** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 8 - July 14

Re: July 8 - July 14

N. Mahut (-1.5 Sets) vs M. Russell (+1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.833 with Pinnacle (7 units) - Waiting V. Hanescu (+1.5 Sets) vs P. Kohlschreiber (-1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.943 with Pinnacle (3 units) :ok Berlocq to beat De Bakker @ 1.625 with Pinnacle (4 units) :ok Verdasco to beat Dimitrov @ 1.746 with Pinnacle (4 units) :ok Bautista-Agut (+3.5) to beat Fognini @ 1.98 with Pinnacle (3 units) :\ S. Errani (-5.5) vs K. Zakopalova for Match @ 1.952 with Pinnacle (4 units) :\
+1.3 pts today, +6.9 pts overall. Waiting on Mahut to round this up. The only one for tomorrow is: C. Berlocq (+1.5 Sets) vs F. Verdasco (-1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.943 with Pinnacle (4 units) I'm really fancying Verdasco here. He played some amazing rallies against Dimitov and after his last two impressive wins Berlocq should be a bit easier. He won their only meeting so far in straights and Verdasco will feel he has a point to prove by winning this tournament. Back to his old ways, not sure Berlocq will be able to hit through the intense Verdasco.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: July 8 - July 14 One more from me today for qualifying at Hamburg: Delbonis to beat Munoz-De La Nava @ 1.5 with Paddy Power (2 units) Delbonis is supreme against fellow left-handers, winning 13 of the last 14 battles. The only loss was to Nadal so no shame in that especially as he pushed him close. Munoz-De La Nava has a pretty poor record against left-handers. I like Delbonis' style of play and he's been doing well on clay this year, beating Reister at the French Open and pushing Youzhny to four sets. I think given these facts, Delbonis represents some value. Lower units this time.

Re: July 8 - July 14 RuleBritaniaa, I try to vary it up but I tend to back favourites at handicaps if I think the circumstances are right. I don't like backing favourites at small outright prices as that's generally not the way to make money. You are right, always good to respect the underdog and sometimes I'm guilty of not getting the balance right as we all are sometimes. Hoping to improve going forward :ok

Re: July 8 - July 14 Well done Berlocq.Couldn't see him putting up a challenge before the tournament as I felt he'd surely come up against at least one of Berdych or Robredo before the final.The draw fell nicely around him but credit to him for getting over the line.

N. Mahut (-1.5 Sets) vs M. Russell (+1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.833 with Pinnacle (7 units) :ok C. Berlocq (+1.5 Sets) vs F. Verdasco (-1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.943 with Pinnacle (4 units) :\ Delbonis to beat Munoz-De La Nava @ 1.5 with >Paddy Power (2 units):ok
+2.8 pts today, +9.7 for thread. Nice victory from Mahut there, he continues to be backable on grass at the right price. I tend to like backing Berlocq and it will teach my to go against him with someone as flaky as Verdasco :(

Re: July 8 - July 14 Mahut to beat Hewitt @ 2 with Bet365 (8 units). Hewitt and Isner were awful, both pretty injured. I think Mahut should be heavy favourite for this match, especially with his recent record on grass. Can't believe this price. EDIT: Just to give a bit further background, Isner has a knee issue which flared up in this match. Hewitt looked way below par in general and his first serve % was only 45%. I really think that this will be a fairly easy result, Hewitt will try hard but he struggled to beat an impaired Isner so I believe Mahut has an amazing shot at the Newport title. His doubles matches are played later in the evening after the final so that won't interfere physically.

Mahut to beat Hewitt @ 2 with Bet365 (8 units). :ok
+17.7 pts overall. Apologies to the mental anguish of anyone following, Mahut played so badly. The worst I've seen in a long time. I went pretty big on Mahut so I was feeling very uncomfortable throughout the match. Hewitt lived up to my description, I just wasn't expecting joke SF's and F's. I've learnt a big lesson from this match.