Italy v Croatia - June 14

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14

Sorry for offtopic but can anyone tell me where can i see this bet on bet365 - "Thiago Motta to recieve card"
Its on Ladbrokes mate under corners/cards. Im sure if you emailed bet 365 they would give you a price though! Ive done it a few times with them. EDIT: Just checked, 365 offer a player to be booked first market with better odds than a few others ive seen.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 I have to say, I am quite suprised that no one has said that if Italy draws against Croatia and Spain wins against Ireland, Italy is 99.9% out of the tournament. Italy has only one possible result today to stay in the tournament, they will not/can't settle for a draw.

I have to say' date=' I am quite suprised that no one has said that if Italy draws against Croatia and Spain wins against Ireland, Italy is 99.9% out of the tournament. Italy has only one possible result today to stay in the tournament, they will not/can't settle for a draw.[/quote'] That is because it is untrue.

I have to say' date=' I am quite suprised that no one has said that if Italy draws against Croatia and Spain wins against Ireland, Italy is 99.9% out of the tournament. Italy has only one possible result today to stay in the tournament, they will not/can't settle for a draw.[/quote'] As borored mentioned, you are wrong. Italy is probably out of the tournament just when they lose today´s clash.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 How? If Italy-Croatia finishes 0-0, a Spain-Croatia 2-2 draw will be sufficient for both teams to go through. If Italy-Croatia finishes 1-1, a Spain-Croatia 2-2 draw will be sufficient for both teams to go. If Italy-Croatia finishes 2-2, a Spain-Croatia 3-3 draw will be sufficient for both teams to go through, and so on. Remember what happened in Euro 2004?

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Now odds are raising on Croatia, interesting. Italy is better team than Croatia, but you never know with them. Specially now when is confirmed there are two gays inside Azzuri squad and one metrosexual :lol Really funny things. More funnier is gay Croatian fan who kissed coach Bilić in mouth after game vs. Ireland. Strange game indeed. Croatia has weak defense imo therefore I'll try this bet: Italy to score 3 or more goals 5,80 bet-at-home

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Italy DNB 1.80 @ Betfair - Think this will be a tight game and Italy may nick it but there's also a good chance of a draw IMO. Think that 1.8 is a fair price for Italy DNB and interestingly Italy have drifted from 11/8 out to 8/5 while Croatia have come in from 13/5 into 9/4. I was very impressed with Italy against Spain and they created a lot of chances and could have won. Croatia also started the tournament well with their 3-1 win over Ireland. They have some talented players in Modric and Jelavic but their defence is a bit suspect. Italy on the other hand are very solid defensively and have some experienced and talented players up front in Cassano and Balotelli who are starting up front with Di Natale on the bench. Cassano to score anytime 16/5 @ Betfair - I was quite impressed with Cassano against Spain and he should have scored in the first half. Also it is quite likely that he will play all 90 minutes because if Di Natale comes on then it is likely that Prandelli will take off Balotelli instead. Croatia defence is not that great and Cassano is a very experienced and clever player and i think there is value at 16/5 for him to score at anytime. GL all :ok

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Italy to win is now @ 2.6 with betfair, I will cover it with 1-1 @ 7, odds are simply too good to ignore. Italy and Germany are kind of teams you should never lay in big tournaments. If italy can defend against Spain they also can against Croatia. Croatia needs to win so Italy will have good chances in the second half.

I have to say' date=' I am quite suprised that no one has said that if Italy draws against Croatia and Spain wins against Ireland, Italy is 99.9% out of the tournament. Italy has only one possible result today to stay in the tournament, they will not/can't settle for a draw.[/quote'] I would not say 99.9% but would mean Spain vs Croatia ends in a draw both teams go thru pushing Italy out. Would go to goal difference with Croatia +2 over Ireland, Italy would need at least +3 (off the top of my head) in their last game vs Ireland.

I would not say 99.9% but would mean Spain vs Croatia ends in a draw both teams go thru pushing Italy out. Would go to goal difference with Croatia +2 over Ireland' date=' Italy would need at least +3 (off the top of my head) in their last game vs Ireland.[/quote'] No, you are wrong. This is what I'm trying to point out. If Spain, Croatia and Italy all end up on 5 points, the goals scored between these three teams is counted as tie breaker, the goals scored with Ireland are not counted. This is point c in the uefa rule book, section 8.07. If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied, in the order given; to determine the rankings: a) higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question; b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points); c) higher number of goals scored in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points); d) superior goal difference in all the group matches;

No, you are wrong. This is what I'm trying to point out. If Spain, Croatia and Italy all end up on 5 points, the goals scored between these three teams is counted, the goals scored with Ireland are not counted. This is point c in the uefa rule book, section 8.07. If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied, in the order given; to determine the rankings: a) higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question; b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points); c) higher number of goals scored in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points); d) superior goal difference in all the group matches;
agreed, we are saying if Italy and Croatia draw and both end up with 5pts at then end, then they will look at the Ireland and Spain matches goals?

agreed' date=' we are saying if Italy and Croatia draw and both end up with 5pts at then end, then they will look at the Ireland and Spain matches goals?[/quote'] No, the goals scored against Ireland will not be considered. Only the goals scored in Italy-Spain, Italy-Croatia and Spain-Croatia will be considered if all three teams end up with 5 points.

No' date=' the Ireland goals will not be considered. Only the goals scored in Italy-Spain, Italy-Croatia and Spain-Croatia will be considered if all three teams end up with 5 points.[/quote'] ya but they all drew in our 5pt scenario. I guess a 1-1 draw is an advantage over a 0-0 for qualification purposes. After that point d) superior goal difference in all the group matches; would surely come into play.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 It's not hard to understand. Italy-Spain 1-1 Italy-Croatia 0-0 Spain-Croatia 2-2 Italy goals scored 1. Croatia goals scored 2. Spain goals scored 3. Spain and Croatia go through. Italy-Spain 1-1 Italy-Croatia 1-1 Spain-Croatia 2-2 Italy goals scored 2. Croatia goals scored 3. Spain goals scored 3. Spain and Croatia go through.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Yes, if all three games finish 1-1, global goal difference is then considered. However, it is reasonable to think that if Italy-Croatia finishes 1-1, Spain-Croatia will finish 2-2. They are not stupid, they know that Italy will be playing against a demotivated Ireland that will try to score as many goals as possibile. This is what happened in Euro 2004 where a 2-2 draw between Sweden and Denmark was neccessary for both of them to qualify. We all know how the game finished..

Even though Croatia qualified to the tournament via play-offs they have a decent side and can score goals. They have scored 18 goals in their qualifying group and managed to beat Turkey 3-0 away in play-offs. They have scored in all of their friendly games and last time managed to score 3 against Ireland. Since Croatia will play against Spain, in my opinion they will see this game as the one they can win, so I definitely don't expect them to defend and they are more than capable of scoring at least 1 goal here. However, after drawing against Spain in their opening fixture Italy will most likely play attacking football. They have created a number of chances in their opening game and if it was not for Casillas the Italians would have scored at least 3 goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 ​William Hill
One of the few winning bets for me :)

This is a game that both sides would like to win to make there progress through to the next round easier and in there own hands. Croatia have to play Spain last so it's even more important for them to beat Italy or they will have to beat Spain in there final game to qualify. I don't see Croatia sitting back to contain Italy and expect them to try and take control of the game. They created plenty of chances against Ireland but looked vulnerable at the back especially at set pieces. Cassano and Di Natale looked dangerous together when they were on the pitch. They created plenty of chances which on another day would of been converted. BTTS at 2 William Hill
:nana

I think Italy will avoid defeat in this game. They were very impressive against Spain, they managed to keep the ball and create chances and despite them having to change most of there defence they were solid defensively. I think Di Natale will come into the side in place of Balotelli as he impressed as a substitue against Spain. Croatia played well against a poor Ireland side and could of scored more, but Italy are a different class to Ireland. As already stated in the thread I think this will be an open game with both sides looking to win it. Italy DNB 1.75 Betfair
Money back

Over 2.5 @ 2.41 pinnacle Over 3.5 @ 4.60 sportsbet Croatia did what they had to do in the first game against Ireland, and after scoring the third against Ireland they wee content to sit back and defend for the rest of the game. Their midfield is quite strong with Modric pulling the strings there, while up front, Jelavic and Mandzukic have been amongst the goals. Like them to do well against this Italian defence that is missing some key players there, and have used De Rossi there to plug the gaps. He was exposed when Torres came on, so can see him having some problems adapting to Croatia's out-and-out strikers. On the other hand, Italy surprised with a very competitive performance against Spain, and though they are not as direct as the Irish, they will cause problems with their pace and movement up front. Not too confident in either defence and both teams have the midfield and the strikers to create chances and score goals
:eyes

So, I expect a very cautious game with little opportunities. My pick here would be Under 1.5 goals: 2.62
Bet lost! Don't think it was a bad one, given that after the Italian goal, there were almost no other scoring opportunities. However, I must admit that I committed an unforgivable for anyone considering himself a serious better mistake - I did not take into account the fact that if Italy fails to win, their fate is totally not in their hands anymore, hence they would be supposed to be more open. I was thinking that if they manage to beat Ireland with enough goals in the last match, they would qualify, but I was wrong.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Italy are still favourites to qualify over Croatia for the knock out stages (with William Hill at least). Its a tight group I dont think Spain will draw 2-2 vs Croatia. I dont think Spain will give anything to Croatia. If Croatia qualify they will deserve it by scoring and defending against the european and world champions on merit. if you beleive its all setup then bet Croatia to quaify over Italy its about 1.9. about double your money.

Re: Italy v Croatia - June 14 Denmark-Sweden wasn't set up. It still finished 2-2. People seem to think there must be sort of an agreement or meeting in some underground parking lot for a score to happen. If the score is, for example, Spain 2 Croatia 1, and Croatia gets the equaliser at say the 85th minute, do you really think that the Spaniards will go all hellbent on trying to get the 3rd goal, risking the counterattack? No, they will pass the ball to each other till the final whistle. We have a precedent, Denmark-Sweden, why don't we try to learn from this match? It was played fair and square then Sweden managed to get a late equaliser at the 89th minute. Did Denmark go ape **** on trying to get the 3rd goal? No, they passed the ball amongst their defenders for 5 full minutes. What i'm trying to say is, it's obvious that they won't fix the match, and if Spain is 3-0 up, they won't just let Croatia score 3 goals, but if the score happens to be 2-2 late in the game, it will stay that way. That being said, I'm just waiting for my book to quote Spain first and Croatia second. Even if it doesn't finish 2-2 (or higher), highly doubt Italy will score more than three goals against Ireland. (Goal difference is considered if the match finishes 1-1 and Italy wins).