BBOTD Friday 8th February

Kempton 4.00 - Alvarado 10/1 Bet365 BOG I would be lying if I said was very confident on this one but I was almost certain Wings of Smoke would hose up today and that didnt happen so I will pay my money and take my chance. Truth be told, I am a big fan of Pete The Feat and he could quite simply be too classy for these tomorrow but he has risen significantly in the weights on the back of his recent performances and its less than 30 days since his grueling test in the Classic Chase so at 2-1 I am happy enough to pass. My selection absolutely hosed up 2 starts back over 21f where he picked up significantly after the final flight to win going away looking well ahead of the handicapper. That form is very solid (top 5 have all ran well off marks between 125-135 since and the way he beat them that day suggests he has more in his locker. Based on that run, he was a little disappointing NTO at Newbury and while the form hasnt turned out to be that great, it certainly isnt bad form (Rigadin De Beauchene only just ahead) and I suspect it will look better 6 months down the line when a lot of the horses have run again, especially on a sounder surface. Overall I think this horse has a decent chance if it can pick up that progressive thread and the return to the better ground forecast for tomorrow may help as well as the return to a longer trip. 10/1 is a good price and underestimates his chances IMO. Time will tell if he is good enough.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 16.10 Newcastle - Prince Tam - WIN @ 7\1 PP BOG With question marks over so many runners in the race, it may be worth siding with Prince Tam who has won 4 times (class 4 handicap chase twice and class 5 handicap Chase twice) at this distance here at Newcastle on ground varying from heavy to good. Last 4 races have been at Class 4 level and today's drop in grade to class 5 will suit. Usual jockey on board 5lb claimer Gary Rutherford who has won on board Prince Tam around here.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February Not sure how if connections will go for tactics in this race as waiting tactics never worked last time out, the form on his last run might read 7th BUT the 5yr old still ran a pretty good race. He runs tonight off a handy weight has a pretty fair chance draw and its hard not to see him out the first 3 home, on a down side - 17 runs with only 1 win, but that tally should be higher, jockey K.Manning returns for yet another stab at getting a win out him, he's not done any steering since last July and bids for a first time win on him. He's no stranger to the track and running off a weight of 9-2 i have him down as having a chance to add another win on his CV. 19:50 Dundalk - Alghanem. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 7/1 Boylesports, 6/1 Paddy power ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 2.50 Kempton - Zelkova Island @ 9/2 w/ bet365 3 pounds better of than when 2nd in December, proven with the distance and ground should be fine. Should be reasonably fresh not run for a few weeks but no lenghty absence. not the strongest race and is very winnable, horse upped in class also with connections obviously confident of a good run with a stong jockey booking. hard to back against anything McCoys on at the moment, and as long as he gives the horse every chance he should win will double with my boy paddy 3.10@bangor 7/2 w/ bet 365 £10 double pays £247.50 :cigar

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 3.10 Bangor jolly boys outing ew @ 25/1 BetVictor This horse was still going well when getting hampered and coming down last time out but I thought he travelled well into the race to that point. His last 2 runs have been encouraging on heavy ground considering his best efforts have come on a sound surface and he is slowly coming down the handicap. He is 5lbs lower than when finishing runner up in a better race at Exeter last year and he proved that day he stays this trip. All of his best runs have come at Towcester so this very different track is a worry but Ben Poste gets on well with him. Rosemary Gasson has a very good record for a small trainer and this horse could sneak into the places.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 1.10 Kempton - Seventh Sky @ 17/2 Betvictor Gone downhill since debut in January 2012, ran averagely LTO at Haydock however is 5lb lower here with 3lb claimer Gavin Sheehan on board. What is interesting to note is that when riding for Charlie Mann over hurdles in the last 5 years, Sheehan is 12-39 (31% s/r) and shows a health profit of £44. Hopefully we will see a return to form today in a pretty average race.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 1610 kempton 1pt win mister malt 11/10 betvic im a big fan of alistair whillans who trained this horse before it was sold to jp mcmannus, whillans only had the chance to race this horse once and it mad a big impression finishing behind a henderson horse which is on its way to cheltenham,,now with jj oneil and if more improvement can be had, will surely run a big race

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February *Media Jury > Wolverhampton 8:30 > WIN @ 7/1 Stanjames BOG* Won over C+D two runs back and had to do it the hard way aswell, going wide the whole way round. Only 2 pounds higher today so could be able to strike again, and was not all that far back in 4th here last time.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 3:25 Kempton - Champion Court - Back Only 3 go to post here and although these races can produce strange results, I can't see past the favourite here. He ran an absolute screamer in the King George from the front and although he tired late on, he proved his tactical versatility and should be good enough to get back to winning ways here 1pt win @ 1/3 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 215 Kempton: Nozic 7/2 Corals Backed this one last week but unfortunately was withdrawn, that in fact was a much deeper race than this so have to follow the old boy again. Seems to have rekindled his old form since switching back to this trip and despite his age is very well handicapped on some of his form, his mark of 121 looks very fair and suits these flat tracks, has no worries about the ground and should be thereabouts in this company.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February Kempton 4.00 - Pete The Feat 1pts win 9/4 Betfred A horse at the top of his game right now rattled off 5 victories before running a useful third in a good race at Warwick. This should be an easier task and if he comes here in the same heart as of late will surely be the one they have to beat.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 3.45 Bangor - 1pt win Swaledale Lad @ 8/1 (Bet365) This wouldn't be a very strong affair and Richard Ford's runner has shown enough to me to suggest he can take a race of this nature. He has been hampered by his tendency to take a keen hold but has twice finished second over hurdles and conditions should be good for him today. His handicap/seasonal debut this year saw him make some nice progress in the latter stages of the contest before backing out of things and just suggested that he was a horse in need of the run. In an attempt to combat his exuberance he was sent to the front at Doncaster last time and ran okay for a long way prior to weakening. That was in a stronger contest than this and the smaller field today (also lacking in obvious pace) should see him be able to dominate a bit better. This track ought to suit the front-runner a bit better as well (should suit him regardless of tactics) and he's been dropped 3lbs. The form of the Doncaster race looks pretty solid and there have been nibbles of support this morning for this one so I'm quietly confident of a big run.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 1.50 Newcastle Dingo Bay 2/1 Paddy Power The improving 7yo is totally capable of destrying this lot, a course winner last time with little fuss, the step up in distance will only improve again against so lifeless plodders. Off 76..He is a 90 plus horse, I fully expect to see an avalanche of money, going off near evens today. So indulge on a 5 star nap, at 2/1..They will pay on this today.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 8.30 WOLVERHAMPTON (A.W.) MONSIEUR PONTAVEN 1 pt Win @3/1 >Bet365 #BOG Back on 7f he should be definitely one of the favourites. Last race was excusable for the very hard ground and the distance (1m 1f), he'll run with the same mark when third at 8/1 on CD in the first race of the year. Tudhope kept the mount as his pairing with trainer Bastiman is simply brilliant (11 wins, 16% SR +£22.46 lsp). The stall is a little bit wide but he'll finish anyway close for sure imho.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February

1.50 Newcastle Dingo Bay 2/1 Paddy Power The improving 7yo is totally capable of destrying this lot, a course winner last time with little fuss, the step up in distance will only improve again against so lifeless plodders. Off 76..He is a 90 plus horse, I fully expect to see an avalanche of money, going off near evens today. So indulge on a 5 star nap, at 2/1..They will pay on this today.
WD all, yes he was well Handicapped today, will probably be off 86 next time, close to his limit, but would follow again given the right conditions. He got a bit lonely and tired after the last after going 5 lens up...But the 2nd has banged in a right run here, when you think on his day he is rated mid 90's...and probably run close to that today...Maybe one to follow given similar conditions next time. A winner is a winner anyhow.

2.50 Kempton - Zelkova Island @ 9/2 w/ bet365 3 pounds better of than when 2nd in December, proven with the distance and ground should be fine. Should be reasonably fresh not run for a few weeks but no lenghty absence. not the strongest race and is very winnable, horse upped in class also with connections obviously confident of a good run with a stong jockey booking. hard to back against anything McCoys on at the moment, and as long as he gives the horse every chance he should win will double with my boy paddy 3.10@bangor 7/2 w/ bet 365 £10 double pays £247.50 :cigar
Always sounds/looks easy, but winning money aint.

215 Kempton: Nozic 7/2 Corals Backed this one last week but unfortunately was withdrawn, that in fact was a much deeper race than this so have to follow the old boy again. Seems to have rekindled his old form since switching back to this trip and despite his age is very well handicapped on some of his form, his mark of 121 looks very fair and suits these flat tracks, has no worries about the ground and should be thereabouts in this company.
She gave him a peach of a ride.

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 8.30 WOLVER~HOLD THE STAR 0.5 E/W 22/1 SJ~ Not overly keen on backing Ann Stokell trained & ridden runners but this one looks overpriced at 22's a winner at 100/1 of a maiden in June here over CD which a fair few in that race have came out and won since. Has run here three times this year best of which was a 3rd in this grade over CD a 1lb less here tonight and im expecting a decent run from the horse.

1610 kempton 1pt win mister malt 11/10 betvic im a big fan of alistair whillans who trained this horse before it was sold to jp mcmannus, whillans only had the chance to race this horse once and it mad a big impression finishing behind a henderson horse which is on its way to cheltenham,,now with jj oneil and if more improvement can be had, will surely run a big race
I think you meant Master Malt in the 16.30 ;)

8.30 WOLVER~HOLD THE STAR 0.5 E/W 22/1 SJ~ Not overly keen on backing Ann Stokell trained & ridden runners but this one looks overpriced at 22's a winner at 100/1 of a maiden in June here over CD which a fair few in that race have came out and won since. Has run here three times this year best of which was a 3rd in this grade over CD a 1lb less here tonight and im expecting a decent run from the horse.
Remember this one very well indeed. Was meant to have a full point on it but as the price was so high I put only 0.30 of a point on it. Better than nothing you'd say..... but sadly I got cold feet and laid part of the 0.30pt in play at 100.0 and another chunk at 5.0........ ARGH. What should have been a massive 190pt profit or so ended up being around 66 or so in the end. Still the biggest win i've had to date and i hope Hold The Star comes in for you today Ted. Good luck

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February Time to wrap up for me with 2 bets still to play out. Congrats to Primevil, Billy Hills, Bathtime for rupert & Bazzafazza on their winners today. :ok Bazzafazza sits at 80% S/R with 4 of 5 and the 5th being a 2nd FFS! So far 14/1-1st, 5/1-1st, 6/1 E/W-1st, 3/1-2nd & 9/2 E/W-1st. Well done mate...... speechless. Winners: :clap Primevil 2/1 Billy Hills 7/2 Bathtime For Rupert 8/1 Bazzafazza 9/2 E/W E/W Placings: 2nd: None 3rd: None 4th: None Placings 2nd: Corky 11/10, Fintron 11/4 3rd: None Still to run: Aidymac 7/1 Ted the wolf 22/1 E/W Aidymac & Ted the wolf again have chosen the last race on the cards. Good luck guys, perhaps you could manage 1st and an E/W placing so you'd both be happy...

Re: BBOTD Friday 8th February 20.50 Dundalk: Urban Ball, 7/1 Betfred, win Urban Ball has run over c&d three times, being narrowly beaten twice. He should lose his maiden tag sooner rather than later. Trainer is in good form and he has a good record with the jockey. El Salvador is a short price favourite and is worth taking on on his a/w debut. He also has to give five pounds to the selection and has a long absence to overcome.