BBOTD Sunday 27th

2.45 Longchamp Planteur 1pt win @ 11/2 Ladbrokes If Cirrus Des Aigles is going to be most vulnerable this season, I believe its going to be in this race. The 9f here will not suit him as much as it does a couple of others and I feel he may get done for speed here by the very talented Planteur. Planteur is now with Marco Botti and he finished a cracking 3rd in the Dubai World Cup on his first start for the trainer. He has had a chance to get to know Planteur much more now and I think he will be a real force this season. He is already a group 1 winner and I think his turn of foot will be too much for CDA. I don't think Golden Lilac can totally be discounted but I really fancy Planteur here. He is in my ten to follow so fingers crossed he runs well.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th *After - Curragh 3:40* Homecoming Queen has been over-hyped for it's big win last time out, there are many possible reasons as to why other horse's didn't perform in that race, it got an easy lead, and although impressive, it is far too short at odds-on tomorrow, and is worth taking on. I am going for the O'Brien second string here, and in a close finish i would prefer Moore over Aidan's son any day. After is a course winner and was a good 4th in the French 1000 Guineas last time out, it has good form in the book and at the prices is far better value than the favourite. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG*

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 2:25 Fakenham - Mrs Peacock - (1 Pt Win, 10/1 Bet365) Back on good ground which seems to suit the horse, needed a step up in trip a few runs back which it got when winning on the nod at Hereford back in March. The form hasn't been franked since though sadly, but the owners/trainer were on ATR after the race that day and said that the horse needed to be stepped up in trip again after that win, which it subsequently was in it's next two races but seemed to find the soft ground both starts against it, despite travelling well at Plumpton for most of the race. It was in this race the jockey seemed to think he would cruise on 2 from home after turning his head left and right to see what was around but got caught by the other two horses who ran on and left Mrs Peacock back in 3rd. I'm hoping that the trip will be fine for the horse but with the better ground that it's won on before, and Aidan Coleman back on board (won on the horse at Hereford, not ridden the horse since) we could see a much improved performance tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 15.40 Curragh: Yellow Rosebud @ 4/1 PP I think Homecoming Queen is way too short here, everything fell into the right place for her at Newmarket and I just can't believe the form. I've seen HQ winning her first ever race at Fairyhouse live with my own eyes, she broke her maiden tag in the seventh attempt that day and I never thought she would develop into a Group 1 horse. Well, you can't take the Guineas win away from her and maybe she confirms this form tomorrow, but she's odds-on to so and that is a seriously wrong price. I had Yellow Rosebud already the whole year in mind for the Irish 1.000 Guineas (see Antepost thread) and of course I stick with her for tomorrows race. Her reappearance was positive enough and she will improve from that run allot. She confirmed also that she stays 1 mile perfectly as that was the only worry I had. She's the least exposed filly of all in the field and I feel she'll be very hard to beat.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 2:35 Curragh - So You Think - Back Really should bounce back to winning ways here. Has always been considered a superstar ever nice O'Brien took brought him over from from Australia. Won 4 of his first 6 starts over here and 1 of his 2 defeats was a narrow one in the St James' when he probably would have won with more intense training in the build up to the race. Hasn't won in his last 4 but 2 of those have involved a lot of travelling and were run on artificial surfaces that he maybe didn't like as much as turf. He has at least 9lbs in hand on all of these rivals and this looks a great opportunity. Famous Name is incredibly consistent but tends to come up short against the real top notchers and that's what So You Think is. Massive chance here 1pt win @ 1/4 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 3.40 Curragh Homecoming Queen - she made all to win the English Guineas three weeks ago and dominated the field. She drops back into an even smaller field here. Its a bit of a bummer Ryan Moore is jocked off for Golden Boy Joseph O'Brien but if he can get his fractions right then he could get the run of the race. Evens Paddypowe,r 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th Trainer B.Storey just sends out the one runner for Kelso, The 5yr old gelding has only the 2 runs under his belt and he was a faller last time out, he's just been a wee bit unlucky and after a break of 34 days he might start to understand the racing game more today. Jockey T.Murphy takes the ride and must be watched at Kelso as he has a pretty good record. Today's going is unknown but if he can stay on his feet the trip should be fine, its his first time at Kelso and it could be a track that will suit him. 2:15 Kelso - Young Sparky. 0.5 E/W Bet @ SP. Enjoy your day.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 4.25 Kelso Outrageous Request is a pound below his last winning mark and ran well in a decent race lto. Stable has hit a rich vein of form and he should appreciate the going here. Tricky little race to call with a few dangers such as Rock Relief but I think Outrageous Request has the credentials to go very close here. 1 Pt win 7/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 4.15 Curragh BATTLEROFTHEBOYNE to win @ 10/1 bog (Boyesports and more) Won twice over today's C&D, ran really well last time out to finish second in a handicap where he was racing 2lb out of the handicap, won off 75 and 76 and races off 76 today, first time cheekpieces on today and not a bad draw. Very good chance in what does look an open 6f handicap at a very decent price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 4.05 Fakenham: Art History (11/10 Bet365) Need a winner to get back in the hunt for a top 16 spot and its a tricky old day over the jumps, i think John Ferguson's Art History is a useful tool and should beat this field around this tight little track. Has the flat speed required on this course and was running well on his debut before running out, he was then second to Crafty Roberto who had solid form and was put away after that. Back on a sound surface he should win this as long as he behaves himself.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 2.55 FAKENHAM TIN POT MAN @ 8/1 PADDY POWER BOG from the stable that won this in 2010. This horse reached a mark of 110 over hurdles so if he takes to fences could be thrown in off 87. He loves hearing his hooves rattle so the Firm in the ground will be a bonus, he comes into the race off the back of a hurdles win on Firm. The trainer has a 30% strike rate at the track, rising to 38% with his chase horse, I expect a big run at 8's.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 1550 kelso 1pt win humbie 9/4 bet365 as mentioned earlier,timmy murphy has a good record at kelso,31% win rate and when he teams up with todays trainer miss p robson that strike rate is an incredible 53%, the selection won last time out over hurdles, and todays in a handicap chase should pose no problem as it won a handicap chase last october over 3 miles

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th Curragh - Samitar 25/1 Bet365 BOG This is more out of hope than judgement if I am honest. Im not convinced by the form of Homecoming Queen in the English Guineas and while she won that brilliantly I certainly cant be having her at evens this time. Having said that, there isnt much that sticks out at me, and I am making a speculative selection on Samitar regaining her good ground 2yo form, where she ran some quick times finishing behind Lyric Of Light twice over a mile & then winning a big prize at Newmarket. The form is certainly questionable but the TopSpeeds themselves look pretty reliable and at 25/1 I will have a speculative punt!

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th Curragh 2.05 Cleofila 14-1 B365 (bog) Jim Bolger's filly is a confident selection despite the big price as she beat the useful Coral Wave over this course when last encountering faster ground. Still entered in two Group 1's she's clearly well thought of and both subsequent runs can be discounted on account of the softer ground conditions, something she's not bred to prefer. In a weak race for the grade she worth a solid punt to regain winning ways and cause an upset.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 2.05 Curragh - Athens - Since 1997, A P O'Brien has won this race no less than 11 times including the last 6 runnings. He has two in this today with Athens looking to be his first string, this race tends to be won by the colts but Soon (his 2nd string) is a filly and could possibly be discounted here. Dropping in class to group 3 from group 2 last out should help his chances today and the drop in distance back to 10 furlongs, a distance he has won at, should also assist. Crius and Tannery (now a non runner) are the main dangers. Crius is proven in this class, but is carrying a penalty, which may hinder him. 2.05 Curragh: Athens - 1pt win @ 10/3 Bet365 (BOG)

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th Mines a Non runner...so 3.30 Fakenham Taffy Thomas showed a lot of tenacity on his chase debut to beat a decent horse in North Stack. Seemed to get better the further he went and this extra furlong should suit. Up in the weights for that but ran well of higher hurdles marks in the past so the rise may not stop him going in again. Ground should pose no problems and looks to have a great chance here for an in form stable. 1 Pt win 3/1 Corals

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 2.05 Curragh - 1pt win Absolute Crackers @ 16/1 (Bet365) It's difficult to be overly confident in a race where the front two appear to have solid chances, but I think today will be the most ideal race in terms of conditions that Jessie Harrington's runner will have faced in her career to date. She has some pretty sound form in the book (runner-up to 94 rated Seanie over 7f and 2nd to Homecoming Queen over 1m). Followed these up with a comfortable win in a maiden over a trip of 1m 1/2f with Fran Berry only needing to push her along to victory. She was going further away at the finish which suggests to me that further would suit. Therefore it was no surprise to see her go off as short as 11/2 at Chester in the Cheshire Oaks. However, nothing really went to plan there. Her wide draw forced her to race very wide throughout and the track wasn't ideal anyway. I think she'll be happier on a more galloping track and on better ground. Although she's run okay on yielding-to-soft before, her action suggests better ground would suit and I don't think the soft conditions helped either at Chester. She was well beaten in the end but that's why she's such a big price today and worth taking a punt with. 1m2f on a sound surface will be good for her today and in receipt of weight from some of the market principles, it wouldn't surprise me if she put in a bold effort. She does have a bit to find at the weights but I anticipate a few lbs improvement for conditions today and I'm hopeful she'll outrun her price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th

2.55 FAKENHAM TIN POT MAN @ 8/1 PADDY POWER BOG from the stable that won this in 2010. This horse reached a mark of 110 over hurdles so if he takes to fences could be thrown in off 87. He loves hearing his hooves rattle so the Firm in the ground will be a bonus, he comes into the race off the back of a hurdles win on Firm. The trainer has a 30% strike rate at the track, rising to 38% with his chase horse, I expect a big run at 8's.
Great shout mate :clap

Re: BBOTD Sunday 27th 3:50 Kelso - Humbie Timmy Murphy and Miss P Robson have scored on 7 of 13 partnership rides over the past year and the 8yo won here at the start of the month with the same jockey. Today is a step up in trip, which he should be capable of staying as he previously won at half a furlong less. 9/4 bet 365 - win

Curragh - Samitar 25/1 Bet365 BOG This is more out of hope than judgement if I am honest. Im not convinced by the form of Homecoming Queen in the English Guineas and while she won that brilliantly I certainly cant be having her at evens this time. Having said that, there isnt much that sticks out at me, and I am making a speculative selection on Samitar regaining her good ground 2yo form, where she ran some quick times finishing behind Lyric Of Light twice over a mile & then winning a big prize at Newmarket. The form is certainly questionable but the TopSpeeds themselves look pretty reliable and at 25/1 I will have a speculative punt!
Great shout :ok

Curragh - Samitar 25/1 Bet365 BOG This is more out of hope than judgement if I am honest. Im not convinced by the form of Homecoming Queen in the English Guineas and while she won that brilliantly I certainly cant be having her at evens this time. Having said that, there isnt much that sticks out at me, and I am making a speculative selection on Samitar regaining her good ground 2yo form, where she ran some quick times finishing behind Lyric Of Light twice over a mile & then winning a big prize at Newmarket. The form is certainly questionable but the TopSpeeds themselves look pretty reliable and at 25/1 I will have a speculative punt!
Cracking shout fella, very very nice.

You Monkey Cock!!! Ha ha ha! Top spot - won easy didn't it? Too hungover to even see let alone have a bet today but I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been on this one! Good stuff BB. :)

Great tip there mate fair play, quality :ok