England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December

Friday 30 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Rotherham United (19:45 GMT) 2.16 3.6 3.75 100.74 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Barnet (19:45 GMT) 1.36 5.4 11 100.94 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v Gillingham (19:45 GMT) 3.75 3.5 2.16 101.53 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Accrington Stanley (19:45 GMT) 3.35 3.4 2.5 99.26 %
Saturday 31 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Plymouth Argyle (13:00 GMT) 1.87 3.75 4.8 100.98 %
maximize.gif Macclesfield Town v Port Vale (13:00 GMT) 2.88 3.4 2.69 101.31 %
maximize.gif Morecambe v Burton Albion (13:00 GMT) 2.42 3.4 3.2 101.98 %
maximize.gif Torquay United v Oxford United (13:00 GMT) 2.5 3.4 3.1 101.67 %
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Southend United (15:00 GMT) 3.35 3.45 2.26 103.08 %
maximize.gif Bradford City v Shrewsbury Town (15:00 GMT) 3.15 3.4 2.5 101.16 %
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 GMT) 2.16 3.6 3.75 100.74 %
maximize.gif Northampton Town v Swindon Town (15:00 GMT) 4.4 3.55 2 100.90 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December Southend United to win at Wimbledon who are going through a terrible run of form (6 consecutive defeats) and haven't won since early October. The players look like they lack confidence, leadership and too many of them are probably simply not good enough for L2 football. Southend on the other hand will be very hungry after their 1-0 lead over 10 men Aldershot was suspended at half time due to floodlights failure. Anyway, this is advisory only and I am not taking this bet because I support Wimbledon. Otherwise, I would be all over it. :) Double of Cheltenham to beat Rotherham (DNB) and Crawley to beat Barnet @ 2.00 with William Hill Cheltenham - Rotherham - 1 DNB @1.5 Cheltenham are having a terrific season and are now second in the division (but Southend have a game in hand). They lost two home games this season - against the unpredictable Crewe and earlier in the season against Morecambe. They drew their last match at home 0-0 to promotion seeking Shrewsbury but reading the reports it's clear that it was a good, lively game between two evenly matched teams with some good scoring opportunities for both sides. Rotherham had a decent start to the season but then lost their form and are now your typical mid table side. My Wimbledon supporting mates who watched our defeat there reported that Rotherham didn't play very well and this was confirmed by their manager in post match comments. They drew their last match 0-0 at Macclesfield but again reading the reports leads to the conclusion that it was a very uninspiring affair between two weak sides. They have a pretty impressive away record though - 4-5-3 but if truth be told, apart from Swindon and maybe Port Vale which they both lost, they haven't played any top teams away yet so Cheltenham should be a real test for them. To sum up I think Cheltenham will win to enter 2012 in second spot but am taking DNB due to Rotherham's good away record. Crawley - Barnet 1 @ 1.33 One sentence reasoning here would be enough - Crawley are the best team in the division. However, I understand it may not be enough on such a respectable forum and someone might retort that if they are the best in L2 why did they lose at home to Gillingham in the last match? Yes they did lose but they were playing with 10 men and they had 8 attempts on target to Gills' two which says something on the nature of the match. In fact I think that the defeat to Gills make it even more likely that Crawley will beat Barnet at home as they will want to bounce back immediately to stay on track in this competitive division.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December Crawley Town vs Barnet - Crawley @ 1.37 Not much to say here - should be a very comfortable win for Crawley. They should easily bounce back from their loss against Gillingham in their last match with a big win over a less than impressive Barnet side. Barnet have lost their last 2 away games - 0-3 at Dagenham and Redbridge and 0-1 at Torquay. They haemorrhage goals on their travels, and Crawley will no doubt make them pay - they've scored 28 in 11 home games so should put a few past Barnet tomorrow night. I'm going to back Correct Score 3-0 @ 10 Betfair as well as Crawley HT/FT @ Evens Betfair Hereford vs Accrington Stanley - Accrington Stanley @ 2.34 Betfair Very good price for Accrington here. They're on a great run of form - 4 wins out of 4 - and looked very good in their last two away games, against Morecambe and AFC Wimbledon. They didn't have a great start to the season but are really starting to turn things round now and will look to continue their good form against a pretty hopeless Hereford side. Hereford's recent form is abysmal - 4 losses and 1 draw (which came against equally abysmal Plymouth). They're pretty rotten at home, losing 8 of their 11 games played at Edgar Street, conceding 25 goals and scoring just 11 in the process. I can't look beyond the in-form Accrington for this game who, at that price, are well worth the punt. Looking at the correct score markets, I might go for 0-2 or 0-3 @ 13 and 32 respectively at Betfair

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December For Fridays games I can only echo what has been said already in tonights games. I am going to have a snap at Christiano Montano Anytime Goalscorer 3.25 Bet365 in the Dag & Red v Gills game. Montano bagged 2 last time out at home to Barnet, however he was a pinnacle piece in their 3rd one also. It seems like everything the daggers do going forward he is involved. He has bags full of quality having played at league 1 level with Notts County earlier in the season.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December Its strange, no injuries reported, few minor knocks but nothing serious. Don't think Herefords results have reflected their performances lately but they are obviously struggling, draw looks on the cards for me. Nobody should be 1.3 in this league, you would expect Crawley to win but it will probably be closer than most expect. Gills have been going very well lately and obviously beat Crawley at the weekend but the squad is starting to get a bit stretched, Matt Fish (ankle) and Whelpdale (err...ripped testicle! :$) are doubtful, regular right back Lee is suspended still, Rooney is suspended also, captain Frampton is probably out as well midfielder Montrose, Danny Spiller, Barry Fuller and Adam Birchall are long-term absentees, while three youngsters are out on loan. Defender Simon King could start his first game in a long while. I wouldn't really consider us favourites with all the injuries and Dagenham starting to turn things round. I think there are worse bets available than Dagenham DNB at 2.75 (paddypower), I would be surprised to see us win.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December

Crawley Town vs Barnet - Crawley @ 1.37 Not much to say here - should be a very comfortable win for Crawley. They should easily bounce back from their loss against Gillingham in their last match with a big win over a less than impressive Barnet side. Barnet have lost their last 2 away games - 0-3 at Dagenham and Redbridge and 0-1 at Torquay. They haemorrhage goals on their travels, and Crawley will no doubt make them pay - they've scored 28 in 11 home games so should put a few past Barnet tomorrow night. I'm going to back Correct Score 3-0 @ 10 Betfair as well as Crawley HT/FT @ Evens Betfair
Not that I'm saying Crawley won't win, but I don't think Barnet have been to bad away from home of late. Narrow defeat at Shrewsbury, wins at Southport and Bristol Rovers, and they only lost to Torquay at the death. Obviously the 3-0 loss at Dagenham doesn't bode too well however. That's what puts me off the Crawley bandwagon, though they are a bit better than most in the division, of course.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December My first League Two tips on here so hopefully they will be good ones! Dagenham & Redbridge v Gillingham - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.72 Although the away side looks like the better team I don't think a win for them is a definite. It seems to be that there is nearly always goals involved with these 2 sides especially Dagenham & Redbridge. Their win in the last game at home can only help their confidence and the fans confidence in them. I think this will give them the belief they need to try and win this. Gillingham are on a very good run and always seem to be able to score a few. I think this will be an attacking end to end game and I can see it going over 2.5 goals easily! Cheltenham v Rotherham - Both Teams To Score @ 1.66 This is a really hard game to call. Home side are in great form but the away side are no pushovers. Both sides are capable of scoring. Although I think Cheltenham could edge a win I don't think it will be that easy. DNB Cheltenham would be my pick but @ 1.44 there is no value in this. I think this game will be tight. I also looked at unders but I cant rule out a 2-1. I do think the home side are the stronger team but I would not discount Rotherham and for this reason I am taking this bet at decent odds. Crawley Town v Barnet - Crawley to score in both halves @ 1.80 It is very hard to find value in this game. Crawley are strong favourites and rightly so. They haven't won in their last 2 games which leads me to believe this game could be tighter than the odds make out. I think it could go either way and end up 5-0 or 1-0. Its clear that Crawley can score and with a very good goals difference and top of the league status they will still be confident of winning with ease. The away side are not doing very well at the moment and were beaten by poor Dagenham & Redbridge by 3 goals in their last game. Not something you want to happen before you meat the league leaders. I have looked at the Asian Handicap bet but will Crawley's scoring record this normally score in both halves and I will take a risk at these odds for this to happen. Hereford Utd v Accrington Stanley - Accrington Stanley +0.5AH @ 1.65 This game sees the home side on terrible form while the away side in great form. Confidence levels will be very different because of this. The home side are going through a really bad run which leaves them near the bottom and needing a results. The expect the crowd to not be in best spirits after Herefords previous results and unless they sneak on early goal I see Accrington being too strong for them. Accrington are in peak form. Not conceding many and getting win after win. I think the odds for this Asian Handicap are actually very generous considering the circumstances! Good luck all!

As I write this' date='Hereford are 1/0 up. What's going on?? Presumably Accrington have some kind've bug on the camp,& have travelled down with whoever is fit etc,maybe? That's some gamble,especially in this league![/quote'] Accrington made 1 change from the team that beat Morcambe. The bus was late but not sure people would have known that earlier today.

As I write this' date='Hereford are 1/0 up. What's going on?? Presumably Accrington have some kind've bug on the camp,& have travelled down with whoever is fit etc,maybe? That's some gamble,especially in this league![/quote'] Full time: Hereford 1 Accrington 1 (A sign that a price coming down does not mean a result is sure to go one way?)

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December I have decided to take Over 2.5 Goals on three games tommorow all of which I think are good value! Aldershot Town v Plymouth Argyle - Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.05 Plymouth have been slowly coming back into a bit of form over the last few weeks after a terrible start leaving them at the foot of the table. They have finally found goals and I think against an Aldershot side which seem to be conceding I think they may get a goal or two. The home side are not in good form and they need the win and points against a side they will believe they should beat. I think all this gives the game potential for goals! Morecambe v Burton Albion - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.85 Burton Albion come into the game in a decent run of form but the away side are no pushovers. The thing that makes me think this will happen is the form of Morcambe who are conceding 2 in most games recently. Burton Albion are also conceding a couple of goals per game and sometimes still winning. This is reflected in their low goal difference compared to their table positions. Previous results between these 2 teams also sway me to think this could go over. Northampton Town v Swindon Town - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 There is a big difference between the quality in these teams. The home side just concede so many per game they are really getting thumped at the moment. I think Swindon can take advantage of this of will go out all guns blazing. Defensively Swindon are very good but away from home against a side who cant afford to sit back with their defense I see potential for goals! Good luck!

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 30-31 December Port Vale DNB @ 1.7...bet366 stakes 2/10....I took this price yesterday and then it drifted to 1.725 for a while but now it's squeezed in to 1.575 so the value has evaporated a little.Anyway I think Vale possess more of a goal threat then Macclesfield and hence I think they could come away with at least a point today. I tipped Gillingham a couple of weeks ago away at Moss lane and the Macclesfield keeper was the hero that day.Macclesfield are hard to beat at home and have only let in 7 in 12 games which has to be respected.The problem is their finding it hard to score at the moment with just 2 goals in their last 6 games.To win you have to score.I think there is more potential for goals in the away side with Richards(7 goals) back and also Madjo(4 goals),Rigg(6 goals),Pope(4goals) and Dodds(2 goals) all capable of finding the back of the net.They are 3-1-0 from their last 4 games scoring 8 and letting in 2. Macclesfield are missing Tomlinson(5 goals), Daniel(1 goal) and Chalmers(1 goal) and I don't think they will carry as much of a goal threat as a Vale side that seem to be gathering momentum....

Port Vale DNB @ 1.7...bet366 stakes 2/10....I took this price yesterday and then it drifted to 1.725 for a while but now it's squeezed in to 1.575 so the value has evaporated a little.Anyway I think Vale possess more of a goal threat then Macclesfield and hence I think they could come away with at least a point today. I tipped Gillingham a couple of weeks ago away at Moss lane and the Macclesfield keeper was the hero that day.Macclesfield are hard to beat at home and have only let in 7 in 12 games which has to be respected.The problem is their finding it hard to score at the moment with just 2 goals in their last 6 games.To win you have to score.I think there is more potential for goals in the away side with Richards(7 goals) back and also Madjo(4 goals),Rigg(6 goals),Pope(4goals) and Dodds(2 goals) all capable of finding the back of the net.They are 3-1-0 from their last 4 games scoring 8 and letting in 2. Macclesfield are missing Tomlinson(5 goals), Daniel(1 goal) and Chalmers(1 goal) and I don't think they will carry as much of a goal threat as a Vale side that seem to be gathering momentum....
2-1,bet lost....