** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Wednesday 26th June

Salisbury 350 - Jacob Cats 10/1 Bet365 BOG Despite there being a really good card up at Carlisle for those that like a good handicap, my eye is firmly drawn to the class 2 event at Salisbury where the I think the track will suit this runner perfectly. He was very progressive at the end of last year, placing in strong handicaps over 7 & 8f before finally powering clear in the final furlong to win good handicap at Newmarket. His times have been solid and he should have conditions firmly in his favour tomorrow. His reappearance this season was very disappointing but he may have just needed it and whilst he did move from the Hannon's yard before that Olly Stevens is a good up and coming trainer and he could be set to run a big race at a very fair price.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 15.50 Salisbury: Mabait @ 12/1 Ladbrokes I'm a bit excited about this chance as I feel Mabait could be very, very well handicapped tomorrow, coming down a long way in the mark and showing an impressive return to form at Newbury in a competitive Handicap recently. He travelled like a dream for a very long time, and the jockey looked to have loads of horse beneath but then when it mattered he couldn't find a gap and was short of room over 2f out. Mabait showed then something that you don't see that often or only from horses who are in really fine form or have something in hand, as he switched to the left, found quickly back his balance and quickened in a matter of strides - just to find himself short of room around the 1f marker again. Race over obviously then, but it was a hugely impressive performance in my mind and this goes along with his current handicap mark which hasn't been as low since 2009! Of course his last win dates back a couple of years too, but he ran in top class races and had to shoulder big weights. He steps up to 1m tomorrow again, which is perfectly fine as well as he gets his beloved fast ground. Slight worry is the jockey booking with Laura Pike not being an overly strong apprentice but she rides okay actually and her 5lb claim is well worth. I would think if Mabait gets a clear run the little girl doesn't need to do much anyway except of avoiding a fall.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 15.50 - Salisbury - Rockalong @ 4/1 Coral - 1pt win Denied a four timer last time out at Newmarket but has shown bundles of ability in the two runs beforehand. This is very much his trip and the ground is fine too. A 4lb rise but certainly has enough to overcome that, coming from a good stable with the in form J P Spencer taking the ride, includes 3 winners from 6 last night at Windsor.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 1930 Naas - Moth - 4/6 - PP & Boyles In Leui of not finding much else and having a bet count total to meet, this one should hack up on all known form. No guarantees that there isn't something with ability hiding in the field but if it doesn't win and runs to form then the winner would have to be up to Group One standard.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 7.30 Naas Moth 4/6 Paddy Power Difficult cards everywhere but Moth stands out as a certainty dropped to listed class having been 3rd and 4th in the Guineas and Oaks (where she started favourite). Running against maidens, maiden winners and handicappers it should win this easily barring accidents. In fact you would be inclined to give up the game all together if she gets beaten! I would expect her sp to be around 2/5 or less. 1 point win Moth for nap purposes 4/6 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June

15:50 Salisbury
Great handicap this for a Tuesday in what should be a wide open contest. You could make a claim for several, if not most of these runners and the one I like best is
Jacob Cats
. This consistent 4 year old has won 4 times from 10 races and was fairly progressive as a 3 year old last season. He was raced three times as a 2 year old back in 2011, winning a decent maiden at this course on his second attempt. Richard Hannon clearly rated him as on his reappearance last year he was entered into the Tattersalls Millions 3 year old sprint at Newmarket, a race worth 81k. He finished 9/15 and although he never really got involved, it wasn't a bad effort. He then made his handicap debut off a mark of 80 at Sandown, upped in trip to a mile for the first time. He ran out the winner by three quarters of a length that day before following up over the same course and distance two months later off a mark of 85, beating the very useful
Burke's Rock
by 1 and a quarter lengths, a horse who has now won at listed level and is rated 97. That form has also been franked by the third placed finisher who has won 3 times since between last season and this season in handicap company.
Jacob Cats
then finished 4th and 3rd in decent handicaps at Goodwood (8f) and Newmarket (7f) off marks of 91 and 92, finishing just a length off the winner both times, before heading to Newmarket again up into a class 2 handicap over a mile which he got up to win by a neck, he ran on strongly in the closing stages and had he not been denied a clear run when about to make his effort, he could have won by more. He switched trainers over the winter to Olly Stevens and although his debut effort for this trainer off a mark of 96 at Thirsk was not the best of efforts, he has always needed a run in the previous 2 seasons, winning on his second starts in 2011 and 2012. Back at a course where he broke his maiden tag and with a run under his belt, he should have a much livelier chance.
E/W Jacob Cats @ 10/1 (
Stan James
- BOG, 1/4
odds
, 1,2,3)

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 5.15 Worcester: Nattani EW (16/1 PP/BVic) Massive price for this horse who has been contesting much better contests, especially over fences, was in the process of winning a class 3 chase at Taunton but fell at the last off 130, 126 over hurdles and is a course and distance winner and wont mind the ground. Was second in a Listed hurdle at huntingdon and will find this company much more to his liking.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June *Al Muheer > Carlisle 4:05 > WIN @ 20/1 SJ BOG* Only two pounds higher than when winning at Chester two runs back with a late rattling run to get up. Showed a lot of determination that day, and I am hoping he can bounce back after a poor showing at Donny last time out. Ruth Carr's horses are running well at the moment so worth a go at the price.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 6.10 BATH SUNSET SHORE Evens (Bet365 #BOG) I fancy three/four horses today but the most appealing in terms of price/real chances of winning is Sunset Shore. A prototypical progressive filly, placed on her last two outings, already has three more entries in the next 4 days so the trainer should think she'll win sooner or later and today looks like a decent chance. Small field of 4 runners with just one amongst the others already seen on turf and pretty questionable in terms of progress and suitability. Firm ground won't be a problem, main concern will be the uphill track, whilst I'm happy about the almost full extra furlong to run compared to classic 5f races. Sir Mark Prescott usually hit form with maidens during this month but still has to produce a winner in June this year, I hope this is the good one! Luke Morris isn't Seb Sanders but he knows the horse pretty well so it should be a good enough fit.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 4.35 Carlisle - 1pt win Ethics Girl @ 16/1 (VC) John Berry's runner isn't chucked in or anything but there doesn't look too many well-handicapped horses or progressive types in this field and at 16/1 I think this in-form mare who has conditions to suit is overpriced. She's won off a mark of 75 in the past so the 7lbs taken off today (mark is 81) would give her a hope and she went close on her only previous start at Carlisle. She relishes a stiff finish (stays a bit further) and has been in form the last three tries. Stayed on over a too sharp 1m2f three starts back at Newbury for 3rd on her seasonal reappearance and stayed on for 2nd back up to 1m4f next time off this mark at Newmarket. Was 5l behind the winner but bumped into a well-treated type on that occasion (won off 8lbs higher next time out) so can be excused and my selection ran a sound 2nd over hurdles last time out. Returns to the level with conditions to suit (decent ground, track and trip) and they should go a decent gallop here in this 17-strong field. Ought to be staying on at the finish and in an open race I'm confident she'll go close.

Avon Breeze 3pm Carlisle 1pt win 9-2 at 888 Sport Won well at ripon and ran well 2nd at Redcar under a penalty. Lightly raced, goes well under Amy Ryan and she is on board again. Goes on various ground and if improving again can win despite being up to a mark 10lb above last win.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 3.00 Carlisle - Avon Breeze - 4/1 VC Agree with Mowgli here and think this is over priced. Quite a weak race really, has been money for Rylee Mooch and Another Wise Kid, I've had a little bit on the later at 12s last night but Avon Breeze is my main bet here. You've got to think Rusty Rocket, Beau Mistral, Towbee and Ashpan Sam would prefer softer conditions so that's four straight away who arent very backable at the prices. Conditions not a problem and the 3lb rise from her 2nd lto looks fair considering Above Standard went on to win again in a competitive race at York. Well drawn and plenty of pace on here so should get a race run to suit. 4/1 is too big in this field.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June S4.55 Starlight Angel 1pt Win Sportingbet There's a few form lines here which suggest a fast 6 furlongs could be the horses optimal conditions and the horse can step up here on recent efforts. I also like the handicap mark and the jockey booking. The major negative is that the horse is up against some unexposed rivals but I think it's worth taking a chance with at a decent price. The horse should be staying on at the business end and hopefully this talented 5lb claimer can come with a late rattle.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 21.10 Bath Dee Aitch Dove - 1PT Win 11/1 StanJames The current favourite in this race is recent C&D winner Cara Gina, however despite winning that race with ease I think she can be taken on. She has been raised 11lb for that victory last time out and she hadn't shown much in her previous starts. One of the bigger priced horses in this race, and my selection is Dee Aitch Dove. Dee Aitch Dove has been running over 6F and drops back in trip to the 5F here which should suit her. She has also been running in better races and drops into Class 6 company. Last time out she was running a big race at Windsor and was perhaps going to sneak into a placing before being hampered inside the final furlong and she eventually finished back in 6th. She can improve on that run here over the shorter distance and looks a huge price at double figures.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 1910 bath 1pt win alpine mysteries 11/8 betvic easy winner of an apprentice handicap at kempton last last week,no penalty for that win and thomas brown keeps the ride tonight, he has had 29 winners in 2013, a fair strike rate of 20%,which is exactly double the winners he had in 2012

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th June 21.20 Kempton: Sennockian Star, 7/1 Bet365, win Sennockian Star ran well lto when he finished fourth of eight at Goodwood over 1m1½f. He had every chance 1f out but he didn't have anything left and was well beaten. He drops back to 1m today which will suit. He won before that over today's distance at Chepstow. Second that day won his next two races. This is his first start on the a/w at Kempton but he has run well at Lingfield and Wolverhampton so hopefully it will suit. Three year olds have won this race four of the last five years and he is the only three year old today. Trainer Mark Johnston sends two horses to Kempton this evening, the other being a 16/1 dead-heat winner. Jamie Spencer travels to Kempton for this one ride.