Weekend > League 1 > 3 March

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 3 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] AFC Bournemouth v Charlton Athletic (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bury v Huddersfield Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chesterfield v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Colchester United v Preston North End (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Exeter City v Stevenage (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hartlepool United v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leyton Orient v Walsall (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Notts County v Carlisle United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Rochdale v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Scunthorpe United v Wycombe Wanderers (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sheffield United v Oldham Athletic (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yeovil Town v Brentford (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Sheff Utd - Oldham I can not imagine for one moment this will be anything other than a home win. Although Sheff Utd have now gone 19 games without a draw, I can't see that record being broken in this match. Oldhams away record is poor, their last win on the road in all competitons was 12 games ago in the Pifco Hairdryer or is it called the Lego Fire Station now ? Let me check, I'll be back in a minute. I found the current sponsors name, they managed to brush aside Scunthorpe 0-1 in the Johnstons Paint Trophy, I believe the game was played in the white spirit. Following that match, away : they lost the next one, then drew 6 consecutively, then lost 4 consecutively ! You have to admire their consistency. The most surprising thing about this fixture to me is the fact the last time it was played was December 1996 ! I'm amazed these two have been in different divsions for so long. There's not much point in quoting any more stats for this one when the outcome looks so predictable. We discussed Sheff Utd's form on Wednesday night so click on that thread if you're not yet convinced ! Home Win

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Scunthorpe - Wycombe FFS ! I thought Oldham's away record was poor until I checked Wycombe's which is mindblowing : 5 points won from a possible 45 available in their last 15 away fixtures, 5 points ! Astonishingly, 4 of those 5 points came from the two longest possible trips in their calendar, Carlisle and Hartlepool ! The other point was aquired at Notts County. I just found this incredible site dedicated to measuring distances between football grounds so it makes sense to use it : http://www.sportmapworld.com/map/soccer/england/football-league-one/ From the stats in that 15 games run, the points accumulated at Carlisle and Hartlepool, represented an average of one point per 276.2 miles travelled, based on a total of 1104.8 miles for the two round trips combined. Converted into goals on those journeys, goals scored 220.96 miles per goal, goals conceded 368.27 miles per goal. Given that the round trip distance from Wycombe to Scunthorpe is 393.8 miles, that's 196.9 each way, if Wycombe were to equal their two match form in the trips of 573.8 miles to Carlisle, and 531.0 miles to Hartlepool, we should see a tight game here with a final score of : Scunthorpe 1.06 - Wycombe 1.78 On that statistical theory, Wycombe finally get the away win that hours spent sitting in buses deserves. With that scoreline I dread to think how the odds will be quoted in the Asian Handicap markets. Scunthorpe have an appalling home record only winning 2 of their last 14, actually thats ridiculous so I'm gonna check that again. It's correct, the only teams beaten have been Rochdale and Tranmere, so hardly world beaters. Scunthorpe lost at Sheff Utd wednesday night and played 60 mins with 10 men, Wycombe hammered Hartlepool 5-0 at home on Tuesday. Earlier in the season : Wyc 1 - Scun 1 Draw or Wycombe 1.80 Wycombe, Draw No Bet2.62 Odds take from Bet365, Betfair kept crashing at the time I was doing this, will check the Asian markets later today

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March To back up what Nervous Anorak has said about Wycombe I willadd that recently they have signed several loan players fromCharlton and Arsenal and it was reflected in the scorelineagainst Hartlepool (5-0). I assume that newly foundconfidence will help them NOT TO LOSE against strugglingScunthorpe (who have a high percentage of draws) and +0.25on Wycombe @ 2.25 with bet365 looks good. Anyway, I wasgonna talk about something else:Charlton DNB to beat Bournemouth @1.91 with SkyBetI have no idea if this price still lasts because I took it afew days ago but I think that these odds are wrong. Charltonare in outstanding form, they lost only two games thisseason (both away) against strong Stevenage and Leyton whereAddicks had the goalkeeper sent off in the first ten minutesof the match. I must admit that they have been playingsomewhat arrogantly recently - trailing against Bury,Rochdale and Tranmere but they showed that they can get aresult by drawing all these games. And on Tuesday they showed what they're capable of whenthey're fully concentrated - they smashed Chesterfield 4-0away from home. I fancy them to keep going on Saturday andat this stage of the season with their 12 point advantageover second placed Sheffield United every victory is amassive step towards the promised land of the Championship.Bournemouth have a very bad home record. For a moment itseemed to pick up in 2012 when they won 4 consecutive homegames (Wycombe, Notts County, Tranmere and Exeter) but thenthey lost to Leyton and MK Franchise. Bournemouth alsoappear to have a few injuries going on so I am more thanhappy to take this price on Charlton DNB.

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March This is the sort of thing that really pisses me off, Betfair's alleged "site upgrades" designed by a muppet with probably no interest whatsoever in placing a bet if this example is anything to go by. We all know how complicated the Asian markets are, until last week you could click on a selection at let's say -1.5 and it clearly stated the rules immediately in the betting slip, i.e. if the team won by 2 goals or more.../if the team did not win by... etc. Now absolutely no mention of them yet this is surely the hardest market to get to grips with. Mal, save me the hassle of looking for them, what are the rules for + 0.25 please ?

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March

This is the sort of thing that really pisses me off, Betfair's alleged "site upgrades" designed by a muppet with probably no interest whatsoever in placing a bet if this example is anything to go by. We all know how complicated the Asian markets are, until last week you could click on a selection at let's say -1.5 and it clearly stated the rules immediately in the betting slip, i.e. if the team won by 2 goals or more.../if the team did not win by... etc. Now absolutely no mention of them yet this is surely the hardest market to get to grips with. Mal, save me the hassle of looking for them, what are the rules for + 0.25 please ?
If you're having trouble with AH in general then I found this wikipedia link really useful, explaining AH system in words is a nightmare but they have included a table so you can see what all the lines mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_handicap

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Thanks for that Mal, and DP for the table, I'll print that off. As it's a question that might come up, I'll answer it now. Based on the "mileage per goal conceded" for Wycombe in my original posting in what were their best two recent away results, (I felt the Notts County 1-1 game wasn't quite as big a challenge due to a considerably shorter journey being involved, thereby reducing the risk of muscle fatigue considerably), if Scunthorpe were to score a second goal in Saturdays match, Wycombe would need to be a maximum of 25.53 miles from home at the time it occurred. This would require an unlikely minimum of 3 hours added time to enable Wycombe to cover the requisite 171.37 miles. Sport can be a very scientific subject, it pays to take it seriously ;)

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Some may say I have too much time on my hands, but in the pursuit of excellence leaving nothing to chance, I've unearthed more hidden statistics for Wycombe that may be of interest : This season in all competitions they have recorded only 10 wins, the opponents : Hartlepool x 2 Tranmere Rochdale Exeter Chesterfield Sheffield United Bristol Rovers Leyton Orient Colchester What does this tell us ? They have failed to record a win over any team with less than three vowels in thier name, yet seem to be able to turn it on against those with that or a higher number. With Scunthorpe United having a total of 6 vowels in their name, confidence should be high in the Wycombe camp. Sport can be a very scientific subject, it pays to take it seriously ;)

This is the sort of thing that really pisses me off, Betfair's alleged "site upgrades" designed by a muppet with probably no interest whatsoever in placing a bet if this example is anything to go by. We all know how complicated the Asian markets are, until last week you could click on a selection at let's say -1.5 and it clearly stated the rules immediately in the betting slip, i.e. if the team won by 2 goals or more.../if the team did not win by... etc. Now absolutely no mention of them yet this is surely the hardest market to get to grips with. Mal, save me the hassle of looking for them, what are the rules for + 0.25 please ?
By the way, Betfair are rarely good value for AH prices except perhaps in some big games. I nearly always find bookmakers better value for AH odds (I use oddschecker to find the best price).

Sheff Utd - Oldham I can not imagine for one moment this will be anything other than a home win. Although Sheff Utd have now gone 19 games without a draw, I can't see that record being broken in this match. Oldhams away record is poor, their last win on the road in all competitons was 12 games ago in the Pifco Hairdryer or is it called the Lego Fire Station now ? Let me check, I'll be back in a minute. I found the current sponsors name, they managed to brush aside Scunthorpe 0-1 in the Johnstons Paint Trophy, I believe the game was played in the white spirit. Following that match, away : they lost the next one, then drew 6 consecutively, then lost 4 consecutively ! You have to admire their consistency. The most surprising thing about this fixture to me is the fact the last time it was played was December 1996 ! I'm amazed these two have been in different divsions for so long. There's not much point in quoting any more stats for this one when the outcome looks so predictable. We discussed Sheff Utd's form on Wednesday night so click on that thread if you're not yet convinced ! Home Win
Home win is the most likely, but of course three outcomes are possible, and odds of 1.5 are pretty short, implying a 66.6% chance of a Sheffield United win. For backing Sheffield Utd to win at 1.5 to be good value, you would have to be confident that there real chance of winning is higher than 66.6%. I find it's useful to try to work out what the chance of each outcome is - for example, if I thought Sheff Utd had an 80% chance of winning, then odds of 1.5 would be good value.

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March I always look at Oddschecker as well but they almost always show Betfair odds that are different to the true odds at that given moment, sometimes the margin is ridiculous. Take a look these, by pure coincidence the first example is the widest error I've come across ! Tonights game : Blackpool - Hull, bit of a hard one to call as Hull very defensive with three 0-0's in last four matches (!) but B/pool usually bang a few in : Firstly the Oddschecker price shown for Betfair, then the actual price on the Betfair site exact same time : Home 2.17 / 2.36 :rollin Away 3.37 / 3.45 Under 2.5 1.84 / 1.80 Over 2.5 2.18 / 2.24

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March CHARLTON DNB @ 10/11...Willy Hilly...stakes 1.5/10....The price is falling already but I think there is value in the 10/11 on the league leaders to get at least a point from their trip to the south coast tomorrow.They are unbeaten in their last 10 only conceding 4 goals in the process and have only lost twice away all season,a 1-0 away loss at Leyton Orient when their keeper Hamer was sent off after 6 minutes and away at Stevenage by the same scoreline when they had 11 shots on goal to the home sides 4. Wright Phillips hadnt scored for a while but he returned to scoring in style during the week when he grabbed a hattrick away at Chesterfield.Bournemouth have a few on the missing list,the most notable of them is Pugh(7 goals) who's pretty important to their midfield.They've won 6 out of 16 at home and I don't see them having enough to make it 7 against the league leaders tomorrow............

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Exeter v Stevenage After three blanks Stevenage returned to scoring form with a 2-2 draw against Huddersfield in midweek. Recovering from a 2-0 down will have done their confidence a world of good and they’ll visit Exeter in good spirits. Exeter’s only blank in five was at Huddersfield and they beat Bury 3-2 in their last home outing. Both teams to score @1.91 (5 units) William Hill

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Exeter v Stevenage After three blanks Stevenage returned to scoring form with a 2-2 draw against Huddersfield in midweek. Recovering from a 2-0 down will have done their confidence a world of good and they’ll visit Exeter in good spirits. Exeter’s only blank in five was at Huddersfield and they beat Bury 3-2 in their last home outing. Both teams to score @1.91 (5 units) William Hill

Some may say I have too much time on my hands, but in the pursuit of excellence leaving nothing to chance, I've unearthed more hidden statistics for Wycombe that may be of interest : This season in all competitions they have recorded only 10 wins, the opponents : Hartlepool x 2 Tranmere Rochdale Exeter Chesterfield Sheffield United Bristol Rovers Leyton Orient Colchester What does this tell us ? They have failed to record a win over any team with less than three vowels in thier name, yet seem to be able to turn it on against those with that or a higher number. With Scunthorpe United having a total of 6 vowels in their name, confidence should be high in the Wycombe camp. Sport can be a very scientific subject, it pays to take it seriously ;)
My mate who supports wycombe is gonna love this bit of trivia haha, cheers for posting

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March A few replies here all at once. Bones you're welcome mate, hope you enjoyed the earlier postings at the top as well giving the anticipated goals-per-mile-travelled based on recent best away results. I'm currently analising the height of the floodlights, their angle of projection, and the bulb manufacturers, of several of Wycombe's recent away opponents. This could be yet another hidden performance factor that many punters have failed to recognise. To Kiddo, Betfair commission is 5% so that wouldn't account for the sort of discrepancy in the Blackpool home win odds. I've often checked Betfair odds on Oddschecker throughout the day on some fixtures and very often there's no movement shown yet when you go to Betfair there's been wide ranging fluctuations. Does anyone know exactly how Oddschecker is updated ? To Badders, Exeter v Stevenage. Judging by both teams last 6 homes/aways as appropriate, neither have any overall consistency. I think both teams to score in this one is a bit risky, I fancy Stevenage will be confident after coming back against Huddersfield and don't anticipate Exeter getting as easy a ride as they did against Bury whose recent away record is poor. I fancy Stevenage to nick this 0-1

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Hartlepool vs MK Dons Both teams to score 1.72 Over 2.5 goals 1.83 Pools have been a different team since Neale Cooper took over just after Christmas and have only failed to score in a home game once since he returned (against a very strong Bournemouth defence) where he is worshipped by everyone. This followed about 9 home games on the trot where they didn't win once at the Vic. Top goalscorer James Poole could be returning, young sensation Luke James should have shrugged off a back injury and highly rated youngster Samuel Adjei has just signed on loan from Newcastle. After getting thumped by Wycombe last week Pools bounced back with a 2-1 away win at Bury in the week without any of the three players mentioned above. On the flip side defensively they are not very solid at the back with strong question marks over three of the four regular defenders and MK Dons have won the last three fixtures at the Vic (5-0, 1-0 and 3-1). They're in very good form and Robinson is talking very confidently about coming up here and taking something from the game. Only Hudderfield have scored more away goals (mainly because of a 6-0 win at Wycombe, 4-0 at Exeter and 4-4 with Sheff Wed) and the game between the two sides on the opening day finished 2-2.

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Wycombe Stats Alert More alarming stats emerging by the hour from Anorak HQ in the countdown (pun excused please) to Saturdays Away fixture at Scunthorpe. Earlier I told you Wycombe have failed to record a win over any team with less than three vowels in thier name, yet seem to be able to turn it on against those with that or a higher number. Further consistency in the letters department just discovered : The total number of goals scored in each match in Wycombe's last three wins, represents the exact number of different vowels in the name of the opposition team : Wycombe 5 - Hartlepool United 0 Wycombe 2 - Tranmere Rovers 1 Wycombe 3 - Rochdale 0 By this strategy, if an Away win is achieved at Scunthorpe United today, we could be looking at a 1-3 or 0-4 scoreline. Sport can be a very scientific subject, it pays to take it seriously ;)

Wycombe Stats Alert More alarming stats emerging by the hour from Anorak HQ in the countdown (pun excused please) to Saturdays Away fixture at Scunthorpe. Earlier I told you Wycombe have failed to record a win over any team with less than three vowels in thier name, yet seem to be able to turn it on against those with that or a higher number. Further consistency in the letters department just discovered : The total number of goals scored in each match in Wycombe's last three wins, represents the exact number of different vowels in the name of the opposition team : Wycombe 5 - Hartlepool United 0 Wycombe 2 - Tranmere Rovers 1 Wycombe 3 - Rochdale 0 By this strategy, if an Away win is achieved at Scunthorpe United today, we could be looking at a 1-3 or 0-4 scoreline. Sport can be a very scientific subject, it pays to take it seriously ;)
Their last 5 victories have come against teams beginning with HTREC, which is an annogram of Chert; Flint is a variety of Chert. Scunthorpe is famous for its Iron and Steel industry. When Flint is struck against Steel it produces a spark. Ergo, there will be sparks in this game so cards will be likely

It seems this thread has become a combination of medievil superstition and divinci code buffoonery. Which punter is going to commence the dunking of Alan Knill? If he drowns... the match will be called off as a mark of respect.
:lol

I do not like this stuff guys! Few months ago the quality of these threads was great' date=' no the old puncters are not writtne anymore - most of them - and have appeared some weird guys ...[/quote'] Ok but what have you offered this thread? I cant see anywhere on this thread where you have given us a selection. Why not try educating people or give your opinions rather than criticising to much.

Their last 5 victories have come against teams beginning with HTREC' date=' which is an annogram of Chert; Flint is a variety of Chert. Scunthorpe is famous for its Iron and Steel industry. When Flint is struck against Steel it produces a spark. Ergo, there will be sparks in this game so cards will be likely[/quote'] Let me just rephrase the opening words because I couldn't figure it out at first until I realised it needed slightly more clarification : Their last 5 victories have come against teams beginning with the following letters : H, T, R, E, and C, ..... A very interesting post, which promted me to find out if Chertsey a town around 25 miles from me, was named with Chert in mind. I couldn't see any reference to that in the wikipedia page but I guess it's reasonable to assume such. I didn't realise it's one of the oldest towns in England dating from around 666 A.D. The Tesco branch in the high street certainly doesn't give that impression. Hornstone Horn"stone`, n. (Min.) A siliceous stone, a variety of quartz, closely resembling flint, but more brittle; -- called also {chert}. [1913 Webster] Chert Chert (ch[~e]rt), n. [ir. ceart stone, perh. akin to E.crag.] (Min.) An impure, massive, flintlike quartz or hornstone, of a dull color. [1913 Webster]

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 3 March Bury vs Huddersfield A team that was playing nice, but not consistent lately changed the manager and brought Simon Grayson. I am writing about the Terriers, of course and I insist to believe that Grayson will come in this game with his team capable of winning and maintaining an advantage. Close to win against Stevenage where they have been leveled after leading 2-0, 9 draws on away games, with just 5 victories, might be the elements that someone would tell me not to take this bet! But I come to say that Rhodes is back on the first XI and will chase the 31st goal in this season and also, I will defend the bet saying that Huddersfield are just 6 points from second spot that gives automatic promotion! I come to say also that Bury is still without Sodje in defensive and is win less in last 7 games, which is clearly a bad form! Expect the Terriers to get all the points! away win @ 2.05 with Ladbrokers Chesterfield vs Tranmere Rovers Chesterfield was hammered by Chalrton but do not think this is a tragedy for the club as the gap is big between the two clubs. Chesterfield won against tranmere previously 4-3 in the Paint Trophy and can win again on their ground. Tranmere is in a bad form with just 1 win in last 19 games and despite having back Showunmi and Robinson, will not be the favorite here. Chesterfield will treat this game asa capital one and will win it! home 0 AH @ 1.88 with Ladbrokers Colchester vs Preston NE Ian Hume and Melor are both back in the attack of Preston and it is time to see the gap reducing between Preston and the Play Off line. Manager Westley surely has high hopes for this game against a Colchester side that haven't been very consistent home or away! preston lost only to Sheffield and in form Yeovil lately, but now they have a huge chance to get at least one point. Colchester is a difficult to bet team, but this time a win for them is not probable at all! away +0.5 AH @ 1.90 with Betvictor

I do not like this stuff guys! Few months ago the quality of these threads was great' date=' no the old puncters are not writtne anymore - most of them - and have appeared some weird guys ...[/quote'] I think the quality here for the Scunthorpe v Wycombe game is excellent, what more could you need ? You have : 1. Tips for the game complete with selective recent form for both teams 2. A link for the travel directions complete with the accurate distance, estimated journey time, and likely fuel consumption 3. A brief history on the manufacturing industry of Scunthorpe 4. A new word for what I guess will be most people here, "Chert," I never previously knew it so I'm happy with that 5. A possible reason as to why the town Chertsey is so named. I think it's safe to say this thread is awash with useful sporting and historical data. If the game has a plethora of yellow or/and red cards, and ends with a final score of 1-3 (possible) or 0-4 (unlikely) it will be interesting to guage your response then.:rollin Thanks for adding some tips now, they're excellent as usual but with the games starting in less than an hour and a half from when you posted them it's possibly a bit too late for a lot of people. EDIT : After careful consideration, the clue to the most serious card could be here : Chert (ch[~e]rt), n. [ir. ceart stone, perh. akin to E.crag.] (Min.) An impure, massive, flintlike quartz or hornstone, of a dull color