BBOTD Wednesday 11th September

Doncaster 515 - Drift & Dream 9/1 Ladbrokes BOG I wanted to get this one up before the price went! Looked a progressive horse when finishing 2nd behind Willbeme a couple of starts back & then duly bolted up at Lingfield LTO. They were both over 6f, but the horse does have previous form over a stiff 5 and has run well at the track before. The draw looks pretty decent as well. I just hope the rain stays away.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 305 donny sole power 2/1 pp the class act in the field, sole power wasnt disgraced in the group 1 nunthorpe at york last month and edward lynams charge really stands out among these. his third in teh kings stand and second behind bated breath when not getting a clear run shows his true form and if tuned up wins this cosily

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September D5.15 Captain Royale 0.5pt E/W 50/1 Bet365 Whilst I'd happily admit that this is one of the outsiders, I think the price is too big and it might be nearer to half this price at the off. Firstly there's every chance that the draw (21 of 22) should be favourable. Franny Norton takes the ride off this bottom weight and he's just about the strongest lightweight jockey around. The horse won well on its penultimate start, is still on a reasonable mark and should strip fitter after its seasonal appearance last time out. The horse actually has a similar profile to last years winner (draw/age/weight etc). Speculative but at 50/1, worth a small wager I reckon.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 1350 carlisle 1pt win poppy bond 5/1 bet365 won on debut back in may, and been of the race course since, normally that would put some off but it won a strong run race after a slow start,and this may be thae same today, distance and ground should suit, and the fentiman/fairhurst combo has a near 15% strike rate in last 12 months

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September Kempton - 18.45 - Sekumkum @ 3/1 Bet365 Bolted up on handicap debut off a lowly mark of 56 at Wolverhampton last month and i don't see why he can't overcome a 9lb hike in the weights especially with 5lb claim of Toby Atkinson negating that this time around. The form of that success has also been franked with the 4th and 7th winning since and the 2nd and 5th horses coming very close too. Nice draw in stall 4 which can be important at this course and looks the one to beat.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September *Sole Power - Doncaster 3:05* Without question the best horse by a good bit in this field if they all ran to their best. Johnny Murtagh a big positive to be getting the ride, and was drawn on the wrong side for the Nunthorpe, was a whisker behind Bated Breath on that side. Has won over this trip 4 times and drops from a Group 1 to a Listed race. Should take a lot of beating. Lynam has brought 4 horses to Donny before, and had 1 winner @ 7/1. Will be disappointed if it doesn't win. *1 Point WIN @ 2/1 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 3.05 Doncaster Kingsgate Native - has G1 winning form for Stoute and making belated debut for Robert Cowell. If he wins it is pure filth as he hasn't seen a track in over a year, but he has to be respected now in a Listed race. Market should be very informative. 7/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September Livia's Dream #6.15 Kempton 14/1(Betvictor) Ed Walkers filly caught the eye last time over course when staying on well into third place over a furlong less. She ran into a couple of nice horses that day in Gallipot and Bedazzled and although beaten 9 lengths she was well ahead of the rest of the field. Bedazzled runs an hour later on the same card at Kempton in a maiden whilst Gallipot runs Thursday at Doncaster in the Group 2 Park Hill. There's a few unexposed ones from big stables in the field but at the prices she appeals. .5pt e/w

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 3.50 Uttoxeter - 1pt win Dancing Dude @ 9/1 (Bet365) All three of this runner's wins have come on a sound surface so three of his last four runs can be queries as to whether they were on ideal ground for him. He stayed on without threatening two starts back here over 2m5f and that came on good ground but it was after a six month break - another viable excuse. His other two runs on such ground over jumps resulted in comfortable wins and his mark is coming down. He bumped into a decent horse in novice company last time out so will be happy in a handicap today. This trip hopefully won't be an issue and the blinkers are fitted for the first time too. He'll relish the quick ground and fancy him to go well here.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September Doncaster 4.45 Ewell Place 33-1 (bog) Bet365 In a bid to make rapid progress up the table I'll take a chance on this unexposed animal to bounce back from a disappointing run at Goodwood. I'm always willing to forgive one bad run at that unique track and this fella had run well when winning in bad ground previously. It's very possible that he was flattered in a slowly run race on that occasion and on his best run of last season when dead heating for 3rd in a decent sales race as he raced near the front at York, a track that favours that style of running. Despite all that there's also the chance that he wasn't flattered and was unsuited by the higher class and downhill track last time. On balance I think he's worth chancing at the big price that he may not be handicapped out of this yet with so few runs under his belt. Alejandro also looks over priced at 18-1 and I've backed both

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September BH if i can change to Miracle House 11/1 william hill eachway 350 uttoxeter won his maiden last timeout at ffos las in good style holding off a well backed strongly suggested for mccoy. steps up in trip and shapes as if that will bring further improvement. looks a nice price in a tricky race

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 3.05 Doncaster nocturnal affair 1pt win Sole Power obviously wins this if near his best but I doubt this race was a target for this horse and he probably has bigger engagements towards the end of the season. I can't see him bein 100% fit for this one an the stable are not in the best of form. That being said, an almost fully fit Sole Power may be good enough to win this. I like the David marnane trained nocturnal affair who is a consistent horse and should be food enough to win at this level. He showed great form in Dubai earlier in the year and this will be run to suit. There should be plenty of pace early on here which will suit my selection. He is already a course winner when winning the Portland at this meeting last year. David Marnane is 2 from 2 here so has to be respected. He isn't in the best of form either but Nocturnal Affair can change that here

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 21.15 Kempton: Dana's Present @ 4/1 Boylesports Still a maiden but looked very much improved for the return to the All-Weather lto at Kempton. He travelled like a dream in the hands of Richard Hughes and looked the likely winner 2f out, but found himself then short of room and finished only 3rd. He would have gone very close with a clear run. He stays on the same mark what should give him a big chance here today. William Buick booked is another plus.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 8.45 Kempton Several of these have shown very little form recently and are easy to cross off. Silver Lace scored by a short margin last time out but won comfortably really and looked to be going on at the finish so this extra furlong could bring about more improvement off just a 3lb higher mark. That race is working out well with both 3rd and 4th winning next time out but price reflects her chances. Trusting has run his best races around here without winning but appears to have gone off the boil failing to beat a rival last time out and wide draw off putting. Riviera Romance has found some level of form in low level handicaps on the AW but has shaped as if in need of further and wide draw not helpful here. Lean On Pete bounced back from a couple of lesser turf efforts last time with two good efforts back at Wolverhampton, finished runner up to a potentially well handicapped horse last time out and did clear best of those prominent, handicapper taken a chance by not putting him up in the weights and well drawn here today and should go well. For me Tweet Lady is over priced, this is her first drop down into class 6 company after a slightly patchy season, but easy to excuse latest running at Chepstow on dreadfully tough ground after a short break so should strip fitter for that. She showed some useful form around here last autumn and dropped 2lb below her last winning mark and could easily bounce back on this surface. 0.5pt e/w Tweet Lady 18/1 vcbet

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 420 Utt: Alazan (11/4 PP, BetVic) This horse was a useful hurdler on his day and now goes chasing and he will be spot on after a couple of outings and the yard are beginning to fire, most of theirs have needed to a run or two. Has to give weight to the fav Alfraamsey who has solid enough form but thought he dived at one or two when i saw him run at Stratford and doesnt look a natural over the bigger obstacles so happy to oppose him here.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 4.30 Carlisle OXFORD CHARLEY 5/1 BlueSquare WIN ( Now 11/2 Stan James) It may appear that dropping back in trip for this one may not be a good move but it's a stiff, straight challenge here and so may not be inconvenienced regarding trip. Has looked awkward round the bends of Chester and Goodwood so hoping that the straight track will settle him better. Only had 5 races including a second to Astrology in a Class 1 and just looks to be a lot less exposed than all the others. Osteopathic Remedy is the one I'd fear most, but has been round the block awhile and rarely puts two good performances together. To my mind there is nothing in the form book to suggest that the front three in the market are anything special so the selection is worthy I think of a small wager.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 2.50 Carlisle - Alzavola Sir Mark Prescott trained filly with a decent pedigree. Making debut here in a race where only Sorella Bella looks remotely threatening. The yard is 2-2 with juveniles here, and won this race last year with a debutante. As I said, this is a weak field, with Sorella Bella comfortably the favourite. No doubt she'll be up there but I do have doubts about her ability to close out a race, finishing 2nd or 3rd in the last six races - I wouldn't trust her to get her nose in front and keep it there. Luke Morris booked to ride. ​1pt win @ 11/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 14.30 Doncaster: Cour Valant, 4/1 Bet365, 1pt win Cour Valant won impressively lto. He made all that day and if the same tactics are employed today he could get an easy lead. Third and fifth that day won well nto. In his first start he finished a length behind Burning Blaze. Five of the seven horses CV finished ahead of have won since (one hasn't run). Both of his runs have been over 6f so today's distance won't be a problem while today's good to firm ground should suit as his first run was on similar. Trainer Noel Quinlan is having a decent season, as is jockey Neil Callan.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 3:05 Doncaster - Sole Power - Back Absolutely the class act in this field. Won the Nunthorpe a couple of years ago and has been ultra consistent in Group 1 company ever since. Dropped into Listed class here and really should make it count. Has an almighty chance and should be Evens in my opinion 1pt win @ 2/1 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 6.15 KEMPTON MARIA LETIZIA @9/1 HILLS (BOG) .5EW Watched this ones last race and she was on and off the bridle early and being niggled from halfway but stayed on really well late, she looks every inch a stayer and while this drop back in trip 1f may not be in her favour the long Kempton straight should be. She's entitled to find some improvement in her hcap debut and 74 looks a decent mark under Buicks stronger handling. Gosden is 20% at the track and 23% with his 3yo's there this season.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 17.25 Uttoxeter Woodacre 11/4 (PaddyPower, StanJames, SkyBet, Hills) 1PT Win Woodacre won at the 3rd time of asking back in June (finished 2nd on 1st two starts) at Hereford over 1m 5f on good to firm ground, with a step up in trip today and a penalty to contend with also, you can certainly put a question mark next to his name, but he did run over 2m 1f on his first two outings and showed plenty of promise in them races. Cutting back from that trip to 2miles today I believe this could be the right distance for the horse, AP McCoy has been booked for the ride and if there is one jockey who will ensure to get the best out of the horse, it's the champ. Looking through the field, nothing stands out as a massive eye catcher, so with the experience under his belt I think Woodacre will take all the beating today.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September Later Runners;

Kempton - 18.45 - Sekumkum @ 3/1 Bet365 Bolted up on handicap debut off a lowly mark of 56 at Wolverhampton last month and i don't see why he can't overcome a 9lb hike in the weights especially with 5lb claim of Toby Atkinson negating that this time around. The form of that success has also been franked with the 4th and 7th winning since and the 2nd and 5th horses coming very close too. Nice draw in stall 4 which can be important at this course and looks the one to beat.
Livia's Dream #6.15 Kempton 14/1(Betvictor) Ed Walkers filly caught the eye last time over course when staying on well into third place over a furlong less. She ran into a couple of nice horses that day in Gallipot and Bedazzled and although beaten 9 lengths she was well ahead of the rest of the field. Bedazzled runs an hour later on the same card at Kempton in a maiden whilst Gallipot runs Thursday at Doncaster in the Group 2 Park Hill. There's a few unexposed ones from big stables in the field but at the prices she appeals. .5pt e/w
21.15 Kempton: Dana's Present @ 4/1 Boylesports Still a maiden but looked very much improved for the return to the All-Weather lto at Kempton. He travelled like a dream in the hands of Richard Hughes and looked the likely winner 2f out, but found himself then short of room and finished only 3rd. He would have gone very close with a clear run. He stays on the same mark what should give him a big chance here today. William Buick booked is another plus.
8.45 Kempton Several of these have shown very little form recently and are easy to cross off. Silver Lace scored by a short margin last time out but won comfortably really and looked to be going on at the finish so this extra furlong could bring about more improvement off just a 3lb higher mark. That race is working out well with both 3rd and 4th winning next time out but price reflects her chances. Trusting has run his best races around here without winning but appears to have gone off the boil failing to beat a rival last time out and wide draw off putting. Riviera Romance has found some level of form in low level handicaps on the AW but has shaped as if in need of further and wide draw not helpful here. Lean On Pete bounced back from a couple of lesser turf efforts last time with two good efforts back at Wolverhampton, finished runner up to a potentially well handicapped horse last time out and did clear best of those prominent, handicapper taken a chance by not putting him up in the weights and well drawn here today and should go well. For me Tweet Lady is over priced, this is her first drop down into class 6 company after a slightly patchy season, but easy to excuse latest running at Chepstow on dreadfully tough ground after a short break so should strip fitter for that. She showed some useful form around here last autumn and dropped 2lb below her last winning mark and could easily bounce back on this surface. 0.5pt e/w Tweet Lady 18/1 vcbet
6.15 KEMPTON MARIA LETIZIA @9/1 HILLS (BOG) .5EW Watched this ones last race and she was on and off the bridle early and being niggled from halfway but stayed on really well late, she looks every inch a stayer and while this drop back in trip 1f may not be in her favour the long Kempton straight should be. She's entitled to find some improvement in her hcap debut and 74 looks a decent mark under Buicks stronger handling. Gosden is 20% at the track and 23% with his 3yo's there this season.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September

Livia's Dream #6.15 Kempton 14/1(Betvictor) Ed Walkers filly caught the eye last time over course when staying on well into third place over a furlong less. She ran into a couple of nice horses that day in Gallipot and Bedazzled and although beaten 9 lengths she was well ahead of the rest of the field. Bedazzled runs an hour later on the same card at Kempton in a maiden whilst Gallipot runs Thursday at Doncaster in the Group 2 Park Hill. There's a few unexposed ones from big stables in the field but at the prices she appeals. .5pt e/w
Lovely winner egg. Well done mate. :ok

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September Kemp 8.15 - Haadeeth - win at 6/1 bluesquare CD winner who's been running into form and ran his best race for a while last time...........beaten half a length by tonights favourite, Drawmfromthepast. He's 2lbs better off and has a better draw than his rival tonight and should have a good chance of reversing placings. The two market leaders are drawn 9 and 10 in an 11 runner field so worth looking outside the front two

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 11th September 8:45 Kempton - Luna Rosa - 0.5 pts EW 40/1 SkyBet More than likely completely mad for choosing this complete outsider in this race but it's having it's first AW run in it's short career and Clive Cox may well have done so as a last chance decision for the horse. Was fairly well supported in it's handicap debut going off at 13/2 but did finish last of 7 and has had another shocker since but hopefully this switch to the AW can help the horse show some dramatic improvement. Drawn in 3 which seems to be a plus so I'll take a very small EW chance with Cox's horse in this.

21.15 Kempton: Dana's Present @ 4/1 Boylesports Still a maiden but looked very much improved for the return to the All-Weather lto at Kempton. He travelled like a dream in the hands of Richard Hughes and looked the likely winner 2f out, but found himself then short of room and finished only 3rd. He would have gone very close with a clear run. He stays on the same mark what should give him a big chance here today. William Buick booked is another plus.
Finally a BBOTD winner! All the profit I build up in the first half year gone in the last three or four dreadful weeks and I wondered if I ever will have a BBOTD winner again anyway but it's done, thanks to Dana's Present.

Finally a BBOTD winner! All the profit I build up in the first half year gone in the last three or four dreadful weeks and I wondered if I ever will have a BBOTD winner again anyway but it's done' date=' thanks to Dana's Present.[/quote'] it won well too, well done