Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Right 3/1 for Spurs, what the hell is with the prices in the premier league this weekend? This season is spurs's best chance of beating Arsenal at the emirates without players sent off for Spurs. Really really fancy Spurs to win this one comfortably by 2 goals to 1. Fans will really turn on wenger after this one. Arsenal could sign messi this week and I'd still say spurs will win this one. They are far better than Arsenal at this present time. Soldado would walk into Arsenal's team as would most of spurs summer signings. Says it all really. Spurs to win this one for me.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Uggh, Giroud will score as many as him this season. Both have 2 in 2 league games, and Soldado's 2 were pens. 'Simple as that'......................:lol Spurs best chance to get us was last season when Bale constantly pulled them out of the fire yet we still finished above. We had a shocker at Villa but it can happen and the ref was abysmal that day too....we recovered by thumping Fener and Fulham. And we will 100% beat Spurs on Sunday aswell.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September

Giroud scored against two **** teams. Spurs 3-1.
Adam, keep posting drivel and I will delete all your posts. Put reasoning with your opinions. I am deleting the rest of your daft posts.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Taking into account that it is very likely that Gareth Bale will move to Real Madrid, the price on the Gunners is really good in my opinion. Plus Arsenal has a good home record against the Spurs. But the goals are a better option in my opinion since out of the last 9 games between these two sides: - 9 produced 2 or more goals; - 5 produced 4 or more goals; - 3 produced 5 or more goals; and - 2 produced 7 goals Most importantly last two games at the Emirates ended 5-2 for Arsenal. Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.65-1.75 is a good pick for an accumulator and Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.70-3.00 is good as a single bet, or can be also added to an accumulator if you like risky bets like myself :)

Taking into account that it is very likely that Gareth Bale will move to Real Madrid, the price on the Gunners is really good in my opinion. Plus Arsenal has a good home record against the Spurs. But the goals are a better option in my opinion since out of the last 9 games between these two sides: - 9 produced 2 or more goals; - 5 produced 4 or more goals; - 3 produced 5 or more goals; and - 2 produced 7 goals Most importantly last two games at the Emirates ended 5-2 for Arsenal. Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.65-1.75 is a good pick for an accumulator and Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.70-3.00 is good as a single bet, or can be also added to an accumulator if you like risky bets like myself :)
I'd be carefully with overs here. Tottenham haven't shown much in the offense and there are improvements needed as Bale is gone and Chadli doesn't look to be an ideal replacment. Lamela will come but I would also wait for maybe another improvement and also whether Lennon will be back. Defence looks good. Arsenal will face a tougher team than Fulham who were poor on Saturday.

Giroud scored against two **** teams. Spurs 3-1.
Lol and tottenham struggled to score two in as many games against **** opposition and only thanks to Soldado that spurs got out of jail in games they erally should have won anyway. 2 Wins really flatters them at this stage.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Fulham were the too scared to take their chances against Arsenal in disgusting weather conditions. Missed 2 golden opportunities then Arsenal scored and from then on they were rabbits in the head lights. Poor personnel decisions too leaving Bent and the Eastern European midfielder on the bench to start the game and starting with 4 slow players of: Berbatov, Parker, Sidwell, & Duff so there was no threat for Arsenal so they were free to lauch wave after wave at Fulham. Won't be the case against a squad full of dangerous players like Spurs. Will be interesting to see how Arsenal's light weight and technically gifted midfielders match up against Spurs powerful middle 3 chosen form Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson & Paulinho. Ultimately I think this area of the field decides the result. When Spurs are in possession who is tasked with breaking up their play and harassing the player in possession...:unsure Will be mulling over this one over the next few days.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September I have to agree with IAMGooner, it is only Arsenal that can come on top in this game Despite all the signings Spurs will struggle without Bale I think, as last season it was his maestry that kept them in 4th place race for so long. This season they are have not impressed with their only league goals coming from the penalties. Arsenal are class above them and with Giroud and Cazorla in fine form, I can see it as a home win. Arsenal @2.05 9 pts Arsenal >2.5 goals @3.75 3 pts 5-2 @81 0.5 pts all with bet365

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Tottenham Draw No Bet @2.50 William Hill The simple fact is Spurs have a far stronger squad than Arsenal this season. Bale has been replaced with quality all over the park, and Spurs seem to be very big and tough to break down now with Paulinho and Capoue bossing the midfield. Spurs were all over Arsenal last season until Adebayor's sending off, but this season I sense that Spurs have much more of a backbone.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September A lot of negativity towards Arsenal here. It's worth pointing out that Arsenal's problems are with the size of their squad, not the quality of their first XI, which is certainly good enough to compete with Spurs first XI. I was under the impression that Spurs hadn't been that impressive in their first two games.

Poldolski stretchered off against Ferna. IMO Poldolski > Giroud
Are you kidding me? Podolski is that kind of player that practically only score against weeker teams like for example Fulham. Even Walcott is better as playing striker them Poldi is.

Why? :D
I simply think Spurs have the stronger squad and the momentum at the moment,i think this game will probably finish a draw but if any one wins i think it will be spurs.I will give this game a miss with regards to betting apart from maybe a first/last goalscorer bet.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September I’m interested to hear why people are focussing on the strength of the relative squads? if we were talking about a match bet over the whole season, I could understand it but this is a one off game where Arsenal are in a position to field a strong first XI. I’d expect us to line up something like: Szczesny Sagna Koscielny Mertesacker Gibbs Ramsey Wilshere Rosicky Cazorla Walcott Giroud That is essentially the side that finished 4th last season and i’m yet to see evidence that Spurs have improved much since last year. Like Almac says, probably a game best left alone.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September Arsenal have been quite lucky in finishing above Spurs for the past couple of seasons but I really believe that Spurs have strengthened all over the pitch this season. It's just a shame the Lamela transfer probably won't happen in time for him to play a part on Sunday.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September You can't say Spurs have strengthed when they have no Bale anymore. However, I feel the signings they have made is as good as they could have possibly done in the circumstances. Chadli, Capoue and Soldado along with Paulinho, a few cracking signings in my opinion. They had a tough game away to Palace on the opener and Swansea are never easy so to come away with two wins and two clean sheets, I don't know what else they could have done? On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.

You can't say Spurs have strengthed when they have no Bale anymore. However, I feel the signings they have made is as good as they could have possibly done in the circumstances. Chadli, Capoue and Soldado along with Paulinho, a few cracking signings in my opinion. They had a tough game away to Palace on the opener and Swansea are never easy so to come away with two wins and two clean sheets, I don't know what else they could have done? On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.
Lamela is actually a Spurs players now from what I've read. Furthermore Eriksen is close to signing for them as Ajax confirmed they have accepted an offer from Tottenham. But I think he won't be playing in this match as a deal is not done in his case.

On the flipside if you forget the Villa game, Arsenal have been excellent since. Ramsey has really surprised me, he seems to have improved rapidly. They have 1 huge weakness though, and that is Mertesacker. Spurs have a better defence, Arsenal have better attacking players is my tuppence. I would side with a score draw myself, simply because Arsenal had to play fenerbahce twice.
It wouldn't surprise me if Fenerbache threw the tie tbh. They never had any shots in the first leg. Seems they were going to get kicked out anyway, as they have just been turfed out of the Europa League. This could be the first North London derby where the unders are a strong possibility. Normally goals are a given but Spurs have signed a lot of players. They'll take a bit of time to gel. Arsenal are probably better in midfield as they look very strong going in the middle of the park. I don't personally understand all the hype over the Arsenal squad - a couple of wins and suddenly they're world class. If we look across the squad, Arsenal are weak defensively and lack options at full back. They also lack an out and out forward as you can't tell me Giroud would be first choice if they had any other players in that position :lol I always thought as well that a great side is measured by the strength of their bench (not just the first IX), and their bench is very weak including all the injuries IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fenerbache threw the tie tbh. They never had any shots in the first leg. Seems they were going to get kicked out anyway, as they have just been turfed out of the Europa League. This could be the first North London derby where the unders are a strong possibility. Normally goals are a given but Spurs have signed a lot of players. They'll take a bit of time to gel. Arsenal are probably better in midfield as they look very strong going in the middle of the park. I don't personally understand all the hype over the Arsenal squad - a couple of wins and suddenly they're world class. If we look across the squad, Arsenal are weak defensively and lack options at full back. They also lack an out and out forward as you can't tell me Giroud would be first choice if they had any other players in that position :lol I always thought as well that a great side is measured by the strength of their bench (not just the first IX), and their bench is very weak including all the injuries IMO.
You're completely right Jase. People start to hype Arsenal now after advancing to the group stages but forget that Fenerbahce were very terrible.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September In my eyes, this is the most interesting game of the weekend, and just judging from the discussion above, it appears both sides are pretty confident in their teams chances of winning. The long and the short of it is, a fixture like this quite easily can decide who makes CL play next year and who is left out in the cold, and we all know CL = money for the club which = bigger players = more of a chance to stay competitive for a longer spell. I believe that if Spurs had made Champions League play last year, Bale would still be in the fold there (for at least just 2013/14, may have left after the year) and the extra money could have allowed them to bring in a Paulinho and a Soldado still. But, Spurs didn't, Bale hasn't played, and a ton of acquisitions have been made/are being made which has thrown this team into a bit of flux to begin the year. While they have created a number of chances/half chances, they have failed miserably in the league in scoring, with just 2 in 2 games, both from the spot. Quite simply, that is not good enough, even moreso when you take a look at the teams you went against so far. These are teams you should be thumping, 2, 3 to nil. Arsenal is the team everyone loves to pick on, other than gunner fans. Wenger doesn't make any moves in the off-season on a team that finished a middling 4th. They sell their best talent, Fabregas, RvP to bigger clubs and are reluctant to bring in any difference makers, rather plucking off second tier guys like Podolski and Giroud. They haven't won anything of significance in a long time, while still playing under the luster of a big team ranking with big money. But, they still have a solid club and a number of good, young players in the fold. When I'm putting my money out there, I'm looking for value, plain and simple. I can't win every bet I place, so instead I am looking for what should offer me a good return with a good chance of coming in. I am not as confident of a comfortable Arsenal home win as some others, and at just +108, I think that is much, much too short to be played. Even moreso now with the knocks they took in midweek game vs Fener. I do feel that Spurs at +270 is worth a small shot, but the lack of goals from open play, the lack of Bale's threat (both on the break and from set pieces), I just wouldn't back them other than small. But, I do believe that the over is drifting to a price where I would become interested. I know that I've mentioned Spurs have lacked for goals, but they have had opportunity. I don't think that Arsenal will pack it in as much Crystal Palace at home did, nor Swansea on the road. both sides would have been pleased with a point, Swansea barely broke out anyone over half way line. This game should be open, and hell, just look at past results, 3, 7, 7, 3, 6, 5 have been the number of goals scored in their latest league matches. In my eyes, both teams will score at least one, and if they score them in the first half, this one will get to over 3 goals comfortably. I will wait for lineups on this one, but o2.75 at -107 seems very, very tempting to me.

Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 1st September People slating Arsenal but apart from the Villa game they have played well (I've seen all 4 games live this season) - the addition of Flamini today will only strengthen them (Podolski out for a while but he never plays every game) - Spurs on the other hand have been less impressive - big win in the Europa League but PL has seen them scrape by with two 1-0 wins (both pens) - they may have lost Bale but have strengthened with 6 or 7 good players and maybe 2 or 3 more to come (whatever happened to Financial Fair Play? :D ) and they'll need time to bed in Spurs also have a Europa League game tonight and, while they will rest a few being 5-0 up, they have two days less recovery/preparation than Arsenal Expect a narrow Arsenal win - probably 1-0 - Ramsey in the form of his life will be good value for first goal but I'll go for Walcott as I think the left side of Tottenham's defence looks a bit weak Great day's football with the United game on before this :cow