** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Tatling - Enjoy your retirement old fellow!

Veteran sprinter The Tatling set for last race VETERAN sprinter The Tatling will be retired at the end of an extraordinary career after running in his 176th race under rules at Wolverhampton on Monday. Trainer Milton Bradley is callingtime on the career of the 14-year-old, who has won 17 races, including the King's Stand Stakes, and was second in the Nunthorpe Stakes three times. "He has got a little bit steadier and it is unfair to run him after he has been such a good servant to us," the trainer said on Sunday. "He has just lost a bit of his sparkle." Bradley has had The Tatling since claiming him in 2002 and nominated The Tatling's 2004 victory in the King's Stand - then a Group 2 - as the highlight. He said: "It was a big field and they didn't give us a lot of chance, two furlongs out he had three behind him but he won going away, it was no lucky win." Taken from RP Good luck tomorrow return safe old boy and enjoy your retirement.

Re: The Tatling - Enjoy your retirement old fellow! Good memories of the old boy. Used to know one of his former owners when with David Nicholls. Was 'on' big time when he dotted up in a Catterick claimer at odds of 9/4, just before he started to win Group races...Lol.:clap

Re: The Tatling - Enjoy your retirement old fellow! Would have been one of those old sentimental bets coming in for many, I'm sure. Not that I was on! From the BBC website... Veteran horse The Tatling produced a fairytale ending in his 176th and final racecourse appearance by claiming victory at Wolverhampton. The 14-year-old was priced at 16-1 but won the handicap - the 18th of his career - by a short head. Trainer Milton Bradley said: "I know it was only a small race, but what a wonderful story. The horse is still a star in our eyes. "He's been a marvellous servant for everyone involved with him." Winning owner Darren Hudson-Wood told At The Races: "I nearly cried a second ago. I didn't expect him to be in the first five, to be honest. "That was incredible and probably justifiable for him to go out like that." Jockey Richard Kingscote added: "I thought it was going to be a hard-luck story but we got there in the end." The BBC's horse racing correspondent Cornelius Lysaght paid tribute to The Tatling, saying: "In a sport where many of its athletes are here today and gone (to stud) tomorrow, The Tatling's sheer longevity is astonishing. "The chance to pass on his genes was never likely - though more's the pity, in retrospect - but since starting his career in 1999, he has never missed a season. "His weren't long distance races in which a bit of guile and determination will get you through, but sprints over five and six furlongs (1000m & 1200m) where he who dares wins. "Add into the mix that he was grey in colour and bought relatively cheaply before later winning at Royal Ascot, and you have a classic sporting fairytale. "The Tatling may not have been as well-known as last week's retiree, Denman, but he was every bit as much a racing hero.