French Open 2012

Re: French Open 2012 Signed up just for one thing. To THANK! these great people and their great picks and analysis. fishy25, Atko, Dylan, IAmGooner, Psycho All you guys are great and I have been following your picks for some time now. Keep up the good work and wish you all the best!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2012 Far better results today personally, well after Murray got his usual crappy first set out of his system. Granollers was shattered as expected and didn't see the Nadal match tbh but the scoreline gives a good indication of what happened there. Really disappointed with Tipsarevic though, the Serb really didn't play well and was broken far too often after being 30-0 up. Regardless, the rest made up for that and gave me +7.55 today, which takes me onto +5.96 for the tournament with the Berdych outrights settled as well. Hopefully that profit will develop a bit more in the quarters, semis and finals.

Re: French Open 2012

Hi folks - I'm here to ask for an opinion as I don't usually bet on tennis. Had a pre-tournament combo bet on first 3 seeds to reach semis @ 2.05' date=' stake: 10. So far so good but I think that especially Federer looks fragile and with Del Potro being much younger than him, a sort of rising star I wonder if it's worth trading it out. Odds aren't great @3.4 with B365 so do experience tell you that I should wait as people will take Federer and odds on Potro will rise or maybe I should wait till the game and see if Fed can have a good start and then trade it or just let it run?[/quote'] I'd probably leave it tbh mate - don't see Federer losing against the Argentine tomorrow. Despite beating Berdych, he still isn't 100% and didn't actually have to do anything special to beat the Czech. Fed hasn't even dropped a set against Del Potro this year in 4 meetings and although he may drop 1 tomorrow, I'd be really surprised if he didn't come through. With regards to the other 2 involved in the bet, Djokovic should beat Tsonga pretty comfortably despite getting taken to 5 by Seppi as Tsonga really isn't playing that well. Ironically, I actually think Nadal will have the hardest test in Almagro and although I expect Rafa to pull through, Almagro is playing some decent stuff at the minute and I think will push him. All 3 should be fine though I imagine :ok

Re: French Open 2012 Interesting to hear some thoughts on the quarters tomorrow. Currently debating whether to take handicaps on both favourites in Djokovic and Federer. Not totally sure if Tsonga will be 100% tomorrow after that Wawrinka match. Could be a case of a mental hangover perhaps, although the crowd will give him all the support in the world. From what I've seen of him though, he hasn't been playing well enough to beat the top 4. With regards to the other match, just strikes me as a nightmare for Del Potro. Not taken a set of Federer this year so the mental thing comes into play. (led one of the tie-breaks in Dubai by a huge margin and still lost it) Add to that his knee problem which Federer will exploit with slices and drop shots and I struggle to see the Argentine having too much success. Would have actually fancied Berdych to beat Roger if he had beaten Del Potro but think quietly, Federer will be alot happier to see that it's Del Potro over the other side of the net tomorrow.

Re: French Open 2012 Well a shocking day today for me, 0 / 2. At least Tipsarevic was only the one game away from making his handicap, Lepchenko was a no show. Surprised Kvitova could see her off with such ease given the conditions. Will tread cautiously over the rest of the tournament, as i'm sitting on a loss now and I don't want to lose too much bankroll before the Euro's. Good work Fishy today by the way. Shame Tipsarevic couldn't make it a full house for you, but I can't remember seeing Almagro play much better than this. As for tomorrow I haven't looked at any odds yet but certainly on the Djokovic vs Tsonga match I agree that handicaps could be the order of the day. I'm not so worried about the Frenchmans fatigue but rather the fact that I have been underwhelmed by his play so far, and I cant see where he would be able to break Novak down unless the Serb messes up himself as he did in those first couple of sets vs Seppi. I cant see that happening though, so thinking about the match Tsonga wont be able to match him from the baseline, and if he decides to mix it up and go running around the court like a headless chicken then Djokovic will have no problem finding the spaces he left. Edit - Actually come to think of it the Fed handicaps also look pretty low at -3.5 games, or maybe the under 41.5 games line. He's won pretty comprehensively vs Del Potro 4 times this year already, and I do think the knee if more of an issue than it has seemed so far for Del Potro is this event. Roger will test it by using all the court and making him run and run. If a 100% fit Del Potro has struggled vs Fed so far this season, an unfit one could be in for a bit of a hammering.

Re: French Open 2012 Federer and Del Potro haven't met on clay since that absolute epic at the French 2009 when Delpo lead 2-1 in sets and was so close to making the final. All the other meetings since have been on hard courts. Federer's totally dominated those so deserves to be the favourite. I can't say I've been too impressed by him in this event - losing sets to Goffin, Ungur and Mahut is un-Roger like - and for that reason alone I wouldn't get involved in the handicap or the unders. Sure, if pushed I'd plump for Federer to win the match, but Del Potro is very dangerous on clay and I think Federer is a little bit vulnerable on this surface. We've talked about Delpo's fitness all tournament and many backed Berdych to beat him on the proviso that he wasn't fit, and that didn't materialise. He's in decent shape, plays well on clay, can hit through the ball and is moving well. Just not sure it's a match worth firing on, although I expect Federer to make the semis. Djokovic killed Tsonga on clay 7-5 6-1 in Rome this year so his handicap is appealing. -6 is not a huge one for him to cover, especially as Tsonga's no natural on this surface and isn't playing great stuff. However, Novak's not in brilliant form either - apart from Devilder (which was a gimme) I've been far from overwhelmed by his performances this week. Not sure it'd make much sense to go for either handicap or unders. To be honest, I always find the latter rounds of a Slam quite hard to bet on. Often better just to relax and enjoy the show. All four quarters are humdingers.

Re: French Open 2012 Over 37 games by Murray - Gasquet LOST June stats: Picks: 1W/2L/0R Units staked: 11.00 Units returned: 5.34 ROI: Cibulkova - Stosur Cibulkova playing well against Azarenka, but before she was always beaten by a player who stays in the top 10. Stosur loves to play on this surface and i think she can win this difficult match for a place in the semi finals. 4/10 Stosur @ 1.72 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Just wrote out 4 tips and then my computer shut down :( So here it is again, Federer v Del Porto Id expect Federer to win this even though hes not playing great and Id expect Del Porto to win a set as Federers dropped a set in his last 3/4 games, Federer has not played great, Del Porto has played pretty well and has played tougher opponents than Federer. I think Del Porto will nick a set or maybe two. Over 3.5 sets - 10BET @ 1.67 Djokovic v Tsonga Djokovic was lucky to get through the last round against Seppi and has not played great so far, Tsonga played pretty well against Wawrinka and should of finished the game off earlier, Tsonga will have the whole crowd behind and should have a chance against a out of form Djokovic, he should atleast win a set and with the crowd fully behind him I would expect him to be up for this! Over 3.5 sets - Paddy Power @ 2 Cibulkova v Stosur Stosur is having a great tournament so far and is yet to drop a set, Cibulkova is also yet to drop a set and has just knocked out the number one seed. This is a very tough one to call therefore the odds are pretty rewarding and could go to 3 sets. Stosur is a much more experienced player and Cibulkova is rapidly improving. I will go for over 19.5 games because I think it will be a tight game and even if there is only 2 sets there should be over 19.5 games because the sets will be pretty close I would think Over 19.5 Games - Pinnacle Sports @ 1.55

Re: French Open 2012 Back Roger Federer (-4.5) to beat Juan Martin Del Potro for a 4/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Can't see past Roger here in all honesty. Unlike Atko, I think that the knee was hindering him in the match against Berdych, but the Czech did not have a plan to exploit it. Roger will. For the full preview on this match click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-del-potro-betting--roger-federer-to-beat-juan-martin-del-potro-once-again Back Samantha Stosur to beat Dominika Cibulkova for a 4/10 stake at 1.72 with Pinnacle Cibulkova is overrated imo after that huge victory. Beating Grand Slam winners back-to-back is never easy and the height advantage might come into play with Stosur utilizing her kick serve well on clay. For the full preview on this match click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stosur-vs-cibulkova-betting--samantha-stosur-can-outplay-dominika-cibulkova-in-paris Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Total Games - Under 15.5 for a 4/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle Djokovic needs to produce something special in order to beat Rafa and he needs to get into some kind of form right now. Fancy him to do that, since this is a good match-up and Tsonga was rather average against Wawrinka. Fatigue might also come into play. For the full preview on this match click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-tsonga-betting--the-world-s-number-one-should-be-able-to-bounce-back-with-a-comfortable-victory

Re: French Open 2012 Kerber to beat Errani. 1.70 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Errani has got massive gifts in her previous two matches against Ivanovic and Kuznetsova both of whom made lots of unforced errors and basically handed the match on a plate to the Italian. Kerber looks in better mood. In terms of match-ups we have similar options here but Kerber is a lefty which should make things tough for Errani. Besides Kerber can strike the ball very hard. She destroyed Errani 6-1, 6-2 in their only meeting this year in Hobart and I expect another win for the German. Can't be that Errani will get even more gifts? Federer -6.5 vs Del Potro. 2.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Federer has beaten Del Potro 4 times already this year and only one match was close (couple tie-breaks). Now Del Potro is injured and few people have not been able to take an advantage of it. Berdych was the last one who absolutely shockingly was not interested on Sunday and even more so yesterday. This is best of five sets match and Federer surely won't let DelPo get away with play acting and faking stuff. I expect heavy crushing here. RF will be absolutely delighted to play Del Potro no Berdych who is more capable of beating Federer.

Re: French Open 2012 As I wouldn't want much higher than -4 on the Federer handicap, i'll give it a miss. I do think that given that Mahut, Ungur and Goffin have all sneaked sets vs Federer there is a good possibility that Del Potro will to, which could complicate the handicap. For some reason I like the look of the over 9.5 games in the first set between Stosur and Cibulkova, available at around evens in most places. I think both ladies will be certainly be showing caution in the opening games. Stosur likes to feel her way into games normally, and 3 of her matches this tournament have been 9 or more in the first set. She's normally pretty good at having a game plan and I imagine she'll be testing a number of things to see what works against Cibulkova and what doesn't in the opening exchanges. As for the Slovakian, surely she can't come out firing like she did vs Azarenka. She had nothing to lose in that match, but with the draw opening up as it has there is a opening there for her to reach the final and she'll be crazy to risk over exerting herself early on. The windy conditions may prevent her from doing this as well. But i think I will stick with a small double just to make things interesting; Federer to win x Djokovic to win - 1.61 at Pinnacle ( 4 /10 units) The reasons have been discussed already by myself and others in this thread. Tsonga just doesn't have the game on clay to beat Djokovic. The recent match in Rome was resounding evidence of that and by what I've seen from the Frenchman this tournament he isn't exactly playing his best stuff at the moment. As for Federer 4 back to back wins vs Del Potro already this year isn't happy reading for him and with doubts still persisting over that knee (it did seem a hinderence at times vs Berdych) he's facing a huge battle to stop Federers winning run. :hope Good luck all today

Re: French Open 2012 Cibulkova vs Stosur: Stosur has been looking solid so far. I feel Cibulkova has been slightly overestimated by the bookies. The Aussie can serve well and has the arsenal to trouble the Slovak. Cib's game is slightly one dimensional and she has to take the game to the oz here. With wet heavy and slow conditions, Stosur has the power, patience, variety and precision to draw errors from the little veteran. Stosur ML or Stosur -2.5 is a nice pick at 1.7 and 2.03 respectively. Pinny. Roger Federer vs Del Potro I know Roger owns Del Potro here but something is amiss. The Swiss Maestro has been dropping sets to players he should be beating fairly comfortably while Delpotro has been going from strength to strength. He was good in the last match against Berdych and bar the second set, the argentine showed real hunger. Either Fed is not completely fit and/or fatigued or he has been taking things too easy and casual in the first week (which doesnt make much sense since he would have done well without as much court time). He could have gone without the three extra sets. If Federer is fully fit, he will raise his game and blitz Delpotro. If both players have been playing as well as they have been so far, I will have to side with Delpotro. Either ways I think under 37.5 sounds a good shout. Even with 4 sets, I think there could be a couple of 6-2 sets. I think Federer has been saving himself for SW19 and Olympics, which are anyways his best bet. Errani - Kerber: I watched the games both these ladies played in the last round. I must say Errani is on a great streak. She is hungry and resilient. Dismantling Kutzy is not a joke, especially when the Russian has been on the up and up. Given the conditions, Errani will win this comfortably, probably in two sets. She will really be confident despatching two former RG winners in consecutive matches. Both Ana and Sveta were improving and doing well. Kerber was good but she wasn't convincing against Petra Martic. Petra read her serve well and matched the German girl pretty well. This is a rare opportunity for the Italian and she will fancy her chances here. So do I. She has got the game to beat the German here. For safety, we can side with the Italian on the handicap. Djokovic vs Tsonga: After the wake up call, I think the Serb will up his game. He has been lacklustre so far and highly erratic. I reckon Djokovic has not adjusted to the surface and the conditions. He has got the game to go all the way here. He will ride out this one with something to spare. Novak -6.5 is my shout Good luck folks.

Re: French Open 2012 Roger Federer vs Juan Martin Del Potro over 39.5 games 5/6 skybet well this should be an absolute classic with federer dropping sets in nearly every match they should a least four sets in it and maybe five depends on how well his opponent plays on the day

Re: French Open 2012 Had a proper look at the matches today this morning and have taken a few. Haven't been able to call any of the women's matches right thus far, so hopefully Kerber can change that given the confidence I have in her. I'll post those bets up first and then do the men's in another post given they don't start for a while. Angelique Kerber (-1.5 games) to beat Sara Errani- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Angelique Kerber (-4.5 games) to beat Sara Errani- 9/4 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Angelique Kerber (-6.5 games) to beat Sara Errani- 5/1 Ladbrokes- (1.5/10) Fair to say I think the German will win this one. :lol If she doesn't, well I'm going to come out looking like a fool given all of the 3 bets involving her winning pretty comfortably but the prices don't look right to me. The German has really come into many tennis fan's eyes over the back of last season and this season and it's hard to imagine her not breaking the 8 or even 5 by the time the year's out. She has played some stunning tennis already this year, already winning 2 titles, whilst beating the likes of Bartoli, Sharapova, Wozniacki and Li in that time as well which shows just how good she is. Her clay form has been excellent as well, and that's underlined by the quality of players she's lost to. On clay, the only players that have beaten her are Li, Stosur, Kvitova and Sharapova which paints it own picture really. In that time, she's actually beaten Kvitova, along with Vinci, Goerges and Venus as well and if she keeps out that form, I find it hard to see how Errani will beat her. Extremely good defender the Italian but last week she showed that she's not all about keeping balls into play as you don't beat Ivanovic and Kuzzy just by doing that. It has to be said though, both of the mentioned women made a ton of errors, and you feel that Kuznetsova probably was suffering from the hangover of beating Radwanska as we see so often when a player beats a top name, they struggled in the next round. What really leaps out at me is the fact that Ivanovic hammered the Italian in the first set 6-1, which sort of says to me that if Kerber can find her ground strokes, it will be hard to Errani to cope with it as she won't have hit many winners and will be vulnerable on serve. I mentioned that Kerber beat Vinci a few weeks back 6-2 6-3, well Vinci's game is not too dissimilar from that of Errani's which shows that it's a decent match-up for the German. She hammered Errani in their previous meeting 6-1 6-2 at the start of the year on a quicker surface, so I'm not entirely sure what Errani is going to do to trouble her opponent on a slower surface in all honesty. The point that she's beaten 2 grand slam winners before this also makes me think that her run won't last forever, and she's due a weaker performance. Kerber will know this is a really good chance of making the semis of a slam and perhaps a final now given Radwanska and Azarenka have gone so I fancy her to really be focussed on court today. I considered backing her for the outright at the 1.70 mark but if she wins, I fancy her to cover the minimal (1.5) line which is a slightly better price, and given the prices offered by Ladbrokes look way out of line given the fact Kerber has already hammered Errani once this season, just one really comfortably set for the German could really bring the other handicaps into play and hopefully bring rewards at such attractive prices. If not, Errani will just win and make me look like a bit of an idiot really, but let's hope that doesn't happen.

Re: French Open 2012 I can only agree with those that recommend Federer + Djokovic parlay today as it would really be quite a surprise if they do not meet in the semifinals again. 1.62 at Pinnacle for the duo.

Re: French Open 2012 Couple for the men, already been mentioned so won't go into any great detail. Besides Kerber is playing terribly and looks like she's gunna f*ck me over anyway so not in the best mood :lol Roger Federer (-4.5 games) to beat Juan Martin Del Potro- 4/5 StanJames- (4/10) Can only see a Federer win in truth in this one and I expect him to do it comfortably come the end of the match. Although the Argentine's knee doesn't look to have hampered him in his previous matches, none of the players he's faced have been able to test his movement properly like Federer will do today with his slices, variation and drop shots. He just knows how to play against the Argentine, which is shown through the fact that he hasn't dropped a set against him in the previous 5 matches, including 4 this year. Granted the great one hasn't been anywhere close to his best so far in the tournament, but the match-up is a terrible one for Del Potro here. Berdych really didn't play well against him and tbh, I think both of the guys here in Del Potro and Federer will have been glad by that result as Berdych in my eyes would have provided a much harder test for Federer. Del Potro potentially could win a set here, but as the match progresses, I'd fancy Federer to click into gear and take over so the handicap for me here. Novak Djokovic (-6.5 games) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Evens StanJames- (4/10) On grass I'd give the Frenchman a shot here but on clay, he hasn't really got the game to trouble the top 4 even in his home tournament. Not sure if he'll be tired or fatigued after the Wawrinka match or not, but even so, there's no way I see Djokovic playing as badly as he de did against Seppi as by his own standard, he was terrible. Was extremely vulnerable on serve and made so many uncharacteristic errors that he'll want to get sorted here. I watched the Tsonga match against Fognini last week and he really didn't impress me either as he threw in too many poor service games for my liking. Djokovic beat the Frenchman on clay just a few weeks ago, cruising home in the end and even if Tsonga pinches a set, I would expect the Serb to take one set relatively easily and really try and click into gear ahead of Federer in a couple of days to avenge the defeat from last year.

Re: French Open 2012 Very fortunate to avoid a disaster today with the bets. Thank God Fed and Djokovic came back from the dead otherwise the bookies would have had a field day. Think the pair winning helped quite a few of us in here today. Tbh though, I'm actually pleased I've come out with a loss from today, as I still have that tendency to make unnecessary bets like I did today. If I thought Kerber was going to win, why not just stick with the outright on her or just the small handicap? Surely that would have been enough? Very very stupid from me and I feel taking a loss from it is the best way to learn and to cut out those kind of things. Can take a bit of credit out of the fact both bets on my original shortlist came through albeit narrowly. -2.30 for me today then given the carelessness, which brings me back a touch to +5.25 for the tournament. Been a bit of discussion amongst a few of us in the livescore thread over the matches tomorrow. I probably won't take any bets until tomorrow morning when I know for definite the conditions and the weather. But as it stands, I'll be looking into the overs in both men's matches, particularly the all Spain clash depending on the lines.

Re: French Open 2012 Good day after all for my pre-tournament game what a mix bag of emotions. With Federer 2-0 down I was regretting not backing my bet wih Del Potro win for a small guaranteed profit, then when Federer was coming back to life but Tsonga was one game away from semis I was actually glad cause at that stage both stakes would have been lost. Anyway, both Fed and Djoko showed amazing class but I think that at his age especially the Swiss's achievement was impressive. Come on Nadal seal the deal to win my first non-Football League bet in the close season.

Re: French Open 2012 Almagro - Nadal Over 29.5 games 1.87@unibet (7/10) The clash between two spaniards here in QF. I don't like to bet on Almagro because he's such a dumb player most of the time but this year here in RG he showes perfect tennis that leaves me no questions to go for it... even if it's vs Rafa... Nicolas haven't droped a single set here in Paris, he were roothless vs tipsy playing some sensational tennis ... of course Rafa is rafa , and probably he will win tommorow, but i think that Nicolas could take even a set from him, + the bet can slip through if it gets two tight sets .. like 7-6 6-2 6-3 ... so over for me here! GL!

Federer to win x Djokovic to win - 1.61 at Pinnacle ( 4 /10 units) The reasons have been discussed already by myself and others in this thread. Tsonga just doesn't have the game on clay to beat Djokovic. The recent match in Rome was resounding evidence of that and by what I've seen from the Frenchman this tournament he isn't exactly playing his best stuff at the moment. As for Federer 4 back to back wins vs Del Potro already this year isn't happy reading for him and with doubts still persisting over that knee (it did seem a hinderence at times vs Berdych) he's facing a huge battle to stop Federers winning run.
Easy! +2.44 helping me recoup some of the loses from yesterday. Wish i'd taken the over 9.5 first set games in the Stosur match as well as that also would have come in :( As for tomorrow, definitely thinking of taking something in the Nadal vs Almagro match. He won't win but Almagro has been playing some cracking stuff so far in both the sunny conditions of those first few days and yesterday vs Tipsarevic when the weather was much trickier.Having come of a win in Nice, he's made it 8 wins on the bounce here and he's just clearly found his zone and its going to take something pretty good to get him out of it. Rafa is probably the person to do exactly that but wont be easy. All the H2H's bar one at this event in 2006 have been relativly tight, with Almagro taking sets or forcing tie breaks. Having a quick look at the odds the +8.5 handicap at 1.86 seems the best value option. I also fancy Sharapova to win with relative ease tomorrow, but can't see much to tempt me at the moment. May be a little harsh but Kanepi is essentially just a hard hitter normally from the baseline due to lack of movement, and Maria is able to cope with that.

Re: French Open 2012 Back R.Nadal/N.Almagro - Over 29.5 games for a 4/10 stake at 1.98 with Pinnacle Almagro has always been a tough match-up for Rafa and his excellent form suggests that we might get to see another tight contest. Would love to back the handicap line, but I can see Almagro dropping one set 6-0 6-1 and that would basically seal the deal. For the full preview on this match click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-almagro-betting--rafael-nadal-might-come-under-pressure-for-the-first-time-in-the-2012-french-open Back Andy Murray to beat David Ferrer for a 4/10 stake at 2.68 with Pinnacle One simply has to fancy Murray at this price, although I guess that it might come down to his back. I actually thought that he was impressive against Gasquet, as the Frenchman got hammered despite playing quite well. For the full preview on this match click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-ferrer-betting--the-value-probably-lies-with-andy-murray-today

Re: French Open 2012 Shvedova +4.5 to beat Kvitova @2.08 - WTA, Clay, Quarter final round, Grand Slam. Bookmaker: Pinnacle. I watched Shvedova the last match vs Na Li. Great stuff. You all know how strong Na Li's serve is right? Yet Shvedova beat Na Li convincingly the last 2 sets, she returned balls with style! I'm not underestimate Kvitova, but I've noticed if her opponent keeps on fighting, she becomes nervous and shows weaknesses. Another reason I bet on Shvedova is because she's so damn cute even with those glasses on. Update: won. Kvitova won 36 63 64. Ironically the one became nervous and weakened was Shvedova. Still she's my new favourite. Incredible smile.

Hi guys. Some great insight and some great knowledge shared on here. Well done to all Novak and Roger backers today. I wonder if any of you experts can help me. I have £7 on erranibto win thd outright at 150 on Betfair. Any ideas what is best to do now re: trading out if spreading profit around a bit? I still actually fancy her chances against stosur but don't want tontotally lose out if stosur wins. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: French Open 2012 Honestly I bet against Errani and lost the last 3 matches!! She absolutely loves playing in these clay courts. I blame the tipsters in this forum :). If I were u I would green out. I green out every opportunity I had on betfair now. Or you can lay her for $7 to make a free bet if you think she can beat Stosur. Stosur has an edge though because she has a much better serve, her kick serve can be trouble for a short person like Errani. Fitness wise they're pretty much the same.

Re: French Open 2012 I can only support people that are recommending a bet on OVER in Nadal vs. Almagro match. The line is too low and should be covered without many problems, handicap on Almagro is also a good option here. Expecting Almagro to be a real test for Nadal.

As for tomorrow, definitely thinking of taking something in the Nadal vs Almagro match. He won't win but Almagro has been playing some cracking stuff so far in both the sunny conditions of those first few days and yesterday vs Tipsarevic when the weather was much trickier.Having come of a win in Nice, he's made it 8 wins on the bounce here and he's just clearly found his zone and its going to take something pretty good to get him out of it. Rafa is probably the person to do exactly that but wont be easy. All the H2H's bar one at this event in 2006 have been relativly tight, with Almagro taking sets or forcing tie breaks. Having a quick look at the odds the +8.5 handicap at 1.86 seems the best value option.
With the price increasing over night I will take the following for the above reasons Almagro vs Nadal - over 28.5 games 1.77 at Pinnacle (2 / 10 units) Good luck all today :hope