Europa League > Thu 11th April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 11 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Rubin Kazan v Chelsea (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Basel v Tottenham Hotspur (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.84[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lazio v Fenerbahçe SK (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Benfica (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.94[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Basel looks like massive value at home against the spurs. We saw in the first leg that the offensive players of Basel caused some major problems in the defense of Tottenham especially mohamed salah with his speed. They should have won the game. Don't know about the exact injury list but I think tottenham will still miss some important players for this clash especially because of the fact they play chelsea away from home next weekend and its a must to achieve Cl soccer for next year with an eye on Bale and others whether if they stay at the club or not. Don't know if Boas will field his best team but Basel is a force at home in europe. They defeated teams like bayern munchen, man utd, sporting lissabon, zenit and many more at their home ground and I feel like tottenhams power is slipping away a bit. They drew against a regular everton side this weekend and with so many games lately I think some players could be a bit tired. 2.50 on the home win is great for me! Waiting for the last team news but I will already take my chances with medium stakes on basel win!

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April ^^ Actually Tottenham's game against Chelsea that was supposed to be played on Sunday has been postponed because Chelsea are playing Man City in the FA Cup semi final on Sunday. I'm sure AVB will field the strongest possible team to try and get through the tie especially as they aren't playing at the weekend, but they will be without Bale and Lennon who are key misses. Basel don't need to win, a 0-0 or 1-1 will do them fine, but I would still agree the odds on Basel are quite generous.

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Well, that changes the cause a bit for me. Bu I still think after we saw the first leg that basel is smart enough to win this game against a reduced tottenham side. The odds still represent value and will go down I guess.

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Lazio @ 1.85 I think that Lazio is better team then Fener plus Italian league is way to better then Turkey. They played well against Roma and in first match Lazio played with 10 players for 45 minutes but Fener scored to late goals. Im expecting Lazio to win this one but Im not sure if they gonna manage to go to semi finals.

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Lazio - Fenerbahce Hosts -without the support of the fans -without main striker Kloze -Just two days ago playing hard match with Inter. Guests have a very strong structure and motivation. In the last round of the match with Stuttgart gave 2.3 today 1.9 ? I do not see an advantage of the hosts. Fenerbahce 2X (AH-0.5) 1.98 8/10

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April

Lazio - Fenerbahce Hosts -without the support of the fans -without main striker Kloze -Just two days ago playing hard match with Inter. Guests have a very strong structure and motivation. In the last round of the match with Stuttgart gave 2.3 today 1.9 ? I do not see an advantage of the hosts. Fenerbahce 2X (AH-0.5) 1.98 8/10
They played with Roma not with Inter , and in EL they are playing with Kozak in attack , not with Klose plus Kozak is best scorer in EL.

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April NEWCASTLE UTD vs SL BENFICA pick: +2 GOALS ODDS: 1.53 at BetVictor I think the odds are great I didn't expected such a nice price for Over 2 goals and I believe you'll agree with me that it is a "safe bet". Benfica now have 2 goals lead but nothing is over yet, the Magpies got their away goal and we all know that they have the quality to score 2 at home against most of the European teams, so this gives me the confidence that they will try to attack and create chances, I don't believe they will just give up and leave Europa League without giving a fight. We already witnessed a few games like this in which one of the teams got 2 or 3 goals lead and then going into the second leg very calm but almost got eliminated, like Spurs with Inter and Real with Galatasaray. I'm pretty sure that Benfica will play on a low gear and maybe Newcastle will score the first goal and that will open the game, of course I expect Benfica to score a minimum of 1 goal, so IMO we'll see at least 2 goals in the match but if the first one is in the early stages then there will be a big chance to see more than 3. :hope

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April 4pts Rubin Kazan vs Chelsea - Under 2.5 goals 3/4 Ladbrokes I don’t expect this to be a classic. It isn’t going to be a full house so it isn’t going to be a hostile trip like some trips to Russia can be. Chelsea are likely to have a good eye on the FA Cup semi final on Sunday while Rubin Kazan didn’t look all that dangerous in the first leg so I expect Chelsea to progress in a damp squib of a second leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rubin-kazan-vs-chelsea-betting-second-leg-of-quarter-final-unlikely-to-have-too-many-fireworks-20130410

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April 4pts Basel vs Tottenham - Over 2.5 goals 4/5 Bet365 I think we’ll see goals in this match. The first leg could have had 14 goals in it let alone 4 and with Spurs needing to win in all genuine reality they might have to push a few more men forward to get goals. Basel showed last week they have bags of quality until they get inside the area but they also showed they won’t keep on missing so over 2.5 goals looks good to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/basel-vs-tottenham-betting-expect-to-see-goals-in-open-second-leg-20130411

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April 3pts Newcastle to beat Benfica 2/1 BetVictor Benfica are in one of those weird situations that they don’t need to win but they can’t be too cautious because Newcastle have an away goal and if they score first the ground will come alive and this becomes a much different proposition for the Portuguese outfit. Newcastle have nothing to lose in this match now and I think that’s a good position for them to be in and often when we see the best from them. I don’t know if Newcastle will qualify but I think they have it in them to win on the night having really opened Benfica up at times in the first leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-benfica-betting-newcastle-can-set-st-james-park-alive-on-thursday-night-20130411

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Basel - Tottenham First thoughts were, "Basel walkover, Tottenham has to rest and focus on Champions League spot in Premier League", but then I saw their next game is in 10 days, plenty of time to get some rest after tonight's match and to prepare for clash with Manchester City. Guests will miss couple of important players - Bale, Lenon, Gallas and Defoe but even without them, they have managed to put up rather strong performance against Everton. Meaning that they can carry the burden being without Bale, without any doubt, the most influential player in this team. Basel rested quite a few regulars in the last league game, so most of the important starters will be ready and fired up for this match as they have chance to improve their club record and reach semi-finals in this competition. I have no doubt that Basel will try all they can to pass this round. It will all come down to how will Tottenham approach this game, they are better, more quality side, but will that be enough to beat highly motivated Basel side? I cannot say really. I'm suggesting you place money on over 2.75 goals, odds are 1.925 and I'm happy with that.

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Lazio - Fenerbahce It's hard to play without the support of the crowd, sometimes it can help, but this time Lazio will have to do without them. Home side will have to manage to come from two goals behind in order to advance in this competition. Even greater problem lies that they fight for spot in Serie A and in the weekend they have tough match with Juventus, which might prove deciding in battle for Europe spot. Fenerbahce is second in League, not so tough match coming on weekend, Champions League spot seems safe and league leaders are 4 points in front. Only important missing is attacker Sow, but I think that Fenerbahce will manage to pass this round. I will place my money on both to score, William Hill offers 1.91, which is amazing in my opinion.

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April Rubin Kazan vs Chelsea These games in Russia involving English sides are never really classics considering most are played at the Luzhniki Stadium under hardly no atmosphere and there will not be more a lot of fans tonight either I can imagine. Liverpool have been there this season losing 1-0 to Anzhi and Newcastle drew 0-0 with the same side at the same stadium later on in the Europa League. Only 1 of Rubin Kazan's games in this seasons Europa League has had more than 2 goals in it. Chelsea wont be going full throttle here with their FA Cup semi-final on Sunday against Man City on Rafa's mind also. 0-0 Draw 10/1 Betvictor

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April I'm also on the unders in the Kazan v Chelsea game, it has all the ingredients for me. Neutral stadium, artificial pitch, tie probably over already, Chelsea will be happy to defend the lead anyway with more important games on the horizon. Kazan are very defensive and lack the tools to give a really attacking performance, prices are dropping but 32red offer a decent 1.74. Under 2.5 Goals - 1.74 - 32red - 10 Points

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April l think Benfica are overpriced to beat what is a poor Newcastle team. Hatem Ben Arfa will only make the bench, Steven Taylor confirmed as being out. No Collocini or Tiote. Benfica have only been beaten 3 times in ALL competitions this season and have scored over 100 goals in all competitions. Newcastle have conceded goals left right and centre all season and despite having a class act in Cisse up front, given how they were outclassed on balance of play in the last round, Benfica look great value to be able to pick the skunks off on the counter as they are perfectly set up for doing so.

I'm also on the unders in the Kazan v Chelsea game, it has all the ingredients for me. Neutral stadium, artificial pitch, tie probably over already, Chelsea will be happy to defend the lead anyway with more important games on the horizon. Kazan are very defensive and lack the tools to give a really attacking performance, prices are dropping but 32red offer a decent 1.74. Under 2.5 Goals - 1.74 - 32red - 10 Points
Further to that I should probably point out that I pretty much doom any unders bet as soon as I back it :lol..not checked my records but I can't have had more than 2 or 3 winners in the last 12 months, this game is sure to be a goal fest!

I'm also on the unders in the Kazan v Chelsea game, it has all the ingredients for me. Neutral stadium, artificial pitch, tie probably over already, Chelsea will be happy to defend the lead anyway with more important games on the horizon. Kazan are very defensive and lack the tools to give a really attacking performance, prices are dropping but 32red offer a decent 1.74. Under 2.5 Goals - 1.74 - 32red - 10 Points
Despite your later post, I think unders look good value here. Rubin tend to be under-ish, and Chelsea seem quite defensive under Benitez and I think they will be happy to defend their 3-1 lead from the first leg. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends 0-0 or perhaps 1-0 to either side. I don't normally do goalscorer bets because I think they are often rip-off prices, but this one seems noticeably good value: Anytime goalscorer Natcho 6.4 Betfair Natcho is a midfielder, scored in the first leg and according to this site, has been Rubin's top scorer for the last 2 seasons ... http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/russia/rubin-kazan/1852/ If Rubin do score, that could turn out to be a good bet.

Fcuk me, shouldn't bet on this competition..

Re: Europa League > Thu 11th April With Friedel between the sticks (probably) and him being a bit rusty I would expect some goals in Basel-Spurs match. Back line looks shaky with him, Inter could have beaten them 4-0 in the SanSiro.

Despite your later post, I think unders look good value here. Rubin tend to be under-ish, and Chelsea seem quite defensive under Benitez and I think they will be happy to defend their 3-1 lead from the first leg. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends 0-0 or perhaps 1-0 to either side. I don't normally do goalscorer bets because I think they are often rip-off prices, but this one seems noticeably good value: Anytime goalscorer Natcho 6.4 Betfair Natcho is a midfielder, scored in the first leg and according to this site, has been Rubin's top scorer for the last 2 seasons ... http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/russia/rubin-kazan/1852/ If Rubin do score, that could turn out to be a good bet.
Natcho scores penalty on 75 minutes Bet won :ok

Well done' date=' good call.[/quote'] Thanks. Heard about it on the 'Sport Authority' video preview on oddschecker. They said he'd scored a penalty in the first leg and might be a good bet again. They didn't mention the odds though so I was expecting him to be around 3.0, but was surprised to see odds of 6.5 and that he was top scorer in the last two years and Rubin's penalty taker!

Further to that I should probably point out that I pretty much doom any unders bet as soon as I back it :lol..not checked my records but I can't have had more than 2 or 3 winners in the last 12 months' date=' this game is sure to be a goal fest![/quote'] Good call with the goal fest man :rollin you've doomed a lot of ppl with your UNDER 2.5 bet :D

Rubin Kazan vs Chelsea These games in Russia involving English sides are never really classics considering most are played at the Luzhniki Stadium under hardly no atmosphere and there will not be more a lot of fans tonight either I can imagine. Liverpool have been there this season losing 1-0 to Anzhi and Newcastle drew 0-0 with the same side at the same stadium later on in the Europa League. Only 1 of Rubin Kazan's games in this seasons Europa League has had more than 2 goals in it. Chelsea wont be going full throttle here with their FA Cup semi-final on Sunday against Man City on Rafa's mind also. 0-0 Draw 10/1 Betvictor
Safe to say that wasn't the greatest of my calls. :rollin