** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

French Open 2012

Re: French Open 2012 Hi guys, its me again, just one pick for me today, Almagro vs Baghdatis Over 33.5 games @1.8 SBOBET 1unit i really like this line here. im surprised this is so low. even as a favourite (almagro should win the match btw) Baghdatis is known as a fighter and never gives up. he can provide some fighting back even when down a break. Almagro started the 1st round quite well although he didnt cover the line during the 1st match (the line was i think 28 games?) he finished it at 31 games, against Lorenzi. and i felt that he could have done better but he didnt really take his chances well enough (converting only around 60% of break points?) he also struggled with serve and allowing Lorenzi to receive more than 10 break points in the game. Anyway, my point is I believe that the line is too low for this match up and although Almagro should win this, i believe it wont be in straight sets. we only need around 6-4, 7-5, 7-5 to cover this and if Baghdatis steal a set it would be perfect.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2012

Paire +9.5 2.0 @ Sportsbet aka. Paddypower outside of Australia 3 units Yes Ferrer is good on clay, but 9.5 against Paire after his great display in round 1 and with the local crowd behind him? really? All it takes is the first set staying within 2 points or going to a tiebreaker and this line will hit. I think the bookies are once again underestimating Paire and eventhough Ferrer can be preety clinical... I can still see a motivated Paire challanging him here and making it a lot closer than the bookies expect. Good luck guys
It is true, the line is a big one and I have been considering it as well. However, what worries me is Paire's incredible inconsistency and how good Ferrer looked in his previous. Considering that it is an early match, I doubt that the crowed will be too rallied up and the tie might already be half over before anybody makes it to the courts. Also what we have learned from the infamous French tennis fan, for him to go bonkers for their home grown, there has to be some momentum from their man and I wonder if Ferrer will just come out guns blazing and shut the door before any of this can really happen. To sum up, the line is big but for a reason. Lots of great tips here today!! GL too all. Let's have a good day on the clay.

Oops fishy25 i just read your post and we have the same pick' date=' i didnt mean to 'copy' your pick i hope you take no offence to that. i posted before i read anything on the board. hope we win today[/quote'] Twinky, don't worry mate. The more write-ups on matches, the better. In fact, if you fancy the same tip, I'd actively encourage you to post it, as it adds weight to the selection.

Re: French Open 2012 Ferrer D. vs Paire B. Fighter David Ferrer will be facing Paire. Ferrer will be fighting every point and this is a surface that he likes. Good starts in this tournament against Lacko (63 64 61), who is playing not so great on clay. Probably, it was not all be good in that match. We are notice 8 games for Lacko and Paire will be a lot better on clay. Lacko had very terrible stats on clay and i was wondering that Ferrer was be struggling some games. Paire had a very good win in the first round against Ramos. He won in 4 sets and that was a very nice prestation. But Paire showing the last week some great perfomance and he will be playing better and better. He is 10w7l this year on clay and 67w48l (63% wins) the last 4 years on clay. I think Paire can be win 10 or more games in this match to cover this bet. 3/10 Over 27.5 games @ 1.72 Bet365

Re: French Open 2012 There is quite a few I like the look off today in both the mens and womens draw ! I've taken these three so far and may be back with some more later. Francesca Schiavone vs Tsvetana Pironkova I backed the Italian to make light work of her first round match up and vs Date Krumm and I expect something similar in this one too. Whilst her form up until Brussels last week was really poor, she turned it around at that event and got some great momentum coming into Roland Garros, which she continued in that first round match. We know that when she wants to be she is a top class clay courter and he normally brings her A game to the French Open with final appearances in both the last two years meaning a lot of points for her to defend here. As for Pironkova, she’s pretty hit and miss on clay, she can normally give average players a test but when it comes to anyone half decent she does struggle. Already this year she’s lost to Kanepi 6-3 6-1 and Garrigues 6-2 6-2. I would but Schiavone in a bracket above those two and so her recent record suggest that she’ll have a lot of difficulties in this one. Indeed these two met on clay last year and Schiavone won 6-2 7-5. Another win like that would be excellent for me today. Schiavone -5.5 games 1.90 at Bet365 (2.5 /10 units) Shuai Peng vs Lourdes Domingez Lino Odds are the wrong way round here for me, no way should Peng be at 2.13 to beat Lino. Whilst her recent for this year on clay hasn’t been good, she is more than capable on this surface you only need to look at her successes over the last 2 years to see that. She’s made semi finals in Brussels last year, the semi’s and quarters in Charlestown in 2010 and 2011 and quarters at Estoril in 2010 as well. So whilst things haven’t been great so far this year, there is plenty of recent history plus that could first round win vs Pasek that needs to be considered. Lino on the other hand has had a mixed season, put I do feel she is starting to come to the tail end of her career. Most of her successes came well over 6-7 years ago now and I’m not sure whether physically she can tough it out with strong no nonsense players like Peng anymore. Peng to win 2.13 at Pinnacle (2.5 /10 units) Milos Raonic vs Jesse Levine I totally agree with Atko on this one, that it should be a relatively easy win for the Canadian in this one. He’s been in very good form on the clay and whilst he’s doesn’t have an array of shots his power and his serve are useful weapons here as much as they are on any other surface. The semi final run in Barcelona was a huge breakthrough for him and whilst didn’t really follow that up in subsequent tournaments the knowledge that one his day he can beat the likes of Almagro and Murray on clay will have been a huge boost. Certainly we saw that confidence in his first round match vs Hidalgo. I have that one shortlisted as possible overs as Hidalgo can be a tricky clay courter but he eased through it. I don’t know much about this guy Levine, but his record on clay particularly recently is not good, and anyone beaten by Go Soeda on this surface is unlikely to stand much chance against Roanic. Under 32.5 games 1.77 at Pinacle (2.5 /10 units) :hope

Oops fishy25 i just read your post and we have the same pick' date=' i didnt mean to 'copy' your pick i hope you take no offence to that. i posted before i read anything on the board. hope we win today[/quote'] No need to apologize bud. Like Atko says, the more insight we have the better and if more people fancy the same bet, it will give followers more confidence in taking it. Hopefully we'll both have a winner from that match. :ok

Re: French Open 2012 Baghdatis - Almagro Small line here i guess. Did see the whole match Almagro - Lorenzi in the first round and the little man was struggling at some moments against the Italian. He will be produced a lot of error's and it was a wonder that he win this match in 3 sets. Baghdatis had a very good win against Chela in straight sets, also Chela is not the Chela from a few years ago. But i see very good options for Baghdatis to cover this line here. 5/10 Over 32.5 games @ 1.80 Bet365

Monaco vs Rosol OVER 30.5 games @ 11/13 (Bwin:4pts) Line looks a tad low to me, Rosol is playing quite well at the minute and a player of his type is dangerous when they are confident as he has some weapons, can serve and ballbash winners, dropshot aswell. He beat Berlocq in rd 1, really controlling that match until a little blip in the third and losing a tie-break but regained control afterwards. Monaco is a tough claycourter and hard to beat, but Rufin played a competitive match with him in round one and was a tie-break from a 5th set. I think Rosol is playing well enough to make this competitive and cover the line.
Philipp Kohlschreiber - Leonardo Mayer OVER 36.5 GAMES @ 10/11 BET 365 Strength (6/10) I think we'll see another hard-fought match in this second round clash. Mayer is pretty formidable opposition at the French and that's not really a big surprise considering clay is his natural surface and the slower conditions allow him to line up his heavy ground strokes; something he doesn't have time to do on grass or hard courts. His serve is effective as well ; he fired 18 aces in his last match and if he can keep that up then he should give the Kohlschreiber a real argument tomorrow. The German is in good form and very solid himself for the most part, however he struggles to sustain level over five sets and can throw in some comical games; as a result often getting involved in marathons at this stage of a grand slam. Mayer can take a set here or more and the line should be covered if he does.
I like both these bets chaps, you've convinced me to have my full quota of five a day by adding these two to the menu :ok

Re: French Open 2012 He's stole that mate. Looks like he copied one of Sliders picks on the Mayer vs Kohls match up too. Ok, the final 2 for today. I’m following Atko’s five a day plan. Sofia Arvidsson vs Yaroslava Shevdova Well this is a very difficult match up to call, both of these players can be pretty useful on clay and both have been in relatively good from recently this year. With that in mind I’m expecting a tight match, possibly three sets which should take this one over. Arviddson is a very solid player, plays at the baseline and is very patient in attacking. I’ve seen her say previously that her aim in matches is to sit tight and take her opportunity when it comes. This is reflected in the fact that she rarely runs away with matches or sets. I think even if Arvidsson was to win in two this would have a good chance of coming in. However Shevdova will be putting up a good fight, she’s been emphatic all through qualifying rarely skipping a beat and saw off Minella comfortably in the first round. She shouldn’t be underestimated because of her rank and will put up a strong challenge in this match. Over 20.5 games 1.75 at Pinnacle ( 2 / 10 units) Marcos Baghdatis vs Nic Almagro Agree with Fishy and co who have also taken this bet, that this line and indeed odds on the whole for Almagro seem a little low. Whilst he is technically the better player, he is prone to lapses in concentration and focus and with the heavyweight Baghdatis down the other end I expect that his relentless approach could unsettle Almagro at times. Indeed the way Chela was downed in round one was extremely impressive and I’m sure he’ll come out her looking for another scalp here. Therefore I would fancy both to at least take a set Over 32.5 games 1.72 at Pinnacle (2.5 / 10 units) :hope

Raonic vs Lavine UNDER 31.5- 1.90 @ Centrebet 5 units I honestly can't see Lavine even breaking Raonic even once. We all saw how Federer struggled against Raonic in Madrid. Raonic is a very underrated clay courter. I believe he will be looking to make it a quick affair here and something like 7-5 6-4 6-2 should cover this with ease.
:loon...... :cigar

Re: French Open 2012 Francesca Schiavone vs Tsvetana Pironkova over 18.5 games 8/11 skybet i think this could be tough for schiavone her opponent on her day can be a tough player with an impressive win in the previous round it wont be one sided

What's your thoughts on Heather Watson guys? Lot of commentators tipping her on preview shows....
Had Watson +4 in round one against Vesnina but Goerges is another level up again. Have to fancy the German to come through, even though she is prone to dropping sets stupidly. Would expect Goerges in straights tbh.

Francesca Schiavone vs Tsvetana Pironkova over 18.5 games 8/11 skybet i think this could be tough for schiavone her opponent on her day can be a tough player with an impressive win in the previous round it wont be one sided
my second bet of the tournament has come through it is two out of two

Re: French Open 2012 On that earlier issue that's already been dealt with, one of I'mLovingIt's tips was also plagiarised on another site as well a few weeks back - the Kiki Bertens one. So it wouldn't be the first time tips from PL have been copied. It doesn't really bother me but a bit rich when someone claims the punters on here are the plagiarisers!

Re: French Open 2012 Few indifferent days for me personally. Quite what Murray's deal is I don't know but I'm not overly convinced by the back spasm story. Not too unhappy with taking him on the handicap as but for that ridiculous stuff in the first set, he would have covered it easily. The overs in the Almagro-Baggy match feel a tad short as well which was disappointing. With the Bartoli outright settled as well, it leaves me on +8.25 for the tournament. Still some really good calls in the forum especially with the overs shouts today :clap

Few indifferent days for me personally. Quite what Murray's deal is I don't know but I'm not overly convinced by the back spasm story. Not too unhappy with taking him on the handicap as but for that ridicouls stuff in the first set, he would have covered it easily. The overs in the Almagro-Baggy match feel a tad short as well which was disappointing. With the Bartoli outright settled as well, it leaves me on +8.25 for the tournament. Still some really good calls in the forum especially with the overs shouts today :clap
You were incredibly unlucky on that bet. Murray ruined it with his sulk routine in the first set.

Re: French Open 2012 Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Agnieszka Radwanska. 4.55 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Absolutely ridiculous odds here on Radwanska. Clay is not her best surface and she can get beat today. She lost against Cetkovska recently and there is no reason to believe Kuznetsova can not get past her. The Russian is a former winner in Paris (2009) and has got an impressive 9-3 record winning 9-3 against Radwanska, including last 5 and the only match on clay which was during her title winning run in 2009. Kuznetsova beat Aga 6-4, 1-6, 6-1 in the 4th round 3 years ago. About match-ups. Kuznetsova has got slightly better serve, but not much of a difference here. Both can defende very well and for me Kuznetsova has got the edge in power. She can hit the ball harder and that should be the difference in this one. Mental aspect is in favour of the Russian who is also under new coach (Hernan Gumy) and is keen to impress. From what I've heard, she's got huge ambitions gain. I think Aga would have better chance to beat Kuzy on hard. On clay I definitely pick Sveta. She can be a mess closing out, but other than that I feel comfortable about this one. Ana Ivanovic -3 vs Sara Errani. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Ivanovic will win today, there's no doubt about and I think she can get a W with a decent margin as well. Errani has had very good results on clay (her best surface) this year, but she naturally struggles against big hitters. Ana can strike the ball very hard. Her forehand was very impressive against Peer in last round and she has dropped just 6 games in opening 2 matches. She has not played world beaters but still. Bottom line here: Ana will hit Errani off the court. Ivanovic is 2-0 against Errani, both wins in straight sets in 2009, including 7-6, 6-3 win in French Open R1. Nadezda Petrova to beat Samantha Stosur. 3.35 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Nadezda Petrova has perfect game to beat Sam. Both women can serve pretty well, but Petrova is better overall and could do some damage. Stosur has got horrible backand and although clay gives her more time to get around her forehand, I still don't think it will be enough. Petrova is 5-2 against Stosur and has beaten the Aussie in their last metting in Indian Wells. Their last two matches were tough 3-setters, 5 tie-breaks played during last 2 matches. Could be a close one, or Petrova will get easy win. Like I said, the Russian can serve and has got more to offer in terms in variety of her game. That should make the difference. Petrova has won 2 matches against decent players Scheppers and Benesova, both times 6-3, 6-3. Stosur has had couple brainless opponents in Baltacha and Falconi. Don't think she has prepared well for this match. Petrova to produce an upset! Juan Martin Del Potro vs Marin Cilic. Under 38 games. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Cilic has sucked big time against Del Potro on clay, losing all 7 sets, 5 of those have been this year. And neither has been close. Del Potro obviously has got a knee injury and might get beat today. On the other hand, if he's fit, I think he'll crush Cilic again, because he's very fragile mentally against Del Potro. For some reason it's not happening on clay for him. Either way I see unders here, might get away even in 4 sets. Fernando Verdasco -4.5 vs Andreas Seppi. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Verdasco will win, there's no doubt about and I think he'll cover this handicap comfortably. He normally gets it done in 2 sets, so no problem covering the line in best of five sets meeting. Seppi has played 5 sets against Kukushkin in his last match, tough match against Davydenko prior to that and generally he's not a Grand Slam material. Should go out here. Verdasco has got better serve and that forehand can do some damage. Seppi can very easily check out of matches and having already got couple wins, he'll be satisfied with his job and might just not show up. He's done it so many times before. Verdasco has won last 6 matches against the Italian and few of those have been ugly ones from Seppi's point of view.

Re: French Open 2012 Again a pretty hit and miss day for me today with 2 winners but 3 losers. Schiavone and Baghdatis tips at least came close but Arviddson didn’t show up at all! 3 more for tomorrow, lets hope for a better day. I’m also considering Verdasco on the handicap, you can get as low as -4, which given the H2H seems worth a shot, only concern is that Seppi is probably a better player now than he was when they last met 3 years ago. Anyway I’ve taken thus far; Kevin Anderson vs Thomas Berdych I was thinking about the overs in this match, something that’s always worth mulling over in an Anderson match but Berdych can at times be a clinical return of server and I do feel that once he adjusts himself to Andersons serve and the conditions then he may be able to come through this one relatively easily as he did in Madrid this year. However I do think this will take time and I would envisage and relatively tight first set, maybe one break or the possibility of a tie break. He has struggled to break him down in the past, in the Aussie Open this year Berdych needed 2 tie breaks before romping home with the 3rd set and even the match in Madrid had 10 games in its opening set. Certainly the conditions of the weather and the courts would have changed since Berdych was last on court and things might take a bit of getting use to. Over 9.5 games in the first set 2.10 at Bet365 (2 / 10 units) Agneiska Radwanska vs Svetlana Kuznetsova Crazy odds here on Kuznetsova, 4.96 seems pretty high given that Radwanska has never really proved herself as a top player on clay courts and the fact that Kuznetsova leads the H2H 9-3. Ok Radwanska can play some tidy stuff and is a strong baseliner but Kuznetsova on her day can match that, and from what I’m seeing and hearing Svetlana is looking to climb her way back up the rankings. Given some of the players that are in the top 20 she certainly deserves to be up there and perhaps beyond. She’ll need a good result here for that to happen as well because having made the last 16 here in 2011 she’s defening a few points. Kuznetsova +5.5 AH games 1.85 at Bwin (2.5 /10 units) Maria Martinez Sanchez vs Dominika Cibulkova Whilst I think in general terms that Sanchez is winding down her singles career, perhaps focusing more on the doubles now, she is still a very tricky player to face on clay and with the successes she’s had and the ability she does possess you wouldn’t back against her continuing this French Open adventure. Certainly an opponent like Cibulkova seems well suited to her game. She’s played her twice both on indoor hard courts and both times she’s absolutely crushed her 6-2 6-3 and 6-2 6-2. Given that hard courts are where Cibulkova has had the fair share of her successes its noteworthy that Sanchez should be able to beat her so easily. Now on clay, Sanchez’s primary surface the Spaniard must fancy her chances. Certainly beating Safarova in the second round was a huge result and she should be in confident form. The Sanchez win at 4.8 is very tempting but I’m playing it safe with the handicap Martinez Sanchez +5.5 games 1.85 at Bwin (2.5 /10 units) :hope Good luck to everyone having a bet today.

Re: French Open 2012 New month, new chances. From now i will be holding stats from every pick that i want to play here. After a very bad month i will be selecting better this month. Wawrinka - Simon Wawrinka playing well the last months. He can play very well on this surface and beaten Andujar and Cipolla in the first two round. Against Andujar the service will be very well, must be saved 3 break points in this match and only one break for Andujar. Wawrinka was winning 85% of the points on his first service. Simon, i don't like his game. He was struggling against Baker. But he was very lucky that Baker not had enough energy to win the match in the 5th set. I think Simon can fight some sets against Wawrinka, but i see him to lost this match in 4 or 5 sets. 3/10 Wawrinka ML @ 1.78 SBO Verdasco - Seppi Verdasco will be big favorite here. But i think their is no other way of he will win this match and i see him to win her in 3 or 4 sets. He had 2 very good wins against Muller and Darcis in the first two round. Seppi was be struggling the last round against Kukushkin, he win in 5 sets but it was not good. Service was good, only he produced a lot of errors during this match and i think he will doing that this match also. Verdasco will be damaged him in the rally's. 4/10 Verdasco -1.5 set @ 1.65 12Bet June stats: Picks: 0W/0L/0R Units staked: 7.00 Units returned: ROI:

Re: French Open 2012 Verdasco v Seppi 9/4 @ Bet365 Been some great tipping on here so far guys, but have to go against the grain with this match. I'll be honest that this is an 'anti-Verdasco' bet rather than a 'pro Seppi', I'm just not too sure what Verdasco has done to be such a short price. He has beaten a few hardcourt journeymen but if you take out retirements and the Madrid fiasco he has only one win against top 25 opposition this year. Verdasco's mental fragility has long been a running joke, and Seppi has shown his last two matches he can get in a dog fight and come out the other side. If Verdasco plays to his full potential then granted he should take this, but given the amount of times we have seen him blow up I think the value definitely lies with the italian. Will cover with over 37.5 @ 10/11 Paddypower as can't see this being done in straight sets by either player.

Re: French Open 2012 Morning guys, Been away from betting for a while as working in Dubai but dipping my toe back into the water with a flutter on the French today. Ana Ivanovic to win 2-0 v S. Errani @ evens - Bet365 As mentioned by Psycho I think Ivanovic will just have too much power for Errani today, especially in taking advantage of the Italian's weak second serve.

Re: French Open 2012 Just a note to Kuzzy backers - Kuzzy retired in Fes against Begu with thigh injury. She lost everything since then, axcept two rounds against easy opponents here at FO. Lucic was tragical, not really wanting to fight, and 6-4 7-6 against #151 Chan is not what I would call convincing victory. Don't say Kuzzy is not going to win, just wanted to some info. BOL with your plays anyway.

Re: French Open 2012 I can't see Kuz winning myself as she's a mess these days, you need some consistency to take Radwanska out. Kuz is mental. Kuznetsova's price does look a little big though if you like to back underdogs. I think Petrova has a better chance against Stosur.

Re: French Open 2012 Was out last night celebrating the end of exams and didn't trust myself to have a look at the odds when I got back given the misleading effects alcohol has on the body. Had a look now though and have quite a few in mind in the end. Will post the women's match up now as it starts pretty soonish, then will follow with the men's in another post. Anabel Medina Garrigues to beat Petra Martic- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Have something against Martic now after she beat Bartoli and ended my 200/1 shot :lol but I do think this is the end of her French Open campaign here. Against Bartoli, it wasn't so much that she played well, it was the fact that Bartoli didn't serve well enough to win. Think she had something like 14/15 double faults in the match which saw Martic being able to put pressure on her in practically every service game. During the rallies it was usually in Bartoli's hands as well, with her either hitting a winner or usually spraying it into the net. This time she's up against a very wily and experienced Spaniard who is extremely comfortable on the clay and is a bit of a nightmare to play as she won't allow you get into any sort of routine whatsoever. Garrigues' draw so far has been pretty kind to be honest, and it's seen her hammer both Laura Robson and Pavlovic and although Martic will be a step up, the Spaniard won't make as many errors as Bartoli did which will mean Martic herself will have to up her game. I do think she'll fall a bit short though, with Medina Garrigues being the better clay courter and at odds which make her a slight favourite, they are good enough for me to back her.