Poland v Greece > June 8

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8

Poland - Greece I reccommend: Greece +0,5 Poland team goals 4,5 Do not be distracted by the media buzz over Lewandowski, piszczek and Błaszczykowski (all BVB). We are an average team who plays on EURO 2012 because of hosting it. Surely those players who will start with Greece are individually probably the best XI we have had in years, but as a team they are just unproven. What worries me much about Poland's performances is that we don't have valuable bench players and everyone who comes off the bench is merely to replace the number of players on the pitch to 11. Nothing more. Secondly - we are very poor at set pieces. We cannot defend it very well and cannot score from free-kick or corners either. Thirdly - if this team concedes a goal first, I strongly believe they will not bounce back. There is nothing to say about recent performances because with Latvia (1-0) we played a B-team, we won 1-0 against lazy and uninspired Slovakia and defeated 4-0 amateurs from Andorra but the game looked good only in the first half when all starters were on the field. And after all what can you say about defender's form after a game with Andorra ? Will they be fired up to play for 50.000 fans in a new stadium build for 600 millions Euro (!)- yes. Does it make them heavy favourites against solid Greece who have qualified for EURO three times in a row ? No. Greece +0,5 is just a huge value. I don't think we will be able to score more than once against a strong and physical defense that normally concedes 4,5 bookings gives value having in mind that it will be refereed by a Spaniard who has a splendid record of showing yellows and reds in La Liga. I hope for a great tournament in my country with many good games and suprising results :hope
Hi, I agree with the >4.5 Bookings especially with the fact that the Warsaw Weather 4pm - 7pm today - Showers - The showers making the pitch greasy attracting those clumsy tackles.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 I thought this will go unders as well, but surprised to see unders at such low odds of around 1.50. Perhaps the value is on the Polish side, though the draw is also significant. However, the odds on a draw is as low as you'd see in any match. My instinct says Poland, and so is everyone else it seems on here. Definitely not a place to lump large bets on. Probably some small bets for the early stages of the tournament then when things heat up, thats where the serious value hunters can pink a larger margin in my opinion

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 The opening match brings face to face a host of the EC Poland and surprise from EC in 2004, from Portugal, Greece. . The match will start at 19:00 and will be held in Warsaw. As the first match of the competition neither team wants to lose. Probably will be a confuse match , each team looking to not receive goals or to lose. Poland seems to have a slight advantage, besides that is the home team and will receive public support, they have the team and some interesting players, their star being Lewandowski playing the German champion. From friendly matches played during this season, is obvious that both teams had trouble scoring : 4 of last 5 games of Poland ended up with a goal while the Greeks they succeeded on January 1 -0 against modest Armenia. Nothing in this game do not think we see too many achievements and I think the first team to score will win . I see an equal first half with both teams have been studied long and we will probably see a 0-0 at halftime. Source: BBC

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 Russia v Czech Rep 0-0 6/1 1-1 11/2 Poland v Greece 0-0 11/2 1-1 6/1 Ist games are normally tight affairs would not argue against 1-0 for all teams, but think the wise way to go is 4 x doubles on the low scoreing draws pays between 41/1 to 48/1 betvictor are best priced for all:clap

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 Poland look too short to me, hovering just above evens. Greece are dogged customers and all the pressure is on Poland here, can see a letdown for the supporters and a Greek effort to get a result. Will wait for teams etc later for bets.

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 I think there's a lot of money going on related bets to this match because Poland are the host nation and are expected to do something, rather than look at their basic form and it's average. Greece are very defensive, only conceded 5 goals in qualifying and only once in 22 matches have they conceded more than 1 goal. I think the Greece clean sheet is a good bet and when I saw the price I nearly fell over. Greece clean sheet 3.30 @ Paddy Power

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 Lots of people give advantage to home side, but history says not many home opening games are home side winners. I expect thought game, maybe 0:0 on HT, and maybe even on FT. If goals, I expect 1:0, or 0:1, basically what I think first goal is deciding one. We shall see how teams cope, and how they breath. I personally skip this match for betting, but I do as said expect HT X, odds around 2.00, are good enough for me.

I think there's a lot of money going on related bets to this match because Poland are the host nation and are expected to do something, rather than look at their basic form and it's average. Greece are very defensive, only conceded 5 goals in qualifying and only once in 22 matches have they conceded more than 1 goal. I think the Greece clean sheet is a good bet and when I saw the price I nearly fell over. Greece clean sheet 3.30 @ Paddy Power
3.5 with Totesport and Betfred - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/poland-v-greece/clean-sheet

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 Poland @ 2.13 pinnacle The Poles will be looking for a very good start to this tournament and have a good attack to try and penetrate a well martialled Greek defence. The Greeks do not have much when going forward which should see Poland dominate the game. Doubt that the Greeks can hold them out as the Poles will have the home crowd support urging them on, and may get the benefit of some refereeing decisions as it could be seen as a failure for both hosts not to win their opening games.

Re: Poland v Greece > June 8 There's a joke among us football fans about Poland only winning 1-0, and it actually is true from the past games. Greece have a strong defense, and they only conceded very, very few. Home soil is overrated; look at how Swiss and Austria crumbled in the first round last time. It's a no-brainer to back Greece at AH+0.5 1.81 @5d

geez...greece is 50/1 here..
With a card happy referee who can rule it out...not for me though not even with your wallet. Greece have had a few set-pieces and haven't come close to even a half-chance. Surprise us please Mustafa I never look at refs stats.

Poland vs Greece So tomorrow is the start of Euro 2012 and one of the host nation's Poland will kick things off against Greece. Although Greece earned the right to be in the tournament through qualification and Poland haven't played in a competitive game for quite a long time, I can't see past the home nation in this match at a price which I feel represents some decent value. This won't be a rout by any means but I feel Bundesliga winner Robert Lewandowski will be the key to Poland's success in this match and after a terrific season at Dortmund, I see no reason why he can't keep up his form on this big stage. I don't know a lot about either side so I will be keeping my stakes to a minimum but I'll be having a dabble on three markets in this game. 2pts Poland to win @ 21/20 (WillHill) 2pts Robert Lewandowski to score anytime @ 7/4 (Bet365) 1pt Robert Lewandowski FGS @ 9/2 (Bet365)
Lewandowski does the business :nana

Wanted to wait until the tournament, but price on Poland is really good and it has already dropped. I expect that closer to kick-off it will be around 1.80-1.90 if not less. Poland are playing at home and their group is in my opinion the weakest one, since there are no real favorites in it that can win the tournament. Poland have some good players who play in top European leagues, namely Lewandowski (B.Dortmund) who has been great for Germans this season. Poland @ 2.05 ​William Hill
Hope not all teams will play poor football like these two. Only 7 shots on target :(

Greece or Draw @1.88 with bwin.
1-1 - bet won :) Although I was shocked to see us playing quite well for the first 20 minutes, but after that the whole enthusiasm was gone. Polish players got to believe that the match was won and it paid. Anyway, winning bet is always a good start to the tournament. ;)

Fist game of the tourny and I expect a close game with very few goals. In fact I expect quite a few of the first round games to be low scoring. The odds of 1.44 might be quite low but I fully expect this to be under 2,5 goals. 10 points on under 2.5 goals with betfred. Good luck all lets get the games off with a winning start.
Well I am off to a winning start but not really sure how to be honest but ill take it. Euro 2010 bets 1 Wins 1 Staked 10 points returned 14.40 points profit 4.40 points.

I agree with many of the sentiments on here that this could be a low scoring games however the unders being priced so low at 1.45ish really doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t actually think that Greece are as defensive as some people might make out (in the qualies they played a 4-3-3 to good affect) and we’ll see a bit more endeavour over the course of the group than we saw under Rehhagel in 2004. However defence is still the cornerstone of what they do, and given this is the opening match and they are up against a team that do probably play better on the counter they will not be looking to over exert themselves early on. Even with the Dortmund guys in the team, Poland will still struggle I feel. If they are overly reliant on those three then they will be found out at international level and I do not see anyone else in the team able to step up to the level required to win games here. Greece will be more than confident of containing them if that’s the case. That’s the way Greece usually play whether it be against Malta, Latvia or Croatia, contain first and then look for a goal. We are likely to see their best flair players in Ninis (not had much game time this year), Fetfatzidis and Mitroglou starting from the bench, and Santos may look to them in the second half to make the breakthrough. A quick look through the qualifiers and most of their goals were second half goals most later than 60 minutes. Greece +0.5AH 1.85 at Bet365 (3 / 10 units) Time of first goal – over 27 minutes 2.05 at Stan James ( 2 / 10 units) :hope
Poland vs Greece So tomorrow is the start of Euro 2012 and one of the host nation's Poland will kick things off against Greece. Although Greece earned the right to be in the tournament through qualification and Poland haven't played in a competitive game for quite a long time, I can't see past the home nation in this match at a price which I feel represents some decent value. This won't be a rout by any means but I feel Bundesliga winner Robert Lewandowski will be the key to Poland's success in this match and after a terrific season at Dortmund, I see no reason why he can't keep up his form on this big stage. I don't know a lot about either side so I will be keeping my stakes to a minimum but I'll be having a dabble on three markets in this game. 2pts Poland to win @ 21/20 (WillHill) 2pts Robert Lewandowski to score anytime @ 7/4 (Bet365) 1pt Robert Lewandowski FGS @ 9/2 (Bet365)

Poland x Greece today we will see that start of the tournament , i think Poland will not win because they have not good players if we compared them to Greece ( the winner of Euro 2004 ) .

My Bet will be ( Double Chance >> Greece Or Draw ) with odds 1.82 in bet365 Good Luck For All Players !

Fist game of the tourny and I expect a close game with very few goals. In fact I expect quite a few of the first round games to be low scoring. The odds of 1.44 might be quite low but I fully expect this to be under 2,5 goals. 10 points on under 2.5 goals with betfred. Good luck all lets get the games off with a winning start.
There's a joke among us football fans about Poland only winning 1-0, and it actually is true from the past games. Greece have a strong defense, and they only conceded very, very few. Home soil is overrated; look at how Swiss and Austria crumbled in the first round last time. It's a no-brainer to back Greece at AH+0.5 1.81 @5d
Nice bets folks!!! :clap