Italy v Croatia - June 14

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14

Denmark-Sweden wasn't set up. It still finished 2-2. People seem to think there must be sort of an agreement or meeting in some underground parking lot for a score to happen. If the score is, for example, Spain 2 Croatia 1, and Croatia gets the equaliser at say the 85th minute, do you really think that the Spaniards will go all hellbent on trying to get the 3rd goal, risking the counterattack? No, they will pass the ball to each other till the final whistle. We have a precedent, Denmark-Sweden, why don't we try to learn from this match? It was played fair and square then Sweden managed to get a late equaliser at the 89th minute. Did Denmark go ape **** on trying to get the 3rd goal? No, they passed the ball amongst their defenders for 5 full minutes. What i'm trying to say is, it's obvious that they won't fix the match, and if Spain is 3-0 up, they won't just let Croatia score 3 goals, but if the score happens to be 2-2 late in the game, it will stay that way. That being said, I'm just waiting for my book to quote Spain first and Croatia second. Even if it doesn't finish 2-2 (or higher), highly doubt Italy will score more than three goals against Ireland. (Goal difference is considered if the match finishes 1-1 and Italy wins).
Are you serious?!! Realistically, according to you, what is the chance that everybody is forecasting 2:2 before the game, and Sweden and Denmark actually finishes 2:2?!! Just a coincidence! :loon And your main argument is that the Danish did not really need to push after the score got 2:2 in the 89th minute. What kind of an argument is this?! How did it reach 2:2 in the first place?! What if they needed a 5:5 draw and they finished 5:5 - would it still be your argument that "the Danish didn't need to hurry after the Swedes equalized for 5:5"?! And you're accusing people of being delusional and believing in conspiracy theories as if it never happened in big tournaments. Have you ever heard about the Germany-Austria game from 1982 which took Algeria out of the tournament. A few years ago, a former German international confessed that after the first goal (1:0 suited both teams) in the beginning, both teams stopped playing and waited a whole game for the final whistle. Two weeks ago in the Spanish Segunda Division, Celta Vigo and Cordoba did exactly the same - a draw suited both teams and for the whole game there was not a single shoot and a single corner, and I think there were no fouls as well!!! You think it was just "coincidence"?! Saying all this, I don't claim that Spain and Croatia will finish necessarily with a high-scoring draw. I still hope that the World Champions have dignity and a lot of self-confidence, so they won't be afraid of the Croats, because both Sweden and Denmark were afraid of each other, and therefore decided to play it safe.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 So you are saying 2-2 was fixed? Do you have evidence proving this? Or was it just a case that they were both satisfied once the scoreline was 2-2? 2-2 was the most probable result becuase both teams would have qualified, not because it was fixed. I can assure you that if the bookies have just a whiff of a possibile match fixing, they would close the market for that match immediately.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 We are going a bit off-topic, so it is my last remark on the topic. First, claiming that "no evidence = did not happen" is very immature. You realize that it is almost impossible even for international police structures with their enormous resources and experience to get evidence about such things?! Second, you really think 2:2 was "the most probable"score? How probable is 2:2 in a random game at the Euro? According to bookies, not very probable. Third, believe me, the bookies do not take away every game they think suspicious. I will tell you about a game in the Bulgarian Premier League two months ago, which everybody knew was fixed for the home team to lose with a huge score, and I still managed to put a huge amount of money on it at a decent coefficient and earned money that could allow me to take a break from work for half an year. And this was a crappy Bulgarian football game, which was still not removed by bookies. How do u imagine they will take away a game from the Euro - even if it is fixed the market there is so huge, that they will still earn money from it in the end. Fourth, please, have a look on youtube at the goals scored at Denmark-Sweden. Then tell me again the scoreline and the easy goals were just mere coincidence.