** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

"Sports-Betting as a Business" (108 picks +38% yield)

zbrochu

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (102 picks +37% yield)

Just a heads up' date=' you might get better odds in other bookies because for some reason zbrochu's tips nearly always lower the odds after he posts them. I don't know if they're watching the thread or if a lot of people are backing the team at the same time, but I've found better odds outside pinnacle lately due to heavy reductions in odds. So always worth shopping around. When I follow other (less popular) systems I can usually get the best odds, or thereabouts, on pinnacle.[/quote'] Yes, I agree it is always good to check all available odds and not fixate on Pinny or Bet365 even tough they are only ones I use for simplicity for my strategy. I have taken SBOBET or BF odds on few occassion . this is tool I use: http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/spain/primera-division-2012-2013/rayo-vallecano-real-sociedad-1382674/#1X2;2

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (102 picks +37% yield) After all the fuss about where Cagliari were playing they still won well... I picked a good week to add to up my stakes a bit :) Great work once again! I noticed the new strategy testing on your site in the forum section Mr Zbrochu, I was wondering what leagues you use for this new strategy, because many of the teams I have never heard of before. For example in your main strategy and asian handicaps, I know to look for EPL, EC, League 1, League 2, Conference, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. Also would help the date of the match so I know what date to look :) I don't want to pick the wrong match ;-0

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (102 picks +37% yield) Well, the referee presented Cagliari with a penalty, which changed the flow of the game. Up till that point Inter was playing better, but, a good win for this thread :)

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (102 picks +37% yield)

Well' date=' the referee presented Cagliari with a penalty, which changed the flow of the game. Up till that point Inter was playing better, but, a good win for this thread :)[/quote'] Well, you do not know what kind of information I use to select my bets ;) I have just posted an announcement that I look for few people that are willing to cooperate with me and help me do some analytic stuff in excel etc. I simply lack time to cover everything perfectly on my own. I want to test 2-3 new strategies and it would be too time consuming to post leagues for each game. It is just a test so my advice would be to watch it for 4-5 months before considering betting this with real money, anyway. The rule I have set to this tests that you might find convenient though, is that I always use names of teams that are the same that oddsportal use. So it is enough to open their "next matches" page where all games are listed and to click ctrl+f and to type first letters of the team. I do post date of the match and besides these games (from strategies being tested) are posted on matchdays always. My website address is in my signature below sir :) Thanks!

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (102 picks +37% yield) Hi zbrochu what staking do you suggest for your picks % of bank if so this would improve the amount won? Ideally £100 a bet would make a decent living if strike rate was maintained just going to pinny and betting shops and exchanges.

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (105 picks +42% yield)

I recommend 1% bets. "Decent living" - it depends if you follow h2h and asians or h2h only. And it depends where you live and what lifestyle you have :)
that's true thanks for quick response, I need £10k for deposit on house as just got new car with other winnings so was thinking £50 a bet Over 5 months if you can keep current rate up for me ;)

I recommend 1% bets. "Decent living" - it depends if you follow h2h and asians or h2h only. And it depends where you live and what lifestyle you have :)
What do you mean by "h2h" zbrochu :unsure ?

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (105 picks +42% yield) Just a minor point Z.... have noticed the text of your webpage says "Last update of asian handicap bets: Monday, 19.04.2013" ie it always says Monday no matter what the date.. Just telling you so you can make it look more professional in case you planning to go pro.

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (105 picks +42% yield) Southampton here and Northampton in AH; and no Southampton there (which is strange - usually straight selections posted here are played as an AH also). Mistake or am I overthinking?

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (105 picks +42% yield) Some of those handicaps I just can't bet on. For example yield is calculated based on Pinnacle odds Newport 1.95, I can only get 1.893, not worth it to me for low margin strategy. Cheltenham 1.99 down to 1.91, similar stuff every time. Usually you can't get better than Pinnacle but I can't seem to get any viable odds lately from zbrochu's tips for AH's. 10% yield strategy when bookie takes away half of that is difficult. I had thought I could just make a Pinnacle account and always get near best odds but looks like I will have to make a million betting accounts and compare odds if I do AHs.

Southampton here and Northampton in AH; and no Southampton there (which is strange - usually straight selections posted here are played as an AH also). Mistake or am I overthinking?
Hi, this is no mistake, it is deliberate.

For example yield is calculated based on Pinnacle odds Newport 1.95, I can only get 1.893
- yield is not calculated on Pinnacle odds. I have listed bookmakers I use.
Usually you can't get better than Pinnacle but I can't seem to get any viable odds lately from zbrochu's tips for AH's
- Disagree. Most games I get better prices in Asia.
I had thought I could just make a Pinnacle account and always get near best odds but looks like I will have to make a million betting accounts and compare odds if I do AHs.
- Yes, this is what I would advise doing. And not million, four is enough.

Re: "Sports-Betting as a Business" (105 picks +42% yield) I have just checked asian odds (except Bury that was ommited by asians this week) Frankfurt 1,91 2,09 0,18 Derby 2,08 2 -0,08 Burton 1,97 1,92 -0,05 Cheltenham 1,99 1,94 -0,05 Northampton 1,91 2 0,09 Nuneaton 2,04 1,98 -0,06 Newport County 1,95 1,94 -0,01 Osaunsa 1,89 1,88 -0,01 Palermo 1,8 1,78 -0,02 Sevilla 1,79 1,79 0 If we sum up last column, it means now the follower of this picks has 0.01 lower odds that the one sent earlier.

Cheltenham 1.99 down to 1.91, similar stuff every time
No one force you to follow this game if is so painful for you. I am sorry but it makes me feel a bit frustrated. I put 20 hours a week run this service, to find picks, pay programmers, hostings, domains, manage database, create new strategies, reply to picks, write on forums and you complain about 0.01 difference because you do not feel like using odds-comparison services and opening account at more than one bookmakers.
10% yield strategy when bookie takes away half of that is difficult
How did you calculate half of the profit? I my yield is +14% at the moment, at 1.96 average odds, it means i have a hit rate of 58.2%. In order to have +7% yield (half of profits), one would have to place 1.84 odds on average. Do you really have 1.84 odds on average on my AH picks? I share picks on most liquid market (AH) and most liquid leagues (EPL, Bundesleague, Primera etc.) so I think the problem is the least in comparison to some betting services that have +10% yield and use some ****ty bookmakers that limit you in one week and they play games like handball or waterpolo where drops from 2.40 to 1.60 are common.

Here, they come . Good luck! BURY 7.50 SOUTHAMPTON 3.11 PALERMO 3.83
Thanks, I've followed my usual strategy and put them in a trixie, taking Bury double chance at 2.6. Got 3.25 Southampton but had to take 3.4 Palermo (3.6 best available elsewhere for me). No complaints from me about not getting on at the stated prices, it's up to us to look out for your posts and put a bit of effort in to get the best odds available to us.

Some of those handicaps I just can't bet on. For example yield is calculated based on Pinnacle odds Newport 1.95' date=' I can only get 1.893, not worth it to me for low margin strategy. Cheltenham 1.99 down to 1.91, similar stuff every time. Usually you can't get better than Pinnacle but I can't seem to get any viable odds lately from zbrochu's tips for AH's. 10% yield strategy when bookie takes away half of that is difficult. I had thought I could just make a Pinnacle account and always get near best odds but looks like I will have to make a million betting accounts and compare odds if I do AHs.[/quote'] Could fully understand your frustration if this was a paid service.... but its not!:wall Thanks again Zbochu for the time and effort you have put in, Superb work Good Luck:hope

I have just checked asian odds (except Bury that was ommited by asians this week) Frankfurt 1,91 2,09 0,18 Derby 2,08 2 -0,08 Burton 1,97 1,92 -0,05 Cheltenham 1,99 1,94 -0,05 Northampton 1,91 2 0,09 Nuneaton 2,04 1,98 -0,06 Newport County 1,95 1,94 -0,01 Osaunsa 1,89 1,88 -0,01 Palermo 1,8 1,78 -0,02 Sevilla 1,79 1,79 0 If we sum up last column, it means now the follower of this picks has 0.01 lower odds that the one sent earlier. No one force you to follow this game if is so painful for you. I am sorry but it makes me feel a bit frustrated. I put 20 hours a week run this service, to find picks, pay programmers, hostings, domains, manage database, create new strategies, reply to picks, write on forums and you complain about 0.01 difference because you do not feel like using odds-comparison services and opening account at more than one bookmakers. How did you calculate half of the profit? I my yield is +14% at the moment, at 1.96 average odds, it means i have a hit rate of 58.2%. In order to have +7% yield (half of profits), one would have to place 1.84 odds on average. Do you really have 1.84 odds on average on my AH picks? I share picks on most liquid market (AH) and most liquid leagues (EPL, Bundesleague, Primera etc.) so I think the problem is the least in comparison to some betting services that have +10% yield and use some ****ty bookmakers that limit you in one week and they play games like handball or waterpolo where drops from 2.40 to 1.60 are common.
OK Thanks zbrochu, I will get the asian bookies. It's just that I always heard Pinnacle has the best odds, I'll get the 4 accounts you mention. I think there's no one here who does not appreciate your work, I didn't mean it in that way. Frustration was not with you, it really was with Pinnacle, always claiming lowest margins but I find their odds suck sometimes and they don't have many markets compared to others e.g. 365. Also it was to say maybe your tips are being followed so odds decreased (or maybe that's paranoid?) When you go pro it would be good to keep it in a private area, hopefully to keep prying eyes out.

OK Thanks zbrochu, I will get the asian bookies. It's just that I always heard Pinnacle has the best odds, I'll get the 4 accounts you mention. I think there's no one here who does not appreciate your work, I didn't mean it in that way. Frustration was not with you, it really was with Pinnacle, always claiming lowest margins but I find their odds suck sometimes and they don't have many markets compared to others e.g. 365. Also it was to say maybe your tips are being followed so odds decreased (or maybe that's paranoid?) When you go pro it would be good to keep it in a private area, hopefully to keep prying eyes out.
Hi mate, just to clearify some things and this is nothing personal. The odds on the bookies change very fast and can drop or rise in any minute. It is comparable to the stock market. So the odds zbrochu mentions are only kind of a snapshot. They could be higher or lower come time you like to bet.

Could fully understand your frustration if this was a paid service.... but its not!:wall
I would not understand frustration even if this was a paid service. Odds movement happen all the time in AH market but luckily they are not caused by bets of of my followers.
OK , thanks for claryfing. Cheers.