** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

July 8 - July 14

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: July 8 - July 14 Great calls yesterday, Fader!! Keep up the good work :) For today I agree with the 2 picks, I also like the look of Under 19.5 games in Kohlschreiber's game @ 1.90 The German has had some great games recently on the clay and the class difference only should be enough to cover this line I think. Langer suffered against Kern in the first round only beating him 2-1 and from his career stats it looks like he is not that fond of the red courts.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Back Klara Zakopalova to beat Karin Knapp for a 2/10 stake at 1.76 with Pinnacle Zakopalova should be too strong for Karin Knapp here. She is the much better player of the two and she has already won one match against an Italian in Palermo this week, so she will know what to expect in terms of atmosphere and stuff like that. Decent price as well in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zakopalova-vs-knapp-betting-klara-zakopalova-should-have-too-much-class-for-karin-knapp-to-deal-with-20130710 Back Leonardo Mayer to beat Fabio Fognini for a 2/10 stake at 3.14 with Pinnacle Fognini is obviously the better player of the two, but Mayer could do some damage with his straightforward playing style that won't give Fognini any time to toy around. And you can also never be sure about what kind of Fognini is going to turn up for such a relatively unimportant match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-fognini-betting-leonardo-mayer-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-the-italian-in-stuttgart-20130710 Back Lourdes Dominguez-Lino to beat Nastassya Burnett for a 2/10 stake at 1.77 with Pinnacle Similar reasoning to the bet on Zakopalova - backing the much better player against an Italian on home soil. Nastassya Burnett might become a good player in the future, but there is nothing that would suggest that she already has the quality that is required to compete with someone as good and as experienced as Dominguez-Lino. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dominguez-lino-vs-burnett-betting-lourdes-dominguez-lino-can-deal-with-nastassya-burnett-in-palermo-20130710

Re: July 8 - July 14 Mahut should asfar as Sijsling and then that's both of their big tests. That's a tough call game but Mahut is flying winning 9 of his last 10 on grass. Winner of that should make final Vs either Isner or Hewitt. Isner should beat Karlovic and Id say Isner would probably beat Hewitt too as he didn't look that up for it in round 1 and beat him in str8 sets last year on the grass. So yeah, my opinion is a Mahut/Sijsling Vs Isner final. Just thoughts though mate.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Wouldn't say Isner is a sure final. He usually has a lot of difficulties against players that are much more gifted technically and hold well his strong serve and hide his forehand. I will definitely lay him against Hewitt, should they meet. Hewitt looked very impressive against Amritraj (62 61) and is one of the best returners in the ATP circuit. Also, can see Karlovic wanting it more than Isner, as Karlovic need to get the most points possible to get up in the rankings ahead of the US Open. For me, this will go Hewitt/Mahut/Sijsling winner. I have the outright bet on Sijsling. Looks like he has recovered from his flu. Was good value pre-tournament. But I wouldn't be surprised of Hewitt snatching it.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Too many variables mate. Ride it out on what you already have down. He needs to beat a very good grass player in Sijsling and then beat Isner/Hewitt/Karlovic in the final who have very good serves.

Re: July 8 - July 14

wow Robredo was shocking! on the plus side though Monfils looks impressive! 1 win, 1 loss and the outright loss on robredo takes thread for me to +14.35
It's really weird how he's playing such good stuff here like he did in Halle but felt the need to withdraw from Wimbledon.He's got a great record against Kohlshy,So I'd say the only risk is he might take his foot off the gas.But really he should be beating him.I'd like to see a Paire Monfils semi-final.

Re: July 8 - July 14 I think we will. Paire I like tomorrow and he will be a tip of mine along with a possible 2-0 against Davydenko but we will see tomorrow when I do abit more in-depth look at the fixtures :)

Re: July 8 - July 14 Sorry. When I say ML I mean "to win the match". Not outright to win the tournament. Thanks again guys! I do my research and make my picks, then come to a couple site including this to confirm or persuade me away. Really appreciate the info

Re: July 8 - July 14 ATP Bastad : 1.5pts [Over 2.5 sets] Garcia Lopez Vs Almagro 3.00 Bet365 At first I wanted to go for Garcia-Lopez as 3/1 seems great value. He has played Almagro 4 times and won 3 of those. But Almagro got to the final of this event last year and although this year he hasn't really bothered with the smaller clay events he will want to keep the points to get far here. If he wanted to he could win this event, but it's whether or not he can be bothered frankly. One bet I do like is over 2 sets as I think either could win 2-1 but Id side with Almagro if it goes that far. 2pts V.Troicki [-4.5 games] Vs T.De Bakker 1.90 Bet365 Head to head is 2-0 to Troicki and although he can sometimes lose abit of concentration I think that this is another round where he should stroll through. He should win this 2-0 and 1 break in either set would cover this. His movement looked very sharp and he looked like he could actually be bothered in this tournament unlike some other "top" players I've seen this week. 6-4 / 6-3 at worst. ATP Stuttgart : 3pts B.Paire to beat N.Davydenko 1.80 Bet365 1pt B.Paire to win 2-0 3.00 Bet365 I'm glad the odds have drifted on Paire. On the clay paire has beat Monaco and Del Potro this year and looks very consistent now he has broken through and got in the world top 30. Davydenko didn't look too hot against De La Nava, a player he should of beaten easily and scraped through in 3 sets. I think some definite value on the 2-0 also. 3pts [over 22.5 games] T.Haas vs E.Gulbis 1.83 Bet365 1pt T.Haas to beat E.Gulbis 2-1 3.75 Bet365 I think this one should be close. They have played eachother plenty recently. The head to head is 2-2. This year alone it is 1-1. Gulbis beat Haas in 3 sets on the grass whilst Haas beat Gulbis in 3 sets on the clay. One thing in common is there is always alot of games between these 2. All 4 of the matches infact have. I think Haas will slug it out though so I'll also stick a point on the Haas 2-1 win.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Just for everyone's info - I got somehow burned today on Pinnacle. They miscalculated the serve position in the second set in Berdych-Alund match and offered generous odds 2.2 on Berdych to win game 2 of set 2 LIVE (Berdych was serving in game 2). Well, I jumped on it but relly tiny because it did stink. Some seconds later they realized it and changed the odds to 5.5 Alund to win game 2 of set 2. Of course I hedged, I still had VALID ticket on first bet :-) Now these ***** CANCELLED the first bet and cashed the second one that they left running (of course Berdy bagelised Alund in set two). The objections were of no use. So be warned to play hedges on Pinnacle. Actually, this make this book unusable for me, I think I should include them in my SIG. :-(

Re: July 8 - July 14 Pinnacle story continued :-) After the case explained above, I mailed the following to pinnaclesports: ----------------------------------------- Hello sir, I am tempted to place the pre-match wager on Garcia-Lopez in Garcia-Lopez tennis match vs Almagro in Bastad today. The odds on Garcia-Lopez are 4,38. Because you are well-known for crippling the odds every now and then and later cancel the legitimate wagers, I am asking for the confirmation of these odds. So – can I take for granted that odds on Garcia-Lopez in GarciaLopez tennis match vs Almagro today are indeed 4,38? Regards ----------------------------------------------- what shame - they did not respond. Actually It would have been pretty good play because Mugro lost first set and his hedge price was about 1.8, but what if they later cancelled the prematch wager? I think I am done with them.

ATP Bastad : 1.5pts [Over 2.5 sets] Garcia Lopez Vs Almagro 3.00 Bet365 At first I wanted to go for Garcia-Lopez as 3/1 seems great value. He has played Almagro 4 times and won 3 of those. But Almagro got to the final of this event last year and although this year he hasn't really bothered with the smaller clay events he will want to keep the points to get far here. If he wanted to he could win this event, but it's whether or not he can be bothered frankly. One bet I do like is over 2 sets as I think either could win 2-1 but Id side with Almagro if it goes that far. 2pts V.Troicki [-4.5 games] Vs T.De Bakker 1.90 Bet365 Head to head is 2-0 to Troicki and although he can sometimes lose abit of concentration I think that this is another round where he should stroll through. He should win this 2-0 and 1 break in either set would cover this. His movement looked very sharp and he looked like he could actually be bothered in this tournament unlike some other "top" players I've seen this week. 6-4 / 6-3 at worst. ATP Stuttgart : 3pts B.Paire to beat N.Davydenko 1.80 Bet365 1pt B.Paire to win 2-0 3.00 Bet365 I'm glad the odds have drifted on Paire. On the clay paire has beat Monaco and Del Potro this year and looks very consistent now he has broken through and got in the world top 30. Davydenko didn't look too hot against De La Nava, a player he should of beaten easily and scraped through in 3 sets. I think some definite value on the 2-0 also. 3pts [over 22.5 games] T.Haas vs E.Gulbis 1.83 Bet365 1pt T.Haas to beat E.Gulbis 2-1 3.75 Bet365 I think this one should be close. They have played eachother plenty recently. The head to head is 2-2. This year alone it is 1-1. Gulbis beat Haas in 3 sets on the grass whilst Haas beat Gulbis in 3 sets on the clay. One thing in common is there is always alot of games between these 2. All 4 of the matches infact have. I think Haas will slug it out though so I'll also stick a point on the Haas 2-1 win.
Good first part of the day. Shame Troicki couldn't cover the handicap but all the other picks come through perfectly and thread is now a nicely rounded +25.00pts

Re: July 8 - July 14 2.5pts N.Mahut [-4.5 games] to beat M.Przysiezny 1.90 Bet365 Mahut really playing well right now. Won a grass event already this year and won his last 11/12 on grass. When it comes to these ATP events he has won 10 in a row and playing against big servers he has won 4/4. He would only need to break once in each set for this so my pick is for Mahut here to make the Semi-finals. 1.5pts R.Vinci to beat P.Hercog 2-0 2.37 Bet365 I'm only going to delve into the womans market here. Vinci for me is the better player, she leads a 4-1 head-2-head here and the only win for Hercoq was back in 2010. She beat her in straight sets each time since then. Added to that the fact this tournament is being held in Italy, Vinci's home nation and so I think abit of value here.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Well, I have seen the second set of the Vinci game. What has this to do with professional tennis ??? 8 !!!!!!!! Breaks --- and Vinci was 5-6 down when her opponent suffered a penalty point. Not the better player won, but the more lucky one. But all that counts is the 2-0 win with some nice odds :D Well done, Fader !

Re: July 8 - July 14 Vinci wins 2-0 [despite losing her serve about 4 times in the second set] and Mahut does not cover the handicap so mixed couple makes the thread bank +24.56pts Tomorrow's previews : ATP Bastad : 3pts J.Monaco to beat G.Dimitrov 2-0 2.00 Bet365 It's a shame I have to go against my outright pick but he just looks dreadful right now. The thing about it that's such a shame is Monaco isn't in any good form either so if he came with some desire he'd have a real chance but I've seen Dimitrov in both games now and he has been so lethargic and unmotivated that I think this will be straightforward for Monaco. ATP Newport : 3pts J.Isner [-2.5 games] to beat I.Karlovic 1.83 Bet365 I think this is where Karlovic's tournament ends. He has done well coming back from injury and if he were playing someone out of form Id probably side with him but his big ammunition in matches is matched here. Isner has a big serve of his own and unlike Karlovic, Isner has not been broke once. Isner for me in 2 so -2.5 should be covered. Isner loves this ground and has won it twice.

Vinci wins 2-0 [despite losing her serve about 4 times in the second set] and Mahut does not cover the handicap so mixed couple makes the thread bank +24.56pts Tomorrow's previews : ATP Bastad : 3pts J.Monaco to beat G.Dimitrov 2-0 2.00 Bet365 It's a shame I have to go against my outright pick but he just looks dreadful right now. The thing about it that's such a shame is Monaco isn't in any good form either so if he came with some desire he'd have a real chance but I've seen Dimitrov in both games now and he has been so lethargic and unmotivated that I think this will be straightforward for Monaco. ATP Newport : 3pts J.Isner [-2.5 games] to beat I.Karlovic 1.83 Bet365 I think this is where Karlovic's tournament ends. He has done well coming back from injury and if he were playing someone out of form Id probably side with him but his big ammunition in matches is matched here. Isner has a big serve of his own and unlike Karlovic, Isner has not been broke once. Isner for me in 2 so -2.5 should be covered. Isner loves this ground and has won it twice.
I agree with these tips, I've followed on both but with Pinnacle at 2.23 and 2.02 respectively. Fingers crossed they pay off, Dimitrov did play awfully especially in the first set against both Ymer and Volandri. I'm expecting an Isner-Mahut final at Newport. I've got one more, I usually don't risk it with WTA but: Errani (-7.5 games) to beat Silvia Soler Espinosa @2.4 with Pinnacle This line is quite steep to cover but I like Errani here. She is the defending champion and easy favourite to retain her title at home. Errani is just an incredible wall and will make SSE play for every point. What swayed me was that on clay SSE has lost her last four matches at over 3+ outright odds by enough to cover this line (Wozniacki 1-6 1-6; Carla Suarez Navarro 2-6 1-6; Ivanovic 2-6 1-6; Na Li 3-6 1-6). Based on these facts I think value rests with Errani to pull this off.

Hey Fader. Can I get your thoughts on the Monfils Kohlschreiber match? Looking to balance out my losses on Troicki and Sijsling. 2 bad beats. Im on Monfils to win.
Kohlschreiber will beat Monfils because all the signs point to a Monfils victory and all of us want him to win. :unsure Fader you've probably been asked this many time's but do you only bet with Bet365?Just wondering because I followed your Robredo bet the other day @2 when you had 1.8 and Monaco 2-0 can be got at 2.2.