** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sat 9th november

corky

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 1425 doncaster 1pt win eton rifles 11/2 willy hills 8 year old gelding has had only he one race this year when she finished 2nd 35 days ago beaten a short head by steps,as he has had not much racing this year it is possible that he might be that bit fresher and have more to come, he won this last year,anzeni/williams have a 15% strike rate when teaming up, (30% win and place)

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november W1.30 Kim Tian Road e/w 25/1 Bet365 The return to a galloping track could be the key here having not run any sort of race on a very different track last time. The upshot of that poor run is that the horse is now available at a much bigger price than it probably should be. Prior to that the horse had won well a couple of times at Exeter and it's interesting that some of those horses that it slammed "easily" in one of those victories have gone and won off higher marks subsequently. This trainer has a terrific strike rate and the 152 absence shouldn't be a problem either - 2 of the trainers 3 runners racing after a layoff have won this season. The booking of an excellent 3lb claimer for the first time is seen as another positive meaning that the horse is in effect racing off just a 5lb higher mark than that last Exeter win where it won comfortably. Quite simply, if there are excuses for the last run, then this horse could be capable of going close at a decent price.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 2.05pm @ Wincanton Far West' (WIN) 7/2 (StanJames) My NAP of the meeting for Cheltenham past where he unfortunately found Our Conor too good, but I have to stick with it for the foreseeable future. A serious horse although faces some potentially serious competition tomorrow. Melodic Rendevouz has looked most impressive and will be the danger but I think even on seasonal return, Far West should prove the classiest of this bunch in a race that will be well worth a watch. I don't see anywhere near 7/2 being available tomorrow so it's screaming value at the minute. Will get an uncomplicated ride too from Sam TD. I find it difficult to resist having a go at a big priced runner in a handicap on a Saturday for this thread, but can't let this animal go by without napping it. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 1.20 Sandown Grandouet 1/2 Bet365 BOG Grandout stands out a mile on his hurdles form and needs only to jump around to collect. I'm on a 3 run losing streak which I don't like so I'm playing it safe. Confidence is everything when it comes to betting and Granduet will either win or fall. 1 Point win for nap purposes Granduet 1/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november Trainer Miss R.Curtis sends out just the two runners for Sandown, she has a runner in the first, and a runner in the last, reading into that they must be at least hopeful as they stick around from Race 1 until Race 7 The 5yr old gelding has already won a race and over further than today, he's another that could be a very nice future prospect and id not be that disappointed if he doesn't win today as he will have plenty of other days, its a tricky looking race and another with an obvious chance is the runner form the N.Henderson camp, a little market check early bird might give us a little clue as to the chance and confidence from connections. One thing is for sure, the selection gets the trip, and the going should be another factor in his favour, jockey P.Corbett gets the leg up on both the Curtis runners, at a small guess, this looks the one they travel for. 16:10 Sandown - Tara Road. No showing price, 0.5 E/w Bet @ SP

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november Doncaster 3:35 - Betfred November Handicap (2) Big competitive handicap here tomorrow but I quite like the price of Rio's Rosanna who has now dropped to a lovely mark over a distance she loves. Her best form is on soft ground which is a big plus coming into tomorrow and she has a good claimer on board. Finished 2nd to Open Eagle at Carlisle off a 2 pound higher mark a few runs back and I am shocked she is 40/1 here. Rio's Rosanna WIN @ 40/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 1.50 DONCASTER TARTIFLETTE @11/1 Paddy BOG .5ew Won this race last year and followed that up off a 4lb higher mark than today and although he has been a little disappointing of late their was nothing wrong with his 5th here in June as the 3 who beat him that day have won since off marks of 90, 96 and 104! Will have no problem with soft ground although I'm not sure it will be as Soft as you think at Donny.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november Wincanton 2.05 - Cotton Mill (1pts win, 4/1 Stan James) A nice looking race here with a few who have potential to go on to bigger things this season I have sided with Cotton Mill who returns after a 200+ day break but has won following a long lay off before so that's no real worry. Had a good 2012 with stand out performances at Aintree & Newbury in valuable handicaps and if he races to his best should go close here.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 240 Wincanton: Ballyallia Man EW 14/1 SJ Still quite lightly raced over fences having only had ten starts and expect him to improve on his mark of 127 in staying chases this season. Had a spin over hurdles in preparation for this and the yard are going well at the moment. Was 4th last year to The Package and goes well at Wincantion so overall i think 14/1 is too big for this decent sort.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november Doncaster 3.35 - Lahaag 9/1 BetVictor BOG Lahaag comes out clear on my ratings and I fancy this type of race will suit him down to the ground. He has form in big fields, on soft ground and at this trip. He is a fresher horse than most of these and I am sure Mr Gosden would have had his eye on this race for some time. The trainer also has a great record in these type of events at Doncaster (see Hugh Taylor's column on ATR) and while I would have preferred one with a bit more juice in the price (saying that I think Shrewd will run well!), I think this horse could take some stopping.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november

240 Wincanton: Ballyallia Man EW 14/1 SJ Still quite lightly raced over fences having only had ten starts and expect him to improve on his mark of 127 in staying chases this season. Had a spin over hurdles in preparation for this and the yard are going well at the moment. Was 4th last year to The Package and goes well at Wincantion so overall i think 14/1 is too big for this decent sort.
Apparently the 14/1 went as i was posting so to be fair will have 12/1 with Bet365 or BetVic:ok

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 3.15 Winc WONDERFUL CHARM 7/4 BetVictor WIN "Jumped as well as any novice I can recall and traveled like a dream last time out...hardly breaking sweat! Been very lightly raced in the last couple of years-which could be viewed both positively and negatively-but I'll be disappointed if he can't beat his three creditable opponents. Be happier if Ruby was on- but, there you go..."

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 13.30 Wincanton Utopies des Bordes 8/1 Ladbrokes Is drifting since early on in the market, but hopefully some late money will come for that. Is on seasonal debut and in my opinion the real class horse in this race, many here are pretty weak and to me Call Me a Star and Utopies Des Bordes are on ability several stones ahead of the rest. Utopies Des Bordes is in my view very classy built physically and always capable of making the late push away from them if in contention.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november Blazing... Quick point on your selection I noticed!

Lahaag is the other horse that interests me because he is a gritty individual who keeps finding when others have given up hope. We saw this in a decent York handicap last month and this was the third time that he has traded 2xBSP and twice he has traded 4xBSP so if you fancy him put some offers up in the run at big prices.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november 14.00 Kenilworth: Trapped In Ice @ 7/1 Sportingbet Trapped In Ice was gelded after two disappointing maiden performances earlier this year and showed some nice improvement since then, finishing third on his comeback run after a 3 month long lay-off and won then pretty well a Maiden plate last month over todays trip when making all from the front. He overcame a wide draw and set a good pace, had everyone off the bridle turning for home and kicked on 500m out, bringing a gap between himself and the rest, was then idling in front, but found more when headed and won well in the end, coming well clear of the rest of the field bar the runner-up who finished close behind. Has a good draw today and should go well with further improvement expected for this lightly raced gelding as well as the light weight in the race.

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november Kelso 2.50 - Mr Moonshine - win at 9/4 bog wm hill Hasn't won for a while but generally contests the top handicap chases. Drops in class today and is 5lb lower that last run (when he was out of the handicap but still ran well in the Old Roan at Aintree) He is a prominent runner but in the top races he can't usually get away from the pack In this lower grade he might well escape and be able to bowl along in front. This sharpish track should help. Although he's now 9 years old he's never run over the minimum trip. Normally that would put you straight off him as probably lacking pace. But he'll stay the trip well and hopefully once out the front he won't be stopping

3.00 Doncaster Astra Hall e/w 33/1 betvic Beckett has a record of 1-3-1 in this race so this is of interest. Has a bit to find with these having never run at this level before but is effective over 1m2 and on soft ground and I think it has a decent draw :) Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Sat 9th november

3.15 Winc WONDERFUL CHARM 7/4 BetVictor WIN "Jumped as well as any novice I can recall and traveled like a dream last time out...hardly breaking sweat! Been very lightly raced in the last couple of years-which could be viewed both positively and negatively-but I'll be disappointed if he can't beat his three creditable opponents. Be happier if Ruby was on- but, there you go..."
The only winner today:clap