Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September

You can't say Spurs have strengthed when they have no Bale anymore. However, I feel the signings they have made is as good as they could have possibly done in the circumstances. Chadli, Capoue and Soldado along with Paulinho, a few cracking signings in my opinion. They had a tough game away to Palace on the opener and Swansea are never easy so to come away with two wins and two clean sheets, I don't know what else they could have done? On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.
Aidy, we had the 2nd best defence in the league last season, behind Man City. He might look ungainly but Mertesacker was a big part of that and is a better defender than Dawson for example. Vermaelen is our weakness.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Arsenal V Tottenham+0.5 @ 1.825 Bet365 (4 Points) At even money I just think Arsenal are too short here. I opposed them on the opening day against Villa as a bit if a long shot and I will definitely be opposing them again in this match. I don't think there is much between the two sides and as it stands, Spurs have the better squad IMHO. I expected to see 0.25 handicap here, similar to the prices in the Utd Chelsea match. Tottenham are missing Bale and they do seem to be missing a bit of attacking spark. I'm not a big fan of Lennon and from what little I've seen of Chadli I wasn't overly impressed. But where they do look very good is central midfield areas. They are going to be very hard for teams to break down and I can certainly see them frustrating Arsenal onnSunday. However you dress it up this has been a bit of a disastrous pre season for Arsenal and I think it's a good time for Spurs to catch them. I think they should only be on a +0.25 handicap and as such I'm more than happy to take them on the +0.5 line.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Value looks with +2.5 goals and has now been backed into 1.70. Watched Spurs the other day and they were very good defensively so slight concern Arsenal won’t be able to break them down but being a N London derby, should be fast paced and the overs should cash. Also, last 5 games between the sides at the Emirates have averaged 6 gpg so it should go over. Otherwise, I can’t separate the teams. Need to see how Arsenal react against a quality team to garner whether the Villa game was a blip or the signs of something serious. +2.5 goals 1.80

It wouldn't surprise me if Fenerbache threw the tie tbh. They never had any shots in the first leg. Seems they were going to get kicked out anyway' date=' as they have just been turfed out of the Europa League.[/quote'] Mate I didn't want to comment after that game in Turkey because I didn't want to come across as sour grapes (had Fernabache DNB) but it did look to me as if the Turks slept through that whole game and didn't give a toss frankly. I've seen them play MUCH stronger at home. So aside from these two wins we have the loss to Villa and the win vs Fulham. Watched Fulham play and it was a combination of giving way too much respect to arsenal, playing with fear, wrong 11 picked and wrong tactics deployed. OK now I still believe Arsenal's 11 are strong and quality players but my point is in these 4 games we haven't seen them truly tested by a strong opponent. One thing that sticks in my mind is their poor record against the big guns in recent seasons. Because they go to teams and get the nice passes going and it all looks very attractive but doesn't always get right result. More ruthless oppostions (Chelsea, Man U) just boss them. Spurs by no means are going to have it easy here and you have to give them an allowance of time as so many new players in the team are not going to turn up and start bashing teams 3,4 nil straight off the bat. But what they have shown is that the foundations to achieve those sort of performances have been firmly put in place by AVB, and La Mela and Eriksson are great additions too. I think that this is the first true test for BOTH teams this season and after this match alot of our questions will be answered. If you held a gun to my head then I agree with wisey10 on Spurs + 0.5 as I think the odds are good and they have a big chance to take something here and they rested most of the big players today. PS. I would bet small or not bet at all as no result or amount of goals would be a surprise at this stage

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September food for a thoughts... i am hotblooded and hotheaded, biased arsenal fun, who lost more money then won by betting on my own team .. and i will tell you something, arsenal will rip apart tottenham on sunday, tottenham`s new look is little bit overvalued by bling bling money spending ... i better won`t start, how bad they are :D ( ok , i won`t exaggerate - they didn`t took EPL by storm, playing teams like c. palace and swans at home ) .. if you put together arsenal XI , who are two seasons together, have played CL`s best teams and back to back EPL top 4 and 8 london derby`s,who one day beats barcelona and bayern and next day loses to bradford and aston villa ... against poorly gelling yet ,half team of first timers at emirates in a derby game, and your reasoning are - they have a good ( over payed by miles) signings, they not gonna lose this one @1.8 EH (+0.5) ... how do you bet ?? are you actually making money this way ? at any 50/50 event to pick anything under 2/1 is straight road to zero balance, pure math ! you are not picking out value bets, you are guessing from your biased opinion ! if you really cannot pick in all sunday`s fixture list, more stable encounter, then only value here is,like pay day here said, since in last 3 seasons all encounters went over 2.5 and all won btts, to play them in a long run ... since they down to only btts @1.57 and over 2.5 @1.66 with paddypower , i am not taking them as a singles , but will add them to acca. to enjoy this derby properly, i am putting tenner on scorecast with paddypower money back special - If this match ends in a draw, we will refund all losing First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Correct Score & Scorecast singles on the match. - girourd to score first and arsenal to win 3 - 2 @67 ... even i don`t believe so high scoreline , it`s just, this derby worst a crazy small punt for me .. so be wise, pragmatic and cool headed then you bet P.S. ... no offence spurs fans, i would rather see us both in top 4 over any other big 3, rather then sharing 4/5 th place every season .. GL to both this season

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Look, I am a neutral Arsenal, Spurs fan. I just want to win my bets. Watched both Spurs games this season and something is just not working. Swansea at home (who overachieved last season) and Crystal Palace away are hardly world beaters. 2 goals, both from the penalty spot, is not inspiring. Take away these 2 goals, and Spurs really did'nt threaten to much, even though they kept the ball well. Too many new players all trying to click with each other, and impress the manager. Throw in losing your talisman (Bale), and it's to much, all at once. Spurs look solid in midfield and defense, but the sharp end of the stick is a little off. Arsenal don't look bad. They played a reasonable Villa side and lost, but have scored bucket loads of goals in recent games, which helps the confidence. Girourd is finding his feet in the premier league, and he will have a good season. Will be a close game with 2 well matched teams. Normally that produces goals. H2H last 7 have been over 2.5 SPurs have been over 6 of their last 7 away Arsenal have been over 5 of last 7 at home Over 2.5 at 1.74 betdaq or 1.72 32red

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September this one is pretty simple to me as arsenal have too many injuries and spurs will come motivated to get ahead of them by three points early in the season. after the game wenger will panic buy new players just like last season. Tottenham win

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September I've been umming and arrring about this match all week, and in conclusion I will go for the draw. As far as the season goes, I see Spurs finishing above Arsenal. Spurs have invested heavily in their squad and AVB seems to moving them in the right direction. However, for this weekend, if I had to pick a winner I would pick Arsenal due to their apparent greater level of cohesiveness at the moment. I've no doubt Spurs will click in to gear soon enough but just believe Arsenal's first XI will be strong enough for now to fend off Spurs. Seeing as I don't have to pick a winner, I'll go for the draw as I can also see a case for a Spurs win. Maybe it should be a 'no bet' game but I want to get involved in the biggest of the weekend not involving my team. I see Cazorla and Walcott being the difference here, and Giroud is in fine form. A score draw wouldn't surprise me at all so I'm thinking of the following. Draw: 45/17 with 888sport Score 2-2: 14/1 with Betvictor (refund if losing bet and there's a red card in the match)

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September I think a 1-1 draw is quite likely here given Arsena's weakened squad and Tottenham's building. But those new signings have to gel in as they haven't been that great up front with both goals coming through penalties. Arsenal have Giroud as their striker and I heavily doubt he would play if they have had another striker as Giroud is no way a top Premier League striker.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September 3pts Tottenham to beat Arsenal 13/5 Paddy Power Historically Arsenal have dominated North London as far as the Premier League table goes but I think that could change this season. Spurs look a very strong outfit now and their squad has depth for the first real time. Although some of their most recent signings may not play here the likes of Soldado, Paulinho and Chadli should be able to express themselves and so I like the look of Spurs in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-tottenham-betting-the-tide-could-be-about-to-turn-in-north-london

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Of does players wo will participate tomorrow (are counting out Lamela and Eriksen now) is just me or does Spurs lack som offensive creability and threat also? I mean Spurs have one of the best selections of dms and cms (Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and Capuoe) but without Bale on the pitch and with a Soldado that havnt impressed on me atleast i feel some are rising Spurs up to much. And with Arsenals problems this match stinks unders. Will possibly go for small stake on Ramsey to score. Sry for bad English (not my native language) :)

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Arsenal v Tottenham Tottenham come into this match 3 points ahead of Arsenal thanks to two narrow 1-0 wins, both Soldado penalties. Arsenal have won 5-2 in the last two North London derbies at The Emirates, with Tottenham’s 3-2 win in 2010 being their first away win at Arsenal in the Premier League since 1993 however Tottenham have failed to concede a goal this season and look a much more solid team with Capoue, Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho vying for places in midfield. Arsenal will be without Lukas Podolski after the German limped off with a torn hamstring in their 3-0 win over Fenerbahce in midweek. Gareth Bale won’t play for Tottenham again and is expected to complete his move to Real Madrid in the next couple of days. This fixture has produced more goals than any other fixture in Premier League history and in previous seasons this match would have been a clear over 2.5 goals bet, which would have won in the last 9 meetings, but with Tottenham's new personnel changing their style from being a very fast counter attacking team to a more compact high pressing team and Podolski's injury the 1.7 (Bet365) for over 2.5 goals is looking to be the fair odds. 10 of Olivier Giroud’s 11 goals came at The Emirates last season and he has never scored outside of London in the Premier League and he can be had at 2.88 (Stan James) to score anytime which does appeal as Arsenal will have to try to play a more long ball approach to their big frontman to combat the physicality of Tottenham's midfield. Tottenham will need Paulinho’s energy in midfield alongside Capoue and Mousa Dembele to limit the time that Arsenal’s more creative players such as Santi Cazorla and Jack Wilshere (doubtful) have on the ball. There is an added element to this match in that it is a north London derby and both teams fans will demand 100% commitment and it is very likely that these two teams will be playing for 4th place this season so it is more important not to lose than it is to win this match. Arsenal head into the game with a host of injuries, as midfielders Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Aaron Ramsey (groin) are both doubts, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee), Thomas Vermaelen (back), Mikel Arteta (thigh) and Lukas Podolski (hamstring) all miss out. Tottenham have doubts over the fitness of Aaron Lennon (ankle). Arsenal had a good win over Fenerbahce midweek to follow up their impressive win over Fulham last weekend while Tottenham have made hard work against bottom half teams in their opening two league games. Tottenham will be on the back foot in this match and their midfield will be putting in some strong tackles to combat the speed of Arsenal's midfield and they will get a few yellow cards especially if Arsenal take the lead who go into this match as favourites while Tottenham are still getting to know their new players. Recommended Bet: Tottenham -0.5 Total Cards @ 1.825 (Bet365) Predicted strike rate: 70% for a ROI of 28% Navigate to match market on Bet365 > Click on 'Cards' > Click on 'Asian Handicap Cards'

You can't say Spurs have strengthed when they have no Bale anymore. However, I feel the signings they have made is as good as they could have possibly done in the circumstances. Chadli, Capoue and Soldado along with Paulinho, a few cracking signings in my opinion. They had a tough game away to Palace on the opener and Swansea are never easy so to come away with two wins and two clean sheets, I don't know what else they could have done? On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.
The difference is that they are no longer a one man team. So it should no more be that when Bale shows up so do Spurs. I think the value is with spurs. Player for player i give the edge to tottenham, and the new boys will be keen to impress. Arsenal started off shaky and the pressure is really on them. Draw looks just too obvious after weighing in the home advantage. Draw. 13/5 B365. And one more just to make it a bit more interesting. Jan Vertonghen to score first between 21st-45th Min 60/1 B365. Scores a lot of goals for a defender and i get a feeling that this could be the type of game where the score is broken by a set piece and it could well be that man. Ofc its nothing more than a pure guess at those sort of odds but i think 60/1 is a bit large.

Of does players wo will participate tomorrow (are counting out Lamela and Eriksen now) is just me or does Spurs lack som offensive creability and threat also? I mean Spurs have one of the best selections of dms and cms (Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and Capuoe) but without Bale on the pitch and with a Soldado that havnt impressed on me atleast i feel some are rising Spurs up to much. And with Arsenals problems this match stinks unders. Will possibly go for small stake on Ramsey to score. Sry for bad English (not my native language) :)
Your language is fine :ok good luck with your bets!

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Must admit at the start of the week I saw Spurs as having the edge here and I still think they will finish above Gunners. But now I'm swaying the other way. For Arsenal this is the perfect time to host them. Spurs have a new team who don't have experience in this derby. It's obvious the combinations in attack are a work in progress from their previous matches and won't be the finished article by ko. So this is a one off 90 min where Arsenal have a good enough 11 who have all played in this derby and are completely polished and in sync with each other and at home. See them starting fast and furious and taking it to Spurs. How Spurs react, I'm not sure. It's a new team and people are talking goals. But how do we know AVB won't have the same mindset away to a direct rival that Mourinho showed against Man U? He certainly has the defensive cavalry to play that way, whereas we all know Arsenal will only play one way.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Total neutral here just looking in from an outsiders point of view. Most games are won and lost in centre midfield and no matter who Arsenal put out (especially without Arteta) they are long way behind the power and quality Spurs have in that department. Having at least one tough tacking defensive mid is important and Spurs have three to choose from in Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro, Arsenla have no-one to break down attacks before they hit the back 4. Added to this i feel Spurs have the better keeper, mostly similar standard of defence with Vertonghen being the obvious standout. If this game is a typical derby with few chances falling to the strikers and i have to pick one to put the ball away i'll side with Soldado over Giroud everyday of the week! Points to me laying Arsenal for 2.2 @ Betfair as a tight draw would make a nice start to the season for Spurs after two away derbies.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September the max arsenal can get from this match is a draw in my opinion. Cant see them running away with this match...even if they go behind spurs have the fire power to come back. The bench for spurs is stronger as well and so much at stake both teams will avoid taking risk. The new players at spurs need to gel in but 1.77 @ double chance spurs is value IMO. Pick : 5 pts @ 1,77 marathonbet GL all.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Phhhh, Arsenal have better balanced squad, thats for sure. I gotta go with Arsenal win today, but its tough call. I skip this match betting wise, cause it would be fun to watch, but Arsenal is favorites here. They ve scored 4 in PL so far, Spurs 2. But in the other hand Spurs has conceded 0, Arsenal 4. Fun match to watch and Id lean on Arsenal if I have to put some kind of bet.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Arsenal currently have a better team chemistry and spurs will have individual talent in soldado. I think Arsenal will be very focused today, the team need to get Wenger out of jail and I think they will put on a great performance for him today. That being said there is talent in this Spurs side. No bet but will enjoy the game.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Arsenal are not favourites this game. It is difficult to predict as AVB will line up a squad and will have something on his mind not to loose this game. AVB will play defensively in order not to lose this game and will be looking for counter attacks. Arsenal had made three wins against Fenerbahce and Fulham, both teams very strong physically and very slow. At home against Aston Villa Arsenal struggle to stop fast counter attacks and they had made some crucial mistakes. Because of this I don`t see Arsenal as favourites and I prefer to beth AH on Tottenham not to lose this game.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September So Arsenal DID get the win....we faded badly second half as a result of playing in Europe in midweek and being unable to rotate. Far too much was made of Spurs' signings......it sounds great all these new players but who will really propel them up a level. Reality is they will still be struggling for Top 4 as we will and Liverpool might be. Midfield devoid of creativity....Soldado is a pure box player but if service is lacking, he has no magic. Chadli looked rubbish and was more impressed with Townsend who gave Gibbs a hard time first half. Now buy some bloody players Wenger FFS.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September The worrying thing for Spurs is they haven't scored from open play in 3 league games - can't rely on dodgy pens all the time to get a win :D We've seen in the past that the Europa League really screws with a team however big their squad is - I can see Spurs fading badly come March/April when the fixtures pile up - especially if they are still in the FA Cup Seen all 5 Arsenal games live now and considering the injuries they have they've done well - Flamini will strengthen the midfield but they are desperate for another centre half and a proven goalscorer