** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 8 - July 14

Re: July 8 - July 14

Hey Fader. Can I get your thoughts on the Monfils Kohlschreiber match? Looking to balance out my losses on Troicki and Sijsling. 2 bad beats. Im on Monfils to win.
Hey ayjayvola, Fader will have their opinion on the match but here are my thoughts. Monfils leads the H2H 8-1 and 2-0 on clay so you'd have to back Monfils the majority of the time in their match-ups. What's more is that Kohlschreiber struggled for parts of his first match against Nils Langer whereas Monfils has had a decent win against Mathieu and a very good win against F Mayer. It depends what odds you've got, I think anything above 1.48-1.5 is decent (which you can no longer get). I also think there's a bit of value at Monfils -3.5 with Pinnacle at 2.07 especially with Monfils' performance recently. Honestly though Kohlschreiber is not an easy player to predict, especially given the fact he's only played once so far this week, so I'm going to stay away from this match.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kohlschreiber will beat Monfils because all the signs point to a Monfils victory and all of us want him to win. :unsure Fader you've probably been asked this many time's but do you only bet with Bet365?Just wondering because I followed your Robredo bet the other day @2 when you had 1.8 and Monaco 2-0 can be got at 2.2.
ahhh! not what I wanted to hear!!!! :unsure

Kohlschreiber will beat Monfils because all the signs point to a Monfils victory and all of us want him to win. :unsure Fader you've probably been asked this many time's but do you only bet with Bet365?Just wondering because I followed your Robredo bet the other day @2 when you had 1.8 and Monaco 2-0 can be got at 2.2.
Yeah mate, I tend to only use Bet365. I could go around looking for best prices when I make my tips but Id rather just tip up what I'm betting on myself so I stick to one bookie. I know I'm probably shorting myself by lots of points but it hopefully levels out over the course of the season.

Hey Fader. Can I get your thoughts on the Monfils Kohlschreiber match? Looking to balance out my losses on Troicki and Sijsling. 2 bad beats. Im on Monfils to win.
TheCharmingOne pretty much said my thoughts too there, Ayjay. Monfils really has a good head-2-head with Kohl and he never gives up points. That, and how good he looked against Mayer would side me to Monfils. Let's hope he makes the final, because Haas is beatable on clay for Monfils. Monfils won their only encounter on the clay : )

Re: July 8 - July 14 I didn't like the look of the match before, but now it's drifted I'm also going to take 2pts C.Berlocq to beat A.Ramos 2.00 Bet365 1pt C.Berlocq to win 2-0 3.20 Bet365 Ramos looked good in his last match against Robredo, but more so Robredo was rubbish. Everything was going long and I knew from the moment I see the big woofter wearing a neck warmer that he was going to lose that match. Berlocq holds a 3-1 head-2-head advantage here [all on clay] and it's 1-1 this year. I'm taking a point on 2-0 aswell and I must admit I have very little confidence in the 2-0. I just know that Ramos if he loses the first set 7-6 he tends to lose concentration so for them odds I'm taking a gamble and hopefully Berlocq winning gives us a 1pt profit no matter what.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Thanks Fader & CharmingOne... I've been keeping my eye on betting tips sites linked off twitter and more and more are saying Kohlschreiber. Though you guys, covers and menstennisforum has lots of Monfils backing... I'm either going to have a smile on my face or will get cleaned out..... Allez Monfils! Good luck on your plays Fader. I'm on Monfils to win and Isner to win for tomorrow. Following day I will be all over Mahut.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Fernando Verdasco to beat Nicolas Almagro 2.12 Pinnacle (7/10 points) When Verdasco is playing with big, big intensity, it is really hard to stay toe to toe with him, especially on a claycourt for a player with a single handed backhand that's right handed. You need a real mental toughness and mental resiliance to contend with him when he's on his top game which he has been recently. (Especially if you are right handed) Almagro has the game and ability, skill and consistency to not break down on his backhand side when contending with the barage of Verdasco forehands at this moment in time I don't feel he is in the right and positive mind set to put application to it. He's been showing signs of his old mental stupidity and getting down on himself, which leads to more errors from the backhandside. The clay is also quite high bouncing also, so that shot will be examined hugely throughout the match. I believe he'll eventually run around it and take an inside in or inside out forehand but leave himself exposed as a result. Verdasco is also determined to earn his third choice position back in the Spanish Davis Cup side, or atleast stamp his claim.

Back Victor Hanescu to win ATP Stuttgart for a 0.5/10 stake at 34.00 with BetVictor The favourites have never done well in Stuttgart and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing that trend continuing for yet another year, so I am going to go with two long shots with minimal stakes. Both Klizan and Hanescu like faster clay courts and both have enough quality to win over anyone who is not going to try hard enough, so fancy them to go well at these massive odds.
Too bad Haas could get Bautista and not Hanescu for your bet. Kohlschreiber will be hard but not impossible.

Anything about Peer? I think she is underestimated.
Cadantu with the only win between the two which was on clay so she should probably be favourite I would've thought.I agree 1.73-2.3 is a little too short-long but I'm not too keen on backing myself as I haven't seen either play a large amount.

Cadantu with the only win between the two which was on clay so she should probably be favourite I would've thought.I agree 1.73-2.3 is a little too short-long but I'm not too keen on backing myself as I haven't seen either play a large amount.
If you look at the stats you can clearly see that Cadantu is dedicated to clay. In her career she has a record of 239/118 on clay whilst on any other surface it is 21/34 (hard, indoors and grass!).. Peer is more or less the other way around 90/54 on clay (which ist still quite good) but 226/121 on hard for example. That should be the reason why Cadantu is rated as favorite. Considering this, the clay records of this year (13/8 for Peer, 24/13 for Cadantu) and the head to head (1-0 Cadantu) i would stick with the romanian. But it will surely be a close one i think. I would recommend ML, smal HC (-1,5) or overs.. only small of course. But I'm new here, so any of this should be treated with caution :cow

If you look at the stats you can clearly see that Cadantu is dedicated to clay. In her career she has a record of 239/118 on clay whilst on any other surface it is 21/34 (hard, indoors and grass!).. Peer is more or less the other way around 90/54 on clay (which ist still quite good) but 226/121 on hard for example. That should be the reason why Cadantu is rated as favorite. Considering this, the clay records of this year (13/8 for Peer, 24/13 for Cadantu) and the head to head (1-0 Cadantu) i would stick with the romanian. But it will surely be a close one i think. I would recommend ML, smal HC (-1,5) or overs.. only small of course. But I'm new here, so any of this should be treated with caution :cow
That explains Cadantus price a little bit more.Good post and:welcome.

Re: July 8 - July 14 fkin pathetic from monfils. More concerned with his poxy trainers then his game. If he hasn't got the bottle later on in tournaments when it's wide open what's the point in competing. I'll leave him alone for outrights.

Re: July 8 - July 14 He had to lose with so many of us behind him:wallOne of those matches where everything pointed in his favour and it still didn't come together.I think I'll give him a few more chance's if the price is right and he's considered a big underdog.It's hard to gauge just how much he's giving to his game right now.Withdrawing from Wimbledon could've been a sign to stay away as it really doesn't make sense to me how he could play around it but not in it.Am I right in saying that he also has no professional coach right now!? Lot's of shock's today.Looking ahead Verdasco and Dimitrov should be a very good match-up.I'm not much of a match better to be honest,I find it a lot harder to see value compared to the outright's when it can be fairly evident at time's there's value with such big price's floating around but of course they don't hit as much.With Verdasco and Dimitrov I'm wondering is over's a market worth looking at?Both will be feeling great after their impressive win's today,I just find it hard to see one walking over the other.Then again,They've never met so there's no previous record to go with.Dimitrov can be got @2.38 right now also which look's interesting to me. Any thought's?:loon

Awesome pick indeed, -1.5.

Fernando Verdasco to beat Nicolas Almagro 2.12 Pinnacle (7/10 points) When Verdasco is playing with big, big intensity, it is really hard to stay toe to toe with him, especially on a claycourt for a player with a single handed backhand that's right handed. You need a real mental toughness and mental resiliance to contend with him when he's on his top game which he has been recently. (Especially if you are right handed) Almagro has the game and ability, skill and consistency to not break down on his backhand side when contending with the barage of Verdasco forehands at this moment in time I don't feel he is in the right and positive mind set to put application to it. He's been showing signs of his old mental stupidity and getting down on himself, which leads to more errors from the backhandside. The clay is also quite high bouncing also, so that shot will be examined hugely throughout the match. I believe he'll eventually run around it and take an inside in or inside out forehand but leave himself exposed as a result. Verdasco is also determined to earn his third choice position back in the Spanish Davis Cup side, or atleast stamp his claim.
:ok

Re: July 8 - July 14 Back Michael Russell (+4) to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 2/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Mahut deserves to be the favourite here for obvious reasons, but he has never been the one to trust when it comes to covering this kind of handicap lines and I think that Michael Russell will be able to give him a good run for his money. After all, he has that sort of playing style that could trouble the Frenchman and he should also be quite confident due to him being on a decent winning run right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/russell-vs-mahut-betting-michael-russell-should-be-able-to-put-his-determination-to-good-use-on-saturday-20130712 Back Carlos Berlocq (-2.5) to beat Thiemo de Bakker for a 2/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Good win for de Bakker over Berdych, but the Czech looked well out of his depth in that match and I am sure that this will be a much tougher challenge for the Dutchman, as, in my opinion, he will be unable to hit past the Argentinian from the baseline. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berlocq-vs-de-bakker-betting-carlos-berlocq-to-outplay-thiemo-de-bakker-in-the-city-of-bastad-20130712 Back Roberto Bautista-Agut (+4) to beat Fabio Fognini for a 2/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Bautista-Agut seems to be the right player to trouble the Italian here and I am willing to back him to cover this handicap line, as he has been able to push Fognini to the limit in their most recent encounters. Bautista-Agut is a tough player to break down and it wouldn't be a surprise to see Fognini having a small blip or two at some point, so there you go - an easy win might not be on the cards for the world's number thirty-one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bautista-agut-vs-fognini-betting-roberto-bautista-agut-looks-value-against-the-italian-in-stuttgart-20130712

Re: July 8 - July 14 Still having some thoughts about it, to be honest. Hewitt may as well win this one, and Hewitt is in really good form in this grass season, even if sort of disappointing at Wimbledon. But Isner is looking really tight on his serve. Hewitt is a great returner but Isner is in the zone right now in terms of serve. And if it gets to tie-break, Isner will win them. Will watch a bit of the game and check out how is Hewitt responding to Isner's serve. Will try to do it inplay.

Re: July 8 - July 14 Fernando Verdasco vs. Grigor Dimitrov One of the semifinal matches at the ATP World Tour event in Bastad will be a duel between Spaniard Fernando Verdasco and Grigor Dimitrov from Bulgaria. The 29-year-old left-hander Fernando Verdasco is a former Top10 player who had a very disappointing first part of this season but it seems that things may change as Verdasco played a really good tournament in Wimbledon and lost only to Andy Murray in five sets and now continues his good form here in Bastad, where he has a chance to reach the final and possibly win his eight career title. Verdasco is well capable of playing on all surfaces but red clay is still his favourite and most successful surface. The 22-year-old Grigor Dimitrov is rated as one of the most talented youngsters on the circuit and often nicknamed as "Baby Federer" due to the similarity in their ground strokes, particularly off the backhand side. Dimitrov enjoyed a very successful junior career, in which he held the world Nr.1 ranking and won the boy's singles titles at the 2008 Wimbledon Championships and the 2008 US Open. Dimitrov considers the backhand down the line as his favorite shot and his favorite surfaces are hard court and grass. He really has an enormous potential and could easily become one of the top players in next years but has problems to show his best tennis on a regular basis. Yes, he has already made some really good results this season including a win over Djokovic in Madrid but he is still very inconsistent what was clearly shown in his first two matches here in Bastad. Dimitrov easily defeated Monaco in the last round but it was more about poor performance from the Argentine than a great display of Dimitrov and we really believe that Fernando Verdasco is a solid favourite of this duel and recommend you to place a tennis bet on him. Starting Time: 13 July 2013, 13:00 CET Bet: Verdasco Odds: 1.787 Stake: 9 units Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports

Re: July 8 - July 14 N. Mahut (-1.5 Sets) vs M. Russell (+1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.833 with Pinnacle (7 units) Out of the 13 matches Mahut has won on grass (only losses to Murray and Robredo) this season, 12 have been in straight sets. The guy is in serious form, beating Rhyne Williams, Tim Smyczek and Michal Przysiezny in decent fashion. Each have pretty decent grass records. Obviously Mahut has already won a grass tournament this year at s-Hertogenbosch beating Malisse and Wawrinka on the way. On the other hand I feel like Russell has been given an easy ride up to this point. He struggled against Marchenko, beat Kuznetsov who he has a 12-0 H2H record with and was gifted the match by Sijsling who was absolutely awful. I watched the match and Sijsling struggled to return a lot of simple serves just putting them into the net, in the rallies he seemed to have the upper hand on Russell but couldn't put enough balls in play. I think Mahut was very good against Przysiezny even though the tight score, he was returning the ball well and Przysiezny is a step up on serve compared to Russell. I'm not sure if Mahut will cover games handicaps but he looked confident enough and sharp enough to not lose any sets so I'm very happy with this line. V. Hanescu (+1.5 Sets) vs P. Kohlschreiber (-1.5 Sets) for Match @ 1.943 with Pinnacle (3 units) Kohlschreiber beat Monfils yesterday in straight sets (hard to tell whether that was down to an erratic performance by Monfils or not but the stats are solid on both first and second serve). At the French Open this year, Kohlschreiber won against Hanescu in straight sets only losing 8 games. I think Kohlschreiber should be motivated at home and has a game well suited to playing the Romanian. This is a bit of a risk though as Hanescu is very solid and is able to keep this match close. I also have taken up the following but either they are no longer possible bets (Berlocq is now at 1.459) or they've already been echoed by other punters: Berlocq to beat De Bakker @ 1.625 with Pinnacle (4 units) Verdasco to beat Dimitrov @ 1.746 with Pinnacle (4 units) Bautista-Agut (+3.5) to beat Fognini @ 1.98 with Pinnacle (3 units)

Errani (-7.5 games) to beat Silvia Soler Espinosa @2.4 with Pinnacle (4 units) This line is quite steep to cover but I like Errani here. She is the defending champion and easy favourite to retain her title at home. Errani is just an incredible wall and will make SSE play for every point. What swayed me was that on clay SSE has lost her last four matches at over 3+ outright odds by enough to cover this line (Wozniacki 1-6 1-6; Carla Suarez Navarro 2-6 1-6; Ivanovic 2-6 1-6; Na Li 3-6 1-6). Based on these facts I think value rests with Errani to pull this off.
Errani came through winning the last eight games, not quite the way I imagined it coming off. I saw the match at 4-4 in the first and thought this bet was doomed only to check later and see the match had ended 6-4 6-0. +5.6 units for thread

Re: July 8 - July 14 Just one more today: S. Errani (-5.5) vs K. Zakopalova for Match @ 1.952 with Pinnacle (4 units) Errani has played well enough to cover this line in all three matches she's played this week (covering 10.5, 6.5 and 7.5). Zakopalova has come through in 3 three setters and has looked so shaky at times. Errani is very professional and will punish her for mental concentration lapses which seem to happen so regularly. With the three long matches and Errani's defensive play, Zakopalova may feel like she needs to go for too much which will result in too many errors. In their previous matches, it's only 3-2 to Errani but Errani's won the last three plus she's got even better since 2011. One of the keys to this match is going to be the first serve % for Zakopalova, as Errani has been exploiting everyone's second serve this week as well as Zakopalova's in their past matches. This might not always be easy as Zakopalova has big weapons but I'm expecting a relatively easy eventual win.