** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Olympiacos (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]91.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th 4pts Both teams to score 10/11 William Hill You would think if this United side has any pride and respectability left it will go down all guns blazing here but that in itself leaves them open to the counter attack by the Greeks. United haven’t defended well for quite some time and with dangers like Javier Saviola around a goal on the break for Olympiakos would not be a surprise. United need at least two to keep the tie alive, three to win it so there are goals for both teams in this second leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-olympiakos-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-intriguing-second-leg

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th United to qualify at 2.75 Betfair At the end of the day it's still Manchester United. They played their worst possible football in first leg and that's the only reason they lost two silly goals. I'm putting high stakes on United to qualify as I believe they will crush Olympiacos at OT.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th

United to qualify at 2.75 Betfair At the end of the day it's still Manchester United. They played their worst possible football in first leg and that's the only reason they lost two silly goals. I'm putting high stakes on United to qualify as I believe they will crush Olympiacos at OT.
I understand your thinking but.... This is a United team that most people have not seen in 25 years. They are breaking new ground, playing horrendous , clueless football. You keep thinking , they will it turn around, but they descend further and further playing a brand of football that is unrecognizable. I would be looking at BTTS and over 2.5 goals, but if United don't get and early goal here they and those bets will be done...

United to qualify at 2.75 Betfair At the end of the day it's still Manchester United. They played their worst possible football in first leg and that's the only reason they lost two silly goals. I'm putting high stakes on United to qualify as I believe they will crush Olympiacos at OT.
You can get 2/1 with Bet Victor.

United to qualify at 2.75 Betfair At the end of the day it's still Manchester United.
That's the problem! :lol ALL the pressure is on United here. Greeks have just wrapped up the title, are on a high, and ready to play the match of their lives and fight for every scrap. Personally I'm on the fence, I don't lean one way or another as to what will happen. But this one's a no bet for me and a MUST see. This could be a historic night in MU history (for better or for worse).

I personally think you are utterly mad :lol This comes down to the usual thinking we have had time and time and time and time again this season 'IT'S MAN UTD!!! They will come good, they have Rooney, Mata, RVP, how can they lose!?'...They are a poor side, their tactics are non-existent and their defence is a shambles. They are probably as bad at home as they are away. I wouldn't really know what to bet on in this to be honest, Utd continue to plunge into further depths of depravity, Olympiacos have a few injuries but can probably put on a decent defensive rearguard. Not seen anything from United that makes me think they can overturn a 2 goal deficit.

That's the problem! :lol ALL the pressure is on United here. Greeks have just wrapped up the title, are on a high, and ready to play the match of their lives and fight for every scrap. Personally I'm on the fence, I don't lean one way or another as to what will happen. But this one's a no bet for me and a MUST see. This could be a historic night in MU history (for better or for worse).
I couldn't have put it any better.........I'm swaying to worse scenario here. There is not much that gives you belief that man utd can overturn this deficit, Liverpool gave them a comfortable going over in which they looked clueless, also a game they would have wanted to put everything into winning, so for this reason I'm happy to take Olympiacos. Its not as if they were robbed over there, and a win at old trafford is more than likely with this bunch. Olypiacos @ 7 bet365

I couldn't have put it any better.........I'm swaying to worse scenario here. There is not much that gives you belief that man utd can overturn this deficit, Liverpool gave them a comfortable going over in which they looked clueless, also a game they would have wanted to put everything into winning, so for this reason I'm happy to take Olympiacos. Its not as if they were robbed over there, and a win at old trafford is more than likely with this bunch. Olypiacos @ 7 bet365
Agree, I think the motivation is oddly more in favour of Olympiacos here as beating United in their own back yard is still worthy of getting out of bed for, and what a better time to do it. If the United players haven't shown any leadership or fight all season then how can they be expected to overturn a two goal deficit here? This isn't the old United where you had a Roy Keane type character. I think the players have all gotten too used to winning and aren't prepared to fight for the club personally. Players like Van Persie will just look at the situation and think fcuk it I can move to Barcelona, or City in the summer and seal up a nice retirement fund, if he hasn't already! Even giving Rooney a stupidly expensive contract was a bad move IMO as he clearly hates the manager and has been angling for more money to stay at a club he claims to love since Fergie was there. If he was still there Rooney would have been told to do one and they wouldn't have blown 35 million quid on a Mata. Chelsea were laughing all the way to the bank :lol

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Luckily for United, Olympiakos are crap too so they do have a good chance of getting through tonight, I don't think he is mad at all, that is just his opinion. As crap as the season has been, United have performed well in the Champions League games this season, won all 3 at home and beat Leverkusen 5-0 away. Beat Leverkusen, Shakhtar and Socieded at home, 3 sides that are better than Olympiakos. I have also backed United to qualify tonight @ 2/1, and I haven't had a bet on us probably since September, feeling quite confident they can turn this tie around. As for Mata, how can he be criticised, he has come into a squad with no management, organisation, structure or belief, what do you expect him to do?

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Was mulling over the pre-game psychology .... Well United are in a very sticky situation here. Tactically it's a complete fkc-up and their hands are tied. If they set up attacking and go for it, they could concede a counter-attack break goal, that will leave them needing to score 4 goals. That's probably not going to happen going 0-1 down. So they can't set up and play this way. They cannot afford to let in a goal .... absolutely pivotal, vital and critical. They concede a goal, it's over, and it leaves them needing to score 4 goals, which is highly unlikely. Olympiacos don't need to do much. Keep it steady, play rock solid defense and frustrate the opponent. So their #1 objective is not scoring goals, but just defending soundly. United's only game plan is to play tight and stay patient probably nick 1 in each half if they are going to win this. The problem with this approach is the longer the game goes on without a goal , the more confident Olympiacos will get, and the better they will play. Assuming Moyes knows this :unsure, and will respond logically and accordingly you have to figure on two bets NO to Both teams to score and Man United to win to NIL.

Luckily for United' date=' Olympiakos are crap too so they do have a good chance of getting through tonight, I don't think he is mad at all, that is just his opinion. As crap as the season has been, United have performed well in the Champions League games this season, won all 3 at home and beat Leverkusen 5-0 away. Beat Leverkusen, Shakhtar and Socieded at home, 3 sides that are better than Olympiakos. I have also backed United to qualify tonight @ 2/1, and I haven't had a bet on us probably since September, feeling quite confident they can turn this tie around. As for Mata, how can he be criticised, he has come into a squad with no management, organisation, structure or belief, what do you expect him to do?[/quote'] I agree. Ofcourse, utd are nowhere near their normal performance level but all streaks come to an end. Good or bad. This team can't loose forever and they did show up in their recent CL games at home while they played terrible in the league. Teams in the group stage who are even better than olympiakos imo or hold the same quality. The greek side did well in the first leg but we all know these kind of teams always perform way better at home than away. We will never find out the truth cause no team will ever admit they were thinking about the 2th leg at home but in these fixtures I sometimes do believe the bigger teams have something like.. Well, even a small loss isn't that bad for us cause we are strong at home and will win anyways. But utd was so bad and absolutely showed nothing in Greece. No fighting spirit or what so ever and I do think they took it way too lightly. They conceded another goal which shocked the whole nation. And they will have a tough task tonight. Don't get me wrong, utd surely wanted to win that game but after they conceded first there were no signs at all that their players were thinking about a do or die game. But like I said, this utd team still holds class and could turn this leg around in their favor on a good day. A big europian night is the perfect oppurtunity for UTD to give themselves a small break. I honestly think they surely won't loose twice, not at old trafford and they will likely win it. Olympiakos are no world beaters and if Utd can find a early first half goal the pressure will be huge for both sides and Utd is far more experienced in these kind of situations and they have a bunch of players who know how to act at the right moments. It might all end miserably but I don't think utd will fail in front of their own crowd. Likely home win for me and I just hope they can qualify cause we really don't want to see psg - olympiakos in the quarter finals, or do we? ;-) I won't bet on this game just my 2 cents here. Goodluck all!

Luckily for United' date=' Olympiakos are crap too so they do have a good chance of getting through tonight, I don't think he is mad at all, that is just his opinion. As crap as the season has been, United have performed well in the Champions League games this season, won all 3 at home and beat Leverkusen 5-0 away. Beat Leverkusen, Shakhtar and Socieded at home, 3 sides that are better than Olympiakos. I have also backed United to qualify tonight @ 2/1, and I haven't had a bet on us probably since September, feeling quite confident they can turn this tie around. As for Mata, how can he be criticised, he has come into a squad with no management, organisation, structure or belief, what do you expect him to do?[/quote'] It helped that Sociedad and Leverkusen are pretty piss poor at the back....

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th A very bad season are doing the boys from the Old Trafford. For that matter, what is left to Van Persie , Rooney , and company? Today, only. I am sure is that they will try to qualify. Have no choice but to lay a siege to the Greek goal in search of the almost miracle. I think Man Utd will try to get the first goal quickly, but see more value to the shares on the corners not to handicap or classification of the English side. The first prediction is that there is a corner before 8th minutes. Presumably Man Utd will mark the first goal as quickly as possible. The fans at Old Trafford like to see the players attitude from the very first minute. And a corner at Old Trafford is half a goal. I expect first few minutes of clear dominance of Moyes team and the occasion can be translated into a corner before 8th minute. A center , a direct shot of Rooney or Van Persie , any move by the band. I think this has value share for a quick corner in the game. Corner before 8:00 minute , yes at 1.83 Bet365 --- I Think in this game Utd will try to make an absolute siege on the goal of Oly. In such games a lot of crosses into the penalty box are made from the wing, or lateral frekicks, corners ... and the great Manchester attendants and two good players with header as Rooney and Van Persie, must try: Robin van Persie to Score a Header: Yes at 9.90 Betsson Wayne Rooney to Score a Header: Yes at 8.95 Betsson

Luckily for United' date=' Olympiakos are crap too so they do have a good chance of getting through tonight, I don't think he is mad at all, that is just his opinion. As crap as the season has been, United have performed well in the Champions League games this season, won all 3 at home and beat Leverkusen 5-0 away. Beat Leverkusen, Shakhtar and Socieded at home, 3 sides that are better than Olympiakos. I have also backed United to qualify tonight @ 2/1, and I haven't had a bet on us probably since September, feeling quite confident they can turn this tie around. As for Mata, how can he be criticised, he has come into a squad with no management, organisation, structure or belief, what do you expect him to do?[/quote'] How can you just shrug off the Greek champions as 'crap'? They earned four points from two clashes with Benfica, brushed aside Anderlecht and put up a good performance against PSG. They also beat Man Utd 2-0... They're 18 points clear in their league and although it's not the most competitive of leagues, they're still against some good sides.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Coming from a different angle on this, I have had a small bet on any goalkeeper to be carded at 6.0 with Bet Victor. Very hard market to determine value, and not many books pricing the keepers to be carded. But aside from the normal small chance of a keeper being carded in open play, time wasting, most likely by the Greeks has to be a distinct possibility. It is often the GK that is most obvious with this, and I see the Greek keeper was carded late on at home to Benfica when they were hanging onto a precious 1-0 lead. I have checked various minute by minute reports to see if this was for time wasting but can't confirm it anywhere. Same market was 9.0 in Real Madrid game last night, so books seem to have taken into account the time wasting factor. But at 6.0 I think it's worth a small bet. GL all Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

How can you just shrug off the Greek champions as 'crap'? They earned four points from two clashes with Benfica' date=' brushed aside Anderlecht and put up a good performance against PSG. They also beat Man Utd 2-0... They're 18 points clear in their league and although it's not the most competitive of leagues, they're still against some good sides.[/quote'] Going by Champions League standards they are a poor side. The Greek league is a nothing league and they are a team full of very average players at best. They lost 4-1 at home to PSG last time I checked, PSG had already topped the group by the time the home leg had come around. Yes they beat Anderlecht, a team that are 10 points adrift in the Belgian league.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Lol, and anderlecht were the better side by far. Could have scored 7 or 8 goals against olympiakos it was unbelievable to see them missing so many sitters!! but an insane hattrick by mitroglou gave them the win 3 goals out of 3 chances. Anderlecht played a great game and were the dominant side. If united reaches their normal level they will surely win here.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th You failed to mention they're results v Benfica. Also the result I referred to against PSG was the away tie. They have been a tough side in the CL on many occasions and for me the Greek league is not a 'nothing' league.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Over 2.5 This is one of the most important games of Man Utd's season. They have to throw all in into this game because league season was a disaster so far and this is the only trophy they can win (even the lottery looks to be more possible atm). Their place in best 4 in the PL is a huge question so if they are planning to sign some world class players in the summer they have to qualify for CL aswell.

You failed to mention they're results v Benfica. Also the result I referred to against PSG was the away tie. They have been a tough side in the CL on many occasions and for me the Greek league is not a 'nothing' league.
Yes, I already stated that PSG had already sealed the group when the away tie took place. They beat them 4-1 away and beat them in first gear at home. Benfica also battered Olympiakos in Greece, the Greeks were extremely fortunate to win. Benfica had 62% possession, 13 shots on goal to Olympiakos' 5 shots.. A good side would have more than 38% of the ball at home. Anyways, enjoy the game.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th And of we gooooooo! Robin Van Persieeeee! English sides at home are amazing in europe! No matter how bad utd is playing in the league they always raise their game in the CL again this year especially at home! Now finish them off pls!

And of we gooooooo! Robin Van Persieeeee! English sides at home are amazing in europe! No matter how bad utd is playing in the league they always raise their game in the CL again this year especially at home! Now finish them off pls!
bro, this is Olympiacos, will see the english power vs big teams...

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th I'm talking about facts bro.. United and chelsea are amazing at home in europe! Even last year united played really really well against madrid and were unlucky they went out. So yes they are a force to reckon with. Great night, great win.