July 22 - July 28

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: July 22 - July 28 2pts I.Dodig to win ATP Atlanta 12.00 Bet365 2pts I.Karlovic to win ATP Atlanta 13.00 Bet365 Both of these 2 are in hot form right now. Karlovic has just won the ATP Bogota event where he didn't get broke once. His serve stood up against everyone and even when he didn't play well he had that serve to fall back on. If he beats Anderson in round 1 (which he done at Bogota) then he has every chance of making the final atleast. Dodig has had abit of time off but has been in some excellent form getting to the last 16 of Wimbledon and pushing Ferrer close and now on his favourite surface he can do some damage.

Re: July 22 - July 28 2pts A.Kuznetsov to beat S.Stakhovsky 2-0 2.75 Bet365 Both of these 2 have not really had the best form on clay this year but Stakhovsky has gone out in the 1st round twice now since returning to the clay from beating Federer at Wimbledon. He hasn't played top players either really going out of Hamburg to Stebe[178th] & out of Bastad to Struff[109th] Kuznetsov is rising in the rankings and will want to gain more pts as he did not enter this last year. Stakhovsky went out in R1 so will not have the pts to protect. Last match on clay, stak only managed 57% 1st serve pts won whilst Kuznetsov managed 68% and serve is Staks main weapon. 2pts P Henri-Mathieu to beat M.Youzhny 3.00 Bet365 Head to head between these 2 sees Mathieu winning the last 2, and 1 of those being on clay albeit a good few years ago. Mathieu has recently come back from an injury to his neck and hasn't had the best of years. He got injured a earlier in the year and he done OK in Nice, beating Ryan Harrison & Berlocq before going out to Montanes in Quarter-finals. Since then though he again retired at Wimbledon and has gone out in R1 twice since to Monfils & Montanes. On the plus side though he got to the Semi-finals of this event last year and beat the likes of home favourite Wawrinka and will want to protect precious pts which he is losing through his injuries. Youhzny has been impressive on the grass recently getting to the final of Halle & then last 16 of Wimbledon losing to eventual winner, Murray but he can lapse on the clay at times. He went out of Bucharest & Munich in the first round in April and out of Hamburg most recently in round 1 to Garcia-Lopez so history could repeat itself here. He also went out of this event in the first round last year so doesn't have the points to protect. 2.5pts F.Lopez Vs J.Hernych [Over 21.5 games] 1.90 Bet365 1pts J.Hernych to beat F.Lopez 4.00 Bet365 Abit of a long-shot but Lopez doesn't look good on clay. Both of these have done really well on the grass, but look dodgy on the clay and I think we will see overs here. The question comes down to who will turn up on the day. Hernych has recently got to a final of a clay event but it was against weak opposition. Last year though here, he got to the quarter-final winning 3 qualifying rounds and then beating Viola & Giraldo. Lopez, last year here also got to the quarter finals but struggled to beat both Ungar and Hajek in 3 sets and covered the overs.

Re: July 22 - July 28 Back Denis Istomin to win ATP Atlanta for a 1/10 stake at 34.00 with Paddy Power Back Ivan Dodig to win ATP Atlanta for a 1/10 stake at 13.02 with Pinnacle Agree with Fader's thoughts on Dodig, he really could be the guy to upset the likes of Isner and Hewitt this week. My longer shot, however, will be Denis Istomin. I can still remember the guy being very strong in these minor American events some time ago and he still has enough class in his locker, so perhaps he will be able to step up to the plate once again this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-atlanta-betting-denis-istomin-could-be-the-value-play-this-week-over-in-atlanta Back Varvara Lepchenko to win WTA Stanford for a 1/10 stake at 34.14 with Pinnacle Back Urszula Radwanska to win WTA Stanford for a 1/10 stake at 28.11 with Pinnacle Could be a fairly interesting week in Stanford and I wouldn't be surprised that much by seeing the main favourites fall early on. Varvara Lepchenko and Urszula Radwanska look like the two most underrated players of the bunch to me, although I wouldn't put anyone who would want to back someone from the "young and talented Americans" bunch (McHale, Hampton, Keys) off such a bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-stanford-betting-some-of-the-underdogs-could-go-really-far-in-stanford-this-week

Re: July 22 - July 28

Hi CzechPunter/Fader. What's your opinions on the Tursunov v De Bakker match' date=' my brother has alot of money riding on the slight underdog Tursunov and he seems confident with he's pick, is it worth a bet?[/quote'] If there is any value in that match at all, it lies with Tursunov in my opinion, as I simply couldn't bring myself to back De Bakker at these odds for some reason. Simply put, if I would have to side with either of the two, it would be Tursunov. Since I don't have to do that, I am going to stay away.

Re: July 22 - July 28 It's a no bet for me. It's really hard to predict that one. Tursunov has been good recently and it's hard to judge him last tournament as del bonis was on a crazy good run as a wildcard. De Bakker was great at Bastad and beat Berdych in straight sets and beat Troicki too. It really is a 50/50. If you put a gun to my head Id say De Bakker.

Re: July 22 - July 28 Tursonov to beat De Bakker 2.10 Pinnacle (9/10 points) Win over Berdych meant nothing, Berdych was contributing to his own downfall, encouraged it, bakker had nothing to lose and was going for his shots. Crowd were all over bakker and he played some inspired tennis. He can't do that again here to beat tursy who is an all court player. The clay gives him time to prepare for his forehand. Easy does it.

Re: July 22 - July 28 2pts M.Matosevic to beat R.Harrison 2.75 Bet365 Lots of value here. Harrison massively overrated. Went out early last season here and I think Matosevic will fancy his chances. Has had some good results on this surface.

Re: July 22 - July 28 Back G.Monfils/M.Pavic - Over 18.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 2.03 with Pinnacle We all know that Monfils tends to treat this kind of matches with a bit of carelessness, so I can see the Croat getting a few games and pushing him close today. Pavic also had a dream match here last year, so I can see him being extremely motivated - and that could easily be enough against Monfils, who will surely want to provide the spectators with some top-notch entertainment in such a match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavic-vs-monfils-betting-gael-monfils-could-drop-a-few-games-in-his-first-match-of-the-week Back Marco Chiudinelli (+4) to beat Daniel Brands for a 2/10 stake at 1.82 with Pinnacle Chiudinelli has always been a dangerous guy in Switzerland and I can definitely see him covering this handicap line against Daniel Brands today. The German has been playing relatively well in recent times, but he is still way too shaky for me to trust him to cover such decent lines with any sort of regularity. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chiudinelli-vs-brands-betting-marco-chiudinelli-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-daniel-brands-in-gstaad- Back Santiago Giraldo to beat Jack Sock for a 2/10 stake at 2.38 with Pinnacle Jack Sock might be a talented guy, but to have him as such a decent fav against someone as good as Giraldo seems a bit wrong to me. I would probably rate Giraldo as the better player of the two in every single department of the game apart from the serve, so there you go, I feel that these odds represent solid value in this match-up. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/giraldo-vs-sock-betting-santiago-giraldo-looks-value-against-the-unproven-american-today

Re: July 22 - July 28 2pts H.Laaksonen to beat Bautista-Agut 3.75 Bet365 Laaksonen the home player here and I think he could provide a shock. Agut with just a 9/7 win/loss on the clay this year and Laaksonen albeit playing weaker opponents holds a 25/13 record on the clay. Both of these favourite shot is the forehand and I can see alot of battles from the baseline. Laaksonen had a very good Bastad getting to the last 16 and losing to Monaco. He then lost to Maurer in poland in the QFs but here he will have the crowd with him and I just think it's abit of value here on the whole.

Re: July 22 - July 28 Delbonis - Bellucci I don't get the bookies on this one. Delbonis is in amazing form, playing very nice tennis on clay and definitely pumping his ATP ranking with previous tournament where he managed to get to finals. He had that match within his grasp, but Fognini managed to rage back into the match and storm to the victory. On his way to the finals, he managed to beat Federer in straight sets which is great achievement, you have to agree. During this season, Delbonis managed to pile up 35 victories on clay with 14 losses, very nice score. Bellucci is in dreadful form. 11 clay matches of which he has lost 7 this season. They've met once before on clay and Delbonis managed to win rather easy in straight sets. It simply screams out to me, this one. Delbonis @ 2.3, Marathon

Re: July 22 - July 28 ^He had 4 match points and 2 on his own serve, he was that close to lifting a 500 level atp world tour title and he's never even won a 250 level one. He went through an amazing set of player's, an absolute emotional rollercoaster that must have been for him. The bookies are basically suggesting he is going to tank, well they're not, the punters are who have swung the price. I think he'll tank too, just like Tursonov did.

Re: July 22 - July 28 ^^ Of those 4 losses one was W/O. ANother one was loss to Kohlschreiber, which is nothing to be ashamed of. The remaining two losses were to Hanescu and Granolers, both are quality claycourters. delbonis already had a Hambug-like run - in Stutgart 2011 he went to final fro qualies and he lost the final in three vs Juan Carlos Ferrero. He lost the very next week in Orbetello challenger 1st round vs Paolo Lorenzi. Basically Bellucci should win, the more so because he won the whole thing last year. But his form today is not exactly bright - that's true :-) edit: The 2011 Stuttgart - not to FINAL, but SEMIFINAL, sorry.

Re: July 22 - July 28 looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooool Missed 5 match points to win his first atp main tour title, 2 on his serve... on his way to the final he beats Roger Federer, arguably the greatest of all time and he's not emotionally drained? If anyone has a technique for working out when player's tank, do let me in on it.

Re: July 22 - July 28 3pts V.Hanescu (-3.5 games) to beat D.Brown 1.90 Bet365 Hanescu has had a good year on the clay. Previous to last tournament at Hamburg where he lost to Kavcic he had only lost to Montanes outside the top 35. He likes the clay and Brown, despite doing well here last year doesn't favour the clay. These two have never met but I fancy Hanescu to be the victor here. Brown's done very little on the clay this year.

3pts V.Hanescu (-3.5 games) to beat D.Brown 1.90 Bet365 Hanescu has had a good year on the clay. Previous to last tournament at Hamburg where he lost to Kavcic he had only lost to Montanes outside the top 35. He likes the clay and Brown, despite doing well here last year doesn't favour the clay. These two have never met but I fancy Hanescu to be the victor here. Brown's done very little on the clay this year.
Winner! Nice tip

Re: July 22 - July 28 4pts M.Zverev to beat R.Berankis 2.25 Bet365 These two met in 2011 and Zverev won after being a set down. Berankis has not been on the hard courts since Miami where he went out in round 1 to Melzer. He also went out early at Indian Wells to Pospisil in round 2. Zverev is much more familiar on the hard having played 9 out of his last 10 on the surface only losing 2 of those and 1 being a retirement. These courts are very bouncy and Berankis is only 5ft 9. I think if Zverev serves well he wins here.

4pts M.Zverev to beat R.Berankis 2.25 Bet365 These two met in 2011 and Zverev won after being a set down. Berankis has not been on the hard courts since Miami where he went out in round 1 to Melzer. He also went out early at Indian Wells to Pospisil in round 2. Zverev is much more familiar on the hard having played 9 out of his last 10 on the surface only losing 2 of those and 1 being a retirement. These courts are very bouncy and Berankis is only 5ft 9. I think if Zverev serves well he wins here.
I fully agree with this, I've put a bit down on both the outright and straight sets win for Zverev. Not so sure why Berankis is opening as favourite here.

I fully agree with this' date=' I've put a bit down on both the outright and straight sets win for Zverev. Not so sure why Berankis is opening as favourite here.[/quote'] Yeah was going to tip 2pts on 2-0 also but way my lucks been going lol ... I've seen a few now where the favourite loses because he has been served out. Hopefully will happen again.

4pts M.Zverev to beat R.Berankis 2.25 Bet365 These two met in 2011 and Zverev won after being a set down. Berankis has not been on the hard courts since Miami where he went out in round 1 to Melzer. He also went out early at Indian Wells to Pospisil in round 2. Zverev is much more familiar on the hard having played 9 out of his last 10 on the surface only losing 2 of those and 1 being a retirement. These courts are very bouncy and Berankis is only 5ft 9. I think if Zverev serves well he wins here.
:loon :ok

Re: July 22 - July 28 Rule you are a disgusting person. Who you laughing at? Do you see me laughing at your kudla 2-0 and he lost 2-0? or your monfils to beat Monaco? Maurer to lose? and then in final where he won again? de bakker vs tursunov? vesely? lol please.. go away you little boy.

Rule you are a disgusting person. Who you laughing at? Do you see me laughing at your kudla 2-0 and he lost 2-0? or your monfils to beat Monaco? Maurer to lose? and then in final where he won again? de bakker vs tursunov? vesely? lol please.. go away you little boy.
I was congratulating you, I thought Zverev had won, check the timing of the specific post. No need to get aggressive.