Australian Open 2013

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2013 Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near either the match line or the handicap. Cirstea has been poor this season so far, and I think her win over Li Na at Wimbledon last year was a bit of a freak result. I could be wrong, but I can't see past an easy win for Li Na. Good luck if you decide to take her on.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Almagro N. - Janowicz J. Fighter Almagro will face here the hot Janowicz. But Janowicz is struggling sometimes this tournament. In the second round against Devvarman he must fight very hard after a 0-2 stand. Almagro had a very hard first round against Johnson, but stand his man on the moments. We all know Almagro love at most to play on clay. But during the last years he have very good stats on hardcourt in Major Tournaments. 39-26 during the last 3 years. Janowicz is raising the last year. Serving very well, but i think his game can better. He can play very good points, but one or two games later he can struggling a lot. But he is young and can grow up. Only i think for this match he missing some quality to beat Almagro. I think for Almagro it will not easy to break Janowicz, but every set he create some chances in my eyes. If the big fighter stand his man on the points and i think he can Janowicz beat in 3 or 4 sets. I will add two bets on this match, but i don't like only to play the moneyline here for Almagro. I will give a other little chance to the set handicap. 2/10 Almagro to win @ 1.48 Pinnacle 1/10 Almagro -1.5 set @ 1.99 12Bet 1/10 Donskoy +2.5 sets tb. Nishikori @ 1.96 Pinnacle Donskoy showing some great form the last weeks, great talented player. And we see during this tournament, that it will hard for Nishikori to dominate a whole match. I see some good chances for Donskoy to take at least one set. 1.5/10 Wawrinka tb. Querrey @ 1.70 Pinnacle This will more a bet against Querrey. Last round i was playing Baker +2.5 sets and i that set we saw not a great Querrey. Wawrinka is from a other niveau and i think i will a hard match for both. But Querrey must be play better than the last match if he want to win this. 2/10 Verdasco tb. Anderson @ 2.27 Pinnacle Anderson is on fire the last weeks, but Verdasco playing well the first to rounds. Also i like what i say the last round, Verdasco stays his man in matches like this and i will put another bet on him.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Last one for me today. WTA Australian Open - Venus Williams to beat Maria Sharapova @ 5.00 Betfair Sharapova hasn't even dropped a game yet in this tournament, so on the face of it this looks doomed before it even starts. Perversely though, this is one of the reasons why I want to get involved. I opposed her in her first match of this tournament on the basis that it was also her first match of the season, and her serene progress so far has meant that she hasn't had to break sweat yet and she hasn't been tested. I can't help but think that she could have done with at least one tough match before facing Williams, as although Williams has also reached this stage easily, she had some difficult matches at the Hopman Cup to sharpen her fighting instincts. On hard courts, the h2h favours Williams, although they haven't met on the surface for over 3 years. They did meet once last season on clay in Rome, but at that time I don't think Williams was as fit or healthy as she appears to be now. She finished last season well, she's started this season well, and she looks to me to be highly motivated and confident. She is a tough competitor, and I think she can push Sharapova hard in this match. I wouldn't be that surprised to see her get the win, and continue her return towards to top of the women's game.

Re: Australian Open 2013 2.5/10 Simon to beat Monfils @ 1.67 WH This will more a bet against Monfils for next night. He is busy with a good comeback, but it will hard for his fitness. Against Lu we saw a Monfils that was struggling with this one after 2 sets and i think it will hard for him to win here against Simon who will play long rally's and bring every ball back. 1/10 Tomic - Federer over 3.5 sets @ 2.16 Betsson Give it a little chance with Tomic in good form the last weeks. I hope Federer will struggling sometimes when Tomic can hold is own servicegames. 3/10 Almagro to beat Tipsarevic @ 1.85 Pinnacle (EARLY) Clear bet for me with this odds. Almagro playing well against Jano last night. Tipsarevic was struggling again and must play another 5-setter. I think fighter Almagro will win this and i will take it before odds dropping.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Finally have some time off to properly watch tennis. Seppi vs Cilic OVER 37.5 games @ 4/5 (Paddy Power:4pts) Think this will be a 4 setter at least. Cilic is worthy favourite but they've had some tough matches in the past and you can see why with Seppi being steadier with less weapons, whereas Cilic has the weapons but plays a risky game that can desert him for spells. Seppi had a right old battle in Istomin in the heat and came through but the lad is pretty fit and playing well so I'd say he has loads in the tank to make this tough for Cilic. If Seppi can win a set then this line should have a chance at being covered. I'll take it. Federer -6.5 games vs Tomic @ 1.85 (Bwin:4pts) Can't see past Roger doing this pretty comfortably. Tough tough match-up for someone like Tomic whose movement is not great. Federer has beaten him well in the past and I expect him to dominate this one again. Federer's serve is more reliable and he should get some looks on Tomic's serve. Going with the great man to win with a bit to spare. Kohlschreiber to bt Raonic @ 2.310 (Pinnacle:2pts) This one looks like a 50:50 to me, you could make a case for either player imo and my first thought was to back the underdog whoever it is as I expect this to be close so there would be value somewhere. Raonic we all know will be hard to break, he was broken once by Rosol in the last round and once by Hajek in rd 1 which went to 4 sets. I wouldnt say he's playing quite as well as he was at times last year but he's still a very difficult opponent at the best of times. Kohli is very inconsistent but on his day he is quality and he's in good shape right now getting to the final in Auckland losing to Ferrer and winning 2 rounds here pretty easily, easy competition so far though. I think this will be a 4 or 5 setter tbh and can see Kohli getting chances to win this. Some of the sets will surely be decided by a point here or there, I'm willing to go on Kohli slightly above 2.30 in what I see as a tough match. He did take down Isner at the US Open so he can beat the big serving machines. :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Milos Raonic for a 3/10 stake at 2.37 with Pinnacle Going with the bigger price here, just as I did with Kohli against Querrey a few days ago. I still think that Kohli has the right mix for playing against the powerful guys and, if he could deal with Querrey so easily, I think that he might be able to deal with Raonic as well. The Canadian has never been great in Grand Slams so far and I think that he will struggle once again if this goes to the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kohlschreiber-vs-raonic-betting-philipp-kohlschreiber-looks-value-against-the-talented-canadian Back Ivan Dodig (+2.5 sets) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 3/10 stake at 2.44 with Pinnacle My first bet against Gasquet lost, but going with the same choice again nevertheless. Dodig works hard and should be a tricky match-up for the Frenchman, as he will be able to surprise him with a few aggressive options as well. Gasquet is rarely to be trusted when it comes to easy victories and I would not have this above 2.20 really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dodig-vs-gasquet-betting-ivan-dodig-to-fight-hard-against-the-frenchman-in-melbourne Back A.Seppi/M.Cilic - Over 37.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power This should be a real cracker and I just cannot see either guy winning this in straight sets, so this line should get covered more often than not. Seppi had an epic against Istomin, but he was way too good in the decider and he will like his chances against Cilic, since he has already beaten him a couple of times. The Croat might be the slightly better player of the two, but he hasn't been tested yet and that might be a bit of a problem. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/seppi-vs-cilic-betting-a-tough-match-seems-to-be-on-the-cards-for-the-two-talented-players

Re: Australian Open 2013 Rather than bombard you with selections that generally end up losing, I am planning on writing a few words each day on the card. Once I actually start finding some winners, I'll share them! Day six at the Open For us punters based in Europe, there's nothing better than an all-nighter after work on the Friday night/Saturday morning watching the games. For this, I'd recommend a good stock of lager. My choice of tipple right now isn't actually European - it's Quilmes, a nice, light, crisp number from Argentina - and it does the job properly. It'll match up well with Juan Martin Del Potro's clash with Jeremy Chardy. I'd always take a Quilmes over a Kronenbourg and in this clash, you'd be pretty off your rocker to back the Frenchman over the Argentine. Del Potro massacred him last year on an American hard court in straights and it would be a surprise if he doesn't defeat Chardy convincingly in this one. For Chardy to stay competitive, it's all about his serve. If Delpo gets a read on it, he's toast in the rallies. Odds, of course, are very short, as they should be. Another Frenchman, Richard Gasquet, has a far better chance of progression. Ivan Dodig can be a tricky opponent, as he serves big and likes to lace his shots with power, but that could be counterproductive in this match-up. Gasquet likes to sit quite far behind the baseline and feeds off the power from there and adds the angle. He's more susceptible when he plays craftier players who use angles more in their shot-making. A lot of people thought Richard would stumble against Alejandro Falla, but he was very mature in his approach there and did the job cosily. It's also worth noting that Dodig played a gruelling five-setter against Jarkko Nieminen, and isn't famous for his fitness. On the topic of a straightforward win for a Frog, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga should have little problem with Blaz Kavcic. Although JWT isn't at his best, Kavcic can't hurt him. I'd be surprised if the Slovenian survives the heat, let alone Tsonga, after he needed a drip following his choke-a-thon with James Duckworth. Andreas Seppi v Marin Cilic does have the pungent whiff of an overs encounter, although I think Cilic is the likelier winner, having had less time on court. He's actually looked decent enough this week; surprising considering he's normally good for a few dropped sets in the early rounds. I like Seppi (Mrs Atko calls him the South Tyrolean Sex Machine - I don't totally agree with that synopsis) but he's not a man I envisage making the second week of the Australian Open. Andy Murray should be too strong for Ricardas Berankis, but don't be surprised if the wee Lithuanian puts in a spirited performance, while Milos Raonic and Philipp Kohlschreiber could play out a long one in their match. Kohli said before the season started that he would be a more focused beast in 2013 and that promise has been upheld thus far. He's the underdog against Raonic, who isn't as good as his hype suggests. If his serve goes, he's bang average off the ground. Kohli took out big John Isner at the US Open last year, so he can deal with tall fellas. He's an uneasy favourite. Night session for the men looks good. Gilles Simon ought to beat Gael Monfils on grounds of fitness and consistency, while Bernard Tomic puts his unbeaten 2013 record on the line against Roger Federer. Fed schooled him here last year. Might be a smidgen tougher this time round, but Tomic is still a bit slappy off the deck and Federer may just have too much class about him. Good luck whatever you play :ok

Re: Australian Open 2013 [h=4]WTA Australian Open R3[/h]S. Stephens - L. Robson - Pick S. Stephens @ 1.629 - Pinnacle Sports (3/10) S. Stephens - L. Robson - Pick S. Stephens (-3) @ 1.990 - Pinnacle Sports (1/10) 1. Stephens leads H2H with Robson 1-0 and she has just won with the Brit a week ago in Hobart 6-4, 7-6 (the price for the American was 1.54) 2. Robson made 41 Unforced Errors in the last match and 30 in the first round against Oudin, Stephens had 21 in 2nd round and 12 in 1st 3. Robson had 4 double faults in the first round and 12!!!! in the second, Stephens had 4 and 5 consecutively 4. Robson was struggling against Kvitova who was in very poor form I think that taking all the above into account there is a good chance of a similar result or better to what happened a week ago in Hobart. Cheers, Mark

Re: Australian Open 2013 I've decided to contribute to the thread. I've been having a good grand slam run again with a 17.1% ROI since the start of the Australian Open. My thoughts for tonights games: G. Simon (-3.5 games) vs. G. Monfils - 2.13 @ Pinnacle Sports (5 units) I'm backing Simon to win with a handicap for various reasons. Monfils is a strong player who will go through periods of strength however fitness and inconsistency will hopefully see this bet come in. Monfils dropped a set 6-0 to Lu in the last match and Simon will put just as much pressure on him and for the sake of the match Monfils may need to tank a set. The H2H stands at 3-1 in Simon's favour so Monfils obviously does not enjoy his style of play, the slower night conditions will also impact. So in conclusion even if Monfils makes this very close/wins this handicap still has a chance of rolling in. J-W. Tsonga (-10 games) vs. B. Kavcic - 2.36 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) After the five set marathon between Kavcic and Duckworth, Kavcic collapsed. I think there will be a retirement in this match but I can see Tsonga winning 6-4 6-2 6-1 against a damaged and tired Kavcic. This is a high line but one worth gambling on I feel. E. Vesnina vs. R. Vinci for Match - 1.813 @ Pinnacle Sports (3 units) Vesnina has been playing very well recently with a 9-1 record for the season; this includes the title in Hobart and the one loss to Radwanska. On this run she's had 5 top 40 wins. Vinci had two straight forward wins so far and will cause problems however the 3-1 H2H and current form have convinced me to take a tilt on this match. S. Stephens vs. L. Robson for Match - 2.54 @ Pinnacle Sports (1.5 units) S. Stephens (+1.5 sets) vs. L. Robson (-1.5 sets) for Match - 4.26 @ Pinnacle Sports (1.5 units) Stephens will be a tough opponent as evidenced by Robson losing in Hobart last week however the match was close and was a first round match so I'm not reading too much into it. There are worrying signs as Robson was also quite erratic against Kvitova. For the positives, Robson has some great grand slam victories recently - Li Na, Clijsters and now Kvitova. If Robson hits form she'll cause Stephens a lot of problems, Stephens has only played 8 left-handers in her career, losing 5 of them. As well as being a left-hander, Robson is also a big-hitter and Stephens recently stated that she didn't like playing against big-hitters. This match could go either way so I think both of these options are good value. I. Dodig/R. Gasquet UNDER 31.5 games - 2.02 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) Dodig recently succeeded in a five setter against Nieminen however I only see problems against Gasquet. The power game of Dodig will not trouble Gasquet too much who will absorb the power and angle it back. Gasquet has never lost at under 1.2 odds at grand slams, he's 18-0. He won 14 in straight sets, covering this under games in 12 of them. I feel that Dodig will tire towards the end and may end up giving away games if 2-0 down. 7-6 6-4 6-2 will be satisfactory and I can see this happening. M. Raonic/P. Kohlschreiber OVER 43.5 games - 2.01 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) Both will hold serve with ease, a real 50/50 match and 4 sets should see this line covered 80-90% of the time in a match like this. Worth a try at over evens. If anyone has anything to add to my post please free to comment.

Re: Australian Open 2013

I've decided to contribute to the thread. I've been having a good grand slam run again with a 17.1% ROI since the start of the Australian Open. My thoughts for tonights games: G. Simon (-3.5 games) vs. G. Monfils - 2.13 @ Pinnacle Sports (5 units) I'm backing Simon to win with a handicap for various reasons. Monfils is a strong player who will go through periods of strength however fitness and inconsistency will hopefully see this bet come in. Monfils dropped a set 6-0 to Lu in the last match and Simon will put just as much pressure on him and for the sake of the match Monfils may need to tank a set. The H2H stands at 3-1 in Simon's favour so Monfils obviously does not enjoy his style of play, the slower night conditions will also impact. So in conclusion even if Monfils makes this very close/wins this handicap still has a chance of rolling in. J-W. Tsonga (-10 games) vs. B. Kavcic - 2.36 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) After the five set marathon between Kavcic and Duckworth, Kavcic collapsed. I think there will be a retirement in this match but I can see Tsonga winning 6-4 6-2 6-1 against a damaged and tired Kavcic. This is a high line but one worth gambling on I feel. E. Vesnina vs. R. Vinci for Match - 1.813 @ Pinnacle Sports (3 units) Vesnina has been playing very well recently with a 9-1 record for the season; this includes the title in Hobart and the one loss to Radwanska. On this run she's had 5 top 40 wins. Vinci had two straight forward wins so far and will cause problems however the 3-1 H2H and current form have convinced me to take a tilt on this match. S. Stephens vs. L. Robson for Match - 2.54 @ Pinnacle Sports (1.5 units) S. Stephens (+1.5 sets) vs. L. Robson (-1.5 sets) for Match - 4.26 @ Pinnacle Sports (1.5 units) Stephens will be a tough opponent as evidenced by Robson losing in Hobart last week however the match was close and was a first round match so I'm not reading too much into it. There are worrying signs as Robson was also quite erratic against Kvitova. For the positives, Robson has some great grand slam victories recently - Li Na, Clijsters and now Kvitova. If Robson hits form she'll cause Stephens a lot of problems, Stephens has only played 8 left-handers in her career, losing 5 of them. As well as being a left-hander, Robson is also a big-hitter and Stephens recently stated that she didn't like playing against big-hitters. This match could go either way so I think both of these options are good value. I. Dodig/R. Gasquet UNDER 31.5 games - 2.02 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) Dodig recently succeeded in a five setter against Nieminen however I only see problems against Gasquet. The power game of Dodig will not trouble Gasquet too much who will absorb the power and angle it back. Gasquet has never lost at under 1.2 odds at grand slams, he's 18-0. He won 14 in straight sets, covering this under games in 12 of them. I feel that Dodig will tire towards the end and may end up giving away games if 2-0 down. 7-6 6-4 6-2 will be satisfactory and I can see this happening. M. Raonic/P. Kohlschreiber OVER 43.5 games - 2.01 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) Both will hold serve with ease, a real 50/50 match and 4 sets should see this line covered 80-90% of the time in a match like this. Worth a try at over evens. If anyone has anything to add to my post please free to comment.
Welcome to PL :ok Good write-ups, hope you find some winners.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Yeah a bit like Atko, no way confident or more importantly comfortable in posing tips at the minute given what's happened. If anyone wants to know them a.k.a the crazy ones, they are welcome to PM me but think it would be wrong of me to post them and encourage others to go along with me. All about beating the bookies and there's enough people on here already that are doing a fine job. GL tonight guys. :ok

Re: Australian Open 2013 Just one tonight ATP Australian Open - Gilles Simon to beat Gael Monfils @ 1.64 >Betfair I went against Simon in his last match against Levine, and despite dropping the first set he won easily enough in the end. He has a good record against Monfils, who only came through his last match in five sets. Fitness might be an issue for Monfils in this match, as he has only just returned to the tour after a lengthy spell out injured. I expect this to be a match too far for him, and for Simon to reach the next round.

Re: Australian Open 2013 I wasn't going to play the Raonic v Kohlschreiber match, but the price on Betfair looks more tempting than it did earlier. ATP Australian Open - Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Milos Raonic @ 2.40 >Betfair I can't add a lot to what's already been said about this match, except to say that I agree that Kohlschreiber should not be such an outsider for this match. Raonic finished last season poorly, and he hasn't made a particularly impressive start to this season either. Kohlschreiber is a better overall player in my opinion, and he's had a really good start to the season. As has already been pointed out, if he can beat a player like Isner in five sets then a similar player like Raonic should hold no fears for him.

Re: Australian Open 2013 2/3 for last night's games. Seppi and Cilic was predictably long, and Federer covered the line in that 3rd set, should have been easier there as Fed wasted tons of bp chances but he got it done in the end. Looks like an easy win for Raonic over Kohli.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Kerber -3.5 games vs Makarova @ 8/11 (Paddy Power:3pts) Like Kerber here, she had a great year last year with major improvements to her game. She leads Makarova 3-2 in the h2h but Kerber's 3 wins came in 2012 and all in straights so i think she has the measure of Makarova nowadays. Makarova is a good player too, big lefty forehand and she can serve, but her movement isnt the best, she likes to be on the front foot dictating rallies but when you get her moving she can be exposed. Also Kerber is an unreal defender, supreme movement and she covers the court so well so she can force you into that extra shot. Bit mentally weak at times but I think her class will prevail here. Fancy her to get her 4th straight win over the Russian in this one. :hope

G. Simon (-3.5 games) vs. G. Monfils - 2.13 @ Pinnacle Sports (5 units) :( J-W. Tsonga (-10 games) vs. B. Kavcic - 2.36 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) :D E. Vesnina vs. R. Vinci for Match - 1.813 @ Pinnacle Sports (3 units) :D S. Stephens vs. L. Robson for Match - 2.54 @ Pinnacle Sports (1.5 units) :( S. Stephens (+1.5 sets) vs. L. Robson (-1.5 sets) for Match - 4.26 @ Pinnacle Sports (1.5 units) :( I. Dodig/R. Gasquet UNDER 31.5 games - 2.02 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) :( M. Raonic/P. Kohlschreiber OVER 43.5 games - 2.01 @ Pinnacle Sports (4 units) :(
Absolutely terrible day at the office. Some thoughts though. A shame about Simon who had Monfils covered in straights before his injury, he did well to pull through and win in the end but will surely be ousted swiftly by Murray. I'll be looking towards a big games handicap in the next match. Apart from that Robson was a poor pick. Dodig did give games up in the end losing the last set 6-0 however he won a set and Kohlschreiber turned out not to be reliable for a set either. This could have been a very positive day however pretty awful in the end. Apologies for anyone who followed, next time we'll do better.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Back Tie Break in Match - No for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Bet365 This price looks good for the Ferrer-Nishikori match. Neither of the two is that great on serve and there should be plenty of breaks, so the chances of a tie-break look pretty low to me. There has not been a tie-break yet in matches between the two (they have already met on three occasions) and I see no reason for there being one today. There might, of course, but this is a price that looks value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-nishikori-betting-there-might-be-no-tie-breaks-on-the-cards-today-for-david-ferrer-and-kei-nishikori Back Stakhovsky/Youzhny to beat Bracciali/Dlouhy for a 3/10 stake at 1.91 with Paddy Power More about going against Bracciali and Dlouhy than backing Stakhovsky and Youzhny, but there you go. I think that Dlouhy is going to be the weakest link on the court and the experienced duo should be able to work with that. Moreover, Stakhovsky and Youzhny have better serves than their counter-parts, which should give them a solid edge in this match-up. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stakhovsky-youzhny-vs-bracciali-dlouhy-betting-sergiy-stakhovsky-and-mikhail-youzhny-can-go-through-to-the-next-round Back Begu/Niculescu to beat Makarova/Vesnina for a 3/10 stake at 3.20 with Bwin Both Vesnina and Makarova are still in the singles draws, so this is a price that looks worth it. Begu and Niculescu are always tricky to deal with and both like the slower surface, so they are certainly not without a chance to win here, especially given that Makarova might have a really tough match against Kerber under her belt before this even starts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/begu-niculescu-vs-makarova-vesnina-betting-the-value-probably-lies-with-the-romanian-duo

Re: Australian Open 2013 Tomas Berdych -5.5 games vs Kevin Anderson @ 4/5 @ BET 365 Strength (6/10) I actually think Berdych will come through this pretty comfortably in the end, despite Anderson's obvious improvement in recent years and the little leap he seems to have made this year as well. I just think there are quite a few factors counting against him here. Firstly I think he'll be feeling it physically in this match. He got to the final of Sydney and lost a tough match to Tomic and he also worked harder than he should've against Lorenzi, as well the five setter in his last match with Verdasco, where Verdasco had quite a few looks on Anderson's main strength - his serve - so any creeping vulnerability there spells danger against the Czech. Secondly, I wonder about his mentality going into this match. He's played Berdych four times and lost all four of them, and the last couple would've been damaging for his psyche, especially the French Open defeat. He might go into the match thinking no matter how well he starts off Berdych will eventually reel him in, so he could be unsure from the start this time. This was definately the case when Gasquet lost in straights to Murray at Wimbledon 2012 after usually starting off fast in their matches. Thirdly, Berdych is in great form, loves night conditions when conditions are a tad slower and he'll also know he can't mess about with Anderson after their last few matches. He'll also know of course he has a bit of a mental edge over the South African. Na Li - 5.5 games vs Julia Goerges @ 10/11 BET 365 Strength (7/10) In some ways it could be argued Goerges would prefer this sort of match than playing against someone like Radwanska who would just frustrate her. However I think regardless of who Georges comes up against at this stage of a Slam she will always be out of her depth and she's just as likely to fall apart regardless. I can see her being competitive at times in this match but she'll also have periods when she can't hit the ball in play, and I think Na Li will just pulverise her in at least one set to cover the handicap. She nearly got bagelled by Zheng and Na Li is a level up from that. The German will be nervous as well having never reached a Slam quarter final and she struggles to keep her cool at the best of times. :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 I'd normally send a PM to a few of the most active punters but because I still haven't reached the required amount of posts, can someone please recommend a good site with either highlights or full matches from current tennis tournaments? Generally, if these are the smaller events it's possible to find these on youtube, but with the Slams it's completely different. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks, Mark

Re: Australian Open 2013 Here are my bets for tonight (and one for tomorrow). Follow at your own risk! :eek A. Radwanska to win 2-0 - 1.7 with Bwin A. Ivanovic to win less than 8.5 games - 1.83 with Paddy Power Radwanska is comfortable favourite in this match, she's won 5 of the last 6 meetings between the two and she's in great form. So far this season she's beaten players like Hampton, Wickmayer, Vinci, Na Li and Cibulkova with relative ease and holds a 12-0 record (or a 24-0 set record). Ivanovic has been improving but form and the slower night conditions will make this match difficult especially considering some MTO's at the Australian Open with a foot problem. D. Ferrer (-2.5 sets) vs. K. Nishikori (+2.5 sets) - 2.3 with Pinnacle The 2-1 H2H for Nishikori is not representative of this match up. The 2008 US open was before Ferrer developed his HC game and Queens last year was after the French open when Ferrer was tired. In the Australian Open Ferrer has steadily worked his way through the draw, defeating Baghdatis in a reasonably impressive display. Nishikori has not yet been tested and has not made the easiest work of opponents like Hanescu, Berlocq and Donskoy (albeit all straight sets victories) who are a long way off of Ferrer's level. I still have reservations about Nishikori's injury problems and think Ferrer will be too controlled especially in the night conditions. Should be a close one and I wouldn't be confident betting on the unders however I think this has marginal value. N. Almagro to beat J. Tipsarevic - 1.82 with Pinnacle Almagro leads the H2H 2-0 (5-1 in sets). The last two matches have been very positive and overall in the tournament he's only been broken 3 times compared to Tipsarevic's 10. I've taken this bet with Pinnacle as there's a slight possibility of a Tipsarevic retirement after two five-setters in a row. I feel Almagro's game causes Tipsarevic problems and with the potential fatigue problems I see value in these odds. This one may also go long so 42.5 games is reasonable. One for later: Murray/Simon - first set 6-8 games played - 3.4 with Bwin This one is due to the injury problems for Simon and how his game matches up to Murray. Murray is sometimes prone to slow starts however he'll be keen not to waste time in this match, I think a 6-2 set is relatively plausible so these odds jump out. I'm also keen to take these odds as there's a chance the match will finish in a retirement should Murray pull away rapidly. It's just hard to see how Simon will win games if Murray comes out firing. I've also taken some of the suggestions on here so fingers crossed :hope Good luck everyone.

WTA Australian Open R3 S. Stephens - L. Robson - Pick S. Stephens @ 1.629 - Pinnacle Sports (3/10) WON S. Stephens - L. Robson - Pick S. Stephens (-3) @ 1.990 - Pinnacle Sports (1/10) WON
I have managed to get both the handi and the MO with the Round 3 selection hopefully will be as successful with the picks below. WTA Australian Open K. Flipkens - M. Sharapova - Pick M. Sharapova (-8) @ 2.09 - Pinnacle Sports (1/10) Normally I wouldn't go with such a high handi but I have closely watched the match between Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova and it wasn't Venus playing such a bad tennis it was Maria playing such a damn good one. The Russian simply trashed the American and at times was playing more like a machine not a human being, she had an answer to almost any play that Venus has tried. I know that Flipkens is a talented player but it seems that she has never reached her full potential and difficult to see her doing that now, at the age of 27. I do recon that the match may most probably finish 6-2, 6-2 but there is also a good chance that Maria will thrash the Belgian with the same result as in the first two rounds. E. Makarova - A. Kerber - Pick E. Makarova (+1.5 Set) @ 1.98 Pinnacle Sports (1/10) This one is more going against Kerber than for the Russian. The German was very inconsistent agains Keys and if it wasn't for the American making so many unforced errors it would be her qualifying into the next round, not Angelique. Small stakes as the last three encounters were won by Kerber and she hasn't lost a set against Makarova in any of the three matches. ATP Australian Open D. Ferrer - K. Nishikori - Pick K. Nishikori (+6.5) @ 2.12 Pinnacle Sports (2/10) I do believe that Ferrer is the better player but Nishikori leads the H2H 2-1 with the only loss at home crowd in Japan. It seems that whenever he's the underdog he plays well against the Spaniard. I think he is capable of winning at least 4 games in each set even if the match goes to last only three furthermore, I believe that despite quite a few punters being not happy with the Japanese's form he is capable of taking a set or two off Ferrer. Cheers, Mark

Here are my bets for tonight (and one for tomorrow). Follow at your own risk! :eek A. Radwanska to win 2-0 - 1.7 with Bwin (7/10) A. Ivanovic to win less than 8.5 games - 1.83 with Paddy Power (6/10) Radwanska is comfortable favourite in this match, she's won 5 of the last 6 meetings between the two and she's in great form. So far this season she's beaten players like Hampton, Wickmayer, Vinci, Na Li and Cibulkova with relative ease and holds a 12-0 record (or a 24-0 set record). Ivanovic has been improving but form and the slower night conditions will make this match difficult especially considering some MTO's at the Australian Open with a foot problem. D. Ferrer (-2.5 sets) vs. K. Nishikori (+2.5 sets) - 2.3 with Pinnacle (5/10) The 2-1 H2H for Nishikori is not representative of this match up. The 2008 US open was before Ferrer developed his HC game and Queens last year was after the French open when Ferrer was tired. In the Australian Open Ferrer has steadily worked his way through the draw, defeating Baghdatis in a reasonably impressive display. Nishikori has not yet been tested and has not made the easiest work of opponents like Hanescu, Berlocq and Donskoy (albeit all straight sets victories) who are a long way off of Ferrer's level. I still have reservations about Nishikori's injury problems and think Ferrer will be too controlled especially in the night conditions. Should be a close one and I wouldn't be confident betting on the unders however I think this has marginal value. N. Almagro to beat J. Tipsarevic - 1.82 with Pinnacle (6/10) Almagro leads the H2H 2-0 (5-1 in sets). The last two matches have been very positive and overall in the tournament he's only been broken 3 times compared to Tipsarevic's 10. I've taken this bet with Pinnacle as there's a slight possibility of a Tipsarevic retirement after two five-setters in a row. I feel Almagro's game causes Tipsarevic problems and with the potential fatigue problems I see value in these odds. This one may also go long so 42.5 games is reasonable. One for later: Murray/Simon - first set 6-8 games played - 3.4 with Bwin (5/10) This one is due to the injury problems for Simon and how his game matches up to Murray. Murray is sometimes prone to slow starts however he'll be keen not to waste time in this match, I think a 6-2 set is relatively plausible so these odds jump out. I'm also keen to take these odds as there's a chance the match will finish in a retirement should Murray pull away rapidly. It's just hard to see how Simon will win games if Murray comes out firing. I've also taken some of the suggestions on here so fingers crossed :hope Good luck everyone.
Sorry, I've posted my confidence level above for each match. 0 being practically impossible and 10 being virtually certain. Mark, you can find some highlights on the Australian Open website (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html) although I'm not sure where else.

I'd normally send a PM to a few of the most active punters but because I still haven't reached the required amount of posts, can someone please recommend a good site with either highlights or full matches from current tennis tournaments? Generally, if these are the smaller events it's possible to find these on youtube, but with the Slams it's completely different. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks, Mark
No idea apart from the main website.