** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb

430 Lingfield - Pale Orchid - 9/4 - Ladbrokes Doesn't look as if I can get long enough odds on some other fancies so will go with a shorter priced one. Backed this one all year including last time when 'gubbed' at 1.01. Have this so far clear on my figures I'd have taken doen to 7/4. Holds the Oratorian through the 4 horse by miles and has done nothing but improve. Up 5lbs since last run but decent claimer booked which says they are serious about winning today. Won't hear of defeat - maintain this horse is listed class. Good Luck All

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 1500 doncaster 1pt win the weatherman sp 21f1 are figures for all runs by the weatherman,won with a bit in hand last time out and further improvement can be expected,the 2nd in that race kealigolane ran ok to finish 4th to henderson hotpot lyvius, and think that horse is better than his runner today oscar nominee

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb *Lambro Lad - Doncaster 4:05* Has been out of sorts on its last 3 outings, but previously had shows good form and hacked up at Uttoxeter in 2010. Runs off a very leniant mark of 110 tomorrow, and the booking of Jamie Moore catches the eye. Has had another 93 day break and could strip fit tomorrow, there has been a tad bit of support for it in the market already which is a plus. Still not a lot of miles on the clock, Peter Bowen does well at Doncaster and Moore does well when he rides for Bowen. *0.5 Points e/w @ 22/1 VC BOG*

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb

Doesn't look as if I can get long enough

odds on some other fancies so will go with a shorter priced one. Backed this one all year including last time when 'gubbed' at 1.01. Have this so far clear on my figures I'd have taken doen to 7/4. Holds the Oratorian through the 4 horse by miles and has done nothing but improve. Up 5lbs since last run but decent claimer booked which says they are serious about winning today. Won't hear of defeat - maintain this horse is listed class.think i heard this few weeks ago, got me fingers burnt, maybe its pay back time ,, i hope gl

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 4.05 Doncaster Patsy Finnegan EW @ 16/1 Ladbrokes Gone for the most competitive race of the day but I think the Alan King horse has a solid each way chance in this. The stable are in much better form at the moment and this horse improved massively for his reappearance run at Ascot in a race won by Our Father. He finished tailed off in that race but finished a fast finishing 4th last time out at Taunton in a race won by Fox Appeal. He appeared to get outpaced in that race before staying on well after the final hurdle. The was only a small field and I think this much bigger field will help him as it should be run at a better pace. He is only lightly raced for a 10 year old but now the stable are in great form and if he can build on his latest run then he should have a solid chance of making the frame barring and mishaps.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 2.50 Ling PALMYRA 9/4 lads Won what looked an uncompetitive maiden here 18 days but a mark of 63 grossly underestimates david simcocks filly, handicapper had no choice with the 3rd that day been a 60 rated 4 year old maiden conceding weight all round, however was very impressed with the way this horse picked up from the rear in a slowly run race and step up in trip will suit. Only problem is Bramshill lass is also on my shortlist as i feel she can win a handicap off a mark of 74, however with simcocks filly getting all the weight here i'll take her to win this. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb Torres Del Paine - Kem 8.00 (1pt win 4-1 BET365 BOG) Steps up to Class 4 today after back-to-back CD wins under Kieran O'Neill, looking like a very progressive horse. Has had a few weeks off after those two runs (which were within three days of each other), and a replication of those efforts should be enough for him to get his head in front again.

*Lambro Lad - Doncaster 4:05* Has been out of sorts on its last 3 outings, but previously had shows good form and hacked up at Uttoxeter in 2010. Runs off a very leniant mark of 110 tomorrow, and the booking of Jamie Moore catches the eye. Has had another 93 day break and could strip fit tomorrow, there has been a tad bit of support for it in the market already which is a plus. Still not a lot of miles on the clock, Peter Bowen does well at Doncaster and Moore does well when he rides for Bowen. *0.5 Points e/w @ 22/1 VC BOG*
Not having a go or anything but Just intrigued if the horses you put up have to be early market movers as it seems a criteria that I notice a lot with your selections.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb Although IS IT ME (15:40) might just find this a little bit too competitive, he’s undoubtedly well-handicapped on his best form, all of that coming on good or faster ground. He gets this for the first time in five starts and has tumbled down the weights in the meantime. Although out of form for four of those, he showed much more last time and should capitalise on his current mark at some point on better ground, with today perhaps being an ideal opportunity. A very useful juvenile hurdler rated 142 at his peak; he’s slowly found his level and has generally won from the front, going left-handed. That doesn’t bode too well on this right-handed circuit but the jumping problems going this way round seem to have been ironed out in recent starts, especially when jumping straight as a die when going this way round and with only perhaps one other confirmed front-runner in the field, it’s fairly possible that he could get the race run to suit. With the ground likely to be good at Ludlow, which he needs (all nine victories have come on this ground or quicker) he should run a bold race, especially as he only has the light burden of 10st on his back. For a small, gutsy horse he could feel he’s been let loose in this field and with the booking of Paddy Brennan is certainly positive (3/12 for Sophie Leech), they’re perhaps expecting a big run. There’s a certain amount of risk with this bet, being that there had been rain forecast in the area (seems to have been incorrect) and the fact that at this point in his career, he might need a little further to show his best. That being said, 25/1 is far too big for a horse that is well-handicapped, gets his ideal ground for the first time in ages and will certainly be capable of going close, especially as he’s sneaked in towards the bottom of the weights. There’s certainly classier horses in the field, but I can see Is It Me running to about 110 or so at some point soon on this better ground on a sharp track, so off a mark of 97 here at Ludlow, it definitely makes him of interest at this kind of price. Bets 15:40 Ludlow – IS IT ME; 1pts @ 25/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb FAASEL @ SP - doncaster 15:30 win this is a runner who has lately been very unlucky in his placing but seems overlooked . since starting for the pipe stable hes ran 6 races , 3 of which are 2nd placing , one highlight is finishing second in last years cheltenham festival . both trainer and jockey are on decent for atm the moment . always liked this horse and runs on well , the rest of the feild seems to be nothing special and could be beaten by this runner . runs off a nice rating of 138 but has hit 154 before , has few pounds less than the top rating and seems fair , stands everychance .

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 5.30 Kempton ISLAND LEGEND @ 5/2 bog (Ladbrokes) I wrote this one week ago for Island Legend's last start:

6.10 Kempton ISLAND LEGEND @ 4/1 bog (Ladbrokes and many more) If Best Trip is not coming to push my selection for a crazy first half of the race as they did last time they met over C&D I guess Island Legend stands a very good chance off this mark in this company since he is in very good form (last performance is way better than the bare result tells as he was forced to race wide), his mark has dropped back to 75 (he won off last time) and has got a good draw. Best worry is Best Trip whose mark dropped to 70 and even if drawn in stall 10 could come and push my selection to increase too much the tempo in the first half of the race but a these prices I can take that risk. Estonia, Love You Louis, Black Baccara and Aldermoor don't make a big appeal if the race is gonna be as expected (Estonia was miles behind my selection last time they met over C&D).
The 6yo trained by Milton Bradley ran very well leading all they way with fast sections and was just caught home by his stable mate Triple Dream that has been upped 6lb for that win and has a wide draw today while Island Legend from stall number 1 should be able to get an easy lead and last till home this time to record his 6th win in 30 starts on AW. Novabridge looks another danger as the Neil Mulholland-trained 4yo is in good form (won a 0-60 sprint at Wolverhampton earlier this month) and from stall number 2 could try to take the lead after the kick but I doubt he can do it and his chances would be very weak if he can't find a good place behind Island Legend for example, still it could be a danger if he pushes my selection for a crazy tempo in the first furlong. That scenario would help both Captain Scooby (third last time out behind Triple Dream and Island Legend) and Estonia, and also Triple Dream's chances would be boosted of course, but as I said I think Island Legend can get an easy lead this time as Novabridge makes a huge step up in class and his win came off a 5lb lower mark in a quite weak contest so all the held-up horses should find it tougher today.

Doesn't look as if I can get long enough

odds on some other fancies so will go with a shorter priced one. Backed this one all year including last time when 'gubbed' at 1.01. Have this so far clear on my figures I'd have taken doen to 7/4. Holds the Oratorian through the 4 horse by miles and has done nothing but improve. Up 5lbs since last run but decent claimer booked which says they are serious about winning today. Won't hear of defeat - maintain this horse is listed class.think i heard this few weeks ago, got me fingers burnt, maybe its pay back time ,, i hope gl

Have'nt a clue what thats all about??

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 520 Ludlow: Knockalongi (7/2 PP, VC) Been waiting for this horse to go over three miles, had him on my list of horses to follow and have to say i have been a tad disappointed with him so far but just know he has loads of ability. Finished second three times now over hurdles and all the winners have gone on to improve so he may have just been unlucky? This trip has always been the way forward and does face one or two fair types at this level but will be surprised if he cant get involved and the price is fair enough although was hoping for nearer 5/1.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 18.00 Kempton: Menadati @ 4/1 Bet365 The good price is gone for Menadati but I still think 4/1 is too high for his chance. I can easily say most other horses in this field are neither well handicapped nor in winning form and therefore should have Menadati a pretty good chance to go very close today. This four year old lightly raced gelding showed tremendous improvement for the step up in distance lto. He raced for the first time over 10 furlongs and was flying in the end. The race was run with a pretty strong pace, thanks to the eventual winner Megalala. Though it was a weird race either as the field ignored Megalala completely for a long way. Menadati was 3f out still 15 lengths or so off the pace but finished only 1½ lengths behind the winner in the end. He gained loads of ground and stayed on very well. I'm surprised to see that Menadati is allowed to race of the same mark today and I assume he's definitely better than his current mark of 67. I also like the chance of Black Coffee here, as he's down to his last winning mark (won twice in March 2011 of 67) and I don't see why he shouldn't give a good account today. 20/1 is quite a high price.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 2.05 Ludlow High On A Hill caught a tarter lto but ran a decent race under the circumstances. Doesn't meet anything of that calibre here and I really don't like the look of the two market leaders. Stable in fine form and although I would have had more confidence with Maguire on board I still believe this one has a great chance here. Much better value than anything in the race and possibly may try different tactics today and try to win from the front. 1 Pt win 11/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 17:20 Kempton Fair Passion is the one I like in this class 5 handicap. Apart from his debut run, this horse holds a decent record over today's course and distance. From 6 runs since his debut over CD he has racked up form of 327221. The run where he finished 7th can be ignored slightly as he wasn't well away that day at all and didn't seem to recover much from that having used all his energy up inside the early parts of the race, he weakened tamely inside the final furlong. He is only 3lbs higher than his win over last year's course and distance and although his two runs since haven't been very inspiring, I feel a return over this course and distance will be ideal. His last run came at Southwell just 12 days ago in a claimer but I feel that run was probavbly used to blow away in cobwebs considering it was his first run since August. His record at Southwell isn't very flattering either so I am willing to ignore that run LTO. Fair Passion E/W @ 7/1 (Will Hill - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 1:35 Ludlow - Swing Bowler - Back Not a great day of racing really but this one looks an interesting prospect and I reckon he should probably be a fraction of odds on. Has won 2 from 2 in bumpers and now faces hurdles for the first time. Unbeaten bumper horses seem to make good hurdlers in my experience and I think he could do well in this sphere. He has been found a nice chance to get kicked off here 1pt win @ 5/4 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 4.30 - Lingfield - Waseem Faris 0.5 EW @ 15/2 StanJames I think this is quite an interesting race and with Pale Orchid back right into evens, i think theres potentially abit of value elsewhere and i think Wassem Faris is in with a shout. Mick Channon's 3yo hasnt won on the AW yet in 4 starts, however has won over 6f at Bath. Was 4L behind Pale Orchid on his last start 28 days ago and is effectively 14lbs better off in terms of weight today, so in effect he should be alot closer today. His better runs seem to have come with Martin Harley onboard and he is booked for today.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 2.05 Ludlow - 1pt win High On A Hill @ 7/1 (Bet365) Donald McCain's yard go well at the minute and this one looks sure to relish the better ground today. He's a decent flat stayer rated 79 on the turf having won on his final start before going hurdling over 1m6f at Salisbury. Struggling on his hurdling bow over 2m4f on soft ground at Hereford, but improved massively last time at Leicester to chase home a smart type by 2 3/4l (gap back to 3rd). Winner is rated 130 so it wasn't a bad effort, and he should improve now for better ground, as all his best flat form came on a sound surface. Bounce is possible for Monte Cavallo and Secret World looks vulnerable late on. This one should go well.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 2:25 Doncaster The Cockney Mackem @ 11/4 VC Good second last time to Micheal Flips who ran a great 2nd in grade 1 race on saturday. They were 12 lengths clear of the 3rd that day and the selection was closing on the winner towards the finish so the step up in trip today could suit on the other hand an extra 5 furlongs maybe too much but ill take that chance. gutted i missed the 7/2 earlier but 11/4 seems fair.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb 6.30 Kempton - Marajaa - On official ratings Marajaa is 6lbs better than the next best in this claimer. He has also won twice over this course and distance. In his last race, Munsarim (1st) and Spinning Ridge (4th) went on to win their races next time out. He has previously won a grade 4 handicap off a rating of 80 and with his 6lb advantage at the weights may prove difficult to beat today. 6.30 Kempton: Marajaa - 1pt win @ 4/5 Stan James

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb Kemp 8pm - Tislaam McCabe won a handicap at this meeting last year and Tislaam is the only runner at the track that he sends out today. Sire has had 12 runners over the 6f distance in the past year, placing on half of those occasions. Trainer has placed 15 of 40 at the track in the same period. Jockey does well with McCabe, with around a 1 in 4 place strike rate, although in the last five outings the pair's record is 22215. 11/1 win - stan james (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 22nd Feb Best Trip 6.30 Kempton. 1 point win. Not a recent form choice, but does have the ability to go well if getting his own way in front. The trip and surface isn't a problem, and if he gets the chance to settle well in front and not set the race up for the favourite who needs a fast pace, then he could lead and kick on to win this. Well worth a chance at the odds. 16/1 Bet365 (bog)