BBOTD Saturday 24th November

340 Haydock - Ballybough Gorta @ SP - Win Im not going to be around to take a price unfortunately but I really think this horse has a very good chance tomorrow. This race is going to be a real slog which is something I think this horse will relish. The form of his last two runs at Haydock & Stratford have worked out very well and I would disappointed if he wasnt involved at the finish.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 12.45 Lingfield: Ready @ 4/1 Paddy Power Ready gave an impressive All-Weather debut last week here at Lingfield winning a decent enough looking Handicap in pretty good style. He travelled nicely in rear but was there not in the best position as the pace was slow and as a result of that he was slightly outpaced when the pace increased considerably 3f out. He lost a bit of ground turning for home but found then another gear and produced a nice turn of foot to win with a bit of authority in the end. I'm pretty sure there is much more to come from him as he should be better over this fast All-Weather surface than over soft ground which he encountered all the season bar his debut - even though he did quite well in most of his races to be fair. I think he is the horse to beat in this race anyway as there are question marks about most of the rest of the field. Pace might be an issue in this small field tomorrow but I thought Ready has loads of speed and therefore he can win this Conditions Stakes.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 2:10 Ascot: Ghizao 1pt win 10/1 Ladbrokes If the breathing operation has worked for Ghizao then he is overpriced here. The jury still has to be out because its hard to draw any firm conclusions from his first run at Kempton where he won a three runner race. However that gives some encouragement as he was sent of a firm favourite and Hell's Bay is a decent horse. A couple of seasons back Ghizao looked very much on the up and beat Captain Chris a twice. And Captain Chris has beaten Finian's Rainbow in the past. All of which leaves the impression that if Ghizao can recapture his old form he could go very close.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November Bloodsweatandtears 1.20 Lingfield 7/1(bet365) well handicapped for good trainer/jockey combo(Knight/Crowley). Back down to 7f which was last winning distance. Ran only once at course when finishing 4th off 75 in early summer and off 64 today. Hinted that he was about to strike when just fading late on on heavy ground over 8f. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 1410 ascot 1pt win finians rainbow evens pp has won its seasonal debut for last 3 years and has a decent chance to extend it to 4,has had 13 races over jumps with an impressive 9 wins,and 3 places, although giving weight to all rivals, i am hopeful it can win again

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November Try again after getting my horses mixed up today! What a donut! Meant Restless Harry but got confused as in a rush before work, does not matter as lost anyway! 14.10 Ascot Finian's Rainbow1 pt win Evens PP Top class horse, clear top on official ratings even giving weight to others, previous course winner, should be far to good for the rest of these. Nicky Henderson will have this fit for this first time out and reports on Racing UK that he is "a completely different horse this time" compared to last year. Will win by a wide margin.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November *Kingarrick > Wolverhampton 9:20 > 0.5 Points e/w @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG* Interesting to see Willie Carson get the ride here, as sometimes he gets a lot of gambled on rides. This is only it's second outing for the new yard, Noel Wilson, and we might see an improved performance due to it being there so soon. It had been running ok off a mark of 73 on the AW only last year, and tomorrow runs off 60, so the handicapper has given it a massive chance if they can get the horse tuned up. It is 10 pounds lower than it's last AW run.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November Haydock 14:00 - Dashing George This horse has strangely not been touched by the handicapper, despite winning and finising second on his last two starts. His victory at Sandown (3m + soft) was done in nice style and that was followed up with a decent second to Marufo when upped in class. Being bottom weight here should be of benefit given the conditions and on recent form he shouldn't be getting 10lbs+ from the field. His six career victories to date were all on ground described as soft or heavy and his most recent two were over extended trips. Should go well with plenty in his favour. 1pt win @ 7/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 9:20 Wolves - Chookie Hamilton - 1pt Win 7/1 Bet365. Dalgleish and Fanning combo always to be feared at Wolves I think especially when there seems to have been money around. First run since joining back to this trainer and has its first run off a seemingly low mark considering its past handicap marks. Hopefully they've got this one tuned up on its first run back.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 12.20 Haydock Fancy HOLLOW TREE to upset the favourite, Balder Succes here. The favourite has a bit to prove for me, has often been hyped and not lived up to it, the McCain horse, on the other hand, beat Countryside Flame when winning a Grade 1 hurdle at Chepstow last year, is clearly no mug himself. When Jason gives him a boot in the ribs and sends him on, he might be tough to peg back on this ground. Also like the look of Charlie Longsdon's Universal Solider in the 3.00. He ran in the four miler at Cheltenham last season, gets a trip, should handle ground, and could be well treated off his present mark now handicapping. Not my BBOTD though as it will be a slog today and result could go anyway. Also like Master Overseer in the 3.40 also at Haydock. He has that bit of class about him and providing the handbreak is off - as he does hold a Welsh National entry, he could be too good for these. Won the Midlands National and could have better to offer over fences for Pipe. Like with Universal Solider though, its a big hcap chase, so overlooked in favour of Hollow Tree of the three for BBOTD.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November THE GIANT BOLSTER 3.05 Haydock. 1 point win. I like this horse and think this could be his year. The trip and ground's fine and apparently ready to go this season. Already finished in front of Long Run, and I see no reason why he cannot finish in front of him again. The track shouldn't be a concern and jumps well enough, so should be more than capable of fighting out the finish of this. 7/1 Stan James BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 12.55 River Dragon 0.5pt E/W 66/1 Bet365 A massive price for a horse whose record in heavy ground hurdles races is 2-3-2-1. It's carrying at least 10lb less than the rest of the field (13lb if you include the jockeys claim) and it's not unknown to get shock results in desperate ground. It's interesting as well that the jockey has only been on board the horse 3 times and has won twice.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 230 Haydock: >Betfair Don’t Settle For Less Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) (3m) Very competitive stuff here and one or two unknown quantities in the race including the favourite Katkeau, he could be anything but I’d sooner leave him alone this time at the prices. Saphir River is interesting back over hurdles and up in trip, Lucinda Russell is going well and I think there could be a lot of improvement in this one. Jonjo has a chance with Holywell who is unexposed and Sivola De Sivola has solid form at this level and won’t be far away for Tom George and Paddy Brennan. Stays very well and the yard are in fine form. Should have took the 13/2 last night but hey ho not to know Pricewise would get involved. Selection; 1pt Sivola De Sivola 5/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 12:20 Haydock - Balder Success - Back This looks a match on paper between Balder Success and Hollow Tree. The rest look to be racing for 3rd at best. Hollow tree is a quality front runner at this level and is sure to make a bold bid to make all but Balder Success is just a better horse in my opinion and should go past in the final couple of furlongs 1pt win @ 8/13 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November 15.40 Haydock: Bellflower Boy, 9/1 BetVictor, win Bellflower Boy ran well lto on his seasonal reappearance. He finished third just three lengths behind the winner after tiring late on. That should put him right for today. Back over fences, he runs off a 19 pound lower mark. In his last run over fences at the end of last season, he finished second over 30f. He drops to 28f today which should suit as he won very comfortably over 26f this time two years ago. Today's ground shouldn't be a problem either as he won on soft and heavy in the past. Trainer Richard Newland is in great form with 5 wins from 11 runs this month. He also has a great record when jockey Tom O'Brien rides for him with a 39% SR (13/33) for a £15.60 lsp. O'Brien has a good record at Haydock with 9 winners from 40 rides for a lsp of £23.08.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November

*Kingarrick > Wolverhampton 9:20 > 0.5 Points e/w @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG* Interesting to see Willie Carson get the ride here, as sometimes he gets a lot of gambled on rides. This is only it's second outing for the new yard, Noel Wilson, and we might see an improved performance due to it being there so soon. It had been running ok off a mark of 73 on the AW only last year, and tomorrow runs off 60, so the handicapper has given it a massive chance if they can get the horse tuned up. It is 10 pounds lower than it's last AW run.
Non Runner BH. *Chookie Hamilton > Wolverhampton 9:20 > WIN @ 7/2 Stanjames BOG* Very interesting to see the money come for this one, as it is having it's debut for the Dalgleish yard tonight, at a track where the trainer does so well, and with Joe Fanning booked. The horse itself is a 5 time course winner, two over course and distance. It's last win here on the AW was off a mark of 76, and runs off 57 tonight, 19 pounds lower than that run in 2009. That was also Class 4 and tonight is Class 6, if it retains any of that ability it could scoot up tonight. Yard is going well and big chance according to the market.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th November

Non Runner BH. *Chookie Hamilton > Wolverhampton 9:20 > WIN @ 7/2 Stanjames BOG* Very interesting to see the money come for this one, as it is having it's debut for the Dalgleish yard tonight, at a track where the trainer does so well, and with Joe Fanning booked. The horse itself is a 5 time course winner, two over course and distance. It's last win here on the AW was off a mark of 76, and runs off 57 tonight, 19 pounds lower than that run in 2009. That was also Class 4 and tonight is Class 6, if it retains any of that ability it could scoot up tonight. Yard is going well and big chance according to the market.
Why do I get the feeling you were teasing me by letting me get within a couple of quid! Good winner for both you and Nick!