** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2012

Re: French Open 2012 5/10 Martin Klizan -1.5 sets tb Nicolas Mahut @ 1.80 (Unibet) I really like to back Klizan and to fade Mahut. First start with Klizan, a real clay court player. He played already 28 clay court matches this year and lost one match in his last 11. Two weeks ago, he won the challenger in Bordeaux by beating Gabashvili in straight sets. He is fresh because he only played 4 games last Monday before Dancevic retired. Mahut on the other hand just played 4 matches this year on clay and lost in Bordeaux in straights to Gabashvili, the man who got beaten by Klizan. Mahut is not a frequent clay court player but won his first round in 4 sets against Andy Roddick. However, Andy Roddick hates clay and lost even in Dusseldorf to Go Soeda so beating Roddick is not that impressive. Mahut took his chances by converting 7 of 7 break points against 3 of 10 for Andy Roddick so it was not a clear win. Klizan is the better clay court player and will take the chances Mahut will give him. If even Roddick could get 10 opportunities to break, Klizan would get even more. They never played before but maybe you can compare them by seeing that Klizan won to Gabashvili two weeks ago while Mahut lost in straight sets. I expect Klizan to win here, maybe without dropping a set, but I even doubt that.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2012 Not a whole lot luring me in tomorrow but am taking 2. Michael Llodra vs Tomas Berdych- Over 31.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Already spoken about Berdych in the outright and think he will win in the end, but I can see the Frenchman lasting a fair while and keeping it close for the majority. It's not exactly a perfect match-up for Berdych this one, with Llodra's serve and volley style and rushing to the net whenever possible. Baseline rallies are where his strengths lie, and he's not really known for being the best passer in the world which is where Llodra should get some success. Llodra beat Garcia-Lopez in the first round impressively which will pleased the home fans, and he can take a lot of confidence into this one knowing he has beaten the Czech in their last 2 matches, all interestingly in grand slams including in Paris back in 2008. I do expect Berdych to win this one, but the match-up isn't a good one for him which the H2H shows. Rarely are matches between these two quick and easy so I'll take the overs in this one. Stanislas Wawrinka (-5.5 games) to beat Pablo Andujar- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Can't quite believe I'm backing Stan with any sort of handicap here given his performance in the first round against Cipolla. He was extremely inconsistent and too often did he go missing for his own service games. The reason I am backing him though is because his Spanish opponent is even more inconsistent which hardly seems possible. His scoreline against Hanescu in the first round in peculiar to say the least. 6-1 2-6 1-6 6-3 6-1 is a weird one whichever way you look at it, but what it does show is the massive inconsistency in the Spaniard's game even against a guy who is far from his peak. I can't see Wawrinka playing any worse than he did in the first round and even then, you thought he could always up his game a bit and regain his focus. Why he didn't get the job done in 3 sets I don't know but I don't anticipate he'll want another 5 set marathon again today. He leads the H2H 2-0, including a straight sets win in Monte-Carlo a month or so back and I fancy Stan to win with a bit to spare in this one.

Re: French Open 2012 Cilic vs Ferrero OVER 37.5 games @ 4/5 (Paddy Power:4pts) Has the feel of at least a 4 setter here. Cilic didnt look too great in round one, very lucky to win in straight sets there But there've been some signs of his return to form in recent weeks. JCF wasnt really tested in his match with Dasnieres but dealt with him comfortably, too much craft and a welcome win after some sloppy matches from him in recent weeks. I dont see either man coming through in straight sets really, Cilic still has consistency issues and goes missing at times, while I'm not sure about JCF winning these matches these days, he's not the force of past years but he can be competitive at least imo. I'd guess Cilic in 4 or 5 but dont care as long as it drags out!! Berdych vs Llodra OVER 31 games AH @ 1.80 (Pinny:3pts) Has been a tricky one for Berdy in the past, Llodra doesnt typically do a whole lot here on clay but can be a threat on his day if the serve is working. And he did play well against GGL in rd 1. Berdych will win but a competitive set or two from Llodra should give the line a chance here.

Re: French Open 2012 Great tips from everyone so far, hope everyone ends the day on a plus! 1 bet for me today, A. Seppi vs M. Kukushkin over 37games @1.96 SBOBET 1unit i really like this play because ive been watching these two players closely recently. i saw how seppi won against istomin, isner and wawrinka a while back and also how kukushkin played against tomic and Baker. in my opinion they both are similar in a way that currently (this month) they cant close out matches/cant kill off their opponents easily. eg: Istomin, Wawrinka for Seppi and Tomic, Baker for Kukushin Although Seppi is playing better tennis than kukushkin (who isnt doing that bad) recently, they are both fighters. Kukushkin looks like he's always tired and has a face that looks like a bullied nerd in school but he surprised me a few times by not "throwing" the set just because he's down a break. you can see this from the Tomic and Baker matches. so we can expect that he will try to fight back when he is down a break and force a couple of tiebreaks and/or win a set today. In the end i expect Seppi to win the match but not easily, preferably not in straight sets.

Re: French Open 2012 Troicki v Fognini Fognini played very well in his first round winning comfortably in straight sets and last year got to the quarter final and beat Belluci in the first round and his was underdog, I would expect Troicki to win this game however I think it will be very close! Troicki is 2-1 up in the head to heads. Over 37.5 games - 1.94 @ Pinnacle Kevin Anderson v Zeballos Zeballos is having a great season so far winning 25 and only losing 11 on clay and had to qualify for the French Open through the qualifying stages he took all 3 games to 3 sets and the sets he lost tend to be the first one (2/3) He also took the first set in the first round into a Tie Break, Showing maybe he takes abit of time to get into the matches hes played so far, in every game Anderson has won this year he has won the first set, I would expect to see the same today! Anderson to win the 1st set - 1.66 @ Ladbrokes Thats all for me today not alot out there!

I agree that there's not a lot out there on the men's side today. A few of the matches I had in mind have seen odds shift too far against them, so I'm just going to fire on one match today. - MICHAEL BERRER to beat Nicolas Devilder (French Open R2) @ 1.68 with panbet The odds, and the handicap, were a lot higher yesterday, but I still think the line holds enough juice for me to hit. Devilder's win over Krajinovic was quite an impressive score but I think his run will end at the hands of Berrer. He's very much a Challenger-type player who has had little success throughout his career. He came out and said that after beating the Serb in Round 1, he'd earned enough money to see him through to 2013. It's a massive success even getting this far for the Frenchman. Berrer put in a quite herculean effort in defeating Melzer in R1. He was two sets down but showed plenty of guts to battle through. He came through the qualies pretty emphatically and I feel he's coming back towards some of his best form. He's an awkward lefty server who is quite aggressive, while Devilder is a far more passive player, and I suspect Berrer's attacking instincts will get the match done. The history between the two certainly favours the German. He leads the H2H 3-1 and won their most recent match, on clay, in Casablanca last year 6-3 6-3. Although this is a far different tie, I'd expect him to again be too strong for the Frenchman, simply because previous encounters suggest Devilder has had problems with him in the past. Berrer is also defending Round 3 points from last year, and his ranking will suffer further if he loses out. There will be plenty motivation for him to do it. I toyed with just hitting Berrer on the handicap but in Slams, the -2.5 line can easily be ruined by one errant set. I'm happy enough to take him on the match line at reduced odds. For me, there is a gulf in quality here and I expect Berrer to expose that and get the win. :hope

Re: French Open 2012 Took one in the mens as well last night. Still weighing up whether the overs in the Ferrero vs Cilic game is worth taking, like IAmGooner I think it may well be but the over 37.5 line seems to have now gone. Giles Muller vs Fernando Verdasco Muller has made an concerted effort this year to get some game time on clay, entering a number of tournaments and the fact that he’s reached a challenger final shows that he can hack it on this surface. Either way with his big ol serve he should be getting himself some easy points (28 aces in the first round and he’s statistically the 4th best ace per game player on the tour I think) and I would expect early on whilst it takes Verdasco some time to figure his serve out he should be able to keep it close. A tie break or two would help this bet over. Whilst the one H2H was an emphatic win for Verdasco that was well over 7 years ago so not much point that I see reading much into that. Having a quick look at his record for matches against other big serving one trick ponies and I see he actually fell to Ivan Ljubcic at this event last year and he’s been kept relatively close and has indeed dropped sets against the likes of Isner, Anderson and lost 3 times to Karlovic as well, so not emphatic results Over 29.5 games 1.72 at Pinnacle (2.5 / 10 units) :hope Again good luck to those getting involved today. I would agree that it looks a tricky card again so lets know we can all get some results.

Re: French Open 2012 King - Cibulkova King showing some good perfomance the last weeks on this surface. Had a good Head 2 head history against Cibulkova (lead 3-0) but every match was very close. Cibulkova also in the winning mood on this surface. Some good results in Rome and Brussels and a very good first round here. I think this can be another match, that not be easy for both players. 4/10 Over 19.5 games @ 1.72 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Wozniak - Zheng Both players not in the best form, but Wozniak likes this surface more. Zheng lost 4 of the last 6 matches on Clay, but she had a good win in the first round against Cornet. Wozniak will be playing good, struggling sometimes but she can play better here. It can be a difficult match for here, but she can beat Zheng here. 5/10 Wozniak ML @ 1.73 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Berrer - Devilder In the first round Devilder had a very comfortable win against Krajinovic. I was very wondering about that, but Devilder playing well after Krajinovic struggling the whole match. Berrer had some great and long match against Jurgen Melzer who he had beating in 5 sets. But he can play very well on this surface, good gameplay as we see on the results early in this tournament (qualification). Last year the German had beaten Devilder on clay in Casablanca in straight sets, but i think he can beat the Frenchmen here again. Maybe in 4 or 5 sets but it is possible. 5/10 Berrer ML @ 1.80 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Last pick for today: Troicki - Fognini What a odds here for Troicki. Ofcourse this will be a close match but i don't see Troicki here as dog that must be have a odd higher than evens. Troicki is in very good form on clay. Winning 7 out his last 10 matches on clay and was only beaten by Tsonga, Gasquet and Bachinger. Only the first two are be better than him. Fognini, i don't know what to think about him. He can play great (see the first round against Mannarino), but he can be so terrible if he don't like to play that day. Also it will be a close match with very good odds for Troicki who loves to play on clay the last weeks. 4/10 Troicki ML @ 2.03 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Johansson - Cetkovska Also one more pick for today. Was be thinking about this over and Johansson +5 games. But this will be more safe i think. Johansson will be play here in their own country. Full crowds and we see yesterday by Razzano what to do that with players. See can play very good on this surface and beaten Cetkovska twice times from the 3 meetings they have on clay. Cetkovska can also play good on clay, but they had not so much easy wins here. A few weeks ago she was beaten by Johansson on clay with 36 46 and i think she don't have a easy day today. I expekt a close match, but i don't know who can win this match. This will be the most safe line for me. 3/10 Over 19 games @ 1.75 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012

Juan Monaco vs Guillaume Rufin set betting 3-1 3/1 skybet over 30.5 games 5/6 skybet it looks a bit short with the overs i think it could be quite close both players can play on the clay and i expect both will get a set
i had a feeling it might both players would a least one set im sorry i did not write up the bet properly i hope everyone went for it anyway despite not showing the prices at the time

Re: French Open 2012 I am going to write what I bet on now so you can avoid it. Got some time off and decided to bet on something to make it more interesting. Some nice bets on here, decided to follow on Michael Berrer - the guy is garbage! Dominating the rallies but cannot put it away. Devilder is just returning the ball over the net. Had he been more aggressive it would have been a different story.

I agree that there's not a lot out there on the men's side today. A few of the matches I had in mind have seen odds shift too far against them, so I'm just going to fire on one match today. - MICHAEL BERRER to beat Nicolas Devilder (French Open R2) @ 1.68 with panbet The odds, and the handicap, were a lot higher yesterday, but I still think the line holds enough juice for me to hit. Devilder's win over Krajinovic was quite an impressive score but I think his run will end at the hands of Berrer. He's very much a Challenger-type player who has had little success throughout his career. He came out and said that after beating the Serb in Round 1, he'd earned enough money to see him through to 2013. It's a massive success even getting this far for the Frenchman. Berrer put in a quite herculean effort in defeating Melzer in R1. He was two sets down but showed plenty of guts to battle through. He came through the qualies pretty emphatically and I feel he's coming back towards some of his best form. He's an awkward lefty server who is quite aggressive, while Devilder is a far more passive player, and I suspect Berrer's attacking instincts will get the match done. The history between the two certainly favours the German. He leads the H2H 3-1 and won their most recent match, on clay, in Casablanca last year 6-3 6-3. Although this is a far different tie, I'd expect him to again be too strong for the Frenchman, simply because previous encounters suggest Devilder has had problems with him in the past. Berrer is also defending Round 3 points from last year, and his ranking will suffer further if he loses out. There will be plenty motivation for him to do it. I toyed with just hitting Berrer on the handicap but in Slams, the -2.5 line can easily be ruined by one errant set. I'm happy enough to take him on the match line at reduced odds. For me, there is a gulf in quality here and I expect Berrer to expose that and get the win. :hope
Devilder d. Berrer 7-6 6-4 6-2: LOSS My first loss at this year's Open is an irritating one. Berrer just didn't bring his A-game to the table. My bad for a poor bet at relatively short odds. Apologies to anyone who followed.

Re: French Open 2012 Apologies on my two earlier folks, two worst tips I've made all year tbh and on the same day!! Should be shot for relying on Llodra on clay and semi-retired Ferrero who is challenger level these days. Awful bets. And to think I scrapped Cilic -2 in favour of the overs...........:lol.

Re: French Open 2012 atko i need your help.... i got killed by huber / raymond dobule....:@ so i'd like to ask you what if you can quickly review this pait in mens doubles...Kukushkin M. / Kunitsyn I.- Berlocq C. / Marrero S. D. i would like to be on Berlocq C. / Marrero S. D. but i don't wanna get burned again like before..... pls help :D

Re: French Open 2012 Like quite a few bets for the next couple of days: - BERNARD TOMIC to beat Santiago Giraldo (French Open R2) @ 1.909 with panbet This has the potential to be a really good match but like a few weeks ago, I'm going to side with the young Australian to beat the Colombian. The match I'm referring to is their meeting in this year's Rome Masters, where Tomic beat Giraldo on the clay 4-6 6-2 6-4. In that match Tomic drove Giraldo nuts. The Colombian just made too many errors as Tomic moved him around and threw in plenty of "junk" that teased and toyed with his opponent. Over five sets, I'm expecting the same kind of outcome. Tomic's a clever player and he's learning how to play on clay. Giraldo is more of a power player. Nice forehand but Tomic can negate that with his good defensive skills. Overall, it feels like a bad match-up for Giraldo, and considering a Round 3 appearance would see Tomic's ranking rise further, he'll be motivated and will want to win. Wouldn't be surprised to see this go to four or even five but I fancy Tomic to get the job done. - FLORIAN MAYER -5.5 games v Eduardo Schwank (French Open R2) @ 1.85 with panbet A lot of people don't rate Mayer but he's a decent enough player in Slams and I think he'll made into R3 with a bit to spare against Schwank in this match. Schwank's tale is a good one - he made it through the qualies with aplomb and then got a very kind R1 draw against Karlovic, who is (a) poor on clay and (b) suffering from an injury. But Mayer is several steps up from the guys he's beaten and I expect the German to do the job serenly. He's got a bigger serve and wonderful variation in his game. He has an unorthodox style that works well on a quick clay court, which are the conditions on show here. Schwank's played a lot of tennis - he's been on the court for more than a week now and I do feel that faigue is bound to play a part. Looking at his recent form, whenever he's come up against a competent claycourter, he's been soundly beaten (Muller and Nieminen good examples). Mayer's taking this seriously, he was pretty clinical against Gimeno-Traver, and I expect him to do a professional job against Schwank and cover a fairly modest line. - UNDER 32.5 GAMES between Milos Raonic and Jesse Levine (French Open R2) @ 1.93 with panbet Raonic is a very handy claycourter. People tend to think that he's not adriot on this surface but we've seen throughout the European clay swing that he has the game to be effective on this surface. He's beaten Murray, taken a set off Federer and taken Ferrer to two tie-breaks on the European clay. We're talking about a top 20 claycourter in the making here. He actually didn't play that well against Ramirez Hidalgo in R1 but still won easily in straights and I suspect there's more to come from the big Canadian. Levine came through the qualies so has had a fair amount of court time. Not really known for his ability on the red brick, I'd say it's a pretty mean feat to get this far. Had an easy R1 tie against an out-of-shape Becker and this will be a lot tougher. Hard to see him doing much on Raonic's huge serve and can't see him keeping his percentages high enough to avoid breaks. In essence, I see Raonic winning this in straights and doing so quite easily. The best odds lie with the unders at 1.93 - 3-0 is in the 1.60s and the handicap is a tad high at -7.5. Often big servers do the job at 6-4 6-4 6-4 and the same could happen here, so more inclined to go down this route. Think it'll be comfortable for Raonic here. :hope

atko i need your help.... i got killed by huber / raymond dobule....:@ so i'd like to ask you what if you can quickly review this pait in mens doubles...Kukushkin M. / Kunitsyn I.- Berlocq C. / Marrero S. D. i would like to be on Berlocq C. / Marrero S. D. but i don't wanna get burned again like before..... pls help :D
Sorry I have no idea mate. Don't follow the doubles. Certainly in Slams it can be a lottery. Don't chase, keep your discipline. That's the best advice I can give.

Re: French Open 2012 Like Atko, I'm in the mix for tomorrow and a few early ones have caught my eye. Hoping and expecting better than today where I made two pitiful bets. Monaco vs Rosol OVER 30.5 games @ 11/13 (Bwin:4pts) Line looks a tad low to me, Rosol is playing quite well at the minute and a player of his type is dangerous when they are confident as he has some weapons, can serve and ballbash winners, dropshot aswell. He beat Berlocq in rd 1, really controlling that match until a little blip in the third and losing a tie-break but regained control afterwards. Monaco is a tough claycourter and hard to beat, but Rufin played a competitive match with him in round one and was a tie-break from a 5th set. I think Rosol is playing well enough to make this competitive and cover the line. Dimitrov +7.5 games AH vs Gasquet @ 8/11 (Paddy Power:4pts) Dimitrov has flattered to deceive since breaking onto the tour for the most part but still a talented player with weapons, and he has played a couple of competitive matches against stronger opponents at slams before. This line looks big to me and could be covered even if Gasquet wins in 3 or 4 which I think is likely. The Frenchman played well against Zopp but didnt blow him away, he was in control all the way but the sets were close enough. Dimitrov was solid against Young, served well, played aggressive at times but also patiently waited for him to self-destruct really. I think he can be competitive against the Frenchman tomorrow.

Marion Bartoli vs Petra Martic Bartoli -2AH games 1.71 at Pinnacle (3 / 10 units) :\ Shahar Peer vs Ana Ivanovic Over 18 games 1.70 at Pinnacle (2.5 /10 units) :\ Giles Muller vs Fernando Verdasco Over 29.5 games 1.72 at Pinnacle (2.5 / 10 units) :ok
Crappy day for me too, one winner, two losers taking me back to +1.11 for the tournament.

Troicki v Fognini Fognini played very well in his first round winning comfortably in straight sets and last year got to the quarter final and beat Belluci in the first round and his was underdog, I would expect Troicki to win this game however I think it will be very close! Troicki is 2-1 up in the head to heads. Over 37.5 games - 1.94 @ Pinnacle Kevin Anderson v Zeballos Zeballos is having a great season so far winning 25 and only losing 11 on clay and had to qualify for the French Open through the qualifying stages he took all 3 games to 3 sets and the sets he lost tend to be the first one (2/3) He also took the first set in the first round into a Tie Break, Showing maybe he takes abit of time to get into the matches hes played so far, in every game Anderson has won this year he has won the first set, I would expect to see the same today! Anderson to win the 1st set - 1.66 @ Ladbrokes Thats all for me today not alot out there!
Anderson bet won! And the other bet is looking promising, need it to go to 5 sets or another 2 close sets!

King - Cibulkova King showing some good perfomance the last weeks on this surface. Had a good Head 2 head history against Cibulkova (lead 3-0) but every match was very close. Cibulkova also in the winning mood on this surface. Some good results in Rome and Brussels and a very good first round here. I think this can be another match, that not be easy for both players. 4/10 Over 19.5 games @ 1.72 Pinnacle
Wozniak - Zheng Both players not in the best form, but Wozniak likes this surface more. Zheng lost 4 of the last 6 matches on Clay, but she had a good win in the first round against Cornet. Wozniak will be playing good, struggling sometimes but she can play better here. It can be a difficult match for here, but she can beat Zheng here. 5/10 Wozniak ML @ 1.73 Pinnacle
Berrer - Devilder In the first round Devilder had a very comfortable win against Krajinovic. I was very wondering about that, but Devilder playing well after Krajinovic struggling the whole match. Berrer had some great and long match against Jurgen Melzer who he had beating in 5 sets. But he can play very well on this surface, good gameplay as we see on the results early in this tournament (qualification). Last year the German had beaten Devilder on clay in Casablanca in straight sets, but i think he can beat the Frenchmen here again. Maybe in 4 or 5 sets but it is possible. 5/10 Berrer ML @ 1.80 Pinnacle
Last pick for today: Troicki - Fognini What a odds here for Troicki. Ofcourse this will be a close match but i don't see Troicki here as dog that must be have a odd higher than evens. Troicki is in very good form on clay. Winning 7 out his last 10 matches on clay and was only beaten by Tsonga, Gasquet and Bachinger. Only the first two are be better than him. Fognini, i don't know what to think about him. He can play great (see the first round against Mannarino), but he can be so terrible if he don't like to play that day. Also it will be a close match with very good odds for Troicki who loves to play on clay the last weeks. 4/10 Troicki ML @ 2.03 Pinnacle
Johansson - Cetkovska Also one more pick for today. Was be thinking about this over and Johansson +5 games. But this will be more safe i think. Johansson will be play here in their own country. Full crowds and we see yesterday by Razzano what to do that with players. See can play very good on this surface and beaten Cetkovska twice times from the 3 meetings they have on clay. Cetkovska can also play good on clay, but they had not so much easy wins here. A few weeks ago she was beaten by Johansson on clay with 36 46 and i think she don't have a easy day today. I expekt a close match, but i don't know who can win this match. This will be the most safe line for me. 3/10 Over 19 games @ 1.75 Pinnacle
LOST WON LOST xxx WON

Re: French Open 2012 Radwanska - Kvitova Both players are not very good on this surface. Kvitova will be won 6 from 9 matches this season on clay and is in the last 4 years 33w20l on this surface. In the first round she losing 3 games against youngster Barty. Radwanska will be a lot better than here. Radwanska are in perfect form. They are very good last week in Brussel and they are playing well the first round against Parmentier. Also this will be not her best surface: 15w22l in the last four years. But i think Radwanska can win here 6 or more games against Kvitova. 4/10 Over 18 games @ 1.79 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Good calls Banner. Not alot from me today. Berdych dominated Llodra unfortunately but Wawrinka came through well in the end. My lock in bet of Bartoli at 200/1 is also over :sad Will update the P/L tomorrow night as I need to get some sleep ahead of my last exam tomorrow (thank God) Taking 3 in total. Mikhail Youzhny (-2.5 games) to beat Robin Haase- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Didn't back the Russian against Blake despite considering it but I will back him tomorrow. He did beat the American extremely comfortably though which is a good sign for the Russian and he's done okay in recent weeks, pushing Del Potro and Cilic close and if he performs at that level, he should have too much for Haase here. The Dutchman beat Dodig as straight forward as you like but the Russian is several levels about him and I'm not quite so sure Haase has the quality or experience to get anything out of this one. Looks as though Youzhny is focussed from that first round result, and if he remains solid in this one, he should win and cover the handicap in the process. Marcos Baghdatis vs Nicolas Almagro- Over 32.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Took a similar bet in the Spaniard's first game against Lorenzi and I've got no problems in backing the overs again in his second round match. In truth, Lorenzi probably should have taken the second set and if he had, it would have been interesting to see how Almagro responded given what happened against Kubot last year. Although the Spaniard is playing well at the minute, there were still signs of his concentration going which looks still to be a problem with him. Baghdatis has been in terrible form in truth but he does seem to bring his A-game for the big occasions and he has the ability to really trouble Almagro in this one. He beat Chela comfortably enough which will have given him some confidence given his recent results and I expect him to not to roll over tomorrow. It may not be his favourite surface, but he still possesses the ground strokes to live with Almagro and given the lack of confidence I still have in the Spaniard's concentration, the line set here looks a bit low to me and even with a couple of tight sets this line could look good but whatever happens, I fancy Baggy to give this a real go tomorrow. Andy Murray (-8.5 games) to beat Jarkko Nieminen- 11/10 Bet365- (2/10) Just looks like a hint of value with the handicap on the Scot here. Not interested in going anywhere near the unders in his matches as we know what he is like, but he does have the ability to really crush the Finn in a couple of sets which is why the handicap looks decent to me. He hammered Ito in the first round and never really had to produce anything special to win that one, and given his injury concerns, I've got no doubts that Ivan Lendl will be telling him to get rid of Nieminen quickly just to make sure the Brit stays fresh for the latter stages. Nieminen was a tad fortunate that Andreev retired in the first round as it was a set a piece after he lost the first comfortably and he'll need to improve if he wants to get anywhere near Murray as he really hasn't got any weapons to seriously trouble him. It's going to really come down to how well Murray does play and I think he'll win this one with ease come the end. There may be a tight set in there somewhere, but I see Murray winning at least one set with ease which makes the price on the handicap look a good one. He covered the line at Wimbledon a couple of years back and I'll back him to repeat that again tomorrow.

Re: French Open 2012 Philipp Kohlschreiber - Leonardo Mayer OVER 36.5 GAMES @ 10/11 BET 365 Strength (6/10) I think we'll see another hard-fought match in this second round clash. Mayer is pretty formidable opposition at the French and that's not really a big surprise considering clay is his natural surface and the slower conditions allow him to line up his heavy ground strokes; something he doesn't have time to do on grass or hard courts. His serve is effective as well ; he fired 18 aces in his last match and if he can keep that up then he should give the Kohlschreiber a real argument tomorrow. The German is in good form and very solid himself for the most part, however he struggles to sustain level over five sets and can throw in some comical games; as a result often getting involved in marathons at this stage of a grand slam. Mayer can take a set here or more and the line should be covered if he does. :hope

Re: French Open 2012 Few horrible losses yesterday. Thanks to Kilzan, but luckily Radwanska 2-0 I bet came through with ease. Im still up 6 units in the French. Ive got the following Radwanska to win 2nd Quater @ 2.50 4 units Her only 'realistic' threat I see is Kerber, who has been a bit hit and miss. She is also a break down in her in play game. Radwanska is in excellent form, a great clay player and beyond that plays amazingly smart tennis and is psychologicaly very strong in make or break situations. I really like her to win this quater and I can even see her doing it without dropping a set Radwanska to make it to the final 5.50 @Bet265 1 units See above. Now to tonights games: Tomic tb. Gilardo 1.88 @ Centrebet 5 units Tomic is becoming a better clay courter from game to game. He showed great resolve in the 1st set of his opening game to come back and break back at a crucial point to win set1. He has already beaten Gilardo and is able to frustrate him with his intelligent play and he is an allround better tennis player who is highly motivated this year to break into the top10. Raonic vs Lavine UNDER 31.5- 1.90 @ Centrebet 5 units I honestly can't see Lavine even breaking Raonic even once. We all saw how Federer struggled against Raonic in Madrid. Raonic is a very underrated clay courter. I believe he will be looking to make it a quick affair here and something like 7-5 6-4 6-2 should cover this with ease. The HC is also an option but i prefer this... since it covers things such as 6-4 6-3 6-4 for example. Raonic is a young gun and he usually does not have patience to waste time. I can see him easily demolishing Lavine here. Paire +9.5 2.0 @ Sportsbet aka. Paddypower outside of Australia 3 units Yes Ferrer is good on clay, but 9.5 against Paire after his great display in round 1 and with the local crowd behind him? really? All it takes is the first set staying within 2 points or going to a tiebreaker and this line will hit. I think the bookies are once again underestimating Paire and eventhough Ferrer can be preety clinical... I can still see a motivated Paire challanging him here and making it a lot closer than the bookies expect. Good luck guys