French Open 2012

Re: French Open 2012 - ANDY MURRAY +3.5 GAMES v David Ferrer (French Open QF) @ 2.25 with panbet This has the potential to be a phenomenal quarter-final. Two very good counterpunchers who fight for every ball, I can see it being a right tussle. Originally I had the overs shortlisted but I'm going to hit the bigger price and back Murray on the plus at very generous odds. Truth is, I quite fancy Murray to win this match, but I'll side with the extra insurance the plus brings. Yes, Ferrer has been excellent on clay this year, and in this tournament alone he's not dropped a set. But he's not beaten much. Lacko, Paire, Youzhny and Granollers are all attacking players and Ferrer could pick them off easily on this surface. He'll have it harder against Murray, who is happy to patient and spar away. Ferrer's game is all about feeding off pace and Murray is clever enough to mix up, vary the angles and points of attack. The Spaniard is not going to get the same joy from Murray as he did from his previous opponents. People will point to the H2H and rightly state that Murray has never beaten Ferrer on clay, but this match is different. Murray is a different player in Slams. He rises to the occasion. Ferrer, for me, is a phenomenal three-set player but if it goes longer his game diminishes a little bit. A counterpuncher cannot keep counterpunching consistently well for four or five sets against someone like Murray. For me, the Scot will break him down. The back injury seems a smallish issue, something he can overcome, and I expect him to give it his all and either take Ferrer to the brink or indeed beat him. 5pts :hope

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I bet against Errani and lost the last 3 matches!! She absolutely loves playing in these clay courts. I blame the tipsters in this forum :). If I were u I would green out. I green out every opportunity I had on betfair now. Or you can lay her for $7 to make a free bet if you think she can beat Stosur. Stosur has an edge though because she has a much better serve' date=' her kick serve can be trouble for a short person like Errani. Fitness wise they're pretty much the same.[/quote'] ha yeh I agree. They stopped me backing her individually. I'll have a little look. Not really worried about the £7, just know I'm in a great position to get quit a bit of green if I'm sensible. Might lay her in match rather than outright. Can lay her for far more then. Thanks anyway

Re: French Open 2012 Bookies look on the money with their lines today, enough to keep me out anyway. Fancy Ferrer as I said y'day but would want 1.7 at least there, have a feeling he wins in 3 or 4 tbh but at current prices not a stitch of value. I remember backing Almagro/Nadal overs when they played in Madrid(I think) 2 years ago(some memory me eh!, line was 18.5 games and covered easy) but something is telling me to stay away today from that bet, big Almagro fan myself so hoping he can push the maestro but keeping it going for 2 sets or more won't be easy.

Re: French Open 2012 Kanepi vs MaSha It has overs written all over it. 20.5 is just about right. The Estonian beat the great CaroWoz with relative ease. She will attack and with MaSha being as erratic as she was against Klara I hink Kanepi +4.5 or over 20.5 are both good. Three sets for sure. Sharapova 2-0 is the lay of the day on betfair at 1.8ish. I do think Kanepi has a decent chance. But Masha will take it in three. Shvedova vs Kvitova If she can take out Na Li sparing just 2 games in sets 2 and 3, she must be quite a handful for the erratic Kvitova. The Czech likes to hit throu the line which might not be the best way to play in Lenglen in current conditions. I think the erratic lefty will drop at least a set. Shvedova on the handicap Shvedova 2-1 x Kanepi 2-1 64ish sounds a good deal. Nadal: No bet. Almagro will fade fast. Murray Ferrer: Murray worth a stab. Better stay away. The Scot could actually nick this with his variety play and besides ferrer doesnt do too well at RG.

Re: French Open 2012 Looks like most are in agreement today so hopefully we can all enjoy some success. Really good insight into the Murray match Atko, very convincing indeed but after looking at it in more detail, I'm not taking anything drastic in that match. Originally was looking towards the overs but the prices and lines don't stand out to me really even though I think it will be a long one. Avoiding the women's matches like the plague but taking 3 in total regarding the men. Nicolas Almagro vs Rafael Nadal- Over 29.5 games- 10/11 StanJames- (6/10) Tie Break to be Played in Match- 7/4 Bet365- (2/10) I hope I won't regret taking the marginally higher line in this match than some bookies offer but I don't think I will. Now I'm not saying I think Almagro will win the match, but besides Djokovic, I actually give the Spaniard the best chance of beating Rafa on clay. He's actually not been that far away from doing that in the past, pushing him to a tight 3 set win here a couple of years back and even took the opening set in Madrid in the same year so that shows that Almagro clearly has the game to make Rafa think a little and not ease to the win. Almagro has really impressed me in the tournament as well. I've watched pretty much all of his matches excluding the Baghdatis win and he really does look confident at the minute. His serve is working extremely well, so good in fact I don't actually rate it far behind Federer's in truth now, that's just how highly I rate it. The Spaniard has won all of his matches really comfortably though really, not dropping a set last week and in that he had to be Baghdatis and Tipsarevic who are dangerous opponents. The most positive aspect of his game has been his concentration and attitude, which has been suspect in the past but from what I've seen, looks to be really professional now, unlike 12 months ago. No need to really talk too much about Nadal as everyone knows him inside out really now on a clay tennis court. One thing I think is worth mentioning is how he really didn't return particularly well against Schwank who doesn't even have a brilliant serve, and with Almagro having one of the best serves in the game right now, Rafa may just find it a little tricky to return a ton of balls; especially if Almagro serves how he has been doing. I've spoken about the H2H and the decent record Almagro has, albeit not beating his compatriot, but in the last 2 grand slam meetings, this line has been covered on both occasions, including in Paris in 2010 and I fancy Almagro, with the way he's playing right now to have enough about him to see this line through as well. I'm also having a small punt at the tie-break market given the price which looks a tad high. 2 years ago in Paris, there were 2 breakers in 3 sets between these 2 guys and now Almagro has arguably taken his game to a new level. His serve is working extremely effectively right now and given how I fancy him to keep this pretty close, I think there's every chance we could see a 7-6 set to someone here, like we did when they met in 2010. David Ferrer vs Andy Murray- Tie Break to be Played in Match- 4/5 StanJames- (4/10) As I've said, initially I was looking towards the overs or backing Murray in some form but in the end I've plumped for another tie break to be played in this one as well as the other quarter final. I'm not quite sure the price is right to start, with Bet365 offering this bet at 4/7, so this price is a fair bit higher than that and I think it indeed should be lower. I really think this one could go all the way, with both guys extremely good fighters and plenty to play for here. Murray has never beaten the Spaniard on clay and will want to avenge that defeat in the ATP finals last year where Murray wasn't fit, whereas Ferrer has never done that well in Paris so he will feel this is a superb chance to make the semis of the French Open. Personally, I would give the tiniest edge to the Spaniard but the fact that he hasn't been tested so far would worry me a little as we really don't know just how well he is playing, given he hasn't been challenged in the slightest so if Murray can somehow start quickly, and play how he did in the latter stages against Gasquet, he's got a chance here. Whoever wins, I expect a really tightly fought gruelling encounter that could go to 8-6 in the fifth or something. I think their match at the Aussie Open last year lasted for over 3 hours and that was only 4 sets, so with the slower conditions in France, and the possibility of 5 sets this time round, we could have a marathon on our hands. I do like the chances of a tie-break being played in the match though given how tight I expect this to be. On clay, there's really not much between these 2 guys, although you'd have to say Ferrer is a little more comfortable. Both are terrific fighters though and Ferrer will run around like a dog chasing a ball in a park so you'd have to think we'll see some really tight sets somewhere. When they met in Melbourne last year, they played out 2 breakers, and none of the meetings on clay have ever been easy wins, so I'll back them to really play out a high quality match here with the prospect of a tie break occurring somewhere along the line.

Re: French Open 2012 Cheers bud, sort of needed a day like today and it looks as though everything went to plan. Didn't get a chance to watch the Nadal match but looks as though Almagro just did enough there. Just hope Murray can pull this back and take it to a 5th so he brings Atko's handicap in and Czech's outright.

Re: French Open 2012 I see that the over 29.5 line is available again for the Nadal semi (1.91 at Paddys). That’s surely worth a look again, although looking at the H2H games haven’t always been that tight between the two. Anyway looking ahead to the ladies semi finals tomorrow, I’ve taken a small flutter on the following; Maria Sharapova vs Petra Kvitova Not expecting a brilliant match up here but I do expect a tight affair between these two. Sharapova is understandably the favourite, but with so much pressure on her shoulders and with the less than desirable weather conditions likely to come into play there is a lot of things that can distract Maria’s focus. Indeed she has to be completely focused here or Kvitova will make her really struggle. The Czech player has an excellent serve and unless Sharapova can really force something on the return, Kvitova will just overpower her right away. Whilst Maria doesn’t necessary struggle against power players as we saw vs Kanepi today, with the power and variety that Kvitova has on both forehand and backhand it means she can mix it up giving the opponent no chance to get a defensive rhythm going. Her first serve % won rate has been pretty good this tournament, usually around 70% and when she really gets going like she did in the match vs Lepchenko then she can hit the 90% mark at times. Stats similar to this tomorrow will make it very hard for Sharapova to break. Kvitova will probably find it harder to break Maria because of her real lack of movement, which can be exposed on clay by the better players. Whilst she is liable to shank the odd ball onto the roof, Sharapova is a confident enough shot player on clay to expose this. So I can see this one being real stalemate for long periods of time which points towards the overs. Indeed the last 2 meetings both this year between the pair have gone overs, including one on clay in Stuggart this April which ended 6-4 7-6. Both have a wealth of experience at this level so shouldn’t be overawed by the occasion. Like I say if either of them was nervous it’s more likely to be Sharapova than Kvitova, and that should help the Czech player get even closer. Over 20.5 games 1.77 at Pinnacle ( 2 /10 units) Note – I’m not taking it, but following Fishy’s logic earlier the tie break in match line is set at 3.0 which might be worth considering. The second semi is a much harder one to call. The Italian in me is hoping lightning can strike for a 4th time this tournament and Sara can again upset the odds. She’s a great girl and brilliant to watch but I do think Stosur is a lot cleverer in her play than any of those last three opponents were and she won’t lose her head / game plan just because Errani chases down a couple of shots. I worry that Stosur could come out quite an emphatic winner, but given her exploits this week it’s always a danger to bet against Errani. She’s had a great season on clay, improving all the time and as given that she’s in the singles semi’s and the doubles final she clearly pretty confident at the moment. Good luck to everyone having a bet tomorrow :hope

Re: French Open 2012

I see that the over 29.5 line is available again for the Nadal semi (1.91 at Paddys). That’s surely worth a look again, although looking at the H2H games haven’t always been that tight between the two. Anyway looking ahead to the ladies semi finals tomorrow, I’ve taken a small flutter on the following; Maria Sharapova vs Petra Kvitova Not expecting a brilliant match up here but I do expect a tight affair between these two. Sharapova is understandably the favourite, but with so much pressure on her shoulders and with the less than desirable weather conditions likely to come into play there is a lot of things that can distract Maria’s focus. Indeed she has to be completely focused here or Kvitova will make her really struggle. The Czech player has an excellent serve and unless Sharapova can really force something on the return, Kvitova will just overpower her right away. Whilst Maria doesn’t necessary struggle against power players as we saw vs Kanepi today, with the power and variety that Kvitova has on both forehand and backhand it means she can mix it up giving the opponent no chance to get a defensive rhythm going. Her first serve % won rate has been pretty good this tournament, usually around 70% and when she really gets going like she did in the match vs Lepchenko then she can hit the 90% mark at times. Stats similar to this tomorrow will make it very hard for Sharapova to break. Kvitova will probably find it harder to break Maria because of her real lack of movement, which can be exposed on clay by the better players. Whilst she is liable to shank the odd ball onto the roof, Sharapova is a confident enough shot player on clay to expose this. So I can see this one being real stalemate for long periods of time which points towards the overs. Indeed the last 2 meetings both this year between the pair have gone overs, including one on clay in Stuggart this April which ended 6-4 7-6. Both have a wealth of experience at this level so shouldn’t be overawed by the occasion. Like I say if either of them was nervous it’s more likely to be Sharapova than Kvitova, and that should help the Czech player get even closer. Over 20.5 games 1.77 at Pinnacle ( 2 /10 units) Note – I’m not taking it, but following Fishy’s logic earlier the tie break in match line is set at 3.0 which might be worth considering. The second semi is a much harder one to call. The Italian in me is hoping lightning can strike for a 4th time this tournament and Sara can again upset the odds. She’s a great girl and brilliant to watch but I do think Stosur is a lot cleverer in her play than any of those last three opponents were and she won’t lose her head / game plan just because Errani chases down a couple of shots. I worry that Stosur could come out quite an emphatic winner, but given her exploits this week it’s always a danger to bet against Errani. She’s had a great season on clay, improving all the time and as given that she’s in the singles semi’s and the doubles final she clearly pretty confident at the moment. Good luck to everyone having a bet tomorrow :hope
i see Over 27.5 for Nadal game with odds 1.52 but iam worried to bet on it . although David , Ferrer are good player but i think many players can not beat Nadal in their serve although they are good players and in the 1st 10 players in the rank .so i will not bet on Under/Over at all ... about Sara , Errani game , i have placed a bet " Sara Errani to win the game " tomorrow since she has won many games although the odds where against her and she is very fast too but Stosot is not easy player so iam worried about my bet :D .. Good Luck To All Players :)

Re: French Open 2012 Back M.Sharapova/P.Kvitova - Over 21.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.98 with Pinnacle This should be a thrilling contest and it is hard to see past Sharapova, but I think that Kvitova is going to put her under a lot of pressure with her powerful groundstrokes. A tight match might certainly be on the cards here and this line has been covered in both of their 2012 meetings. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sharapova-vs-kvitova-betting--a-tough-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-two-inconsistent-players Back Samantha Stosur (-3.5) to beat Sara Errani for a 4/10 stake at 1.83 with Bet365 The dream run is probably going to end here. Errani has not beaten Stosur in five tries and I simply cannot see her coping with the kick serve on this surface. She is in the finals of the doubles as well, which means that she had to play an incredible amount of tennis and fatigue might get to her if things start going wrong. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stosur-vs-errani-betting--samantha-stosur-can-record-yet-another-comfortable-victory-in-paris

Back M.Sharapova/P.Kvitova - Over 21.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.98 with Pinnacle This should be a thrilling contest and it is hard to see past Sharapova, but I think that Kvitova is going to put her under a lot of pressure with her powerful groundstrokes. A tight match might certainly be on the cards here and this line has been covered in both of their 2012 meetings. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sharapova-vs-kvitova-betting--a-tough-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-two-inconsistent-players Back Samantha Stosur (-3.5) to beat Sara Errani for a 4/10 stake at 1.83 with Bet365 The dream run is probably going to end here. Errani has not beaten Stosur in five tries and I simply cannot see her coping with the kick serve on this surface. She is in the finals of the doubles as well, which means that she had to play an incredible amount of tennis and fatigue might get to her if things start going wrong. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stosur-vs-errani-betting--samantha-stosur-can-record-yet-another-comfortable-victory-in-paris

Sharapova is too strange to believe this days although she won the Rome WTA but in my opinion , she can beat kvitova hardly . i have placed a bet that Maria will win 2-1 in Bet365 with odds 4.70

Re: French Open 2012 Great Aussie hope, Slammin Sam Stosur up against the warrior Sara Errani, who's getting it done both in the singles and doubles tournaments. Stosur with the 5-0 H2H record and I just can't go past her, as I believe she has looked like the best womens player this tournament, other than Sharapova. She is yet to drop a set and has played at such a high level throughout this entire tournament. Also another factor could be that this is Errani's first singles semi final in a Grand Slam, so of course there could be nerves about. Stosur has been here before and knows how to win a match in this situation. (French open 2010, US Open 2011) With this in mind, going to take Sam on the -1.5 set handicap. Good luck guys! Stosur 1.5 set handicap $2.05 TAB Sportsbet

Re: French Open 2012 Kvitova to beat Sharapova. 3.26 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I believe Kvitova will go all the way this week. Did not think so at the start of the tournament but been quite impressed with her. Came back against Svhedova yesterday in very tough match. Sharapova is legit favorite today but Kvitova has got a real chance. She's up for the big matches and it can't get much bigger (only final remains). The forecast is horrible in Paris today, lots of rain, wind and stuff. Sharapova can be all over the place in the wind with her serve. If Kvitova is on song that second serve of Sharapova's will be punished. Kvitova has got he power to hit through anyone. Sharapova has got added pressure because she's the big favorite and will return to the number one spot if she wins today. That can be a mental obstacle as well. The way I see this match go is Kvitova will go for her shots, will miss a lot but also will make a lot. I just don't like Sharapova's serve in windy conditions. Double faults galore... There is 4.5 games spread available which looks very good as well, but I'm playing the big one here. Not touching Errani this time although think Stosur will be all over her and will win in straight sets but you just never know...

Re: French Open 2012 Kvitova vs Sharapova > 2.5 sets @2.55 IASBet. Clay, Semi Final GrandSlam. I think the chance of getting to 3rd set is better than backing any of these 2. Either of these hard hitters can make it difficult for the other to keep serve in this condition. This round forces them to play their best although neither looks confident enough to beat the other in straights. Update: LOST. I was wrong. Sharapova was a step up from Shvedova yesterday which Kvitova had problem with. Kvitova couldn't raise her game after the loss of 1st set. Solid performance from Maria. Maria won 63 63. Errani +4.5 to beat Stosur @1.94 Pinnacle. Clay, Semi Final GrandSlam. It's easy to tell that Errani is playing with confident. I mean look at those huge forehand ground strokes and precise dropshots. She's really enjoying playing tennis at the moment, that can help alot going against someone she never beat in 5 previous meetings. She never beat Stosur, but that doesn't mean she cannot beat her. Stosur is tough opponent to play against because she's just way too fast for a woman, thankfully her ground strokes aren't very consistent. Update: won. Errani did play aggressively in 1st set unleashing lots of power. Although the last 2 sets has turned into a mental battle in which Stosur lost miserably in the deciding. Errani loves tennis more. Errani won 75 16 63

about Sara ' date=' Errani game , i have placed a bet " Sara Errani to win the game " tomorrow since she has won many games although the odds where against her and she is very fast too but Stosot is not easy player so iam worried about my bet :D .. Good Luck To All Players :)[/quote'] Oh My God , I won my bet again ... Thanks Sara Errani .. Can not believe my eyes :)

Kvitova vs Sharapova > 2.5 sets @2.55 IASBet. Clay, Semi Final GrandSlam. I think the chance of getting to 3rd set is better than backing any of these 2. Either of these hard hitters can make it difficult for the other to keep serve in this condition. This round forces them to play their best although neither looks confident enough to beat the other in straights. Update: LOST. I was wrong. Sharapova was a step up from Shvedova yesterday which Kvitova had problem with. Kvitova couldn't raise her game after the loss of 1st set. Solid performance from Maria. Maria won 63 63. Errani +4.5 to beat Stosur @1.94 Pinnacle. Clay, Semi Final GrandSlam. It's easy to tell that Errani is playing with confident. I mean look at those huge forehand ground strokes and precise dropshots. She's really enjoying playing tennis at the moment, that can help alot going against someone she never beat in 5 previous meetings. She never beat Stosur, but that doesn't mean she cannot beat her. Stosur is tough opponent to play against because she's just way too fast for a woman, thankfully her ground strokes aren't very consistent. Update: won. Errani did play aggressively in 1st set unleashing lots of power. Although the last 2 sets has turned into a mental battle in which Stosur lost miserably in the deciding. Errani loves tennis more. Errani won 75 16 63
i placed a bet that Maria will win 2-1 but i lost it , and bet that Errani will win and i won it >> Good Luck :)

Re: French Open 2012 Back R.Nadal/D.Ferrer - Under 31.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 1.99 with Pinnacle Well, I did back overs in the previous match, but I guess that this will be different. Ferrer has no serve and his baseline play just is not going to be good enough against this kind of Nadal. Was expecting a 30.5 games line tbh, so this looks even better. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-ferrer-betting--it-is-hard-to-see-david-ferrer-challenging-the-defending-champion-today Back Roger Federer to beat Novak Djokovic for a 3/10 stake at 2.82 with Pinnacle Would say there is value in these odds. Federer should be able to raise his game, while I find it hard to believe that Djokovic can do the same. He was not able to do it against Tsonga at least. Djokovic was much better last year and still could not get the job done, so Federer definitely has a chance here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-djokovic-betting--roger-federer-might-be-able-to-beat-his-big-rival-once-again--

Re: French Open 2012 The quarter finals went exactly to plan thankfully which brings the overall to a tournament high of +17.40. Would have been higher if I didn't place all of my eggs in one woman's basket (something you should never do ;)) but that's life. Not going mad with the bets tomorrow in the semis but am taking an interest in both. Quick congratulations to Sara Errani as well, some effort to make her first slam final. :clap Novak Djokovic (-3.5 games) to beat Roger Federer- 9/10 BetVictor- (4/10) Do think the Serb will get revenge for what happened 12 months ago against Federer here. From what I've seen of Federer thus far, something just hasn't been right. Whether there's a slight problem in his camp, a lack of confidence I really don't know but I find it really hard to believe that everything is perfect with the great one just at the minute. He's not known for hammering his early opponents consistently, but losing sets to the likes of Ungur, Mahut and Goffin would really worry me if I was a Federer fan and he's extremely fortunate that Del Potro struggled with his knee as the match went on in the quarter finals as the Argentine was outplaying Federer for the first 2 sets in that one. Djokovic has also been far from his best but the fighting spirit he showed against Tsonga impressed me. Against Seppi he was poor and he got his slice of luck in Tsonga not match points, but the professionalism and confidence that the Serb showed on those match points was superb. The conditions tomorrow are going to be heavy I imagine given the weather which favours Djokovic massively to be honest, as the balls will be heavier and far harder to hit winners which Federer needs against Djokovic as it's the Serb who is a lot better in the baseline rallies. Although having to save match points against Tsonga on clay may not appear great, you have to remember that Djokovic had to overcome the crowd which is never easy against the local hero and although Federer is well liked, the support won't be to the same extent that it was with Tsonga. I actually struggle to see where Federer is going to hurt Djokovic given the conditions and the way he is playing. The only way I see him beating the Serb is if Djokovic goes missing massively like he did in parts against Tsonga but I really don't expect him to do that tomorrow. No doubt he'll want that final spot against Nadal to see if he can complete the 4 slam circle and I just expect him to win this a little more comfortably than some may imagine tomorrow. David Ferrer vs Rafael Nadal- Total First Set Games Over 9.5- 10/11 BetVictor- (3/10) David Ferrer is fast becoming my favourite player on the tour now with the way he plays and the fighting spirit he shows on court. His sheer work ethic is outstanding and his general attitude is second to none. I know many expect Rafa to walk away with this one and are practically giving Ferrer virtually no chance but tbh, I feel that's really disresepctful to the Spaniard. Granted his draw may have been favourable, but beating Murray in 4 sets in the comfortably manner he did is a fine effort whichever way you look at it and I honestly think Ferrer is being underrated massively here. I'm not saying Nadal is going to lose, but I do think Ferrer is playing well enough to cause him some problems and at least keep this close for a while. Ferrer has actually beaten his compatriot in the previous 2 grand slam meetings which will give him confidence heading into a 5 setter with Nadal and Rafa will know he'll have to raise his game to beat Ferrer. I'm not taking the overs or anything as Rafa could well win in 3 sets, but I don't anticipate him running away with all of them, and certainly not the first. You only have to look at the previous few matches between these 2 to see that the first set is usually an extremely competitive one. 4 of the last 6 meetings have covered this line given here, including both matches on clay in recent weeks in which Ferrer has really pushed Nadal. In fact, in all 3 grand slam matches this first set line has also been covered as well including that at the French Open back in 2005 as Ferrer is playing alot better than he was back then. I just think Ferrer will be really up for this one given that Murray result, and early doors, I think he should be able to match Rafa and I expect to see a minimum of 6-4 in the first set.

Re: French Open 2012 Congrats on your great day, Fishy! I followed you on two of those bets, so thanks a bunch! I like your write ups for today and agree on your Djokovic pick.However, when it comes to over 9,5 games in the first set, I am always worried about who will serve first. While a magnificent Hustler, I can see Ferrer being broken early given his average serve and if we are unlucky, we'll end up with 6-3 in the first.I'd be surprised if we see a slow start from Nadal as he must realize that Ferrer is all about momentum. So he will return very aggressively, one would think in order to break early and to not even let Ferrer get up to speed. If Ferrer takes indeed the first set, I believe he has great chances to take this all the way for sure.

Congrats on your great day, Fishy! I followed you on two of those bets, so thanks a bunch! I like your write ups for today and agree on your Djokovic pick.However, when it comes to over 9,5 games in the first set, I am always worried about who will serve first. While a magnificent Hustler, I can see Ferrer being broken early given his average serve and if we are unlucky, we'll end up with 6-3 in the first.I'd be surprised if we see a slow start from Nadal as he must realize that Ferrer is all about momentum. So he will return very aggressively, one would think in order to break early and to not even let Ferrer get up to speed. If Ferrer takes indeed the first set, I believe he has great chances to take this all the way for sure.
Yeah whoever serves first could be important but it's worth noting that Nadal usually receives if he wins the toss. Nadal hasn't been returning all that well and you have to remember that Ferrer held his own against Murray early doors who is a better returner than the Spaniard. I'm not so sure if he'll take a set, but I expect him to keep it close for a while.

Yeah whoever serves first could be important but it's worth noting that Nadal usually receives if he wins the toss. Nadal hasn't been returning all that well and you have to remember that Ferrer held his own against Murray early doors who is a better returner than the Spaniard. I'm not so sure if he'll take a set' date= but I expect him to keep it close for a while.
Great point. I decided to go for it! GL and thanks for your write up. Should be a good one. I'll be rooting for Ferrer for sure.

Re: French Open 2012 Ouch sorry about that one mate, Ferrer really needed that break tbh. All one way traffic from there. Now I've seen the conditions, I am taking one further bet in the Federer-Djokovic match. Over 7.5 Breaks of Serve- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Now I've got a proper feel of the conditions and how the courts are playing, I'm more than happy to take the overs here. Extremely windy conditions over in Paris as we can see in the Nadal-Ferrer match atm and that bring a few double faults with it and a fair few breaks of serve in my opinion. I remember taking this same line in the final last year between Nadal and Federer and it came through comfortably and I see no reason why it won't again today. Neither Djokovic or Federer have been serving particularly well in the past couple of weeks in Paris, with the likes of Seppi and Goffin managing to create plenty of chances on return against these two guys. In both quarter finals involving the pair, this line was covered with ease and now with the prospect of another 5 setter against far better opposition, and the blustery conditions, I'd expect at least 4 sets tbh with Djokovic winning but in that time I'd be surprised if we didn't see at least 8 breaks in total.

Re: French Open 2012 Back Maria Sharapova (-5) to beat Sara Errani for a 2/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle Can't see past Sharapova to be honest, a win here would be the logical conclusion of the entire clay court swing. Far too much firepower for Errani (who has now played way too much tennis) to handle. However, there is obviously no point in backing anything in this match if you have backed Sharapova outright at the start of the tournament. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sharapova-vs-errani-betting--maria-sharapova-should-have-no-problems-in-the-final-match

Back Maria Sharapova (-5) to beat Sara Errani for a 2/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle Can't see past Sharapova to be honest, a win here would be the logical conclusion of the entire clay court swing. Far too much firepower for Errani (who has now played way too much tennis) to handle. However, there is obviously no point in backing anything in this match if you have backed Sharapova outright at the start of the tournament. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sharapova-vs-errani-betting--maria-sharapova-should-have-no-problems-in-the-final-match
iam going to take S,Errani to beat M,Sharapova . i think it is crazy pick but maybe my luck will be good

Re: French Open 2012 Good work again Fishy yesterday, and excellent stuff overall in the tournament. Its been a tricky one for most including myself, so to come out with such a good profit is impressive. Lost the bets on the overs in the Sharapova semi, meaning I wasn't able to claw myself back into profit for the tournament. Not touching the womens final today, just hoping Errani can keep the fight going for one more match. If she can then she'll scare Sharapova i'm sure, but after the week she's had in her singles and doubles matches (her and Vinci won yesterday) its a big if whether she'll have enough left in her. What do people reckon for the mens final then? Its always a shock to the system to see Novak priced at almost 4's and intial thoughts are that overs or the + handicap could be worth a look. Don't think we'll see another repeat on Monte Carlo. Djokovic played a good game vs Fed, an improvement on his previous two and with all thats at stake, you wouldn't expect the Serb to roll over.

Re: French Open 2012 I agree with Gooner. How can you not looking at how the FO have progressed? Interesting is also that the opposition of the two finalists have been quite different in the later stages of the tournament. Nadal has completely whipped clay court specialists such as Monaco, Almagro and of course the unfortunate Ferrer, while Novak has struggled against Tsonga, far from a natural clay courter. I am fairly certain that we can expect a 3-4 set win from Rafa tomorrow.