** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

BBOTD Friday 11th October

York 2.30 - Singeur 22/1 EW Corals BOG I think this horse has an interesting profile and he looks to have been a little unlucky recently, which in turn has resulted in a very decent price. Dungannon is the sprinter in form and I think Above Standard is handily weighted but conditions just seem perfect for the selection so I have put him up ahead of those two. He is an out and out 5f sprinter with a hold up running style, who has previously won well at the track and appears to have enough pace on his part of the draw. He will handle good and even good to soft ground so any overnight rain wont be an issue (light shower is expected with a dry breezy day tomorrow). If you read between the lines, his last 4 runs have been full of promise. First at Ripon over 5f he finished behind Cheviot despite being held up and hampered at a speed favouring track (4th of 13 in group), before running a respectable 3rd of 11 back at Ripon over a furlong further (C2 hcap). He then went very close at Beverley after again getting hampered (1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th all looked progressive at the time but the form hasnt quite worked out yet) before finally finishing 4th of 9 on his side at Ayr again over a furlong too far. If he runs to this level of form and gets the breaks he deserves then I fancy him to finish in the points.

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 7.40 Wolverhampton Interesting handicap made all the more interesting by some of the quirky characters racing. Admirable Duque is a 6 time course winner and rarely runs a bad race here but he was held off this mark recently and some time since he has been able to win off a mark this high. Scribe is another that looks high enough in the weights being 5lb above last winning mark. Toughness Danon has more attitude than most, having refused to race last time out and often slowly away out of stalls, he is clearly well handicapped but you are taking his attitude on trust returned back to the flat. Getaway Car bolted 11lengths clear around here over 1m4f and stamina didn’t look to be emptying so should handle this step up in trip, struggled to land a blow back on turf of revised mark in cheekpieces but might be worth another chance back on this surface and step up in trip having shaped badly in need of a step up last time out. Blinkers reapplied today. Alpine Mysteries won nicely last time out but a 6lb rise in a stronger race may be enough to stop her going in again. 1pt win Getaway Car 5/1 >Bet365

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 3.55 Carlisle Superior Quality Sp Unfortunately I won't be around to snap up the early morning price on this which is a pity. Anyway Superior Quality won 2 novice hurdles last year in the style of a good horse before being outclassed at Cheltenham. The stable is flying and again he is the best horse in the race by far. His opposition are only the fences. In other words he will either win or fall. 1 Point win Superior Quality sp

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October Everybody run:eek, Here comes Today's Burger and it comes from Newton Abbot. Im going to plunge for Hillary Parrotts charge Wayward Prince:hope in the South West Racing Club Handicap at 3.30. This horse has being running up against the best steeplechaser's that's out there. He found top class chasing a bit too much to handle last year. Stepping back in class in hrd, could be just what he needs. He is also a nice price for a Betfred Bowl Chase/Gold Cup horse that's running in a handicap hurdle in Newton Abbott, Alright he came 6th of 8 in the Betfred Bowl Chase (40/1) in Aintree and 7th of 9 in the Gold Cup (100/1) but these boys are not in that league and I feel he is worth a punt. Even if he is probable only running out to keep fit. BBOTD....WAYWARD PRINCE....Newton Abbot....3:30 (7/1 boyles)

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 4.15pm @ York 'Chancery' @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes) Spent ages trying to decide which O'Meara horse I fancy more tomorrow but couldn't get away from Chancery. Backed it heavily last time out in a listed race when beaten a few lengths but has some sparkling form this season already, including winning over track and trip. Beat several decent enough horses this season already including some of tomorrows rivals and absolutely no way I can see tomorrow's race unfolding without Chancery in the mix at the business end. Big price, big chance. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October Newton Abbot 3:30 Emma Lavelle's horses are absolutely flying at the moment and she has another superb chance with Kangaroo Court in the feature race at Newton Abbot today. The gelding bolted up over course and distance last time out and with the form of the yard I don't think an 11 pound rise will prevent a follow up. Classy horse for a classy trainer. Kangaroo Court WIN @ 9/4 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 14.30 York: Cheviot, 16/1 Boylesports, e/w Cheviot ran quite well lto to finish eight in a stronger handicap at Haydock. He didn't have the clearest of runs that day but was full of running when a gap appeared and was closest at the finish. He is just one pound higher than his last win which was back in August. The ground and trip are ideal. Three pound claimer Jason Hart is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 4.30 Carl - Time for spring - win at 9/4 bog betvictor By elimination I've got this down to 2 Or de Grugy and Sergeant Pink do their winning on sharp or flat tracks and Harouet wants soft ground Of the two that remain both have won here but Time for Spring seems better suited t a stiff finish as all is 4 rules wins have been on right-hand racks with uphill finishes, here Ascot and Sandown. Lively Baron looks well capable of winning this as he usually runs in better races, seems to go well in small fields and comes from the powerful McCain yard. However he does seem to be ones for marathons and 3 miles on decent ground might see him a it one-paced. Both of them have a seasonal debut win to their names in the last couple of years Stable form is the clincher - Charlie Longsdon (the darling of RUK !) has his stable firing early in the season............9 winners from last 18 runners over the past couple of weeks or so

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October Wolverhampton 6.10 - Viennese Verse (1pts win 5/2 Ladbrokes) A race full of horse who you can put question marks against but in my opinion Viennese Verse jumps off the page as one who should be able to offer more going forward. Is on a hat trick after wins at Chepstow and here at Wolves and is raised another 3lbs but that's fair enough I think and looks the one to beat.

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 15.20 Carlisle - Drop Out Joe - Win @ 13\8 Bet365 BOG Class 4 Novice Hurdle on good ground over 2m 4f. Trainer Charlie Longsdon is in flying form at the moment and today looks a good opportunity for him to continue with 10 runners today with 9 of these at 4\1 or less and the other at around 7\1. Expect a few winners today but will I pick the right one? Drop Out Joe made his debut over hurdles 19 days ago at Uttoxeter and won his maiden by just over 2 lengths. Gets a penalty for that win but has the advantage of race fitness with 5 of his rivals making there seasonal debut and the other 2 putting in disappointing runs this year. No concerns over ground having won on good ground in that win, distance should be fine having won at 1/2f further at Uttoxeter but one word of warning this is a much tougher track with an uphill finish but I fancy Drop Out Joe to be fit and ready to see out this trip at this course. Noel Fehily is in the saddle and has ridden a few winners recently for the trainer.

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 245 Carlisle: Up To Something: 9/4 SJ Interesting that Charlie Longsdon takes this one straight into a handicap for his first run over fences. A useful novice who won easily last time and had some decent form last year especially when second to Puffin Billy in a Grade 2 race at Ascot. Rated 130 over hurdles and takes that mark into his chasing career and obviously connections reckon he's a bit better than that and i agree and should take this on his way to better things.

Re: BBOTD Friday 11th October 1m with billy on this one 1445 carlisle 1pt win up to something 2/1 pp 5 year old gelding making his chasing debut,and not a novice chase,straight into handicap chase, the trainer must have supreme confidence,he has been off course for 183 days and cheek pieces refitted, trainer has been in fine form lately

Late one sorry 8.50 Dundalk - Sky High Driver 1pt win 25/1 betvictor I'll go for win to be adventerous. Most of these have stamina or weight doubts so chancing this one for Deegan with Berry on board. Off for a year when returning to navan in may , btn 55L.so has been off for 5months but that run in may was first for Deegan since leaving swinbank so should know more now. 3 time winner on the Aw at southwell in UK , from 1m3 to 1m4 so has the stamina for this extended 10.5F. Last win on aw in UK came off this mark of 65 so should be competitive. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2