Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Must be a mistake at Sportingbet, Isner/Lopez line set @ 32.5 games, +4.5 handicap......:unsure. Took a number of bets earlier, mostly covered but will jot them down anyway in a few. Not watching any tennis or scoreboards tonight though.........:lol
Spotted this myself an hour or so ago but they wouldn't let me place it. You did well to get on :ok

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazed the line is still available. Must have been loads lumped on the overs you'd imagine.
It isn't still available and hasn't been for over an hour. Try clicking through the oddschecker link, you'll get an empty betting slip. Think some people on here have managed to get on but I'd imagine that some others are telling porkies.

It isn't still available and hasn't been for over an hour. Try clicking through the oddschecker link' date=' you'll get an empty betting slip. Think some people on here have managed to get on but I'd imagine that some others are telling porkies.[/quote'] Oh yeah, don't think it got taken off that long ago though. Think they will set it at the 42.5 mark in an hour or so. Quite content to have taken the 32.5 line though, won't lie ;)

Oh yeah' date=' don't think it got taken off that long ago though. Think they will set it at the 42.5 mark in an hour or so. Quite content to have taken the 32.5 line though, won't lie ;)[/quote'] You're one of the lucky ones. Obviously took a pounding and that's why it was pulled. I was so close to getting on but as I was placing the bet it was pulled. Good luck though and well played for getting on. :ok Let us know if they cancel it after it wins though.

You're one of the lucky ones. Obviously took a pounding and that's why it was pulled. I was so close to getting on but as I was placing the bet it was pulled. Good luck though and well played for getting on. :ok Let us know if they cancel it after it wins though.
They legally can't do that.

Their mistake' date=' their advertising, much like when you go into a supermarket and you see something priced wrong, they have to give you it as it is priced, right?[/quote'] No, as I said, there is a bookmaker rule called 'palpable error'. If it's clearly a mistake in the pricing then they can void the bet. Hopefully they won't tonight though because their handicap line was also out of whack with other books, which suggests that their trader took a stance on the match. They've just withdrew the bet once it started getting pounded.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Ok so here goes... said a little earlier in the thread that I would try to get involved so here is my first effort... Alexandr Dolgopolov to beat Bernard Tomic - 2.24 Betfair Wrong favourite for me. Took this a while back and although Dolgopolov has drifted since, I still think this is a good bet. I can see why Tomic is favourite, what with home advantage and good results so far, but I think Dolgopolov has a more than fair chance of taking this. Dolgopolov appears to have struggled in this tournament so far when looking at his results, but he seems to be an enigmatic player and a player who can raise his game for big matches. If you didn't know better, you would be forgiven for thinking that he deliberately struggled during his first two matches - as though he needed to have his back against the wall in order to perform. Tomic has beaten Verdasco and Querrey to get to this stage, both better players than Dolgopolov has faced so far, but neither in great form. Querrey in particular seems to have gone AWOL during the last year or so. Dolgopolov can be awkward to play against, and I remember that he played well here last year. He also showed in his first round match that he can cope when playing against a player that has home support.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Haha too good to be true.......:lol......same happened to me last year, Paddy Power waited til after the bet had come in to say it was voided, was gutted even though the line was criminal........:lol...cant remember what match it was now. Federer -5.5 games vs Karlovic @ 4/6 (Stan James:5pts) Fancy Fed to come through with a bit to spare here, Ivo is all serve but Fed has handled him pretty well over the years as Ivo rarely causes him any fuss on his service games, matter of Federer being patient and taking the chances that come his way . Can see a straight sets win for the maestro, maybe 4 if he loses a tie-break but h'cap should still be achievable. Kohli vs Falla OVER 3.5 sets @ 8/13 (Bet365:2pts) Expected this to be 1/2 at best. Two players doing well atm, in good shape heading into this one. Kohli favourite but he is no stranger to clowning around, happened in the first round vs rusty Monaco, and he is prone to dipping and playing longer matches than he should. Falla also making one of these runs again, had a decent start to the year and although Fish wasnt good int hat match, a straight sets win cannot be sniffed at. Would expect 4 sets at least. GL fellas, sleep needed after last nights exertions followign Bogomolov!!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 All of you are to blame. If you would have just let say me and IAG take that bet, maybe they wouldn't have voided it. Shame on you guys :lol Yeah obvious error but I thought they may have left it given what happened in the darts. Oh well, can't complain in the slightest.

Event Wozniacki C. (Den) - Niculescu M. (Rou)
Selection over 17.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Titanbet @ 1.91
Reasoning Wozniacki is not in so good fit to trust her here to take with big spread definitely big hitter as Niculesu. Wozniacki last match here passed by this line of 17.5 games and I think she will has problems today again. Caroline was struggling against Tatshvilli who is definitely weak player. Head to head Wozy leads 2-0 both games but that was four years ago and now Niculescu has what to show against world number 1.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 5/10 Falla - Kohlschreiber over 3.5 sets @ 1.62 Betsson See no one who can win this match in 3 sets. Last meetings are closed and 2 times Falla win one or more sets. 7/10 Lopez tb. Isner @ 2.20 Bwin Why is Lopez odd? Playing good this tournament and maybe Isner have fysical problems. I think good value here for Lopez. Leans for later today: Tomic tb. Dolgopolov Del Potro -2.5 sets tb. Lu

Event Berdych T. (Cze) - Anderson K. (Rsa)
Selection over 3.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90
Reasoning Berdych played four matches in last ten days, firstly he had lost against Tomic 2-1 and Rodick 2-1 at Kooyong exh., few days later he dropped one set and took another struggling 7-5 against typical claycourter world number 88 Ramos-Vinolas who had played 19 matches in past five years on hard court. Berdych struggling was welcome for the veteran 31 years old clay courter Rochus who is only 5'5 high, but succeed to put one set into a tiebreak and missed good opportunities to take it after broke him twice in tiebreak. However I really like big Kev who also has big serving good forehand and if Berdych keep that fit who showed so far here I think he will give good balls to big Kev's forehand. If that happen count at least one set in Anderson account.

Must be a mistake at Sportingbet, Isner/Lopez line set @ 32.5 games, +4.5 handicap......:unsure. Took a number of bets earlier, mostly covered but will jot them down anyway in a few. Not watching any tennis or scoreboards tonight though.........:lol
This would & should have been a Punterslounge celebration for a long time. Bet won after basically 2 sets (1-1 sets 22 games played) :cry :puke:puke:puke

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Another horrific night. Isner and Bratchikova losing. That might be it for the tournament for me, although Murray on a handicap appeals. Just noticing the complete lack of four set matches. Either a routine victory in straight sets or a five set marathon it seems these days in Oz.

5/10 Falla - Kohlschreiber over 3.5 sets @ 1.62 Betsson :@:@:@:@:@ See no one who can win this match in 3 sets. Last meetings are closed and 2 times Falla win one or more sets. 7/10 Lopez tb. Isner @ 2.20 Bwin :nana Why is Lopez odd? Playing good this tournament and maybe Isner have fysical problems. I think good value here for Lopez. Leans for later today: Tomic tb. Dolgopolov Del Potro -2.5 sets tb. Lu
Little profit, don't play one of my leans :(.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 I have only one match Đokovic vs Mahut - 10.5 @ 1.87 Đokovic is in great form he played great so far and Mahut is very lucky guy that he even came in third round he is not that good player who could make some damage I think that Đokovic should beat him easily.:hope

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Bit of a poor night for me, -1.77 units. Still in profit for the tournament though so not all bad.

Caroline Wozniaki vs Moncia Niculescu – over 17.5 games 1.80 at bwin :\ Kim Clijsters vs Daniella Hantuchova– Cjisters -5.5 games 1.73 at Coral :ok Li Na vs Anabel Garringues – under 18.5 games 1.80 at Paddy Power VOID Roger Federer vs Ivo Karlovic – no tie break in the match 3.0 at Ladbrokes (0.5 units):\ Stan Wawrinka vs Nicolas Almagro – Wawrinka -4.5 game 1.85 at Victor Chandler:\ John Isner vs Feliciano Lopez – over 32.5 games 1.83 at Sporting BetVOID

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 OK, I continue pushing my luck with another WTA Kuznetsova to bt Lisicki @2.20 Pinnacle I already went once against Lisicki in this AO, namely in her match with Peer, but Peer let me down by playing absolute crap. Lisicki plays tennis full of force, early hitten balls and winners, but her movement is not that good and she makes lot of errors. Not that Kuzzy does not makes errors - she does, but she is old veteran and more versatile player IMO. H2H is 1-0 for Lisicki: Wimbledon 2009, where Kuzzy lost as a big fav in R3 26 57. I think she will want revenge. Last week she did beat Zvonareva in two straight sets, so she's got the weapons. Also waiting for better odds in Gasquet-Tipsa. Looks like the whole world is jumping on Tipsa who has his leg and foot tapped all over. As soon as the odds on the Frenchmen cross 2.0, I jump on it.