Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southampton v Everton (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I know this will be a contentious subject but I think Southampton on a + handicap offers some value here. Taking nothing away from Everton, they have at times this season played extremely well. But it's the fact they need so many chances to win, which makes them poor value here IMO. Southampton are not purely relegation fodder, and technically they are as good as anyone in the league. I'm happy to lay Everton here in some form as I wouldn't give them such a strong chance of winning. Both to score is another option.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Out of all the games over next weekend, this is the one that smacks of a draw.....However no decision can be made with 7 days to go, and team news crucial, who knows what will happen in the transfer market between now and then.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Simple stat. Everton lead the way in BTTS matches this season. Home and Away. At home their games have both teams scoring 9 of 11 games (82%) 2 clean sheets (18%) goals scored 17 conceded 12. Away Everton have a similar record (9 of 11 games BTTS) scored 18 conceded 14 1 clean sheet. Their last 8 away games have resulted in BTTS. Saints at home have BTTS 64% of the time or 7 of 11 games (goals for 15 and against 14). Away they are 70% BTTS or 7 of 10 games (13 goals for 24 against) These are consistent stats, and really indicate an open style of playing soccer. These stats are more consistent than OVER/UNDER stats for these teams. Odds for BTTS are not spectacular at 8/13 on bet365. To me it's a rock solid bet, bordering on banker worth at least 6 or 7 units.

Oppose Southampton. There are bound to be protests. The players will be flat, the ground will be flat and so will the crowd. Absolute joke team and an embarrassment. Playing some of the best football in the division - this is quite possibly the worst decision I have ever witnessed.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January

Oppose Southampton. There are bound to be protests. The players will be flat, the ground will be flat and so will the crowd. Absolute joke team and an embarrassment. Playing some of the best football in the division - this is quite possibly the worst decision I have ever witnessed.
Really enjoyed watching Southampton last few weeks and i just dont understand what has gone on there! What more could the man do winning at villa and a great point at Chelsea! I fancied a draw before this crazy announcement now im thinking an Everton win @ 21/20 which i would happily back now as along with this crazy decision, they are unbeaten in there last 4 away games having won there last 2

Really enjoyed watching Southampton last few weeks and i just dont understand what has gone on there! What more could the man do winning at villa and a great point at Chelsea! I fancied a draw before this crazy announcement now im thinking an Everton win @ 21/20 which i would happily back now as along with this crazy decision' date=' they are unbeaten in there last 4 away games having won there last 2[/quote'] The Toffees are evens??! Wow! We must have been a cracking bet before this announcement. Hopefully the players aren't taking this as badly as I am or we r fecked!! Clearly the sensible thing to do now is sit out.... Before the news I'd have gone 2/1 your choice of the 12X

The Toffees are evens??! Wow! We must have been a cracking bet before this announcement. Hopefully the players aren't taking this as badly as I am or we r fecked!! Clearly the sensible thing to do now is sit out.... Before the news I'd have gone 2/1 your choice of the 12X
Yep, unfortunately this game is now totally up in the air so no bet is the only option.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January 4pts Everton to beat Southampton 21/20 Ladbrokes Things clearly aren’t going to be rosy inside St Mary’s in this game and it could be that the protests in the stands affect the players on the pitch for Southampton. Manager changes often have a positive effect but that is when teams are struggling and I get the feeling this one might not begin well. Everton haven’t been the best at winning matches recently but they can take advantage of the unrest and win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/southampton-vs-everton-betting-everton-can-take-advantage-of-strange-sacking-of-nigel-adkins

I'm leaving this game now. Before the extraordinary sacking of Nigel Adkins I was strongly in favour of Southampton but that decision has thrown this game wide open IMO. On one hand I don't think the players will be too effected. They were on a decent run prior to recent developments, and I think the natural assumption is that the players will all be down and be less motivated, or not want to play for the new manager. But I just don't think the players will be like that, and they'll just get on with things. On the other hand we have Everton and their style of play. They create too much and need twice as many chances as other sides around them in order to score. So it's a no bet for me, although both to score is an obvious choice. There are just too many uncertainties to be able to make a confident selection, but GL to anyone that does have a wager on this game :ok

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January I think Everton will have too much for Southampton tonight. Southampton have been pretty poor up until recently which makes the sacking of the manager a bit bizarre. If it was someone like Steve Bruce or along those lines then I think the players would respond to that but I doubt many of them have even heard of this fella before. In the reverse fixture at Goodison, Southampton played right into Everton's hands by coming out with an attacking game. After fortunately taking the lead, Everton stepped up the gears for 20 minutes and blew them away. Mirallas has traveled and if we can get him on for a decent period then I reckon the same will happen as with the reverse fixture. Where Everton eventually end up this season, I believe, will have a lot to do with how much Mirallas gets on the field.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January David Moyes does not expect Kevin Mirallas to be fit in time for Monday's trip to Southampton but hopes to have the Belgian back in contention for next weekend's FA Cup trip to Bolton. The Scot is also likely to be without Dutchman John Heitinga for the journey to the south coast with the defender still nursing a niggling problem that has seen him miss the Blues' last two games. A persistent hamstring complaint means Mirallas has featured just once since mid-November. But Moyes hopes to see the 25-year-old former Olympiakos man back in full training sometime next week. Asked for an update on the fitness of both players, the Toffees chief said: "They’re getting much closer and hopefully we'll have them back, certainly if it’s not for this game it will be in the next week or two." Everton will also be missing Tony Hibbert (calf) and Darron Gibson (thigh) for the clash at St Mary's but Moyes remains confident his team can pick up a fourth successive victory on the road. "We've had some good results," he said. "We'd like to have more and if we want to continue to hover near the top end [of the league] we're going to have to try to continue to get some good results. “It's important to try to pick up points away from home when we can. In the last couple of games we've done quite well and we've got to try to do that again." Heitenga wont make much diffrence here. Team will be for efc. Howard Coleman Distan Jakielka Bains Neville Anoichabe Osman Pienaar Fellani Jelavic A banker win for EFC here, for the first time in a very long time they drew a blank against Swansea, but created plenty to win the game, but in the process keeping Swansea down to only 1 or 2 chances. The saints will be in dissary here, Fans on the club back..Players will be on a low, EFC will go for the throat here from the off. Just about the best 11/10 shot this year...Double max bet here on EFC, rare for these opportunities to come around.:nana

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Or else the new manager could have the opposite effect, and Southampton could be terrific. You don't know how the players are going to react to the new manager, they have only lost 2 of their last 12 league games, it certainly won't be a walk in the park like your suggesting.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Everton @ 2.05 sportsbet Southampton on a decent run of form as they have 1 win and 4 draws from their last 5 EPL games but then they go and sack their coach, so not too sure how the players will be able to adjust to the new coach's way of doing things. The fans will be pretty loud and vocal against the directors and that is likely to have some effect on the players. Everton also in good form as they have won 4 and drawn 2 of their last 7 EPL games, and they managed a rare clean sheet against Swansea last week. They have won their last two away games at Newcastle and West Ham, winning both games 2-1 and can see a similar result here. They beat Southamton 3-1 at home earlier in the season and seem to have too many better players across the park for Soton, who have played well up until now, but the drama off the field is likely to hamper their preparations and hence, their performance on the field 67-147 (-45.91)

Or else the new manager could have the opposite effect, and Southampton could be terrific. You don't know how the players are going to react to the new manager, they have only lost 2 of their last 12 league games, it certainly won't be a walk in the park like your suggesting.
For a team that is going for a 4th straight win on the road, against a side that has had a far from seamless week, the odds against is far too much, the bookies will pay big time tonight. As for the players, yes they will turn up, but thats about all they will do. I will tell you this will certainly be a walk in the park. EFC by at least 2 goals. Go against them tonight at your peril, at the end of the day we are talking about a potential champions league team, versus a potential Championship team, after last weeks events.

For a team that is going for a 4th straight win on the road, against a side that has had a far from seamless week, the odds against is far too much, the bookies will pay big time tonight. As for the players, yes they will turn up, but thats about all they will do. I will tell you this will certainly be a walk in the park. EFC by at least 2 goals. Go against them tonight at your peril, at the end of the day we are talking about a potential champions league team, versus a potential Championship team, after last weeks events.
Southampton came from 2-0 down at stamford bridge to draw 2-2. Chelsea aren't a potential champions league, side, they are the champions league holders. And don't write posts in bold writing, Rio.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January An interesting point is that Southampton have not won at home to any of the teams above them in the league (4 draws and 3 losses). In fact, all of their wins this season have been against teams currently below them in the table. Everton have also lost only 2 games out of 11 away from home this season. To me this points to a lay of Southampton, however given the recent shock news at St.Marys, odds of over evens are just too tasty for me to turn down. 5 pts Everton to win, 2.04 @ Paddy Power

An interesting point is that Southampton have not won at home to any of the teams above them in the league (4 draws and 3 losses). In fact, all of their wins this season have been against teams currently below them in the table. Everton have also lost only 2 games out of 11 away from home this season. To me this points to a lay of Southampton, however given the recent shock news at St.Marys, odds of over evens are just too tasty for me to turn down. 5 pts Everton to win, 2.04 @ Paddy Power
Sorry - these were the odds I took this morning. Just double checked, and odds have come in slightly to 2.00.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Southampton v Everton – Everton win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.00 Bet365 Southampton have picked up of late and have had some decent results. However these have mainly been against the lesser sides with home wins against Newcastle and Reading and draws with Fulham, Norwich and Stoke. Out of the top teams to visit ST Marys this season United and Spurs both picked up wins while covering this line and I can see Everton doing something similar tonight. Apart from their last home game against Swansea, Everton have scored and conceded in their last 16 league games so they are usually good for goals. They have covered this line winning their last 2 away games against Newcastle and West Ham. Despite a reasonable away record with 4 wins so far Everton have only kept one clean sheet away all season in a 3 nil win at Swansea. I think Everton can take advantage of the management situation and come away with a win tonight but I also think we should see some goals in the process.

Southampton v Everton – Everton win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.00 Bet365 Southampton have picked up of late and have had some decent results. However these have mainly been against the lesser sides with home wins against Newcastle and Reading and draws with Fulham, Norwich and Stoke. Out of the top teams to visit ST Marys this season United and Spurs both picked up wins while covering this line and I can see Everton doing something similar tonight. Apart from their last home game against Swansea, Everton have scored and conceded in their last 16 league games so they are usually good for goals. They have covered this line winning their last 2 away games against Newcastle and West Ham. Despite a reasonable away record with 4 wins so far Everton have only kept one clean sheet away all season in a 3 nil win at Swansea. I think Everton can take advantage of the management situation and come away with a win tonight but I also think we should see some goals in the process.
I agree with the goals but how many? 3.5+ is not that good, around 2/1, my prediction 3-0, 3-1, 4-1

Everton to score 2 or more @ 10/11. I reckon Everton will win this, even before the sacking of Nigel Adkins i still thought they would nick it by the odd goal. With the sacking which i think is crazy, i think Southampton will struggle to stay in the league come the end of the season now. Everton have scored in every away game but 1 when they lost 2-0 at west brom, they have scored 2 or more goals in 7 of there 13 away games this season. Im taking this bet as i think the 2-2 draw is very possible aswell which would also make this bet a winner

Everton to score 2 or more @ 10/11. I reckon Everton will win this, even before the sacking of Nigel Adkins i still thought they would nick it by the odd goal. With the sacking which i think is crazy, i think Southampton will struggle to stay in the league come the end of the season now. Everton have scored in every away game but 1 when they lost 2-0 at west brom, they have scored 2 or more goals in 7 of there 13 away games this season. Im taking this bet as i think the 2-2 draw is very possible aswell which would also make this bet a winner
Hi mate, who's offering that bet at those odds by chance? I fancy it.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January First goalscorer: Jelavic 11/2 with Betvictor. Wincast: Jelavic/Everton 3/1 with 888Sport Bit risky this one and based more on feeling rather than anything else. Jelavic hasn't scored in the Prem for 7 matches but did score a brace against this team in the reverse fixture earlier in the season. I think Everton will win this one as they are a much stronger team and I can't help but think that the New Manager syndrome won't come in to play here. A lot of these players have played for Adkins for a while, and may feel a little lost/cheated after the unfair dismissal of their old boss. Yes, I know these are professionals and supposed to just get on with things, but I just think tonight won't be a good night for the Saints. Small stakes for interest.

Southampton v Everton – Everton win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.00 Bet365 Southampton have picked up of late and have had some decent results. However these have mainly been against the lesser sides with home wins against Newcastle and Reading and draws with Fulham, Norwich and Stoke. Out of the top teams to visit ST Marys this season United and Spurs both picked up wins while covering this line and I can see Everton doing something similar tonight. Apart from their last home game against Swansea, Everton have scored and conceded in their last 16 league games so they are usually good for goals. They have covered this line winning their last 2 away games against Newcastle and West Ham. Despite a reasonable away record with 4 wins so far Everton have only kept one clean sheet away all season in a 3 nil win at Swansea. I think Everton can take advantage of the management situation and come away with a win tonight but I also think we should see some goals in the process.
I'm liking this bet although bet365 only offer this bet as 2 singles, unless it is hidden somewhere else?

Southampton v Everton – Everton win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.00 Bet365 Southampton have picked up of late and have had some decent results. However these have mainly been against the lesser sides with home wins against Newcastle and Reading and draws with Fulham, Norwich and Stoke. Out of the top teams to visit ST Marys this season United and Spurs both picked up wins while covering this line and I can see Everton doing something similar tonight.
Yes, and Arsenal visited and the game ended 1-1. All three of these games featured Southampton as a dog of 4.0 or better (against Spurs the odds tightened considerably, so S'hampton kicked off at 3.75). As a dog of better than 4.0 away, Southampton have gone 1-3-6 (7 over, 3 under). Everton have been away against a dog of better than 4.0 three times: They won 1-2 at Newcastle, drew 2-2 at Wigan and lost 2-1 at Reading. So I'd agree that overs seem a better shout than Everton to win. But all their games have been competitive...

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Everton are largely on the drift here. I gotta say that surely in-play will have to be the call to see how things pan out. Everton have been superb at times this season and really outplayed opponents. On the other hand, Pochettino is highly rated; too simplistic to think the players will be in disarray, it would take a bit more than that. Don't really fancy Everton at evens but at around 2.3, I might be interested, but I'd like to see how Saints are setting up first. A draw is distinctly possible here for me.