Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January

Aidymac

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January

Southampton v Everton – Everton win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.00 Bet365 Southampton have picked up of late and have had some decent results. However these have mainly been against the lesser sides with home wins against Newcastle and Reading and draws with Fulham, Norwich and Stoke. Out of the top teams to visit ST Marys this season United and Spurs both picked up wins while covering this line and I can see Everton doing something similar tonight. Apart from their last home game against Swansea, Everton have scored and conceded in their last 16 league games so they are usually good for goals. They have covered this line winning their last 2 away games against Newcastle and West Ham. Despite a reasonable away record with 4 wins so far Everton have only kept one clean sheet away all season in a 3 nil win at Swansea. I think Everton can take advantage of the management situation and come away with a win tonight but I also think we should see some goals in the process.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January * Everton have had more shots away from home than any other team in the big five European leagues this season * Southampton have the lowest saves-to-shots ratio in the Premier League this season * Everton have gone 8 games in the league away from home without a clean sheet * Everton have lost just one of their last nine Premier League games away from home (W3,D5,L1) * 9 of Evertons last 16 matches have ended as draws, while the other 7 have all ended with a 2-1 scoreline * Everton have scored the highest percentage of first half goals in the top flight this season (57%) This looks like a fair price on Everton to me considering what has just happened to Southampton regarding the change in manager. It may be that it galvanises the team but I think it will work against them tonight. From the stats listed above we can see that Everton like to pepper the goal with shots and score plenty of goals in the first half. I can see this happening again tonight as Everton will look to get straight at them and then the nerves and uncertainty will creep in. I don't see this being a walkover for Everton but I can see them winning a hard fought game with Southampton only having lost 2 of their last 12 league games. 2pts Everton (2) @ 2.00 StanJames 1pt EVE/EVE @ 3.50 BetVictor 0.5pts Correct Score (1-2) @ 9.00 StanJames

Yes' date=' and Arsenal visited and the game ended 1-1. All three of these games featured Southampton as a dog[/quote'] I intentionally left Arsenal out as I'm not classing them as a top side :ok

I got the draw at 3.57' date=' but it's down to 3.42 at 5Dimes. I think 1-1 is a very conceivable result, given their solid defense at home (six straight unders) and Everton's propensity for draws.[/quote'] Top stuff :clap:clap Fair play. I really couldn't see Saints putting in as good as performance as that with everything that has gone on. They really could have been out of sight in the first half.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Mon 21st January Is Primevil actually Rio? I've never known someone who apparently doesn't support us to be so biased for us! On the game, Saints could have been 2 or 3 up by half-time but over the 90 minutes I think it was a fair result. The return of Kevin Mirallas is huge for us because it opens up a right side currently crippled by that crab Naismith. Awful player. Right now teams who do their homework like Swansea and Southampton know you only have to focus on our left to stop most of our attacks.

For a team that is going for a 4th straight win on the road, against a side that has had a far from seamless week, the odds against is far too much, the bookies will pay big time tonight. As for the players, yes they will turn up, but thats about all they will do. I will tell you this will certainly be a walk in the park. EFC by at least 2 goals. Go against them tonight at your peril, at the end of the day we are talking about a potential champions league team, versus a potential Championship team, after last weeks events.
Good lad. Might quieten ya for a while. :eyes