** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th

Aidymac

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Wouldn't say great performance but thanks to that double save by De Gea and the fact that the Greeks did not have a decent forward United are in the last 8. Roll on Friday and an easy draw.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th

Are you scared of West Ham ? :unsure
In the champions league. :ok Ahhh yeah, 3-0 win and into the champions league QF's with a very average group of players who worked their asses off tonight, some are never happy. Given the circumstances and the shit I have watched this season, that was a great performance.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Well Aidy it is up to you if you want to call it a great performance but I am basing it on the fact that Utd had 4 shots on target and scored three, Olympiakos had eight shots on target but fortunately did not score, as I stated if they had a decent forward United were in trouble.

Well Aidy it is up to you if you want to call it a great performance but I am basing it on the fact that Utd had 4 shots on target and scored three' date=' Olympiakos had eight shots on target but fortunately did not score, as I stated if they had a decent forward United were in trouble.[/quote'] De Gea saved our bacon, I thought we were dodgy at the back tonight and only for the man between the posts we were done and dusted. However, considering we had a 40 year old in centre mid and a crock in Ferdinand centre half, we did very well to keep a clean sheet. Evra was shambolic I thought personally and yeah when it comes to the bare statistics it does not look that good but tonight was about the result. What I was really pleased with tonight was the hunger and fire from the players, especially Welbeck, Rafael and Rooney so I tip my hat to them for a change. And that was why I called Olympiakos a poor/crap team before the game, they are a poor side, they don't have a single outstanding player on the pitch and that is why I fancied United to turn the tie around. You are right, if they had a quality striker they might have got that away goal.. I'm just trying to be positive and happy for a change, the season has been so bad! :lol No doubt West Ham and City will put us back into the dungeons.

I understand your thinking but.... This is a United team that most people have not seen in 25 years. They are breaking new ground, playing horrendous , clueless football. You keep thinking , they will it turn around, but they descend further and further playing a brand of football that is unrecognizable. I would be looking at BTTS and over 2.5 goals, but if United don't get and early goal here they and those bets will be done...
Was mulling over the pre-game psychology .... Well United are in a very sticky situation here. Tactically it's a complete fkc-up and their hands are tied. If they set up attacking and go for it, they could concede a counter-attack break goal, that will leave them needing to score 4 goals. That's probably not going to happen going 0-1 down. So they can't set up and play this way. They cannot afford to let in a goal .... absolutely pivotal, vital and critical. They concede a goal, it's over, and it leaves them needing to score 4 goals, which is highly unlikely. Olympiacos don't need to do much. Keep it steady, play rock solid defense and frustrate the opponent. So their #1 objective is not scoring goals, but just defending soundly. United's only game plan is to play tight and stay patient probably nick 1 in each half if they are going to win this. The problem with this approach is the longer the game goes on without a goal , the more confident Olympiacos will get, and the better they will play. Assuming Moyes knows this :unsure, and will respond logically and accordingly you have to figure on two bets NO to Both teams to score and Man United to win to NIL.
Contradict yourself much there Neil? One post is Over 2.5 goals and BTTS! Next post is NO to BTTS and Utd to win to nil. You had them all covered. :loon

Coming from a different angle on this, I have had a small bet on any goalkeeper to be carded at 6.0 with Bet Victor. Very hard market to determine value, and not many books pricing the keepers to be carded. But aside from the normal small chance of a keeper being carded in open play, time wasting, most likely by the Greeks has to be a distinct possibility. It is often the GK that is most obvious with this, and I see the Greek keeper was carded late on at home to Benfica when they were hanging onto a precious 1-0 lead. I have checked various minute by minute reports to see if this was for time wasting but can't confirm it anywhere. Same market was 9.0 in Real Madrid game last night, so books seem to have taken into account the time wasting factor. But at 6.0 I think it's worth a small bet. GL all Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum
Nothing doing here, had expected better resistance by the Greeks Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th Well done on those who bet on United. The Greeks lacked a quality striker and this is the main reason they did not go through. But then again every respectable punter knows they sold it to Fulham, so there was a lot of value on this one.

Re: Manchester United v Olympiacos > Wednesday March 19th I agree. It was a good performance by United. De Gea made that fantastic double save to keep us in it but I thought Valencia had a good game as well. Especially in the first 60 mins. He basically played with an eye closed. Brave! Now let's hope RVP's injury is nothing serious.