 1st, 2nd and 4th have all turned out to be useful and the form is a lot better than it looked at the time.

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th 245 Market Rasen: Hold Court 13/8 Bet365 Decent bumper and novice hurdler that didn't quite live up to expectations when moving up in class later on. Needs good ground to show his best and was running a nice race last time on only his second start over fences when coming down at the last when upsides one of Paul Nicholls hot pots. A reproduction of that will be good enough here.

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th desert robe 2.15 market rasen. should improve from latest run and give the odds on favourite plenty to think about. no trip and ground worries and the race lacks strength in depth. richard johnson riding for alan king is always is a strong combination and i feel they will be too classy for the odds on favourite today. 1 point win 4/1 ladbrokes bog

Re: Nap Of The Day Competition - Sunday July 6th 3.15 Market Rasen - 1pt win The Society Man @ 8/1 (Hills) Another weak and wide open event but Michael Chapman's last two horses have finished 1st and 2nd and this one will relish the drop down in class. Wasn't disgraced in a novice event last time where he had no chance on figures and some of his handicap runs have come in stronger events than this. Stayed on well for second at Southwell two starts back and the return to a track today where he's run well more than once will suit, as will the extra 2f than that day. Last time he was here in a handicap he was far from disgraced in a better race and although he has a very modest strike rate this intermediate trip of 2m2f could be absolutely spot on at the track where he's landed his only career victory.