FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Aidymac

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Millwall v Preston @ 1.72 Betfred (6Points) This price is simply too big even considering the cup upset romance factors. Milwall are very solid championship outfit this season and they are very good at home. They are looking a bit light up front with a couple of injuries and losing Chris Wood but ultimately they are still a decent side. They are facing a Preston team from the league below whose squad is depleted through injuries and illness. They had just 13 players training on Thursday and their manager said. Even some of them looked 50/50. A Preston side a full strength might just about pull something off here but they really must have greater priorities than the cup when their squad is so depleted. At the odds on offer I think you've got to take the home win here. Milwall + Forest Double @ 2.54 Bet365 (3 Points) I was originally looking at teams who might cause an upset but with team news being so important I just can't make anysuch calls at this stage. But I've out lined above 2 teams who look solid bets and will be backing them in a double.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Back to Boro-Hastings game. Bet365 has 1.20 for Boro total goals over 1.5 and 1.66 for over 2.5. Considering how almost everybody (including me) believes in Hastings' trashing some of you might find the odds good. That 1.20 in particular for over 1.5 goals looks huge, because I doubt Boro would score only 1...

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan "NEIL WARNOCK has been floored by a bug that threatens to wipe out his FA Cup dream. The Leeds boss, 64, is desperate to win a trophy before retiring but an Elland Road virus has hit SEVEN of his stars Warnock has also fallen sick as his side prepare to host Championship rivals Birmingham in the third round. His No 2 Mick Jones said: “It is not looking good on the illness front, and there is no point hiding away from that." http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4727167/FA-Cup-previews-Catch-up-with-all-the-other-games-here.html#ixzz2H6NYXXEE Which Leeds Player´s are out?

Cheers for this Ali :ok The potential team lineup gives me enough to think opposing Cardiff is the way forward here...
No probs mate. More I look at it, it seems to rest on the spine of nugent, kiss, mcphail and velikonja. I wouldn't be scared of us, if I were macclesfield. I'd have our odds more closely to evens...

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

"NEIL WARNOCK has been floored by a bug that threatens to wipe out his FA Cup dream. The Leeds boss, 64, is desperate to win a trophy before retiring but an Elland Road virus has hit SEVEN of his stars Warnock has also fallen sick as his side prepare to host Championship rivals Birmingham in the third round. His No 2 Mick Jones said: “It is not looking good on the illness front, and there is no point hiding away from that." http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4727167/FA-Cup-previews-Catch-up-with-all-the-other-games-here.html#ixzz2H6NYXXEE Which Leeds Player´s are out?
Birmingham are also missing a lot of players through injury. Both sides are going to be deleted which makes it really hard to call.

Just had a look a this. Last year I think there were only 2 all-Premiership 3rd Round ties, meaning there were 16 Prem v Lower League ones. West Ham, Wigan and Wolves were all knocked out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_FA_Cup This year, there are 12 Prem v Lower League ties: Brighton v Newcastle Villa v Ipswich Bolton v Sunderland Crawley v Reading Palace v Stoke Fulham v Blackpool Man City v Watford Peterboro v Norwich Spurs v Coventry Wigan v Bournemouth Mansfield v Liverpool Cheltenham v Everton Using last year as a guide, my guess is that 2 will be knocked out which would give a total of 6. This year's ties look a bit easier for the Premier League clubs. There might be slight value in '6' at 7/2 I suppose.
thanks mate,m ive gone with the 4 & 5 (4 cos its 33/1 and you never know!) and 5 as its a lottery and the other prices are shorter. Bookies dont get this wrong, but i need a good performance from the Premier clubs here, and alread Nwcastle are looking dodgy!! For me Tranmere at 9/2 Bet365 look the value of the day away at Derby. Tranmere been consistent all season and although promotion is the aim, clubs on winning runs normally extend into cups, Derbys crowd get restless if they aint winning and i can see the league 1 boys turning them over

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Going to do a little treble today. Short reasoning, as it is only a small bet. Reading to beat Crawley Town Reading should be too strong for a club that is two divisions below them. Reading have been found out defensively in the Premier League, but definately should have too much going forward for the League 1 outfit. QPR to beat West Bromwich Albion QPR could be on a high after beating Chelsea last weekend, and play an injury-ravaged West Brom side today. Harry may rest a few himself, but he still has decent fringe players, and playing at home he will want to get the fans onside, and I think he will take this game seriously today, afterall he did win a cup with Portsmouth. Mk Dons to beat Sheffield Wednesday Not sure why Wednesday are such a big price, they are really struggling bigtime in the Championship, have lost 8 of their 13 home games in the league and face a tough outfit who are trying to gain promotion from League 1, Dons are around the 11/4 mark which looks very big. *Treble @ 20/1 Paddy Power*

Birmingham are also missing a lot of players through injury. Both sides are going to be deleted which makes it really hard to call.
I know, but i want to know which player´s from Leed´s are out or have the illness!?

That's true that Allardyce could hardly rotate his squad as it isn't that big plus they have a lot of injured players. I didn't know that Maiga is already off to the African Cup of Nation's. bench won't be great for West Ham. But I still will wait for line-ups which will be published an hour before kick-off.
west ham official site says maiga is off to can... right now it turns out that we know 70% of united squad - vidic, jones, smalling, buttner, kagawa, cleverley, young, fletcher as a strong possibility. so, we don't know who's on goal and upfront. this much i managed to gather reading the news. of course, there is always "fergie factor"! :)

I know' date=' but i want to know which player´s from Leed´s are out or have the illness!?[/quote'] I don't think the actual names have been released :ok Paddy Kenny and Ross McCormack had been doubts in the last week because of this "virus". Personally I think when these stories are released about viruses "sweeping" the club it's usually a bit if a non story, and the club in question tend to still put out a decent team. I would say Birmingham look to be in a worse state, as they suffer with many real absences.

west ham official site says maiga is off to can... right now it turns out that we know 70% of united squad - vidic' date=' jones, smalling, buttner, kagawa, cleverley, young, fletcher as a strong possibility. so, we don't know who's on goal and upfront. this much i managed to gather reading the news. of course, there is always "fergie factor"! :)[/quote'] I expect: ------------Lindegaard Jones-----Vidic--Smalling----Buttner -----------Fletcher---------------- --------Scholes--Cleverley--------- ------------Kagawa--------------- -----Welbeck-Hernandez---------- maybe Valencia starts.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Crouch and Owen start up front for Stoke. Bar Owen its not far off a full side. Villa look to have a reasonable side out against Ipswich. Bent and N'Zogbia both start. I think they look good value to beat an Ipswich side who are under strength themselves.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan For info, both QPR and WBA put out fairly strong teams in thier tie, Ben Haim and DJ Campbell both start for the R's and WBA have long and lukaku up top. When they won at Loftus road on boxing day they played 4-5-1 looks like they are 4-4-2 today. Tight game, i think we could get a draw

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan FA Cup home sides of -1.5 and -2 have been rock solid at covering the HC and in games going over...20-7 covering a HC of better than 1.5 in the past three years, with an O/U of 24-5. I'm on Tottenham and Man City on the -2, despite missings, rotations, etc., and on the overs as well.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Oxford Utd vs Sheffield Utd 1. Half Time / Full Time 1/2 @ 34.00 10/10 VCbet 2. Run of play Lead - Lose @ 7.00 10/10 BWIN 3. Half Time 1:0 / Full Time 1:2 @ 36.00 10/10 Bet365 4. 1:2 (CS) @ 10.5 10/10 VCbet I see odds are raising a bit on the away win, but doesnt matter at all. At this match the oddsmakers did not "focus" enough... why is so? Okay, there are a lots of fixtures and they did not look "deeply" enough into Sheffield Utd's stats when playing in FA Cup, League Cup... in general Cup games. Last two :lol ... 03/11/2012 Bristol Rovers v Sheffield Utd 1-2 (1-0) Goalscorers: Clark 5' - 53' Blackman ; 62' Porter 01/12/2012 Sheffield Utd v Port Vale 2-1 (0-1) Goalscorers: Miller 90'+5 ; Miller 90' - 35' Pope Last season, 2nd round: 03/12/2011 Sheffield Utd v Torquay 3-2 (0-1) Goalscorers: 78' , 69' Evans ; Ellis (OG) 68' - 90' + 4 Stevens ; 3' Howe

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan The price on Stoke has shortened to the point it's killed any real value. No Speroni, Dikgacoi or Murray for Palace but both Zaha and Bolasie start which could trouble Stoke in the fullback positions. I will stay away from this one. No bets all round in the other 3 o'clock kick offs, it's way too dicey out there for me. Thanks to everyone who posted info on here, it's been a good thread. I'm looking forward to getting back to league betting as this domestic cup stuff is way too mental for me brain box.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan I've been watching a stream of the match and it's fair to say Macclesfield have looked more encouraging than Cardiff so far. I'd strongly recommend an in-play bet; you can get Macclesfield for around 5.5 ignore this now, Cardiff have just scored against the run of play, typical :lol

Derby County V Tranmere Rovers Both to score = YES @ 1.95 - Coral. The bookies rarely fancy Tranmere. Even after seeing them reach the top of League One I think they are still seen as a mid table League One side, and I just think they have more chance here than the bookies are giving them credit for. Derby very rarely keep a clean sheet here in the league, and have conceded in each of their last five home league fixtures. Even in the Carling Cup they drew 5-5 with League One Scunthorpe. Fulham V Blackpool Over 2.5 goals @ 1.76 - Marathon. I think Fulham are painfully too short here given their current problems. I wouldn't trust them at odds on to get the job done. They haven't kept a clean sheet at home since Villa, conceding at least a goal in each if their last five. Blackpool are as open as they ever are away from home, conceding in each of their last five away fixtures. Fulham were already knocked out of the Carling Cup at home, 2-1, by Charlton and I see this being similar. Hull City V Leyton Orient @ 8.8 - Marathon. Hull City V Leyton Orient + 1.25 @ 1.85 - bet365. Fancy Orient to get something here as indicated above. They're rarely fancied by the bookies as they're seen as a small Club, but they have improved this season dramatically and quite importantly they've found their form in front of goal, with nine goals scored in their last five away fixtures. Hull probably have bigger things to think about here and with Steve Bruce set to change things about in an attempt to keep the squad fresh for the coming Championship promotion bid, I think this is the perfect opportunity for Orient to claim a higher division scalp here. Hull have already had to go through a penalty shoot out win against Rotherham, and then suffer a 3-2 loss to Doncaster in the Carling Cup. Orient knocked out Charlton on PENs in the Carling Cup. I actually remember tipping Orient last year to cause a shock when they knocked out Norwich. They then went on to beat Swansea, before losing to Arsenal after a replay. Leicester City V Burton Albion @ 14 - Marathon. Leicester City V Burton Albion + 1.5 @ 2.05 - bet365. Burton have already knocked Leicester out of the Carling cup earlier in the season. I just think Leicester are another Championship side that probably have bigger designs, don't necessarily need the money and probably will look to make some changes to their squad. Huge odds on another un-fancied lower league side. Leicester just look like a coupon buster to me. Macclesfield @ 5.75 - Skybet V Cardiff. Macclesfield + 0.5 @ 2.2 - bet365 V Cardiff. The third Championship side I think probably have wider ambitions, and don't really need the money a good cup win will give them. I'd expect Cardiff to make a lot of changes here, and they've already been knocked out by Northampton in the Carling Cup earlier in the season.
I tell you if my selections recently actually went to plan for the full ninety minutes :( Happy with the three potential shocks, done by a 90th minute goal at Hull. Fulham V Blackpool should easily have gone over. Can't believe Tranmere couldn't get a consolation.

Aldershot-Rotherham AH-0.25 @1.86 4/10 188bet Aldershot are fighting against relegation. They don't have a good squad and furthermore a very poor home record with only 2 victories in 12 matches while they lost 7 out of their home fixtures. For this match they will miss striker Dani Lopez (4 goals) who is cup.tied. Rotherham do have the best squad in the division as manager Evans signed some very good footballers in the summers. they had problems with injuries but now those problems have eased as Tonge, Ainswoeth and Noble all being back after injuries. Furthermore they were able so sign highly-rated Liverpool striker Morgan on loan and he will be available for this match. Strikers Revell (rest) and Nardiello (virus) are also back in contention. A victory would give Rotherham further options to bolster their squad to make sure they realise their promotion push. These two sides already faced each other as Aldershot were defeated by Rotherham with 3-0. Rotherham have won their 4 last matches on the road and will do so here as well. GL
3:1 lost

Macclesfield-Cardiff under 2.75 @1.85 4/10 188bet Macclesfield are playing in the fifth division while Cardiff are on top of the second division. Cardiff are expected ro rest their entire first team for this match as their number one goal is the promotion. as they have new owners since summer, they don't need the money of this competition. All of their first XI players are set to remain at home. Many fringe players will play. Macclesfield will certainly give them a good fight in front of a full house. Macclesfield will miss their right-back Jackson as he was sent of for a brutal attack in their last match. Striker Barnes-Homer (15 goals) was pictured on twitter with crutches so he is doubtful. Even with him, they will have a tough match although Cardiff play with their second team. Nevertheless the difference between both sides shouldn't be that big under these circumstances. Cardiff's second stringe will find it tough and I cannot see them winning higher than with just a one-goal-margin. Both teams to play more defensively, Cardiff play with their reserves and Macclesfield in front of their fans with the big chance to achieve the next round. 1:0, 1:1 or 0:1 for me. GL
2:1 half lost

Barnsley-Burnley under 2.75 @1.72 4/10 188bet Barnsley have a underish home record. Striker Davies (8 goals) has got an offer from Bolton and will be out of this match as Bolton hope to sign him in time for their FA Cup match. Furthermore striker Tudgay (3 goals) who was on loan from Nottingham returned to his parent club after breaking his collarbone, and mdifielder Greening (1 goal) returned to Nottingham as well. Midfielder Mellis (3 goals / 8 assists) is also a doubt for this match. Burnley are not in great form like Barnsley. Striker Austin (19 goals) misses out again. Midfielder Marney (2 goals / 1 assists) and forward Paterson (4 goals / 1 assist) came off with injury problems against Sheffield Wednesday and will be assessed. Winger Stanislas (2 goals / 6 assists) is another injury doubt due to harmstring problems. Both teams have problems in their offense which will see this match being underish. GL
1:0 won