Italy v Croatia - June 14

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Italy v Croatia o what? it was 10 years ago. i think we got pretty lucky against the irish. it is true that we have a good record against italy, but weren't they written off before the tournament because of fixing scandal? and they draw against mighty spain. frankly, i see value on them on these odds. they have experienced players who play a tough league, excellent tactician for a coach, killing instinct in di natale, plenty of proven talent in pirlo and flair in cassano. another tough game for us.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Very tough match to call... I know that with another X , Italy riisk not to go anywhere, if in the last match Spain and Croatia make a silent biscuit approach! But I do not think that Spaniard are here to make biscuit to anybody, neither the Croatians that paly a very good football and are in good athletic form. Prandelli will have to make a midfield strong of interdiction and creativity if wants to win this one. I think that the only solution here can be the draw at halftime, and things becoming nervous in the second one! Good luck to all!

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 The key in this matchup will be Italy’s offense against Croatia’s defense. Italy shows great fire power with players like Balotelli or Di Natale. They play fast, directly and have enough individual skills to score at any time. Croatia’s defense is not used to defend against such guys. They do not play in Europe’s highest leagues and they showed already some leaks against a weak Ireland offense. Italy has a good game plan and they are balanced throughout the whole squad. Croatia on the other hand has individually skilled players in their offense but there is a huge difference to their defense. Croatia has the chance to advance into next round by winning this match but if Italy loses here they are out. Italy has to draw at least to keep hopes for the quarter-finals alive. Italy showed a very good performance against Spain. Video-Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2C9h1YGKAY

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 4pts Italy to beat Croatia 13/10 Blue Square

In Andrea Pirlo and Luka Modric both sides have a world class string puller in the middle of the park but I believe Italy will just have that little bit too much in this match. I was really impressed by Cassano in the first game and with Di Natale up alongside him I think there is a real goal threat there for the Italians to impose on the Croatian back line. I’m not convinced by the Croats defensively so I like Italy here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/italy-vs-croatia-betting--italy-can-build-on-their-opening-draw-with-spain-by-beating-croatia-in-poznan

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 i like this game because croatia is now with confidence and is going to try build on it. again i see the similar style of play in both teams. croatia always play the same way but have some vulnerabilities in the defense and italy can score easy goals against team. my thoughts is its going to be open and exiting game and finish draw like 2-2

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Even though Croatia qualified to the tournament via play-offs they have a decent side and can score goals. They have scored 18 goals in their qualifying group and managed to beat Turkey 3-0 away in play-offs. They have scored in all of their friendly games and last time managed to score 3 against Ireland. Since Croatia will play against Spain, in my opinion they will see this game as the one they can win, so I definitely don't expect them to defend and they are more than capable of scoring at least 1 goal here. However, after drawing against Spain in their opening fixture Italy will most likely play attacking football. They have created a number of chances in their opening game and if it was not for Casillas the Italians would have scored at least 3 goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 ​William Hill

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Croatia who although beat Ireland, were quite flattered by the 3-1 score line – they got an extremely soft goal for their 1st and the 2nd which put then back in the lead was tainted with a bit of controversy, they played better than Ireland but not for the 3-1 score line. Italy matched Spain closely (Spain playing nice football but Italy were effective) and for me the Spain keeper & Balotelli!! kept Italy from winning quite comfortably – Spain chose no center forwards strange choice but not Italy’s fault and Italy done more than their underdogs title predicted. They really need a win and can not see the Croatian defence being able to stop them. With this game being the early kick off I believe Italy will go for the 3 points, probably expecting Spain to put a few past Ireland which will add a touch of urgency. Odds of 13/10 from various bookies looks value, sure that price will decrease nearer kick off just as Portugal's did against Denmark.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Going big on Italy win. Bookies are wrong in this one. I'm expecting odds to drop till tomorrow so I'm taking it now cause I think we got pure value. Simply said Italy is one level above Croatia. I'm expecting full dominance from them, controlling the game, not giving opponents chance to score. Italy will win this one with style. Italy-Croatia Tip 1 2.20 bet-at-home

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 I think it is definitely pointing towards being very low-scoring game. Of course, at 1.57 the normal under is not an option. However, I think that "Under 1.5" at 2.62 is a very tempting value. So far it has been a very high-scoring tournament and we did not have a single "0:0", and only once we saw just one goal (Ger-Port). Usually group phases present just few "0:0" scorelines. It is interesting to see that they usually happen in the first phase of the tournament. At Euro 2004, there were two 0:0 scores in the first round. At Euro 2008, there was only one 0:0 - in the first round. In WC 2006 there were 5 0:0s, two of which were in the first round, while in WC 2010 there were another two zero scorelines in the first round. My point is that it seems very likely that this scoreline will occur tomorrow or on Friday, and this game looks like a favorite for it. Italy is famous for their tight and low-scoring play. Croatia, on the other hand, in their last two big tournaments (WC 2006 and Euro 2008) played a total of 7 games in which 12 goals were scored by both teams - less than 2 per game. What is probably the most important factor for my reasoning is that both Italy and Croatia must NOT lose, if they want to keep their chances good before the last games. If Italy loses, it means they are practically out of the tournament (given Spain's expected win over ROI). On the other hand, if they get a draw, they have very decent chances to go through if they win against the outsider in the group. A defeat for the Croatians will mean in order to qualify, they will have to win against Spain, which is like mission impossible. While in case of a draw against Italy, they might qualify with another draw vs. Spain or even if they lose against the Spanish. So, I expect a very cautious game with little opportunities. My pick here would be Under 1.5 goals: 2.62

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14

I don't think your odds are correct. If you use European format then it's 2.3' date=' if you use British format it should be 13/10.[/quote'] Thanks maliniok British format 13/10, have corrected my post.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Managed to acquire a free bet so decided to take more of a risky bet. Cassano anytime gs 11/4 I believe he looked very sharp in the opening game against Spain, with Italy been able to have a lot more possession I believe he will get a couple of chances in this game. I reckon the Croatians will go for a win too as they will see this as a time to qualify rather than taking their chances against Spain in the final game, thus leaving the door open for counter-attacks which hopefully Italy can capitalize on. I realize that the 2 points kind of contradict each other but I still see it as making sense ha Craig

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Italy @2.25 (10/10) & Italy -1 @3.55 (8/10) with bet365 Juicy odds here for Italy. They came out with a very good performance vs Spain and the Italians must feel they can take down anyone ion this tournament. Before the tournament Prandelli and the players stated this would be the pivotal match, knowing a win here would put them in prime position to advance. Italy dpeloyed a 3-5-2 with effectiveness vs Spain. This was the same formation used by Juventus during their undefeated Serie A campaign. With Buffon, Bonucci, Chiellini, Pirlo, Marchisio and Giacherinni all playing for Juve they're familiar with the system. As is Maggio who plays the RW position for Napoli. Unlike previous Italian teams and much like Juve the Azzurri can play the ball on the ground in fluid build ups with Cassano and Balotelli getting on the end of the midfielders work. Cassano was excellent vs Spain and he doesn't seem to be showing any ill effects from missing most of the season. Balotelli played well and supported the midfield and pressed the Spanish defenders despite his gaff in front of Casillas. De Rossi at CB is still a question but he looked good for the most part, though he did struggle a little but when Torres came on. Croatia's midfield really took it to Ireland. But they played with the lead for most of the match on two very fortunate goals especially the 2nd. Modric was pulling the string in regista role much like Pirlo last game. I expect Marchisio to harass him for much of the match and Motta to clean up the mess. They seemed very vulnerable at the back and allotted plenty of space to Ireland. Pirlo will get the ball to Cassano and Balotelli in plenty of space if they play like that. Bilic will either go with a 4-5-1 or 4-1-3-2, my guess he will be more cautious and go with the 4-5-1. This will allow Italy more time on the ball. I don't think the Croatian defense is good enough to hold Italy out and I expect their central pairing to have a tough time with Balotelli or Di Natale making runs in behind them. Also with Giacherinni and Maggio pressing down the wings it will keep Srna and Strinic at bay forcing them to defend more which isn't their strength. I expect Italy to create many chances in this match and it will be a matter of whether they can capitalize on them or not.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Im on the same wavelength as most of you guys. First instinct says value on Italy. Was going to go for goals market, expecting a tighter 1x2 but the performance of Italy against Spain I think made people think again. Though my main concern is their competitiveness against lesser teams. They were poor in the World Cup in their group stage games, and I'm just a little worried that they won't be able to keep the concentration and tempo they did against Spain. Having said that, Croatia themselves are in a more comfortable position and will relish this game. Though even taking that into account I think there is value on Italy with the quality they have having seen the first round performance.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Italy - Croatia Italy surprised many people after 1-1 vs Spain. Not so much because of the result but because of very good performance where they held Spain far from their goal and made several great chances from counterattacks in which they might score a couple. Anyway, Prandelli said he'll probably make some changes cause against Spain Italy played with sweeper and some sort of a 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 with full backs. I especially liked De Rossi who played exceptional match as a sweeper. He has incredible feeling for a game flow and great positioning skills. If i was Prandelli id definetly set di Natale instead of Balotelli who looks unmotivated, nervous... well, usual state of mind some would say. Croatia played a good 90 mins vs Ireland and won precious 3 points. However, they wont mean much if they dont win Italy cause in case of a draw they will have to get at least a draw against Spain and hope that Italy doesn't beat their 3-1 vs Ireland in the last round. Or "simply" beat Spain. Anyway, croatian public is very satisfied by that win and imo people are overestimating it a bit. Ireland proved to be one of the poorest sides on this competition(or may i say, the weakest team here) and i believe that both Italy and Spain will beat them without much problems. Croatian defensive line is the weakest link of this team, that was said a lots of times, even against Ireland they weren't that good and midfield and strikers will have to do a lot to cover that. Think we will see a goal fest here, or at least 3 goals. It's questionable how will Italy play now as a favourite but Croatia plays similar to Spain anyway so i don't think there will be many changes. It will be very important for Azurri to exploit poor side backs of Croatia, especially on the left side and to make pressure on CB's who are not in good form. Also, i doubt Croatia won't score. Our offensive line looks very good, they are in a great form lately and Mandzukic and Jelavic will surely make a lots of problems for italian defense. GL Pick: Over 2.5 @ 2.50 William Hill

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 I just cant see Italy losing this game. They surprised many when they played against Spain and in many ways took the game to Spain. Italy can not afford to lose otherwise they could find themselves going home early. If Italy draw then they would still qualify if they beat Ireland convincingly however they want to rely to much on that so will see this as a must win game. There is always that chance that Croatia will try and **** Italy out and go for the draw so I am playing it safe and going with Italy to win DNB odds 1.72 with Skybet Stake 10 points Current profit is 14.40 points.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Both teams to score 11/10 Panbet Jelavic anytime scorer 12/5 stanjames Think the most telling piece of information is that bilic and prandelli view this as the lost crucial game of their campaign. Italy obviously have the talent to beat most teams. However, bilic views that they can get another win from either Spain or Italy game do therefore bith teams will try and win this game. I have went with jelavic anytime scorer because I believe he is a player that is bang in form. A sniff of a chance and he will put the ball in the net. He is a big game player too, goal on debut against spurs, goal at old trafford against man utd. And for his country he looked sharp against Ireland too.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 This is a game that both sides would like to win to make there progress through to the next round easier and in there own hands. Croatia have to play Spain last so it's even more important for them to beat Italy or they will have to beat Spain in there final game to qualify. I don't see Croatia sitting back to contain Italy and expect them to try and take control of the game. They created plenty of chances against Ireland but looked vulnerable at the back especially at set pieces. Cassano and Di Natale looked dangerous together when they were on the pitch. They created plenty of chances which on another day would of been converted. BTTS at 2 William Hill

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Italy DNB vs Croatia @ 1.70 (Boyles:4pts) Rate the Italians above the Croatians here, Croatia played well against Ireland but were met with little resistance, poor defending from the Irish with individual errors, no creativity or attacking threat. Still think the Croatians defence can be exposed and dont expect them to get out of the group tbh. They do however have a quality midfielder in Modric and goal threat in Jelavic and Mandzukic but breaking down Italy should prove more difficult. I was actually quietly impressed with Italy against Spain, and think they could be dark horses to go far. Very flexible formation with sturdy players in many areas, strong midfield led by Pirlo and energy around him with Marchisio much like how Juve set up. Cassano looked lively, never know with Balotelli but Di Natale is better than him anyway so they have alternatives to score goals. I sense a cagey enough game though and like to have some safety while backing the Italians.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Croatia will have it much more difficult then vs. Ireland. They knew they needed to win the ireland game and they knew how Ireland would play. they exposed them excellently. This game tough is whole another animal. Italy come of a solid defensive performance and Chiellini back in the game is gold for them. Di Rossi was playing great too. Croatian coach wont know how italy will play and it will be much more difficult for them to bring their strikers in positions. the midfield battle will prove descisive and italy looks here much more stable and solid. Croatia has some good technicans and shooters in their ranks but their defense looks awfull and some players play out of position. Italy doesnt need to go all out attacking. I expect a carefull aproach and some chances with the weak croatian backline. Question will be if croatia will manage to nick one or two goals with their strong strikers. I wouldnt get carried away from the Ireland game. For me a Italy not to lose game. They can come back into the game when receiving and will shut it down when they score one. They are tactical more flexible then croatia.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Over 2.5 @ 2.41 pinnacle Over 3.5 @ 4.60 sportsbet Croatia did what they had to do in the first game against Ireland, and after scoring the third against Ireland they wee content to sit back and defend for the rest of the game. Their midfield is quite strong with Modric pulling the strings there, while up front, Jelavic and Mandzukic have been amongst the goals. Like them to do well against this Italian defence that is missing some key players there, and have used De Rossi there to plug the gaps. He was exposed when Torres came on, so can see him having some problems adapting to Croatia's out-and-out strikers. On the other hand, Italy surprised with a very competitive performance against Spain, and though they are not as direct as the Irish, they will cause problems with their pace and movement up front. Not too confident in either defence and both teams have the midfield and the strikers to create chances and score goals

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 This thread and match makes interesting reading. Italy were fairly fluid against Spain and looked deadly when countering in traditional Italian style. The improvised backline did struggle against Torres but its a mainly Juve affair and they did only concede one goal against the world and Euro champions whilst playing 3 at the back. I can see this game bei full of action after the first goal is scored but cagey until that point. Due to this im avoiding the 1x2 and instead im looking at cards. Howard Webb is a ref who lets the first couple of challenges go but then clamps down alot after that. Thiago Motta and Marchisio are fairly hot headed and with Modric and Rakitic running at them I can see a few trips and late challenges due to frustration. They also still have De Rossi in that sweeper position and a few of his tackles were a little reckless against Spain. Add into that equation two powerful strikers for Croatia who will look to win a physical tussle with Chiellini and Bonucci which will surely result in frequent freekicks for both teams. Italy Over 3 cards @11/4 Ladbrokes Thiago Motta to recieve card @5/4 Ladbrokes Croatia over 3 cards @11/5 Ladbrokes

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 I think Italy will avoid defeat in this game. They were very impressive against Spain, they managed to keep the ball and create chances and despite them having to change most of there defence they were solid defensively. I think Di Natale will come into the side in place of Balotelli as he impressed as a substitue against Spain. Croatia played well against a poor Ireland side and could of scored more, but Italy are a different class to Ireland. As already stated in the thread I think this will be an open game with both sides looking to win it. Italy DNB 1.75 Betfair

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14

I will definitely be on Italy in this match. I'll have a write up later but odds of 2.25 are excellent for me' date=' I don't think Italy are that far off Germany and Spain in this tournament, whom would be priced at 1.80 or so in this matchup.[/quote'] Paddy Power offering 7/2 for Italy Spain double tonight. Spain surely will take 3pts v Ireland