BBOTD Thursday 28th February

Last one for the month! I'm only playing for pride :) Kempton 700 - Chookie Avon 8/1 Paddy Power BOG Not shown his true colours up in class the last twice, although the Wolverhampton run wasnt without promise (first two ran well since). Back into a C5 Hcap from a good draw with very capable pilot on board and Im hoping he starts running to form again. Not been far off, even when hampered off this mark previously so if all is well he should be in the firing line!

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 18.00 Kempton: Fire In Babylon @ 11/4 Bet365 Put this one up two weeks ago for a race at Lingfield when he played up at the gates and was a late withdrawal. So same reasons why he's a very interesting runner are still applying, as well as it has to be stated that this race tomorrow is a really, really poor affair and he should be the class act, if you can say so in a race of that nature. Anyway, it wasn't difficult to be impressed by Fire In Babylon's most recent performance at Kempton when he travelled nicely in rear but had loads to do from well of the pace while turning for home in a rather slowly ran affair. While the eventual winner had the run of the race, travelling prominently and was able to kick away 2f out Fire In Babylon had to work his way through the field from the rear, yet he ran on very strongly under a hands and heels ride to finish 3rd in the end. He surly looks like a horse that is well ahead of the current mark, which is confirmed by the fact that he's able to race off 3lb below his last winning mark. He's also generally lightly raced for a five year and looks primed for a big run tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 15.10 Taunton - Jump City - Win @ 11\8 Bet365 BOG Paul Nicholls runner in this handicap chase. Winning on debut over fences at Newton Abbott on soft ground when he jumped well for Daryl Jacob. Then went to Cheltenham where never in the race for a class 2 novice chase. Last time out here at Taunton was a 9l length 3rd over 2.5f further. Drop back to 2m half a furlong will suit, no issues with ground having won on soft and looks likely to improve.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 2030 kempton 1pt win rapid water 5/1 bet365 a course and distance winner has went off the boil recently,but it was inly a couple of months ago, 3rd december it came from behind and finished well to win , a return to a mile may help to get back to winning ways

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 4:20 Southwell HONEST DEAL 3-1 WH (bog) Lock Master does well here but has never won off a mark of 82. Honest Deal only lost out by a neck last time over C&D and goes up 2lbs for that run. In contrast Lock Master is up effectively 8lbs for winning by a length and so I cannot back him at 9-4f. Ascendant does ok at the 1m4f trip but has never tackled this surface and again looks a bit short that factor considered, plus he is two years older than Honest Deal. Dorry K is up 7lbs for his win at Redcar and has a small absence to overcome as well as not running on this surface before.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 3.55 Meydan: Luhaif, 13/2 >Paddy Power, win Luhaif finished third in the trial for this lto. He was 3L behind the re-opposing Elleval but I think today's smaller field race could be run to suit my selection. He is the only definite frontrunner in the field (Deauville Prince has in the past) so he could get an easy lead. He steps up to a mile today and it should suit. He has run over today's distance once before when he was beaten by just ¼L and he is closely related to 9f group 3 winner Charlie Farnsbarns. Jockey Martin Harley is in good form, with 3 winners and 4 places from 11 rides in the last fortnight.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 3:55 Thurles BRIGHT NEW DAWN ran behind champagne fever last time out in the Grade 1 Deloitte novice hurdle. It was a really good effort and it goes to show that progression is still very much on the cards. Showing two good placed efforts in grade 1s the last twice bright new dawn should take some beating today dropping down in grade before taking up grade 1 entries again at the Cheltenham Festival. Yard is in good form having a double yesterday. Best price this morning 11/8 boylesport, Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 4.30 Meydan Mufarrah 1pt win @ 12/1 PaddyPower This horse steps back into handicap company after finding the group 2 Al Maktoum Challenge too tough last time out. He looked unlucky over CD 2 runs ago behind Barbecue Eddie and finished that's day with a real rattle. I expect the drop back in trip to suit him here and he looks a big price at 12/1. He is well drawn, trainer continues in good form and Hanagan is slowly coming to grips with racing in Dubai. This is probably the most open race of the day at Meydan today and Mufarrah IMO has a great chance.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 400 Ludlow: Radius Bleu EW (33/1 Bet365/SJ) Looking at all of the outsiders today and this one looked as good as any, used to be a fair novice at one time and i reckon they have been running over the wrong trip for most of the season, dropped back last time and showed up well to two out and now the ground is a bit better he could hang on for even longer and is overpriced at 33/1. Down to a mark of 102 makes him a tempting proposition in what is a weak race overall.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 8.30 Kempton Jericho is plummeting in the weights at the moment and booking of Kirby is strong but would like to have seen more recently. Hill Of Dreams tries blinkers for the first time and drops back in trip having shown nothing over further and is one to watch in the betting returning to this trip. Hawaiwaan Freeze appeared to run her best race yet when 3rd in a class 7 CD apprentice race last week that was after a 202 day break so not given much of a chance to get over that and wouldn’t necessarily back that effort up anyhow given overall profile! Ensnare pops up when least expected but is extremely reliant on a suicidal gallop and no guarantee of that in this race lacking a front runner. Rapid Water is tricky customer but only 3 lengths adrift of Flamborough Breeze when last seen in handicap often finds less than expected and remains one to tread carefully with. Qeethaara has to be of interest on the back of a much better effort last time out over CD last week. Both the winner and 2nd have made that form look very solid having won again. Runs off same the mark today but apprentice takes over taking off 5lb, she is 16lb below her last winning mark slightly better drawn tonight and yard continue to come out of a really quiet spell. 1pt win Qeethaara 10/3 boyles

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February Thurles 3.55 - Bright New dawn - win at 11/8 bog betvictor best race of the day, a grade 2 novice hurdle over 20 furlongs My selection has finished 2nd and 3rd in two grade one races on his last couple of outings and should be up to winning at this level Step up in trip should suit, going right handed is no problem and has won on soft ground Main danger is the Mullins-Walsh horse who has only run 3 times and won his maiden at this track

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 6.00 Kempton - 1pt win Seaquel @ 18/1 (Hills) Early days but would quite like to see some money come for Tony Carroll's charge. If it does then I think there could be a big run in this mare who has shaped okay the last thrice since returning from a lengthy absence. She was a 1l 2nd off 8lbs higher here over c&d back in December 2009 and has run as if she retains ability the last three occasions she's been on the racecourse. She was only beaten 6 1/4l at Wolverhampton after 2 and a half years off in January and 1m2f may have been on the sharp side here next time out. She still wasn't beaten too far and it was a similar story last time out when trying 2 miles. She travelled okay but couldn't really pick up in the end. She'd want a good gallop over this trip or a more positive ride as she's not the quickest but Tony Carroll's horses are in form and Adam Kirby jumps aboard which is an obvious positive. That may signal a better run this evening with Carroll and Kirby showing a £15 level stakes profit when teaming up. It's a weak race (drops back into a 0-50 from a 0-60) and fingers crossed she can outrun her price tag.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February K6.00 Theres No Rules 1pt Win 33/1 Bet365 I'm expecting an "all or nothing" type performance from this one today since it'll depend if today is the day that the handbrake is off. It's got all the makings of a stable gamble but the price is holding up at the moment. One things for sure, in that, if it drifts, the horse might as well stay in the stables so I'll know my fate early. The only time the horse has encountered anything like these conditions in its short career was a 5th of 12 on its penultimate run when not exactly put in the race. A very interesting point as well is the application of a first time hood. Progeny of the horses sire (Authorized) have won an incredible 8 of 27 races when the hood is applied and there's also a strong bias towards running well after a break which is another plus.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 15:30 Ludlow Zarrafact - Looks to be a all or nothing horse from 7 chase starts pulled up 4 won 2 and beaten by a head into second. Dropping into class 3 company after a couple of runs in a group3 and a listed race. Hasn't ran for 110 days but all wins have come after a few months break. If in the mood like when beating Aldertune last Jan by 12 months will take some pegging back. 1pt win 10/1 william hill

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 4.50 SOUTHWELL GREENHEAD HIGH @ 10/1 Bet365 .5ew Ran ok last time travelled well but pulled early and ran out of steam a little, hopefully first time visor may help him settle. Lat win came at this time last year off ab 8lb higher mark and won over CD off a 1lb higher mark. Trainer has not had many runners but usually does well in this month.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 2:00 Ludlow - Bullet Street - Back Has run really well on both hurdles starts thus far, having won on debut 2 starts ago and then followed that up with a 3rd in a Class 2 at Ascot lto. Drops back down to Class 4 here and this much easier and seemingly only has Who's Cross to beat. He has won himself but bombed out lto and I take Bullet Street to have his measure here 1pt win @ 5/6 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February 8.00 – Kempton – Rainford Glory @ 6/1 Stan James Hard to be confident in what is such a wide open race but I like the chances of Rainford Glory. He’s been unplaced in his 6 career starts but I think he was expected to turn out better than his rating of 53 especially after showing a little bit of promise in maidens. He’s moved from Ed Dunlop to David Simcock and actually ran pretty well over C&D lto. He finished a strongly finishing 4th in a slowy run race which was won by the well handicapped Byroness who followed up nto. Larger field this evening means that there more likely to go a decent gallop which would suit him I feel and the booking of Jim Crowley is also a massive plus in my eyes too (8 from 13 for this yard in the past year!). Reasonable draw, still unexposed and should hopefully back up his last run with another good performance.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February Final table will be up later as we have races still to run. Well done to CPO (12/1) and Barnsley Chop (10/1) for a couple of cracking winners so far:clap

2030 kempton 1pt win rapid water 5/1 bet365 a course and distance winner has went off the boil recently,but it was inly a couple of months ago, 3rd december it came from behind and finished well to win , a return to a mile may help to get back to winning ways
8.30 Kempton Jericho is plummeting in the weights at the moment and booking of Kirby is strong but would like to have seen more recently. Hill Of Dreams tries blinkers for the first time and drops back in trip having shown nothing over further and is one to watch in the betting returning to this trip. Hawaiwaan Freeze appeared to run her best race yet when 3rd in a class 7 CD apprentice race last week that was after a 202 day break so not given much of a chance to get over that and wouldn’t necessarily back that effort up anyhow given overall profile! Ensnare pops up when least expected but is extremely reliant on a suicidal gallop and no guarantee of that in this race lacking a front runner. Rapid Water is tricky customer but only 3 lengths adrift of Flamborough Breeze when last seen in handicap often finds less than expected and remains one to tread carefully with. Qeethaara has to be of interest on the back of a much better effort last time out over CD last week. Both the winner and 2nd have made that form look very solid having won again. Runs off same the mark today but apprentice takes over taking off 5lb, she is 16lb below her last winning mark slightly better drawn tonight and yard continue to come out of a really quiet spell. 1pt win Qeethaara 10/3 boyles
8.00 – Kempton – Rainford Glory @ 6/1 Stan James Hard to be confident in what is such a wide open race but I like the chances of Rainford Glory. He’s been unplaced in his 6 career starts but I think he was expected to turn out better than his rating of 53 especially after showing a little bit of promise in maidens. He’s moved from Ed Dunlop to David Simcock and actually ran pretty well over C&D lto. He finished a strongly finishing 4th in a slowy run race which was won by the well handicapped Byroness who followed up nto. Larger field this evening means that there more likely to go a decent gallop which would suit him I feel and the booking of Jim Crowley is also a massive plus in my eyes too (8 from 13 for this yard in the past year!). Reasonable draw, still unexposed and should hopefully back up his last run with another good performance.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 28th February When it rain it pours. Well done Jonshell, Trotter, Billy Hills, Danny Cash, Cpo, Barnsleychop & Corky for having winning bets today. :ok Winners: :clap Jonshell 11/8 (6/4 ISP) Trotter 11/8 (6/4 ISP) Danny Cash 3/1 (11/4 ISP) Cpo 12/1 (9/1 ISP) Barnsleychop 10/1 E/W (8/1 ISP) Corky 5/1 (4/1 ISP) E/W Placings 3rd: Billy Hills 33/1 E/W Placings 2nd: Wizzkid Walter 5/6 (10/11 ISP), Blazing Bailey 8/1 (11/2 ISP) 3rd: Bathtime For Rupert 17/1 (10/1 ISP), Lodge 6/1 (5/1 ISP) Good luck for tomorrow.