** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2013

Re: Australian Open 2013 Well, after yesterday's shocker, I'm going for another couple today that I feel relatively confident about: First up: Janko Tipsarevic (-6.5 games) to beat Lukas Lacko @ 4/6 with bet365 I woke up early Monday morning to watch Tipsi's match vs Hewitt, expecting a classic. What I got was the Serb turning on the style in the second set despite Hewitt going a double break up! Tipsarevic's work ethic impresses me a great deal, he didn't show any signs of giving up in that set and I think he'll be able to see Lacko off in the early hours with relative ease. His rise up the rankings in the last few years is mostly down to his ability to find some consistency, and despite Lacko's decent start to 2013 (in Auckland and Doha) he was outclassed by better players and this will more than likely be shown again. Javier Malisse v Fernando Verdasco - Over 39.5 games @ 5/6 with bet365 Another one who impressed me on Monday (and brought some profit) was the Belgian as I had him to win in straight sets. As people have said above me they can't make out why Verdasco is the favourite here, Malisse's start to the season has been really good. I don't think this will be as easy for Malisse as Verdasco, despite not being in the best form, could probably have a set in him. The five-setter against Goffin may have taken a bit out of him. If we get close match going to 4 or one that goes the distance this one could be a winner. Good luck to everyone tonight on your picks! Here's to a better 2nd round :ok

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2013

Tamira Paszek to beat Madison Keys- 2/1 >Bet365- (3/10) Now, I didn't bite the bullet on Zheng but I am with Paszek and it's the first real 'underdog' that I've backed outright so far. I put the word underdog in inverted commas because I just don't see it myself. I know the American put a really good run together in Sydney, beating Safarova and Zheng and also Li Na, but she's also lost in straight sets to a girl ranked outside the top 200 this year and narrowly beat Dellacqua who isn't up to the level of Paszek. The Austrian seemed to go off the boil after Wimbledon and the grass season last year but given her quality and her game, she is no way a 2/1 shot in my eyes. She pushed Jankovic in the second set over in Sydney, and now she's won a game this season, that should give her confidence and ease the pressure off her shoulders somewhat. She has a really powerful game as she showed last year on the grass and given Keys is still inexperienced at this level, Paszek looks to be the call here.
Just read that she's been working with Andy Murray's fitness coach. Certainly worth a go at 2/1, like you say Keys is still young and her first round match wasn't the greatest in the world.

Re: Australian Open 2013 2/10 Nieminen -1.5 set tb. Dodig @ 1.76 12Bet Toch much quality difference here for me. Nieminen had a good and long win over Haas in the first round and playing well. I think he go to make the rally's here and let Dodig no chance on his own servicegames. While Dodig can be struggle sometimes in his own servicegames. 3/10 Mayer tb. Berankis @ 2.02 Pinnacle What a joke this odds. Okay, Mayer is in bad form and Berankis won the first round. But it was not a easy win for Berankis who was a lot of times in trouble on his own service. Quality is more on Mayer side. I have put also 2/10 on Seppi tb. Istomin @ 1.71 Pinnacle. But odds are dropping the last hours.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Back Alejandro Falla (+2.5 sets) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 3/10 stake at 2.25 with Pinnacle As we all know, Gasquet often tends to go missing for some time and that is usually most visible in Grand Slams. Meanwhile, Falla likes to give the big names a good run for their money and I think that the set handicap should not be priced above evens here, which would be the fair price for me. And that is why I am going to back the tough Colombian today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/falla-vs-gasquet-betting-alejandro-falla-should-be-tough-enough-to-trouble-the-frenchman Back Shahar Peer to beat Kimiko Date for a 2/10 stake at 3.52 with Pinnacle Do not agree with these odds at all. Date might crush Peer in two easy sets, but I do not care about that possibility, since the price for that happening is way too low. Peer will bounce back and what an opportunity this might be for her against the veteran, who looks to be overrated after beating the out-of-sorts Petrova in the first round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/peer-vs-date-betting-kimiko-date-looks-overrated-after-the-first-round Back Peya/Soares to beat Melzer/Rochus for a 3/10 stake at 1.70 with Unibet Another slice of the doubles action for me. Too bad my first match has been moved over to today, but there you go, such things happen. Peya and Soares are good doubles players, while Melzer and Rochus have never played together. The only question here is Peya's fitness and form, but we are getting a good price for that risk and I am willing to take it with normal stakes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/peya-soares-vs-melzer-rochus-betting-peya-and-soares-to-cruise-through-to-the-next-round

Re: Australian Open 2013 CzechPunter, re Peer vs Date-Krumm: Peer's previous coach dug her into the ground, and she's only now starting to recover under her new coach. Also, last year she had some back injury issues. She may or may not win, but I agree that she's under-priced and worth betting on. She does have a weak serve, though, and struggles against powerhouse players. Assuming play on the outside courts isn't called off due the predicted extreme heat (39 degrees Celsius), the heat potentially puts Peer at an advantage. She copes with heat better than most players. (Cold weather is a different story - she hated playing on Hobart nights). Not sure how Date-Krumm's record at dealing with heat goes. Can anyone enlighten me on this point?

Sam Querrey vs Brian Baker – over 3.5 sets 1.90 at Boylesports ( 2 units) VOID Tobias Kamke to win a set vs Stanislas Wawrinka – 2.0 at William Hill (2 units) VOID Feliciano Lopez to beat Radek Stepanek – 1.75 at BetVictor (3 units) :\ Heather Watson +3.5 games vs Ksenia Pervak 1.87 at >Unibet (2 units) :ok Jelena Jankovic -5.5 games vs Maria Koehler 2.0 at >Paddy Power (1 unit):\ Venus Williams vs Alize Cornet – under 18.5 games 1.80 at >Unibet (2 units):ok Makerova to beat Foretz- Gacon 2-0 and Sorana Cirstea to beat Krystina Pliskova – 2.26 at >Betvictor (1 unit):ok
Hit and miss again, with Lopez really letting me down. Just about turned a profit but slow going really. +0.6 units for the day.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Daniel Brands vs Bernard Tomic over 3.5sets @2.20 Bet365(5/10) Brands finish last year & this season in fine form.10 wins out of eleven games on hard courts now with notable victories over Chardy,Monfils & Klizan. Also narrow defeats vs Gasquet & Del Potro.Same can be said for Tomic who is just off the back of winning at ATP Sydney beating Seppi & Anderson along the way.Odds of 7.00 for Brands to win this are OTT,making the over 3.5 sets very attractive.Brands will fight to the very end & serving really well,makes this a viable & dangerous opponent for BT.5pts win overs Daniel Brands to beat Bernand Tomic @7.00 Bet365(2/10) Tomic run has to come to & end at some stage,doesnt it?7.00 on a Brands victory is far too high & will have a couple of points on Brands causing the shock of the 2nd round.2pts win

Back Alejandro Falla (+2.5 sets) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 3/10 stake at 2.25 with Pinnacle As we all know, Gasquet often tends to go missing for some time and that is usually most visible in Grand Slams. Meanwhile, Falla likes to give the big names a good run for their money and I think that the set handicap should not be priced above evens here, which would be the fair price for me. And that is why I am going to back the tough Colombian today.
2/10 Nieminen -1.5 set tb. Dodig @ 1.76 12Bet Toch much quality difference here for me. Nieminen had a good and long win over Haas in the first round and playing well. I think he go to make the rally's here and let Dodig no chance on his own servicegames. While Dodig can be struggle sometimes in his own servicegames.
Also gonna take these two from Czechpunter & Alovenac.Great bets :ok Lets hope the tennis Gods can give us all a bit of luck tonight :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 Three for me from today's card. WTA Australian Open - Peng Shuai to beat Maria Kirilenko @ 2.32 >Betfair The h2h appears to give Kirilenko the edge in this match, but I still think Peng Shuai has a good chance to make it through to the next round. She started her season at the inaugural Shenzhen Open, losing in the last four to Li Na. She then had a couple of matches in Hobart, and was clinical against Marino in the first round of this tournament. She played Kirilenko twice last season on the grass at Wimbledon and the Olympics, losing close matches each time. Back then though, Kirilenko was in much better form than she is now. She started her season in Sydney, beating Rogowska before being beaten heavily by Errani. She won against King in her first match here, but King appears to have made a poor start to the season. Taking the form of both players into account, and also the fact that Kirilenko might not be totally focussed on tennis right now as she has just got engaged, I think Peng Shuai is good value for the win. WTA Australian Open - Bojana Jovanovski to beat Lucie Safarova @ 2.38 >Betfair Another player struggling for form at the moment is Safarova, and I think Jovanovski can take advantage. She started her season by getting to the last eight in Shenzhen, before losing in the second round in Hobart to Flipkens. She came through against Torro-Flor in her first match of this tournament, and faces an opponent in Safarova who only got her first win of the season by beating Lucic-Baroni in her opening match here. She didn't look convincing in that match, and that's no real surprise as her confidence can't be too high right now. She came into this tournament off the back of two first round defeats in Brisbane and Sydney, where she was beaten in straight sets by both Lisicki and Keys. Jovanovski has plenty of talent, and as there are uncertainties about Safarova's game at the moment, I think she is the player to be on in this match. ATP Australian Open - Jesse Levine to beat Gilles Simon @ 3.00 >Betfair I'm not convinced by what I've seen of Simon so far this season. He started in Brisbane, beating Falla in a very tight match before falling to Baghdatis. In his first round match here, he dropped the first set against Volandri before coming back to win in four sets. He's never played Levine before, but I think this has the makings of a close match and if it pans out that way, I think Levine could progress. He's had plenty of matches this season, coming though qualifying to make the main draw in both Brisbane and Auckland. He made the last eight in Auckland, losing a close match to Querrey, and he made a good start to this tournament by beating Robredo. If Simon can drop a set to Volandri, then in my opinion he can definitely drop one to Levine. If that happens, and if this match turns into a scrap, then I'm happy to be behind Levine.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Tonights womens picks are sorted, just need to have a quick look through the mens ties to see what stands out. Vavara Lepchenko +3.5 games vs Elena Vesnina 1.95 at unibet ( 2 units) It seems to me here that Vesnina is being priced up based on her run in Hobart last week and whilst that was impressive there is nothing in her results over the last couple of years to suggest that she’ll be able to match those performances consistently on this surface from tournament to tournament. This will be a real test for her against Lepchenko, an athletic and aggressive player who try to get Vesnina out of her comfort zone on the baseline, and I think that style of play she can frustrate the Russain and force her into a fair few mistakes which Lepchenko could capitilise on. I certainly see Vesnina as being capable of throwing away a set when pressured which should help this handicap. Svetlana Kuznetsova over 12.5 games vs Su Weish-Hsieh 2.10 at Paddy Power (2 units) This game should be trickier for Kuznetsova than the odds seem to be suggesting. Hsieh can be a dangerous player on her day, with an un-orthadox style and array of fancy shots. Kuznetsova has never played her previously so it may take some time to get use to her style and it won’t be easy running around after her in the early stages in the glaring heat. So I’m expecting a tight first set which either play has as good a chance to win. After than I think the Russian has the nous and experience at this level to take better control of the match, but hopefully by then this bet will be looking strong. Shuai Peng vs Maria Kirilenko – over 20.5 games 1.75 at Bet Victor (2 units) To me this looks like it could in an incredibly tight game as both ladies have the ability to impress and frustrate in equal measure, and in my eyes there isn’t too much difference in overall quality on this surface between the two of them. The H2H reads 2-1 in favour of the Russian, but both the two most recent encounters have gone over this games line and into three sets. Long games are pretty common when either of these pair are playing as neither really has the qualities to dominate a match and in the Melbourne heat we could see plenty of up and downs in the level of each ones play and that should generate plenty of opportunities for both these players to make breaks / win sets. Petra Kvitova to beat Laura Robson 1.60 at Bet Victor (3 units) As much as I would like to see Robson get through, she’s got a massive task on her hands against Kvitova, and I think this price is a little inflated because of the expectation around Robson. She may be able to keep it reasonably tight but over the course of 2 or maybe 3 sets Kvitova should have too much power, fitness and experience to see of the Brit. :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 Ivan Dodig to beat Jarkko Nieminen @ 2/1 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Dodig worth a go at these odds definately. He's bit of an odd one and not the most reliable but can play well at Slams and can pull a performance out of the bag when he feels like it. Big serve, solid off both wings. Remember him playing really well to take a set off Djokovic a couple of years ago and that shows how dangerous he can be at times. Nieminen is getting on a bit, and while he can still play at a very high level for one match at any given moment, he struggles to produce back to back performances these days, and can just produce a really anaemic performance(see Wimbledon). With his style of play he needs to be aggressive and dynamic and if he's struggling physically he hasn't really got a great deal to fall back on. His five set marathon with Haas would've taken a fair bit out of him and with the temperature being what it is in Melbourne, I think it's worth backing Dodig in what could be quite a topsy-turvy affair :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 In the mens event i've taken Rajeev Ram +7.5 games vs Marian Cillic 2.0 at betvictor (2 units) Cillic is someone who tends to make things hard for himself in grand slams. When you look at his recent history there’s been plenty of matches where he’s dropped a set or two when really he should be making much lighter work of it. Ram, like Cillic has a big serve so will get plenty of free points from this and so will make it difficult for Cillic to break him. Certainly it seems a big ask for the Croatian to break his opponent more than once a set and so to me this handicap seems a game or two long. It only just would have come in for Cillic’s first round tie and Matosevic and the Aussie was serving pretty bad at times on Tuesday. Daniel Brands vs Bernard Tomic – First set over 9.5 games 1.80 at Coral ( 2 units) I agree with others that the price on Brands is a little high but it was quite hard finding a handicap / overs line that I liked. I think eventually Tomic’s quality plus home advantage will come through but I’m sure Brands will make him work for it in the early stages. Both guys will be confident coming into to this game, on the back of good runs. Tomic is unbeaten all year and looked sharp against Mayer whilst Brands has also started well reaching the semi’s in Doha and beating the likes of Chardy and Monfils will have done wonders for his confidence. Having a quick look at recent results both seem to go over 9.5 in opening sets quite often, particularly Tomic. Mayer to beat Berankis and Simon to beat Levine – 2.88 at betvictor (1 unit) I had a bit of success with my double last night, so will try and repeat the trick tonight. Again these are two bets were there seems a bit of value to me in the outright markets. Levine has never quite proved himself on the hard courts and in recent history has come unstuck against top 20 players and we saw him loose to Dolgopolov, Cillic & Querrey at the back end of last year. Like these guys I expect Simon to have enough in his game to see this one through. Mayer vs Berankis is a tougher one to call but don’t see how Berankis warrants being favourite against his more experienced opponent. :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 I wasn't even going to post these given the luck I'm having so far, underlined by the retirements yesterday but tradition is tradition. Wouldn't advise anyone going anywhere near these though and perhaps the best tip of all would be to oppose these: Andy Murray (-10.5 games) to beat Joao Sousa- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10) The hot conditions should make Murray want to get these over and done with I fancy. He beat Haase easily enough and covered the handicap against him so he should have more chance of doing it against Sousa. It was only last week he got beat 6-1 6-2 by Florian Mayer and Bedene has hammered him as well this year. He had a good draw in the first round but Murray will be outclassing him on all fronts. Providing Murray doesn't tank a couple of sets which I don't think he will do given the heat, he should win this easily. James Duckworth (+4.5 games) to beat) Blaz Kavcic- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Was temped to back the Aussie for the win but the handicap looks alright to me. He'll have home support here which will be key as Kavcic isn't the sort of player to put all of that out of his mind and dominate really. He beat Bellucci easily but the Brazilian has been struggling for a little while now whilst Duckworth just about scraped through against Mitchell. There should be some adrenaline flowing for him after that one as he'll have 100% of the support in this one rather than 50 in his first match. He's a talented enough player is Duckworth as he showed last year in taking a set against Tipsarevic and I just fancy him, with home support to put in a good showing here. Juan Martin Del Potro vs Benjamin Becker- Over 28.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Might be a really stupid bet this one but I haven't strayed too far from stupid so far this week. Del Potro may have hammered Mannarino but that doesn't exactly make me feel like backing the Argentine. It was still just a week or so ago that he comfortably lost to Hewitt and wasn't far off losing to Mathieu easily so I still get the feeling he is yet to find his form this season. The Mannarino result may have helped but the Frenchman has been playing on the challenger circuit and isn't the player he was a couple of years back when he made his break through. Becker has done alright this season, as he's taken Monfils to 3 sets, as well as Youzhny and beaten Rosol as well so he should have some confidence with his game. He actually possesses a pretty decent serve which should give him some cheap points on occasion and if he can keep one of these sets really tight, if not nick it, it could well see the overs through here. Daniel Brands vs Bernard Tomic- Over 35.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) I was considering that over 3.5 sets bet like Pensioner mentioned but I've opted for the overs instead. The reason for that being Brand's serve and he could well keep every set close without taking one of them. He's never the best player under pressure I've never thought, and the crowd won't help him in that respect. I'd actually be a tad surprised if he didn't take a set, but there's just something telling me that 7-6 7-6 6-4 isn't entirely out of the question, or at least something similar. Let's hope I'm wrong and it does go at least 4 sets, which should see the overs through anyway.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Gael Monfils(-5 games) to beat Yen-hsun Lu @1.95 10bet(6/10) Just wanted to wait a round to see how Monfils got on vs Dolgopolov in the 1st Round after his hamstring injury at the ATP Auckland.Got through a tough match there,so I'm comfortable taking this line with his meeting vs Lu.H2h reads a 6-1 6-4 win for Monfils from 2010.Lu on his day can give any of the top seeds a real game,but just feel Monfils has got that extra quality & something to prove after his injury nightmare in 2012.I see GM winning this & covering the handicap.6pts win

Can't believe Baker didn't at least win a set yesterday against Rosol. Served for the first set and 5-2 up in the second. He wins the match if he takes the first IMO. Anyway lets move on... Ricardas Berankis to beat Florian Mayer @ 6/5 BET 365 Strength (7/10) Always think Mayer is vulnerable in five setters and especially with the conditions being so hot when this match will be played (Thursday it will be 39 degrees), then he should struggle even more to last the distance. He will also be coming off the back of a five setter against Rhyne Williams, so I really fancy the Latvian Berankis to be too strong and consistent in this second round duel. He's showed really good form so far and was impressive in despatching Stakhovsky in straight sets. So he is well primed here to reach the third round and get his career really back on track. Mayer loves to diffuse servers and Berankis will spar patiently. The German should lose interest pretty soon. Evgeny Donskoy to beat Mikhail Youzhny @ 3/1 BET 365 Strength (4/10) Youzhny peaked for me in 2010/11. He's been on the down slope ever since IMO, and has had some decidedly dodgy Grand Slam results since, losing to Gulbis in straight sets at the 2011 US Open and Golubev at this tournament in the first round last year. I can't get his form at the end of last season out of my mind as well. He looked thoroughly disinterested and while he often struggles to rouse himself at the start of matches before pulling his finger out, like he did in the last match versus Ebden and various other times through the years, there are signs that he's having to dig deeper and deeper to do so. Donskoy is the new rising Russian star, and while he hasn't had much Grand Slam experience, he had a really good year last season and I think he might fancy the challenge of facing up to his listless countryman. He took a set off him two years ago in Moscow and I think he can use his freshness and power game from the baseline to consign Youzhny to another early Grand Slam loss. :hope
Its been a rough old time for alot of us betting on the AO But,two absolute crackers from Slider.Well done mate :ok

Re: Australian Open 2013 Yeah, congrats to Slider, a couple of excellent picks in Donsky and Berankis. Fingers crossed Dodig can build on his lead as well. I'm having a tough day, just the Tomic vs Brands overs coming in so far. I've fallen a game short on both the Ram vs Cillic and Peng vs Kirilenko matches which is frustrating.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Cheers lads. Good couple of days for me. Some good calls on the Brands-Tomic as well. Fishy25 must have walked under a ladder or something - no luck at all. So many handicaps missing out by one and annoying retirements. Things will turn around though I'm sure.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Back Jie Zheng to beat Julia Goerges for a 3/10 stake at 2.29 with Pinnacle Goerges was quite lucky to find Oprandi in such a bad state last time out, while Zheng fought well to beat Stosur and I now expect her to progress one round further. Her style of game can be quite tricky for the German to deal with and Goerges will need to improve a bit in order to win here, which might be harder than it looks like in all honesty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zheng-vs-goerges-betting-jie-zheng-can-go-one-round-further-in-melbourne Back E.Donskoy/K.Nishikori - Over 32.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Back Evgeny Donskoy to beat Kei Nishikori for a 0.5/10 stake at 7.47 with Pinnacle Despite his two wins, I have not been impressed by Nishikori so far and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing him going down today against Donskoy, who has been very good so far. The Russian has the shots that count on this surface and will hold his ground in rallies, so this might be a tricky match-up for the talented Japanese right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/donskoy-vs-nishikori-betting-evgeny-donskoy-might-produce-yet-another-great-performance Back Nicolas Almagro (-1.5 sets) to beat Jerzy Janowicz for a 3/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Almagro often makes things hard for himself in the early rounds, but this is a stage at which he tends to step up to the plate and I expect him to do exactly that against Janowicz today. The Pole might be a bit drained already, having played an epic two days ago and a tough doubles match yesterday, so Almagro should prove his qualities and win well here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/almagro-vs-janowicz-betting-nicolas-almagro-should-be-too-strong-for-jerzy-janowicz

Re: Australian Open 2013 David Ferrer vs Marcos Baghdatis over 3.5 sets @2.10 Boylesports(6/10) This bet stood out for me from todays card.H2H reads a 3-1 lead for Ferrer,with their last two meetings Ferrer winning 2-1 sets & last time 2 years ago Baghdatis winning 3-2 sets.Baghdatis has been playing some great tennis in 2012 & this season has started off well with a deep run at ATP Brisbane beating Simon & Mayer along the way. Ferrer,will bring his usually long rally,high enery game to the table but I believe Baghdatis is good enough & playing well enough to take at least a set of Ferrer.Was gonna have a couple of points on MB winning this,but decided against it.Defo on the overs 6pts win

Re: Australian Open 2013 Cheers for the words guys. Ironic thing is I did walk under a ladder a couple of weeks ago. Not that I believe in any of that though...:eyes Still the luck evades me. Must admit I did have the unders in the Krumm-Peer match which scraped through but I didn't post it so nothing to that really. The Murray result just epitomized how the tournament has gone really. Lost count how many bets have lost by a game when they should have been covered and obviously the 2 retirements were horrible timing as well. Not giving up though but it's a long way back for me. Think if I overcome this deficit (around -30 atm), it'll be my best achievement in a single tournament. Things are going to have to change though. Hopefully starting with tonight but confidence isn't too high at the minute hence the tender stakes. Super stuff from Slider though! Seems to really have turned the corner now. Nicolas Almagro (-1.5 sets) to beat Jerzy Janowicz- 5/6 PaddyPower- (4/10) With Czech on this one. Watched the majority of both players' second round match and their performances were extremely contrasting. Janowicz was perhaps unfortunate not to have taken the first set as he looked to get a rotten call on set point which affected him for a while but in the end he came through. Thing is, you could tell these courts were not playing quick enough for his game. His serve really wasn't anywhere near as effective as he needs it to be and Devvarman was creating openings in most service games. Put that with the Pole's not so great return game and I think he has a problem here. Almagro wasn't magnificent against Gimeno-Traver but he did play well towards the end and served decently as well. You have to wonder if fatigue will play a part here for Janowicz, especially if he doesn't win the first set. That Devvarman game would have exhausted him, and Czech has mentioned, he's played doubles as well so he may not be 100% here. Almagro is usually patchy in the opening rounds of the slams, but he's looked better usual this year, and I think he'll take this no worse than 3-1. Evgeny Donskoy (+7.5 games) to beat Kei Nishikori- Evens Bet365- (4/10) Think Donskoy will have chances here. Nishikori was in no way convincing in the opening couple of sets against Andujar and on serve, he was gifting plenty of chances. I'm not 100%, in fact I'm pretty sure there's some injury that is still hampering him a bit, whether that be the one he got against Murray or a different one I don't know, but he doesn't look completely right to me. Donskoy must be on a high after beating Youzhny and although I didn't see any of that one, apparently he was hitting plenty of winners from the baseline which is a good sign against Nishikori as he doesn't possess the power to stop the Russian from doing that again. Nishikori has been starting slowly, and I think Donskoy is playing well enough this week to take the chances he is given and give Kei a test here. Handicap is a pretty high one and he can cover it in 3 sets but regardless, I think he'll cover it. Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Sam Querrey- 3/4 BetVictor- (4/10) Wawrinka (-2.5 games) to beat Sam Querrey- (3/10) Odds have dropped on Stan enough here for me to back him on both fronts here. I'd be having him as a pretty decent favourite here given what I saw of him against Kamke. He's playing some really decent stuff at the minute and although he was given Kamke chances with a fair few unforced errors, the fact that he didn't drop either of the two sets they played despite being a break down was impressive. Querrey was extremely fortunate that Baker got injured again as he was in serious trouble there. A bit like Janowicz, the courts aren't playing quick enough for the American from what I've seen. He wasn't able to serve as big as he usually is and Baker was getting quite a few chances. Wawrinka may not be as good as returner, but his serve is far superior than Baker's is so he will get more cheap points. If both continue playing the way they have, I think there is only one winner here and I don't often say that with Wawrinka, that's how much he has impressed me. He's won both games in the past between the two, they weren't comfortable and this might not be either, but I do think he will win and the handicap, with odds against looks low enough for me to take as well. Hopefully Stan continues playing well here. Janko Tipsarevic (-4.5 games) to beat Julien Benneteau- 4/5 BetVictor- (4/10) Went against the Serb in the second round successfully, but think that comeback from Lacko might just wake him up a bit. Tipsarevic was in cruise mode for the first couple of sets before he dropped the next two and he was playing pretty well in all honesty, especially from the baseline. Benneteau was lucky to have got past Roger-Vasselin in the way he did as he was a break down in the fourth set, and all 3 of his sets could have easily gone the other way which aren't good signs for the Frenchman. Even against Dimitrov which was a good win for him in the first round, he was struggling in the first set before he rallied and Tipsarevic simply won't let him get away with those kind of performances I don't think. Like I've said, I expect the Serb to really get his act together after the Lacko match and even against Hewitt, he really wasn't playing as well as he should be so a good performance should be set for him here. He beat Benneateau in the French Open last year in straight sets, covering the handicap and I think he'll win by at least 5 games here. Jurgen Melzer (+7.5 games) to beat Tomas Berdych- Evens BetVictor- (3/10) Tricky little match for Berdych here. Melzer usually raises his game for the big players in the slams especially and he'll be confident having made the 3rd round of slam for a good while. He usually is at risk when playing the players he's used to beat, as he showed perfectly in the second round, but against the better players, he does tend to play well. If you remember, he's beaten Djokovic and Ferrer on clay over in France before, and has troubled the likes of Roddick and Federer in the slams before as well. Berdych hammered Rufin in the second round and hasn't really been tested too much thus far so I still don't know how well he is actually playing to be honest, so Melzer might catch him a bit cold here. He's lost to Hewitt and Bautista-Agut this year already, and dropped a set to Dodig so there's hope for Melzer here I think. The Austrian is a dangerous player still on the big stage and he's caused Berdych problems in the past, winning 2 of their 4 matches and only narrowly losing their most recent match in 2 close fought sets. I wouldn't actually put it past Melzer to win a set here, but even if he loses in 3, he can keep Berdych on his toes and cover the handicap here and I think it looks a tad big in all honesty. Couple for the women... Marion Bartoli (-2.5 games) to beat Ekaterina Makarova- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) The H2H really struck me here. In the 2 games they've played, Bartoli hasn't dropped a set and has only dropped 4 games in total which suggests match up problems for Makarova here. We have to remember here that she's defending a shed load of points given her quarter final appearance last year so that's pressure in itself on her shoulders and there might be some mental worries for her given the results in the past against Bartoli. She's not won either of her matches so far that impressively, despite winning both in straight sets whereas Bartoli has come through really comfortably. The heat won't help Bartoli in actual fact as her fitness isn't the best but then again, it should make her want to get this one done as quickly as possible. She's playing the better stuff of the two at the minute and the handicap is low enough for me to back the Frenchwoman here to come through. Heather Watson (+7.5 games) to beat Agnieszka Radwanska- 4/5 BetVictor- (3/10) This handicap instantly looked massive to me. Radwanska may have hammered Watson and not lost a match so far this year, but in actual fact, she's playing as well as she was last year. Usually, she absolutely hammers most players she faces that are outside the top 20 or so, but this season, she has only covered this handicap 3 times in the games she's played. She was having some problems against Begu in the second set a couple of days ago whilst she just about won the first set against Bobusic in the first round before cruising in the second. Watson's win over Pervak was a pretty decent one in truth after her worries in the first set. I'm sure she will be itching to put in a better performance than at Wimbledon last year where she was massively outclassed. She should have learnt from that game, and with Radwanska not playing at that level so far this week, 5 games should be within the Brit here and that should cover the handicap.

Nicolas Almagro (-1.5 sets) to beat Jerzy Janowicz- 5/6 PaddyPower- (4/10) With Czech on this one. Watched the majority of both players' second round match and their performances were extremely contrasting. Janowicz was perhaps unfortunate not to have taken the first set as he looked to get a rotten call on set point which affected him for a while but in the end he came through. Thing is, you could tell these courts were not playing quick enough for his game. His serve really wasn't anywhere near as effective as he needs it to be and Devvarman was creating openings in most service games. Put that with the Pole's not so great return game and I think he has a problem here. Almagro wasn't magnificent against Gimeno-Traver but he did play well towards the end and served decently as well. You have to wonder if fatigue will play a part here for Janowicz, especially if he doesn't win the first set. That Devvarman game would have exhausted him, and Czech has mentioned, he's played doubles as well so he may not be 100% here. Almagro is usually patchy in the opening rounds of the slams, but he's looked better usual this year, and I think he'll take this no worse than 3-1. Jurgen Melzer (+7.5 games) to beat Tomas Berdych- Evens BetVictor- (3/10) Tricky little match for Berdych here. Melzer usually raises his game for the big players in the slams especially and he'll be confident having made the 3rd round of slam for a good while. He usually is at risk when playing the players he's used to beat, as he showed perfectly in the second round, but against the better players, he does tend to play well. If you remember, he's beaten Djokovic and Ferrer on clay over in France before, and has troubled the likes of Roddick and Federer in the slams before as well. Berdych hammered Rufin in the second round and hasn't really been tested too much thus far so I still don't know how well he is actually playing to be honest, so Melzer might catch him a bit cold here. He's lost to Hewitt and Bautista-Agut this year already, and dropped a set to Dodig so there's hope for Melzer here I think. The Austrian is a dangerous player still on the big stage and he's caused Berdych problems in the past, winning 2 of their 4 matches and only narrowly losing their most recent match in 2 close fought sets. I wouldn't actually put it past Melzer to win a set here, but even if he loses in 3, he can keep Berdych on his toes and cover the handicap here and I think it looks a tad big in all honesty. Couple for the women... Marion Bartoli (-2.5 games) to beat Ekaterina Makarova- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) The H2H really struck me here. In the 2 games they've played, Bartoli hasn't dropped a set and has only dropped 4 games in total which suggests match up problems for Makarova here. We have to remember here that she's defending a shed load of points given her quarter final appearance last year so that's pressure in itself on her shoulders and there might be some mental worries for her given the results in the past against Bartoli. She's not won either of her matches so far that impressively, despite winning both in straight sets whereas Bartoli has come through really comfortably. The heat won't help Bartoli in actual fact as her fitness isn't the best but then again, it should make her want to get this one done as quickly as possible. She's playing the better stuff of the two at the minute and the handicap is low enough for me to back the Frenchwoman here to come through.
On these three bets aswell but on the Almagro(-3.5 Games) vs Janowicz game @ 1.85 Unibet(6/10) So 4 bets in total for me tonight. Good luck all :hope

Re: Australian Open 2013 Quite a few of the ladies matches interest me today, including some of the favourites. Here's what I've got so far, and there may be more if some other prices move. WTA Australian Open - Zheng Jie to beat Julia Gorges @ 2.46 >Betfair I think Gorges is worth opposing in this match, and not just because she has a losing record against Zheng Jie. She hasn't won many matches so far this season, and although she got past Oprandi in the last round here easily enough, she really struggled to beat Dushevina in her first match. Zheng Jie has had a similar slow start to the season, but her victory over Stosur was impressive and she's done well at this tournament in the past. I think there's every chance this will be close, but for me Zheng Jie is in better shape at the moment and so I'll take her to get the win. WTA Australian Open - Marion Bartoli to beat Ekaterina Makarova @ 1.66 >Betfair I can't add too much to what's already been written about this match. Bartoli leads the h2h, and comphrensively so. In both previous matches between these two, Bartoli won sets to love. She's made a better start to this tournament than Makarova, and I expect her powerful game to once again be too much for her opponent to handle.

Re: Australian Open 2013 Bonjour Hello everyone, Do you see any value in Cirstea @ 9.80 tonight or the +6.5 @ 1.78 ,maybe the over 18.5 @ 2.00 is the more value ? The H2H is not too bad for Cirstea ,what do you think about thi match guys ? [TABLE=class: head_to_head h2h_home]

[TR] [TD=class: h-part last, colspan: 6]Derniers matchs: LI N. (Chn)[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]16.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]AUS[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Govortsova O. (Blr)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]14.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]AUS[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Karatantcheva S. (Kaz)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]10.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SYD[/TD] [TD=class: name]Radwanska A. (Pol)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]09.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SYD[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Keys M. (Usa)[/TD] [TD]2 : 1[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]08.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SYD[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Morita A. (Jpn)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]07.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SYD[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]McHale C. (Usa)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]05.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SHE[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Zakopalova K. (Cze)[/TD] [TD]2 : 1[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]04.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SHE[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Peng S. (Chn)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]03.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SHE[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Jovanovski B. (Srb)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]02.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]SHE[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Cohen J. (Usa)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd hid] [TD=class: last lastR, colspan: 6]Montrer plus de matchs [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: head_to_head h2h_away] [TR] [TD=class: h-part last, colspan: 6]Derniers matchs: CIRSTEA S. (Rou)[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]16.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]AUS[/TD] [TD=class: name]Pliskova Kr. (Cze)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]1 : 2[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]14.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]AUS[/TD] [TD=class: name]Vandeweghe C. (Usa)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]0 : 2[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]08.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]HOB[/TD] [TD=class: name]Davis L. (Usa)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]07.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]HOB[/TD] [TD=class: name]Bratchikova N. (Rus)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]1 : 2[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]01.01.13[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]AUC[/TD] [TD=class: name]Watson H. (Gbr)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]1 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]18.10.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]LUX[/TD] [TD=class: name]Pervak K. (Kaz)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]16.10.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]LUX[/TD] [TD=class: name]Martic P. (Cro)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]0 : 2[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]09.10.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]LIN[/TD] [TD=class: name]Martic P. (Cro)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]2 : 0[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]03.10.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]BEI[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Sharapova M. (Rus)[/TD] [TD]0 : 2[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]01.10.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]BEI[/TD] [TD=class: name]Arvidsson S. (Swe)[/TD] [TD=class: name highTeam]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD]0 : 2[/TD] [TD=class: winLose][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd hid] [TD=class: last lastR, colspan: 6]Montrer plus de matchs [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: head_to_head h2h_mutual] [TR] [TD=class: h-part last, colspan: 6]Confrontations: LI N. (Chn) - CIRSTEA S. (Rou)[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]16.08.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag hard]CIN[/TD] [TD=class: name]Li N. (Chn)[/TD] [TD=class: name]Cirstea S. (Rou)[/TD] [TD=class: last]2 : 1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]