** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November

Aidymac

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November

Cant wait for this one' date=' 2-0 chelsea![/quote'] Hi Grease2000, very :welcome to PL. We would really appreciate at least 20 words of reasoning as to why you fancy Chelsea mate, tips without reasoning are frowned upon here as all the PL gang love an informative reason as to why they should back your selection. Get stuck in and welcome. :)

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Chelsea v Liverpool Gotta say Liverpool looked a lot better against Newcastle on Sunday. They had some snap, and zip to their game. Looked excellent for 25 minutes, and then the game settled down. They have this frenetic energy going forward. To step up to the next level they have to channel it better. Suarez had a great game, just wish he would spend more time on his feet, instead of writhing around in mock agony :puke. Liverpool have done pretty well against Chelsea at the Bridge. Chelsea vs. Liverpool Date HT FT 2011-11-20 0-1 1-2 2011-02-06 0-0 0-1 2009-10-04 0-0 2-0 2008-10-26 0-1 0-1 2008-02-10 0-0 0-0 2006-09-17 1-0 1-0 2006-02-05 1-0 2-0 2004-10-03 0-0 1-0 2004-01-07 0-1 0-1 2003-05-11 2-1 2-1 Not much in it, and they are always up for the big games. Maybe too tough to call, and one to avoid as a punter. I want to bet on games were there is a definite edge. ie a great team vs. a bad one. One in form vs. one who is not . A team thats scoring vs. team that can't defend. These two are evenly matched..... Neil.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Despite Liverpool's recent improvement and Chelsea's disappointing results v Man Utd and Swansea, I think Chelsea to win at evens (Coral) represents great value. Before the Ivanivic sending off they looked like they were going to win the Man U game and I think they'll be too strong for Liverpool. As a comparison, when Chelsea played Newcastle earlier this season the best price was 1.53!!

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Chelsea-Liverpool hw 4/10 2.10 dc 1x 8/10 1.28 i'm surprised to see so high odds on Chelsea i underline i'm not impressed from Blues,they play unstable and often conced,so it's no good,but Reds are plaiyng one of their wroste season of all their gloroius story.Only Suarez is a real threat but all rest is poor.Goalkepeer and defence aren't good,Midfield no creativitive!Chelsea has many star who can decide teh game in every moment.Also Chelsea dosen't win from 2 games on PL and lost last home game against M.utd where refreed had a role!Liverpool dosen't lose from time.it time to back for a soo poor team! ps:i don't know about over/under because these are two different team so may be ov1,5!

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Chelsea to beat Liverpool @ 2.00 (Pinnacle:4pts) Chelsea are backable at this price for me. Liverpool have done Chelsea away from home a few times in recent seasons but I dont get the same feeling about the current Liverpool side in terms of putting in a dogged display and nullifying Chelsea. They are still finding their way under Rodgers and really there is too much reliance on Suarez in attack, Sterling and Suso are supporting him but they are thin on the ground in that department. Chelsea have surprised many this season after a torrid league campaign last year, but its not surprising that they are challenging considering the fees paid for Torres, Hazard, Oscar, Mata and many others. That trio behind Torres is what is clicking for Chelsea so far, defensively they still look vulnerable as shown vs Shakhtar but Terry should return for this and I have a feeling Liverpool's attack will struggle to make inroads. You have to hand it to Di Matteo since he's taken over, and they've got wins at Arsenal, Spurs this season so far....were very unlucky to lose at home to United in the league and beat them in the cup. Do think Chelsea are simply a level or two above this Liverpool side, both teams look different compared to previous seasons but I fancy a home win.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November As a Liverpool fan I'd say Chelsea are by far the better side. We can't score, we make stupid mistakes in defense, Rodgers is messing up our midfield (Allen as the holder, which he isn't, Sahin as the most attacking of the midfield 3, when he usually plays further back, and Gerrard right in the centre when he should be behind the striker) and most importantly, we are incredibly overreliant on Suarez - without his goals and assists we would be 20th with 2 points. It is worth mentioning that we have rested a lot more of our first team for tonight's Europa League game than Chelsea did against Shakhtar, though. And also that despite playing basically a first choice side Chelsea certainly did not deserve their win against the Ukrainians. Still, Chelsea are by far the better team. After seeing our squad for tonight's game against Anzhi I bet against my own side for the first time in my life, and I might well repeat the trick on Sunday.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November I think evens are great value. Lets be honest this liverpool team isn't all that, and suarez is their only real threat (even if it is a big one). They do have a habit of turning up moreso in the big games. Chelsea haven't been great in defence admitedly, but if RDM can put JT in there back with cahill and cole then we should be much more solid. And in terms of the midfield advantage, we have class all across it. I think 3-1 to chelsea, but evens looks good as of right now.

As a Liverpool fan I'd say Chelsea are by far the better side. We can't score, we make stupid mistakes in defense, Rodgers is messing up our midfield (Allen as the holder, which he isn't, Sahin as the most attacking of the midfield 3, when he usually plays further back, and Gerrard right in the centre when he should be behind the striker) and most importantly, we are incredibly overreliant on Suarez - without his goals and assists we would be 20th with 2 points. It is worth mentioning that we have rested a lot more of our first team for tonight's Europa League game than Chelsea did against Shakhtar, though. And also that despite playing basically a first choice side Chelsea certainly did not deserve their win against the Ukrainians. Still, Chelsea are by far the better team. After seeing our squad for tonight's game against Anzhi I bet against my own side for the first time in my life, and I might well repeat the trick on Sunday.
Another Liverpool fan here - though you are a bit with too many dark thoughts I think :) Imho Chelsea are far superior than us currently - they aren't at their best, have a lot to improve in the back and upfront but still way better than us. At least I find it good that we are trying to give some youngster changes to shine. But in terms of this game in particular, both Liverpool and Chelsea are making too many mistakes in the back now, though I admit ours are more regular and more decisive. The things is that again we will have to rely on Suarez to put some miracles while with Oscar, Mata and Hazard the Blues could destroy us easily and turn more of their chances into goals. And also - Chelsea are paying better than a team right now and have a lot more uptrend form and performance than us and in fact - we have been terrible at times this season. I have bet a lot against Liverpool and will do the same here. We have put some nice games against Chelsea in the near past and of course it is not impossible to happen here again but bettingwise will have to go with the home win.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November and most importantly, we are incredibly overreliant on Suarez - without his goals and assists we would be 20th with 2 points. That is such an irrelevant point unless he's not playing which he more than likely is. Man Utd would be in 13th place behind Liverpool without RVP's goals and assists and who is saying Man Utd are over-reliant on RVP . What's the point? Nothing. Chelsea win at evens.

Suarez cant contually be relied on to supply the goods. For the second week running ive found the bookeepers odds dumbfounding. Chelsea are definately going to trounce Liverpool with such a creative midfield and Liverpools keeper either being Brad Jones the inexperienced Aussie or Pepe Reina the clumsy out of form Spaniard. For me Chelsea have too much skill especially at the bridge. Chelsea win @ 1.95 Bet365

This just looks like another game where a dull 0-0 is highly unlikely. There's only been one draw between Chelsea and Liverpool in the past ten head to heads home and away, and goals is usually a given. Tbh I think Liverpool have all their priorities wrong as they risk being eliminated from the Europa League, as even with their "stars" there's a pretty big chance of them losing this game. Chelsea are just far superior going forward. I'd say evens is a great price on Chelsea as they look much much better than Liverpool who will look to Suarez to score all their goals. Can't really make a case for Liverpool. The only thing in their favour are the recent head to heads, as they've won three out of the last four trips to Stamford Bridge and they generally seem to up the ante against top sides.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November I go against the popular opinion here. I think people are too much under-estimating Liverpool and marginalizing very key factors like head-to-head and Liverpool's performance vs. top teams. Liverpool have been outstanding against Chelsea for many seasons and betting on Premership has taught me how important head-to-head is in this league (probably more important than any other league in the world). This is just one of the most inconvenient opponents for Chelsea. Furthermore, no need to remind how different Pool are against top-teams and against the rest of the league. The bust in performance and motivation is considerable, and they seem to feel way more comfortable against teams that open-up more. Also, I definitely not agree with people thinking that Liverpool is so bad. In fact, they have improved their play a lot compared to last season. Now they are much more comfortable in passing and possession, and pose huge threat on the wings which was the biggest deficiency of the team last year. Yes, Liverpool is still a bit naive, but the team does play good, fast and attractive football and under-estimating them could be very costly. I think that the tight schedule will finally pay some toll for Chelsea. They have been playing very intensely in the last few weeks. They did not rotate heavily even in the League cup game with United. So, this makes a fifth very tight and exhausting game for them within only 14 days! Meanwhile, Liverpool sent a second squad in Moscow and the team should be very rested and fresh. I go for Liverpool or Draw 1.80 (bet365)

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Chelsea have better players on every position exept maybe striker. I rate Suarez higher then Torres. Chelsea as a team are better and their offensive force are not to play with. Especially when they step on the gas. I mean there is simply to much firepower in Chelsea. I cant se Chelsea losing this one. Maybe a draw at best for Liverpool but then again they must do a superb match while Chelsea myst have a bad day. Does not matter that Rodgers rested every key player. Chelsea are to good. 3-1 Chelsea.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November I think this looks like another high scoring game (on paper at least), I thought earlier in the season 'both teams to score' in Chelsea games would be pretty profitable this year and 3/5 at home and 3/5 away isn't brilliant so the 1.6ish available doesn't really appeal, JT is obviously back too and makes their defence stronger. It is difficult to see Liverpool getting more than a point out of this, I don't see Chelsea launching a sustained championship bid this year but they look very good currently and Oscar and Mata have really gelled and made them pretty attractive on the eye. There won't be any rotation from Chelsea, more than likely to start with their strongest team; -------------------------------------Cech---------------------------------- --Ivanovic----------------Luiz-----------------Terry-------------------Cole-- ----------------------Mikel------------------------Ramires------------------ ---Mata-----------------------------Oscar--------------------------Hazard-- ----------------------------------Torres------------------------------------ They have been strong at home so far against modest sides, the game against United the other week was a strange one against the best side they have faced, they gave United a two goal lead then totally dominated until HT and looked more likely to win before the sending offs. Probably the first game Liverpool have had this season (bar last night) where they aren't expected to dominate and monopolise possession. Its been one of Liverpools strengths in years past to adopt a siege mentality and look very organised in games like this, you look at the stats and how can you back them in any way? They have won 6 of their last 25 PL games which is terrible by anyones standards. This season their usually fairly decent defence looks woeful, their away games so far - West Brom 3-0, Sunderland 1-1, Norwich 2-5, Everton 2-2, conceding an average of 2 a game against some pretty mediocre sides bar Everton. ------------------------------------Reina----------------------------------- --Johnson---------------Agger--------------Skrtel------------------Enrique-- ---------------------------Gerrard--------Allen----------------------------- ---------------------Suso----------Sahin------Sterling---------------------- ------------------------------------Suarez--------------------------------- I stand to be corrected by the Liverpool line-up and formation, imagine the defensive midfield two they play will regularly become a three, counting Henderson out of starting as he played last night. One of the main problems for Liverpool comes in the wide areas, how likely are Suso and Sterling to track Ivanovic and Cole for 90 mins? Even if Liverpool compact in a 5 to try and nullify Haz, Mata and Oscar, they are going to have to offer support for Suarez who otherwise is going to get very isolated. What other options do they have in wide areas? Not many is the answer, I don't think they have an experienced or organised midfield for this kind of game where Chelsea are likely to be quite attacking from all areas, expect Ivanovic and Cole to bomb on from the flanks if there isn't adequate cover from Liverpools wide players, if the central midfield 3 have to cover these areas too they will be leaving all kinds of space behind for the main creative players to work in. Unless Suarez has another blinder its difficult to see Liverpool making much of an impact. Not as if Liverpool have the kind of defence that commands respect like they have done in previous years, once again I think Liverpool are being priced on reputation rather than performances. I will happily take Chelsea at evens, there is the danger that Liverpool revel in their underdog status and really hit Chelsea on the counter, the odds on both to score and overs are not enough to tempt me though, particularly when the most likely outcome, imo, is a better price. Chelsea -0.5AH - 2.0 - bet365 - 3 Points

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November First goal scorer: Hazard 9/1 with Ladbrokes SkySports MOTM: Hazard 9/1 with Betvictor I think Chelsea will win this, and certainly see them dominating. Despite Rodger's insistence on the team trying to keep possession, it will be difficult for them against a talented and spirited Chelsea side at Stamford Bridge. The 3 behind Torres are quality and either one of them could score/be man of the match but I just keep getting this feeling about Hazard being significant in this match (he'll probably get sent off seeing as I haven't him backed him for that ;)). I know having a feeling isn't really reasoning so don't pillory me for this, it's just that sometimes certain feelings have to be followed. I suppose the fact that he's a class act though is enough for the MOTM match???

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November *Chelsea WIN @ 28/29 Pinnacle* I think Chelsea should be 4/6 for this match, if not 4/7. Around evens is a great price in my opinion. Liverpool rely heavily on Suarez, if he doesn't score, then Liverpool probably lose. I think we will definately see goals, but more for Chelsea who have far more attacking firepower in Oscar, Hazard, Torres and Mata. Terry is also going to be back which is a big boost for the home side, i know Liverpool up their performances in the big games, but just have to back Chelsea at this price.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Chelsea @ 2.00 Sportsbet I'm going for a home win here. A few people have already summed it up perfectly for me so I'll keep it short and sweet. Chelsea's defence is quite poor this season, but the return of Terry might inspire a better display - despite their defensive frailties, Chelsea's attack is up there with the best and I'd expect them to open Liverpool up at will. I think we'll see another game of goals, but I just can't see Liverpool creating as many chances, nor finishing as many chances. They simply don't have the side or the results to suggest they are capable of a result here. Someone summed it up perfectly - the only thing Liverpool have on their side is the recent head to head results, but they won't win you games.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Also for me, Chelsea are amust bet at 2,00 givent the actual circumstances; fatigue should not be a decisive factor, home team has demonstrated, if needed, that they never give up, and believing until the end to only one result, the win against shaktar. I expect a lot of cards in this match also, have this feeling.For me it will be a 2.1 or 2.0 stake 5/10

Furthermore, no need to remind how different Pool are against top-teams and against the rest of the league. The bust in performance and motivation is considerable, and they seem to feel way more comfortable against teams that open-up more. I go for Liverpool or Draw 1.80 (bet365)
Here is the liverpool record against the top 8 teams for last season and the season before.. Last 2 seasons they played 14 away games losing 8, drawing 1, winning 5 They did concede a lotta goals roll the cursor over the W|D|L to see opponent and score http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/top8-vs-top8 Me , it's to close to call and I'll just watch it Neil.

2-0 is just routine win for chelsea but if liverpool come to play attacking then it will be 3-1' date=' either way chelsea have got players to win and liverpool doesn't. its simple as that. home win.[/quote'] LOL , if it was as simple as that we would all win every WEEK :unsure

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Would it be totally out of the question for Chelsea to drop Torres? I personally think they would be far better off without him at the moment. Yes he has shown glimpses but he is just too inconsistent and nowhere near his best. Di Matteo needs to man up and drop him. Who comes in I don't know but I would probably give Moses a go up top. That being said I fancy Chelsea to be far too strong for Liverpool tomorrow. Suarez is the only thing keeping Liverpool away from the relegation zone and god help them if he gets injured. Yes Liverpool have had a few good results at the Bridge in recent years but they should find it very tough tomorrow and I can't see them getting anything out of the game.

Me , it's to close to call and I'll just watch it Neil.
Oh Neil, say it ain't so! Chelsea @ ~2.0 is a steal. Like the majority here, I think its clear Chelsea have much more quality position-by-position; not to mention Chelsea under RDM know how to grind out wins esp at home (even when they are undeserved). Im a CFC supporter, but putting them aside, Liverpool just aren't at a level (right now) where they can be expected to compete week-to-week with the top teams. Of course, this will change, but for now, you have to go with Chelsea against Suarez, the teenagers, old Stevie G and the rest.