** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Manchester United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]96.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Manchester United gave Bayern Munich a bit of a surprise at Old Trafford last week where they could only manage a 1-1 draw against the fallen champions. They had the vast majority of the possession but they found it really difficult to do anything with it and to be fair United defended pretty well on the night. Danny Welbeck had what looked like a perfectly good goal disallowed for a high foot early on but in the second half Vidic got on the end of a United corner to put the home side 1-0 up. The lead did not last too long though as Schweinsteiger equalised after 67 minutes to make it 1-1. Schweinsteiger ended up getting sent off late on in the game so as a result he will miss out on this fixture but they have a really strong squad so they won't miss him too much. Wayne Rooney has picked up a toe injury and it is not 100% confirmed if he is fit to play here or not but if he does not play that would be the final nail in the coffin for Moyes this season for sure. United desperately need him on the pitch if they are to have any hope of pulling off a miracle win in Munich but for me the value in the game is Bayern -2 Goals EH @ 7/4 with Paddy Power. Midfield is United's main problem this season, they can't hold on to the ball, they lack intensity closing down which makes life a walk in the park for the opposition who have all the time and space they desire. You are not going to get away with that in the Allianz-Arena, Bayern are full of star players in nearly every position, they will target Robben and Ribery on the wings with over-lapping full backs and it is going to be a very long night for Moyes' men. I can see Bayern winning this fixture by at least 3 goals and if they get an early one it could be a cricket score. Bayern Munich -2 Goals EH @ 7/4 Paddy Power - Also Get a £250 Free Bet when you Register!

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th If bayern scores in the first half, it could be a massiv win. Manchester will defend extremly... but if they are 1 or 2 behind they will open their defense and have to creat their own game, then we will see a high handicap win. There only chance is to defend with 11 men in their own half and conter attack bayern. I will take the handicap -2 high stake And thr handicap -3 small stake

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th 4pts Man Utd (+1.75AH) to beat Bayern 2.05 Bet365 If you look at the odds for this match you would be expecting a one sided home win but I’m not convinced it will turn out like that. United are almost in a no lose position from here and that can make them dangerous. I’m still not convinced they will win the tie but if they can get the first goal it becomes a different proposition. I expect Bayern to win but not with too much in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-man-utd-betting-united-can-make-bayern-work-for-their-win

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th I'm really suprised that many people have not learned anything from the 1st leg. Perhaps you haven't lost enough money on 1st leg :rollin. This is one of them games that you should avoid for many reasons, for me the most logical reason is the fact that we (United) have nothing to loose as we have lost everything this season. There is no pressure whatsoever on United and this tie was expected to be finished by the end of 1st half at OT, but we are still in the game aren't we ? I would compare this match to Man City v Wigan game. People were going nuts on how much will city score: +5, +6 etc and we all know how they ended up. In terms of betting I'm going for Man Utd to beat Bayern at 13/1 with William Hill.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th

I'm really suprised that many people have not learned anything from the 1st leg. Perhaps you haven't lost enough money on 1st leg :rollin. This is one of them games that you should avoid for many reasons, for me the most logical reason is the fact that we (United) have nothing to loose as we have lost everything this season. There is no pressure whatsoever on United and this tie was expected to be finished by the end of 1st half at OT, but we are still in the game aren't we ? I would compare this match to Man City v Wigan game. People were going nuts on how much will city score: +5, +6 etc and we all know how they ended up. In terms of betting I'm going for Man Utd to beat Bayern at 13/1 with William Hill.
If they do play Rooney, he is only going to be 50% fit, he is still carrying an injury. Add to that no Van Persie how exactly are we going to beat them? They had 70% of the ball at Old Trafford, so will probably have 80% of the ball at the Allianz-Arena with 70,000 Germans shouting them on. I hope we win, but I'd want more than 13/1 for a miracle.

If they do play Rooney' date=' he is only going to be 50% fit, he is still carrying an injury. Add to that no Van Persie how exactly are we going to beat them? They had 70% of the ball at Old Trafford, so will probably have 80% of the ball at the Allianz-Arena with 70,000 Germans shouting them on. I hope we win, but I'd want more than 13/1 for a miracle.[/quote'] Rooney trained today, so who knows. Him not being involved could help them. Without him in the side they'll be even more defensive, and if they can keep it at 0-0, maybe nick a goal again. 13/1, for me, is the bookies getting carried away with the name. They've lost two and drawn their last three against English sides, all arguably in as poor a state as United. Definitely worse 13/1 shots. 1-0 as high as 36, maybe better as well? If they're gonna win, you'd think 1-0, 2-0.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Looking at the possession is a non starter for me, yes Bayern had the overwhelming majority of it but they didn't do much with it, it was Utd who created the better chances. Bayern are quite rightly big favourites but 13/1 is too big for Utd so will be backing them small stakes.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th With all these midfielders out,Bayern should be vulnerable at the back.United could have scored more than once in UK and now is the perfect time to do that.The expectation are as big as they were in the 1st leg and Bayern is on pressure.No one expects from The Devils to reach the semi-finals which is a big plus for them.They are good on the road and if Rooney is available they will score.Bayern will be once again all over the field possessing the ball with United defending.Schweinsteiger and Martinez are very good CM's but tonigh Bayern will have to deal with their absence.I will be on the draw once again because the odds are set very high for me and Manchester United shouldn't be so much underrestemated righ now with their confidence growing very fast.Bayern are winless in 3 games in a row now but they have rotated the squad.With important missings tonight i am more than happy to go against them.Draw for me.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Bayern were extremely dominant on possesion, but it was United that had the better chances. This was due to the fact that United had, more or less, 10 players on their own half the entire match. The match itself reminded a lot of the Champions League final in Munich in 2012. I personally think that Guardiola was satisfied with the draw, as the amount of through balls and direct attacks were few compared to the Arsenal matches. Schweinsteiger, Martinez and Thiago are out. Kroos will keep his spot as CM with Lahm as DM. This means that Götze will play alongside Robben and Ribery. I think that the lagging challenges made by Götze were the reason for the draw the last time, Bayern will need a much more direct and more 'Heynckes'-like approach. Müller was nowhere to be found in the last match, and I think the toughness of Mandzukic will be needed. Dante is back, well-known for being one of the two targetmen Bayern use on standard situations. I don't consider the draw and defeat against Hoffenheim and Augsburgs, respectively, to show any weakness among the Bayern squad. In both matches reserves and youth players were used e.g. Sallahi, Buyten, Weiser and Pizarro. Surely they are well rested for this match, but the game form could be affected by this. The Allianz Arena will expect a victory by the homeside, against their rivals and hopefully provide a good amount of noise. But one thing they will have in mind for this match is that for all the impressive statistics surrounding Bayern, they have failed to win any of their last four fixtures against English sides in Munich. I think the odds on this match is terrible if you side with Bayern and do choose the handicap. I would rather look at U/O goals. My predictions - BET365: Under 2.5 @ 2.50 The risky bets Dante to score at any time @ 5.00 Correct result - Bayern Münich 2-0 @ 7.00

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Rooney trained but did he recovered 100%? We will see. United set up in the first leg was almost perfect. Bayern, like most of the times, kept the possession but at the end of the match it was United who had the better chances. We should have scored at least one more goal. Now Moyes says that he will try something different. Please no !!! Kagawa will cause Bayern problems with his pace when United will break forward. Moyes will be stupid to start with Fellaini instead of Kagawa. The Belgian is rubbish. Full stop! And lately he's been using his elbow a lot. He should have been sent off against City. The last thing we need tonight is to get a red card. Stick with 4-3-3 formation: De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Jones - Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa - Welbeck, Valencia and Rooney.

Rooney trained but did he recovered 100%? We will see. United set up in the first leg was almost perfect. Bayern' date=' like most of the times, kept the possession but at the end of the match it was United who had the better chances. We should have scored at least one more goal. Now Moyes says that he will try something different. Please no !!! Kagawa will cause Bayern problems with his pace when United will break forward. Moyes will be stupid to start with Fellaini instead of Kagawa. The Belgian is rubbish. Full stop! And lately he's been using his elbow a lot. He should have been sent off against City. The last thing we need tonight is to get a red card. Stick with 4-3-3 formation: De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Jones - Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa - Welbeck, Valencia and Rooney.[/quote'] Well Fellaini can't start as he is still in England. And you mean 4-5-1 not 4-3-3, surely?

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Like the draw for a small bet. Guardiola doesn't seem to realise that passing the ball around 5 million times isn't a good style anymore (otherwise he wouldn't have his team do it all the time). Also like the +1.5 on United. Bayern don't need to bury Manchester United. They just need a clear win and at the moment they aren't a team who is finishing off the opponent. Or did someone really like them against Arsenal, City (Munich game) and United? Maybe I'm just biased because I hate Guardiola football...

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th It was very interesting listening to Gus Poyet after the Monday night game against Tottenham. Basically his assessment was that Sunderland needed to play the game in a style that suites their personnel and ability. When they went behind they were basically buried, as they are unable to play catch-up. United are in a very similar situation to Sunderland in this match up. Play an open game, they will be buried. Fall behind, they probably won't come back (proved this season in the league). So their tactics are very limited and very predictable. Get a lot of players behind the ball and make wall-like-defense, counter attack very fast, and flood the opponents box at set-pieces. The Übermenschthing would have been dispelled last week, when United did well to draw. Now United are thinking they could win it. They had decent chances on the break, and Bayern's back 2 were definitely exposed. Bayern are not unbeatable, but the first step is to believe you can ! Small bet on the away win at 13-1 is too good to pass up

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Whilst I believe Bayern should and will win, I'm going to sneak some side money on the draw (which I believe is excellent value) and an MU win. If it ends in a draw I break even. My bets: 1 stake 'draw' 4 stakes 'MU WIN' Bayern's manager was well content with a draw at Old Trafford. With the home ground advantage, Bayern should dictate this game on their own terms, however, slow movement as witnessed in the first leg may assist United and result in an unlikely draw. Bayern are very strong, there is no denying that, however, I would write United off entirely - particularly at these odds.

The burden of expectation is all with the Germans and the pressure could tell on them - you never know!
I'm pretty sure the pressure will tell on Bayern late in the game if they're not comfortably ahead. If United take the lead or scores are level (meaning there's only one goal in it) then I think Bayern might well feel the pressure more than United. Initially the away goal is in Bayern's favour. They could draw 0-0 and go through. But thinking that way would be very dangerous for them, particularly looking at how poorly they defended in the first leg.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th 1.25 to Bavaria and 12.00 MU ? Mein Gott ... As usual in such top games , there are two options: either to try underdog or not to put all. Or do you really think , say, that there is some value 1 (-1.5) for 1.55 ? :) Of all the bets in favor of the underdog , I chose the best in my opinion. Bayern Munich - Manchester United , the forecast - guests score. I think all of you saw the first match. Let's be honest: w was stronger Bayern to Manchester , played better? Only in ball control and pressure on the gate. By 1-1 , shots on goal MU caused even more scoring chances. Bayern held the ball, but what's the point ? MU by initially game on the counter from time to time created very dangerous moments and could have scored even more than once. Bayern did not show a perfect game on defensive - MU several times dangerous crossing from defense to attack. At Old Trafford Manchester United scored after filing a set piece. This - the trump card for United. They have composed a number of high players playing first-class on the second floor - Vidic, Ferdinand, Fellaini , Carrick , Welbeck. Unconditionally , on the second floor MU exceed Bavaria. And the team has scored one goal from set piece week ago , certainly will try to earn as many corners, fre-kicks - a chance for Moyes and his team. At home, of course, Bavaria will play in the same ball control. Bavarians defense is not perfect, the way they have in 4 games in a row received. Another english team Manchester City in Munich scored 3 goals. Also important to note that Bavaria will not play Schweisteiger and Javi Martinez - two important players in midfield , including providing security fordefense. The absence of two key defensive midfielders at once - a blow to the defense. Another interesting fact is that Manchester United has scored in all 15 games last Champions League against german teams. Encouraging statistics :) In general , the odds for the home side then bend unnecessarily. Bavaria overestimate , underestimate MU. That was before the first match , so it continues today, although Manchester United at Old Trafford proved that can get result. Yes , MU achieves this result thanks to the game from the defensive. But what's the difference ? Shaft in any bet on the home team no. It is possible that Bayern willhave really great match , while Manchester United , on the contrary , the game goes as follows. But even in this case Bayern may well play and miss the goal of prestige. However, Manchester United recently encouraging won two league wins in a row with 8 goals in these games , and how Evra said - "we are strong in spirit and we are able to gather on the decisive match". The team is experienced , competent. Gathered and pulled out the game with Olympiakos , gathered and played solidly against Bayern at home ... No, just here line inadequate. Well, excuse me , Bayern plays with Freiburg to get 1.25 (!) What exactly choose in favor of the guests , and to choose whether it is - your business. Besides, lately, in the last years, Bayern had it difficult with english opponents, recall how close where to get eliminated last year by Arsenal, and this season very even games with both Arsenal and Manchester City. My choice : Bayern Munich - Manchester United, Manchester to score at 1.85 Bet-at-home --------------------------------- It seems a great bet, of the last 4 games in Champion, Evra have already taken 3 Yellows and in the first leg against Bayern was missing therefore shouldhave no problems tonight to continue "marking" and if you add to this playing away from home and having to face Robben you will agree that 4.5 a lots of value to stick with it. In my view, bet of the day for this match and the Champions League day. Evra (Manchester United) to get a card at 4.50 Unibet --------------------------- Over 4.5 cards seems very possible. In the first round 5 yellows and red. Manchester in principle it is worse team, but Manchester is still not going to give anything away. If Bayern do not put the roll and tie is still open, the over is likely. Five cards in a game where the stakes are so high, thank you. A decisive match, highlighted in yesterday's games that we saw a lot of cards. In the second leg I think teams will do anything to reach the next stage. Over 4.5 yelllow cards (asian) at 1.85 Bet365 - direct red counted as 2 yellows

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Has Guardiola lose his marbles? Lahm in the middle of the park, no structure at all, players roaming around where they want. Can't think of one good chance they created in the first half, there is hope yet for United (to my amazement). Pep has the team set up as if he is back playing kiddies football. United just sitting back, nick the ball and try break. Good luck to those who have United back, I will be shouting ye on!

Has Guardiola lose his marbles? Lahm in the middle of the park, no structure at all, players roaming around where they want. Can't think of one good chance they created in the first half, there is hope yet for United (to my amazement). Pep has the team set up as if he is back playing kiddies football. United just sitting back, nick the ball and try break. Good luck to those who have United back, I will be shouting ye on!
Villa and Pedro were key to Barca's success which gets overlooked a lot. Ribery and Robben are too selfish and just don't offer that same movement not only providing outlets for the playmakers inside but creating space in the middle of the pitch. You see it in Barca today when they play Fabregas and move Iniesta out wide which makes them instantly half as effective as the middle of the pitch gets crowded. Iniesta just doesn't offer that movement out wide to create chances. The old Pedro, Messi and Villa front line was incredible and allowed Messi, Iniesta and Xavi to play at their maximum which was why Barca were so successful. Pep just doesn't have the players to replicate this system at Bayern.

Villa and Pedro were key to Barca's success which gets overlooked a lot. Ribery and Robben are too selfish and just don't offer that same movement not only providing outlets for the playmakers inside but creating space in the middle of the pitch. You see it in Barca today when they play Fabregas and move Iniesta out wide which makes them instantly half as effective as the middle of the pitch gets crowded. Iniesta just doesn't offer that movement out wide to create chances. The old Pedro' date=' Messi and Villa front line was incredible and allowed Messi, Iniesta and Xavi to play at their maximum which was why Barca were so successful. Pep just doesn't have the players to replicate this system at Bayern.[/quote'] Full agree with all of that. Yes Toto, I know Lahm has played well there, but that is only because he has the players around him to get away with it. At the end of the day he is probably the best right back in the world, and he is now playing centre mid.. For me, that is just insane. Pep got away with it tonight, but let's face it, that Bayern side were very poor over the 2 legs, had bundles of the ball and for all they blitzed United in a 15 minute spell tonight, they won't get away with it against a team as well structured as Atletico. That Bayern side should have hammered United. And Bayern's centre backs are brutal too, United looked like scoring every time they got at them (which wasn't an awful lot).

Full agree with all of that. Yes Toto, I know Lahm has played well there, but that is only because he has the players around him to get away with it. At the end of the day he is probably the best right back in the world, and he is now playing centre mid.. For me, that is just insane. Pep got away with it tonight, but let's face it, that Bayern side were very poor over the 2 legs, had bundles of the ball and for all they blitzed United in a 15 minute spell tonight, they won't get away with it against a team as well structured as Atletico. That Bayern side should have hammered United. And Bayern's centre backs are brutal too, United looked like scoring every time they got at them (which wasn't an awful lot).
That's another thing, Pep has brought that same defensive vulnerability of his Barca side to Bayern. Because they commit so many players forward once you get through that wave of pressure there's a ton of space in behind to take advantage of and pale in comparison to his Barca side going forward who could always score one more goal than the opposition. Bayern were a machine under Heynckes but as Guardiola doesn't have the right players to implement his system they look more beatable this time round.

That's another thing' date=' Pep has brought that same defensive vulnerability of his Barca side to Bayern. Because they commit so many players forward once you get through that wave of pressure there's a ton of space in behind to take advantage of and pale in comparison to his Barca side going forward who could always score one more goal than the opposition. Bayern were a machine under Heynckes but as Guardiola doesn't have the right players to implement his system they look more beatable this time round.[/quote'] I fully agree. I actually don't think they will win the Champions League after watching those 2 legs. Barca could get away with that system because they had Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, and two good centre backs in Puyol and Pique.. Even though Barca had two very good centre backs, the way they played meant they were vulnerable. I hope Bayern get Atletico or Chelsea, cos I can see Simeone or Mourinho doing a right job on them..

I fully agree. I actually don't think they will win the Champions League after watching those 2 legs. Barca could get away with that system because they had Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, and two good centre backs in Puyol and Pique.. Even though Barca had two very good centre backs, the way they played meant they were vulnerable. I hope Bayern get Atletico or Chelsea, cos I can see Simeone or Mourinho doing a right job on them..
I'm kicking myself for not having the balls to go for Atletico outright back in February. There's no outstanding side in the competition this season as we saw in 2013 and 2011 for example so Chelsea and Atleticoin particular have a good chance. Simeone just has them playing out of their skins at the moment and they just look so hard to beat. Look at Tiago, he was finished 5 years ago but under Simeone he looks like a top player. Unbelievable job he's done there. Still have Benfica to cheer for in Europe but there's still some value in Atletico at 5/1 for me.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester United > Wednesday April 9th Yeah I think last year Bayern were a perfectly engineered piece of German machinery. Strong, ruthless, efficiently and their play was full of meaning. Robben and Ribery had a free license to express themselves as you would expect, but overall they would kill you in 3 passes. I agree with you two in that they probably won't win it this year based on the 2 Man U matches. Atletico,Chelsea and Real are all dangerous on the counter attack and their direct styles can really hurt Bayern. The irony is that Bayern under Heynkes were the MOST direct and the BEST on the counter. Conclusion is that Guardiola is trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes. BkzkkpgCUAAn2gD.jpg:large

Yeah I think last year Bayern were a perfectly engineered piece of German machinery. Strong, ruthless, efficiently and their play was full of meaning. Robben and Ribery had a free license to express themselves as you would expect, but overall they would kill you in 3 passes. I agree with you two in that they probably won't win it this year based on the 2 Man U matches. Atletico,Chelsea and Real are all dangerous on the counter attack and their direct styles can really hurt Bayern. The irony is that Bayern under Heynkes were the MOST direct and the BEST on the counter. Conclusion is that Guardiola is trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes. BkzkkpgCUAAn2gD.jpg:large
This is what I have been thinking from watching bayern this year, especially in the champions league. A manager should coach a strategy that suits his team, instead of the other way around. If you ask me, Pep gets too much credit for taking his strategy and getting bayern to use it. Not that Bayern doesn't have to keep improving though to stay on top though, and he has done some good things, but he also has kept trying to play without Mandzukic all season over an over and he has pretty obviously been wrong about that. You do always have to keep improving though when you're the champs. Anyways I'm done I was just glad to see someone else thought this as well.