Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Newcastle United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov Was thinking Stoke will be a popular choice this Wednesday. But the price is gone on Stoke already and they are now trading around Evens and will probably be under that come Weds night. They have an excellent record at home with the last loss coming to Sunderland in February. However I am leaning towards the price on Newcastle now at nearly 3/1 which should be available at some stage. A big plus is that Coloccini will be back although Steven Taylor looks like he's out now. But Colo does bring a confidence to the team and I just think the price is now a bit juicy. Cabaye will also miss out but I see Pardew going with Ba up front on his own just like last season when The Toon won 3-1. To be a little bit safer Il go with Newcastle DNB as my main Bet as I think there is value in it at 7/4 and I don't have Stoke as Even money shots. My Bets Newcastle DNB @ 7/4....8 Pts Newcaste Win @ 11/4....3 Pts And just for fun in hope of last seasons scoreline Newcastle -1 EH @ 8/1....1 Pt.

Draw @ 3.5 - Betfred. I'm leaning toward the draw here. Simply because Stoke have been as limited as ever this season so far. The draw is probably the more logical option as Stoke will be extremely tough to beat on their own patch, while the chances of Stoke winning rely very much on such a tight basis. Stoke are now under two in some places, which I think is too short given how close their games are. Stoke barely had any shots on goal against Fulham, and it was the same story against Q.P.R. They basically are over relying I feel on taking the lead and closing the game out, which can only last so long, and I think Newcastle are slightly too long here for the win, given that Fulham were shorter. It probably looks like another under'ish type of game. Newcastle are suffering with a few injuries, but welcome back Colocinni for this game. While Stoke won't score or concede many at home. Newcastle are worth a point hereIMO.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov Yesterday's game with Saints was a massive letdown for Newcastle. I could not believe how bad they were. Southampton completely bossed the game, played really well, and hit the woodwork 3 times. They also had a perfectly legit goal disallowed (which must have pleased the over 2.5's not end). Krul made a few really good saves, so Saints could have won the game 6-0 :eek . Yes Newcastle were that bad.... It was bizarre, they just stopped playing !!!! This is not form, it's much worse than that. It's attitude and commitment, which was really lacking. It's not something that's easily fixed !!! Maybe Newcastle just had an incredible overachieving season last year. This season they look flat and very average. Stoke have conceded 1 goal in 6 games at home. The next best in the Premiership is WBA with 5 goals in 7. Cannot see Newcastle breaking down the Stoke WALL, and I do see Stoke nicking a goal or two. If Newcastle can't threaten Southampton , then what chance against Stoke ? Three bets I do like and will take stoke to win 1-0 is 6-1 will go against both teams to score at 8/10 Home Win 1/1 various To me the under 2.5 is a bad price (13/20) , because if Newcastle repeat Sunday's performance stoke could get 3 :loon Neil.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov this is an obvious stoke win with newcastle having such a small squad. newcastle coach said after the loss to southampton that he's forced to put out younger players because of injuires that are not performing well so i'm going with stoke

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov Stoke is a team who like to score and park the bus.We saw how hard is to score against Stoke again this weekend.11 out of Stoke's last 13 games went under 2.5 while only 1 out of last 5 games produced more than 1 goal..Newcastle is having hard time right now.They hardly manage to score even a single goal while keep it tight at the back even without Coloccini and Taylor.Now with Coloccini back their defence will be pretty much solid i think.I think we'ss see the common scenario...Stoke scoring and Newcastle trying to hit back and 1:0 at the end. 1.65 with bet 365

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov I think the onus is on Stoke here to get a result. They have only scored 5 goals in 6 matches at home and Newcastle usually grab a goal away from home. (Only failed to score in 2 of their last 8 away fixtures). I fancy Newcastle could take the lead here and Then the entire usual Stoke Gameplan changes. Im pretty confident Newcastle can get a result here an could not take that Price on Stoke. Just seen that X2 is 4/5 with PPower and Id be happier with that.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov

Stoke barely had any shots on goal against Fulham, and it was the same story against Q.P.R.
Stoke should have scored 3 or 4 against Fulham minimal. Newcastle had very poor game at Southampton (hosts hit woodwork 3 times). Unless somethin extraordinary doesn't happen, this should be very easy home win.

Stoke should have scored 3 or 4 against Fulham minimal. Newcastle had very poor game at Southampton (hosts hit woodwork 3 times). Unless somethin extraordinary doesn't happen' date=' this should be very easy home win.[/quote'] There is no such thing as a very easy win when Stoke is involved. Fulham were by far the better side in the second half, i agree Stoke are likely to win, but a very easy home win is unlikely in my opinion. Stoke don't have the forwards or the style of play to win a game by 3 or 4 goals. If they go 1-0 up, they will sit back and rest on it, and try to nick a 2nd with a set piece.

• Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring), Ryan Taylor (knee), Dan Gosling (knee), Yohan Cabaye (groin), Haris Vuckic (knee), Shola Ameobi (groin), James Perch (thigh) and Adam Campbell (neck) was Newcastle injury list before the trip to Southampton. If nothing changes then Stoke should win tomorrow.

James Perch returned for the Southampton game :ok albeit from the bench... Ben Arfa and Cabaye are the main absentees for me, although the others aren't massive players IMO. Adam Campbell, Dan Gosling, Vuckic and Ryan Taylor have all been out most the season. Shola Ameobi isn't first choice when Ba and Cisse are available IMO.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov *Stoke > 4 Points WIN @ 2.00 Ladbrokes* I genuinely thought Stoke would be odds-on by now. I think even money is a good price for the home side. They are unbeaten at home this season, winning 3 and drawing 3. Newcastle are yet to win on the road this season with 4 draws and 2 losses. I think you would be crazy to back Newcastle in any way for this match due to their poor current form, poor form on the road, the huge injury list, and playing a side unbeaten at home, that are very physical. Stoke have won 2 of their last 3 games, against QPR and Fulham. They do lack a bit of finesse up front, but i think if they nick a goal against Newcastle, they will sit back and play for a 1-0 win, something they are very good at doing. They have a big aerial threat and will be very dangerous from set pieces. Newcastle welcome back Coloccini which is a big boost for them, but Ben Arfa, Obertan, Gosling, Cabaye, Taylor and Vuckic remain on the injury list. Ben Arfa is a massive loss, as he is their main threat going forward from midfield. I think Stoke will boss this game with their physicality, they will put Newcastle under a lot of pressure from set pieces. I would even worry for a full strength Newcastle side travelling to Stoke, so a depleted out of form side, i definately fancy Stoke to get all 3 points in this match and continue their good run of form.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov I'm going big on Stoke here! Stoke will be full of confidence after there win over fulham and should've killed game off in first have with the amount of chances they created! Newcastle were dire against Southampton and kept giving away possession which is a big part of there game! And I'm not surprised without there two main ball players cabaye and Ben arfa. These are out for a while so won't improve against Stoke. Colluchini is back but Taylor is out which is also good news for Stoke because Taylor is better in the air than colluchini. Williamson who will come in often has defensive lapses. 10 points Stoke win!!!

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov If Newcastle don't get some of their players back I can see stoke winning this 2-0, the squad players clearly cant cut it losing 2-0 at home to Swansea then comfortably against a good attacking Southampton team. If they have to play young players stoke will just bully them out of the game, Newcastle are in freefall and anyone that seen the Liverpool game will know colocinni can have dodgy enough positioning at times,the only thing that means is guttierez can play further up the pitch but stoke have a resolute defence at home and I think Kightly Walters Crouch and Adam will make it another tough night for Newcastle. Stoke @ evens Various

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov Stoke @ 2.00 sportsbet Stoke -1 (EH) @ 3.75 sportsbet Stoke have been very good at home, as they have won 3 and drawn 3 of their 6 home games, and conceded just one goal at home, and hard to see this Newcastle side, which has lost their last three EPL game, and that is missing ben Arfa in attack, while Ba and Cisse are off their game, troubling them. Newcastle on the other hand have been leaking goals especially on the road, where they have conceded in each of their six away games in the EPL, and allowed two goals in three of these six away games. There is enough in Crouch and Walters to cause problems for this defence while Adam has scored the only goal in their last two home games. Going to Stoke, midweek, near the start of winter is never an easy game for anyone, let alone a team like Newcastle that is short on confidence and a mounting injury toll

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov I'm going with few of people here seeing some opportunity tonight for Castle. First of all Stoke at home are tough team to beat - but only against top teams. It's simple - the best teams like City, United or CFC are always afraid when going to Britannia due to hard style that Pulis approves. They cannot afford to lose top players due to fact, that they participate also in European Cups. If I'm wrong, how can You explain last season ? All taken together City, United, CFC, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and L'pool managed to score ONLY 5 goals at Stoke ! But on the other hand QPR and Newcastle scored 6. Also none of big teams won at Britannia and yet, QPR, Castle, WBA and Sunderland managed to win and bring 3 points. Explain that to me ;) For me things are simple - Stoke play real tough and hard football when it is necessary and against top teams it is because opponents prefer technical ball. But teams like Castle oraz Sunderland put more pressure and effort on the hard style too, but not forgetting about technical one. And that gives them advantage over Pulis tall-lads. Stoke on good run at home but that team IMO opinion has very little chance to finish in first 10 at the end of season. They dont have to be affraid of getting relegated cause will grab some important points but games like that - they are not the most important in Pulis season notebook. Castle have lost 3 games so far (and have to remember, that games not against top teams but agains WHU, Swansea and Soton). It is time to get back on good road for Padrew's team. Many injuries people say ? I still notice Krul, Guttiereze, Tiote, Anita, Cisse, Ba and Collocini returning back. Odds on Stoke going down so better for me. Will wait a quarter before game, maybe odds on Magpies will rise : Stoke - Newcastle pick : 2 dnb @ ?? 4/10 ??

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov Wow. Ok. A physical on top of its game Stoke side at home under floodlights, second game in a row at home vs, a Newcastle side depleted due to their schedule, tired and second game away from home in a row. Newcastle must be very down and Stoke very high. I cant see stoke not giving their all or being overconfident. Its just too clear of an outcome that Im wondering if it can be true. I just cant imagine Newcastle suddenly stepping up their game. They will at some point look for their next home game hoping some players come back. I will bet heavily on Stoke not to loose and to win this game. This I will cover with Ba to score as he seems to be the only threat, scoring last year out.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov Thus far this season at home, Stoke have faced big underdogs (over 4.00) three times...they beat Swans 2-0 and QPR 1-0, and drew 0-0 against Sunderland. Last season in this position they won 4, drew 2 and lost 3 (Newcastle, QPR and West Brom won there). It's really as home dogs that they play their best. Last season, they got four draws at home against Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal. This year they drew against Man City. It's really impressive. But as home favorites, 6-3-3 last season and this. Still a decent record, but not a fortress.

I'm going with few of people here seeing some opportunity tonight for Castle. First of all Stoke at home are tough team to beat - but only against top teams. It's simple - the best teams like City, United or CFC are always afraid when going to Britannia due to hard style that Pulis approves. They cannot afford to lose top players due to fact, that they participate also in European Cups. If I'm wrong, how can You explain last season ? All taken together City, United, CFC, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and L'pool managed to score ONLY 5 goals at Stoke ! But on the other hand QPR and Newcastle scored 6. Also none of big teams won at Britannia and yet, QPR, Castle, WBA and Sunderland managed to win and bring 3 points. Explain that to me ;)
Stoke are probably the simplest EPL side around, and it really is simple here. Stoke as underdogs are different to Stoke as favourites. As ATT says above, they might sneak another one nil win, but I don't understand why Stoke are being painted as this beast full of confidence, while Newcastle are apparently demoralised. They've just reached the knock out phase of the Europa League...

Stoke are probably the simplest EPL side around' date=' and it really is simple here. Stoke as underdogs are different to Stoke as favourites. As ATT says above, they might sneak another one nil win, but I don't understand why Stoke are being painted as this beast full of confidence, while Newcastle are apparently demoralised. They've just reached the knock out phase of the Europa League...[/quote'] It is fair to say, and even Pardew admitted this himself, that their excursions in the Europa League has been the pivotal reason or their injury list and poor league form. I don't think Stoke as underdogs are any different to Stoke as favourites. They were favourite's against both Fulham and QPR recently, and won both of those games.

It is fair to say' date=' and even Pardew admitted this himself, that their excursions in the Europa League has been the pivotal reason or their injury list and poor league form. I don't think Stoke as underdogs are any different to Stoke as favourites. They were favourite's against both Fulham and QPR recently, and won both of those games.[/quote'] They still qualified though, didn't they? If we forget the Europa league for a minute, I was just trying to put forward a point questioning their apparent lack of confidence :ok I don't agree the wins over Rangers and Fulham were wholly convincing. When I watch Stoke it's almost as though they're having to force the win. But naturally, they do win on average six home games a season as favourites.

They still qualified though, didn't they? If we forget the Europa league for a minute, I was just trying to put forward a point questioning their apparent lack of confidence :ok I don't agree the wins over Rangers and Fulham were wholly convincing. When I watch Stoke it's almost as though they're having to force the win. But naturally, they do win on average six home games a season as favourites.
(paraphrased)Pardew himself said that they lack confidence as the regulars provide that confidence to the fringe players. He mentions that there is a difference in the pretension/entitlement to what they achieved last season and what they did this season. Also europe and premiere league are two totally different horses and newcastle concentrating very much on the EL cost them. I think, and pardew said that too, they were not fighting enough vs. southampton. the question is why? I think its cause they lack confidence, cause of not performing well, and lack of stamina from EL games. At stoke they need to either fight back and/or beat them technicaly. I think its a big question if they are capable of that. Stoke is confident cause their gameplan works and they can rely on that simple plan. I think that simple plan could work again vs newcastle cause newcastle isnt properly prepared for them at this moment in time. Well, still the risk is that Stoke doesnt convert or falls behind and isnt capable of getting 2 goals. Tough last time at home they created some good chances.

Re: Stoke City v Newcastle United > Wednesday 28th Nov I can certainly understand why people would be wary of backing Stoke in this match and I wouldn't normally touch them at evens against Newcastle. One crucial point though is Newcastle's schedule. They played in the Europa Thursday night, away at Southamptn Sunday and now away at Stoke Wednesday night. That is a heavy work load for a depleted side. When you then take into account that Stoke rely so much on fitness, I can see how this could be a very tough match for Toon. Im not betting on this but on Thursday night when I looked at the fixtures, I definitely thought that Stoke would have an edge here. The price then was 2.20 though and I think that's the sort of price I would need. I think there is a good chance of the draw or Stoke nicking this by a goal. Good luck to anyone on Stoke;)

Draw @ 3.5 - Betfred. I'm leaning toward the draw here. Simply because Stoke have been as limited as ever this season so far. The draw is probably the more logical option as Stoke will be extremely tough to beat on their own patch, while the chances of Stoke winning rely very much on such a tight basis. Stoke are now under two in some places, which I think is too short given how close their games are. Stoke barely had any shots on goal against Fulham, and it was the same story against Q.P.R. They basically are over relying I feel on taking the lead and closing the game out, which can only last so long, and I think Newcastle are slightly too long here for the win, given that Fulham were shorter. It probably looks like another under'ish type of game. Newcastle are suffering with a few injuries, but welcome back Colocinni for this game. While Stoke won't score or concede many at home. Newcastle are worth a point hereIMO.
Well done Stoke backers :clap Happy I took the draw though as it was five minutes away from coming off... The season is a sprint, not a marathon ...