** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November

Aidymac

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November I continue to be baffled at Liverpool's price this season. For me they are being over-estimated nearly every week. Chelsea are firm title challengers for me this season, along with Man United they've been the best team in the league this season. Whereas Liverpool have played some good football at times but rely heavily on Suarez, granted he's a top class player but to be successful team you need all round quality. Player for player Chelsea are clearly the much better side for me. I'd have Chelsea firmly odds on here so the current price strikes me as fantastic value, especially if you consider Man City's price in their match in what I would consider a similar sort of quality difference as this one.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November

I continue to be baffled at Liverpool's price this season. For me they are being over-estimated nearly every week. Chelsea are firm title challengers for me this season' date=' along with Man United they've been the best team in the league this season. Whereas Liverpool have played some good football at times but rely heavily on Suarez, granted he's a top class player but to be successful team you need all round quality. Player for player Chelsea are clearly the much better side for me. I'd have Chelsea firmly odds on here so the current price strikes me as fantastic value, especially if you consider Man City's price in their match in what I would consider a similar sort of quality difference as this one.[/quote'] Completely agree with you here mate.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November 4pts Over 2.5 goals 8/11 Skybet I fancy there to be goals in this match. Neither side are the best at defending but both have players who can score goals even if in Liverpool’s case they need a million chances to score those goals. The chances are they will get those chances in this match but so will the plethora of attacking players Chelsea have. Games between these two are often good games and I see nothing to suggest there won’t be over 2.5 goals in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-liverpool-betting-two-attacking-sides-can-ensure-there-are-a-few-goals-at-the-bridge

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Under 2.5 @ 2.22 pinnacle After some impressive wins, Chelsea's run stalled as they lost 3-2 at home to Man Utd (which they should have won, but then again Liverpool also should have beaten Man Utd at home) and then they drew 1-1 at Swansea last week. They are relying on Torres to recapture his form that he had when he was at Liverpool, and he seems to playing with a heavy heart, and now up against his old side, doubt that his head will be in the game. Chelsea's danger players are just in behind him, with Oscar, Mata and Hazard, and expect Rodgers to look to flood the midfield, playing a 4-3-2-1 formation with Suso and Sterling to drop deeper to limit their passing in midfield and minimise the supply to Torres. This will isolate Suarez up front, and with Terry likely to play, he has the nous to keep him in check. If Terry does not play, then Suarez will cause some problems for Cahill and Luiz who have been shown up when Terry does not play alongside them. Scoring goals have been Liverpool's problem as the defence has played well (except against Everton) in recent weeks, and Chelsea can hold them out. In Liverpool's favour, is that they should be fresher for this game as they rested most of their side from their midweek Europa League game while Chelsea had a tough game against Shaktar Donetsk. With the amount of games in recent weeks, tiredness in their players may see this as a pretty even game, and as such doubt that many goals will be scored

Here is the liverpool record against the top 8 teams for last season and the season before.. Last 2 seasons they played 14 away games losing 8, drawing 1, winning 5 They did concede a lotta goals roll the cursor over the W|D|L to see opponent and score http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/top8-vs-top8 Me , it's to close to call and I'll just watch it Neil.
hmmmm I gotta change my post a little. F_k all to do on SUnday afternoon, and it would be sacrilege to watch soccer and not bet on it Nice spice to the game, a little needle too. Torres would like to prove something :) Can liverpool find a way to get Suarez 15% more help ? Question : WHo is taking the penalties for both sides ? I see the consensus is on Chelsea winning, and I am also leaning towards this. My feeling is that the Chelsea win and over 2.5 goals is the best combination bet at 8/5 on bet365. Neil.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November Chelsea-Liverpool HW @1.91 5/10 ladbrokes Chelsea need to win now as United lead with 4 points. Chelsea do have a good squad especially the midfield consisting of Oscar, Mata and Hazard is great. Up front they have Torres and they also have other really good midfielders. Defensively, they have great defenders and now they have Terry back from suspension. Keeper Cech is in great from. Liverpool are poorly. They don't have many quality players. Suarez is scoring but he is constantly trying to get penalties. Gerrard has become older and isn't on the level he was a few years ago. Allen and Sahin are doing a good job but they don't have the quality to compete at the highest level. Defensively they have problems on the left side with Enrique not being in form and also not being favoured by Rodgers. Johnson could play there although he isn't not 100% fit. Keeper Reina looks to miss this one. His replacement Jones is far away from being a good replacement producing too many errors. Chelsea have the much better team, play at home and should win this one. A few goals should be included here, my call 3:1 GL

Question : WHo is taking the penalties for both sides ? Neil.
Gerrard for Liverpool, not sure about Chelsea. Gerrard to score first for his team is 9.0 with Bet365, only 5.0 with Skybet. Given he takes penalties, shares free kicks with Suarez, and I expect will be asked to get forward in support of Sterling & Suarez, then I think 9.0 is wrong. Bet365 have Shelvey, Assieddi & Joe Cole shorter in the betting!?!??! By the way, Ashley Cole is injured - I think it was HastGill that spoke about him in his excellent write up. Also, strong rumours of Liverpool playing 3-5-2. Back 3 of Carragher, Agger & Wisdom. Johnson & Enrique wide of Allen, Gerrard & Sahin. With Sterling supporting Suarez up top. Will wait to see line-ups but i do like another bet if I can get a good price. 1pt Gerrard first Liverpool scorer @9.0 - Bet365

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November I have seen a fair number of Liverpool matches this season and noticed that they can't elevate the tempo to create chances against team who are content to sit back, but are quite dangerous when teams like Manutd offer them more space and they can latch on a stray pass for example to gain momentum and bring danger in their opponent's half. I would expect Chelsea to come with an attacking mindset and that might play in the hands of Liverpool and enable them to avoid defeat at least. I will back Liver/dr double chance @ 1.84 Lad.

Gerrard for Liverpool, not sure about Chelsea. Gerrard to score first for his team is 9.0 with Bet365, only 5.0 with Skybet. Given he takes penalties, shares free kicks with Suarez, and I expect will be asked to get forward in support of Sterling & Suarez, then I think 9.0 is wrong. Bet365 have Shelvey, Assieddi & Joe Cole shorter in the betting!?!??! By the way, Ashley Cole is injured - I think it was HastGill that spoke about him in his excellent write up. Also, strong rumours of Liverpool playing 3-5-2. Back 3 of Carragher, Agger & Wisdom. Johnson & Enrique wide of Allen, Gerrard & Sahin. With Sterling supporting Suarez up top. Will wait to see line-ups but i do like another bet if I can get a good price. 1pt Gerrard first Liverpool scorer @9.0 - Bet365
I would like to see liverpool playing Jonjo Shelvey (I'm not sure if he is suspended). I like what he brings. He could play in the hole behind suarez (like rooney for united), and he gives them a midfield defensive shield and a little bit more punch upfront . Neil.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November F__king sickening display. That torres is useless. 2nd time liverpool come back from a goal down in 3 years (otherwise they lose 13 of 14) Marvellous stuff. Draw screws everyone and shafts the O25 goals as well.

Chelsea-Liverpool HW @1.91 5/10 ladbrokes Chelsea need to win now as United lead with 4 points. Chelsea do have a good squad especially the midfield consisting of Oscar, Mata and Hazard is great. Up front they have Torres and they also have other really good midfielders. Defensively, they have great defenders and now they have Terry back from suspension. Keeper Cech is in great from. Liverpool are poorly. They don't have many quality players. Suarez is scoring but he is constantly trying to get penalties. Gerrard has become older and isn't on the level he was a few years ago. Allen and Sahin are doing a good job but they don't have the quality to compete at the highest level. Defensively they have problems on the left side with Enrique not being in form and also not being favoured by Rodgers. Johnson could play there although he isn't not 100% fit. Keeper Reina looks to miss this one. His replacement Jones is far away from being a good replacement producing too many errors. Chelsea have the much better team, play at home and should win this one. A few goals should be included here, my call 3:1 GL
1:1 bet lost

No joy here, never had a sniff. Interesting to see where he fits in when Lucas returns.

Chelsea -0.5AH - 2.0 - bet365 - 3 Points LOST
Chelsea looked pretty flat from the start and didn't pick up massively throughout the game even after they scored, the key moment was the Mata chance on HT if he put that in there was probably no way back for Liverpool. As it was they never really pushed on and their defence is too poor to rely on just a one goal lead. I expected the wide midfield areas to play more of a part, Liverpool played a 5 man defence and although I guess you coulfd say it worked I didn't think they really played that well. Chelsea were poor too though, Torres didn't do much and Hazard and Oscar were totally anonymous..didn't feel confident even at HT and as it proved Chelsea still have a long way to go if they are to be considered title contenders.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool > Sunday 11th November I doubt if Carragher would have got that flick on if Terry had still been on the pitch, exactly the type of area he would have been defending Liverpool corners in. The ref didnt see the massive push suarez gave ramires either. still a well deserved point. Chelsea need another striker, Torres was fairly ineffective.

I go against the popular opinion here. I think people are too much under-estimating Liverpool and marginalizing very key factors like head-to-head and Liverpool's performance vs. top teams. Liverpool have been outstanding against Chelsea for many seasons and betting on Premership has taught me how important head-to-head is in this league (probably more important than any other league in the world). This is just one of the most inconvenient opponents for Chelsea. Furthermore, no need to remind how different Pool are against top-teams and against the rest of the league. The bust in performance and motivation is considerable, and they seem to feel way more comfortable against teams that open-up more. Also, I definitely not agree with people thinking that Liverpool is so bad. In fact, they have improved their play a lot compared to last season. Now they are much more comfortable in passing and possession, and pose huge threat on the wings which was the biggest deficiency of the team last year. Yes, Liverpool is still a bit naive, but the team does play good, fast and attractive football and under-estimating them could be very costly. I think that the tight schedule will finally pay some toll for Chelsea. They have been playing very intensely in the last few weeks. They did not rotate heavily even in the League cup game with United. So, this makes a fifth very tight and exhausting game for them within only 14 days! Meanwhile, Liverpool sent a second squad in Moscow and the team should be very rested and fresh. I go for Liverpool or Draw 1.80 (bet365)
A hard one, but still a win. Liverpool showed that they deserve much more respect from punters especially when playing against top teams. They are turning into a black cat for Chelsea.