** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December

Jase82

Thursday 15 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC København v Standard de Liège (18:00 GMT) 2.01 3.5 4 103.32 %
maximize.gif Hannover 96 v Vorskla Poltava (18:00 GMT) 1.44 4.45 7.9 104.57 %
maximize.gif Hapoel Tel Aviv v Legia Warszawa (18:00 GMT) 2.08 3.45 3.65 104.46 %
maximize.gif PAOK v Rubin Kazan (18:00 GMT) 3.25 2.75 2.86 102.10 %
maximize.gif PSV Eindhoven v Rapid Bucuresti (18:00 GMT) 1.38 4.8 9.01 104.40 %
maximize.gif Shamrock Rovers v Tottenham Hotspur (18:00 GMT) 6.75 4.3 1.51 104.30 %
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Stade Rennais (20:05 GMT) 1.51 4.2 7.5 103.37 %
maximize.gif AZ Alkmaar v Metalist Kharkiv (20:05 GMT) 1.54 4.1 6.55 104.59 %
maximize.gif Birmingham City v NK Maribor (20:05 GMT) 1.55 4.1 6.35 104.65 %
maximize.gif Club Brugge v Sporting de Braga (20:05 GMT) 2.46 3.1 3.3 103.21 %
maximize.gif FK Austria Wien v Malmö FF (20:05 GMT) 1.53 4.25 6.4 104.51 %
maximize.gif Udinese v Celtic (20:05 GMT) 1.6 4 6.2 103.63 %

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event PAOK - Rubin
Selection Draw
Strength 7/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 2.60
Reasoning WIth three wins in the last three games of the group and no defeat yet (3-2-0) PAOK already have a guaranteed place in the next round of the Europa League a game before the end. But the team will not want to lose their last match for couple of reasons: They will be very happy if manage to finish the group stage without a defeat. One or three points in their game will mean that the team will finish top of the table and will avoid some big teams in the next stage. Rubin in other hand is in great shape. The team won seven of their last ten games in all competitions and also their last two in the Europa League. In the last match Rubin need a single point to be sure for their progress to the next round and I think they will settle for a draw and not risk everything for the first place in the group. The situation in this group is that a draw in this game will: First guarantee PAOK the first place in the group and the team will finish without a defeat in those six games, which will be great achievement for the Greeks. Second Rubin will for sure be at least a point ahead of Tottenham, which means that the Russians will finish in second place. In other words a draw will be very welcome for both teams. The odds already started to drop, so I'm taking this game earlier.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Metalist @7.0 yes please.This is crazy. Metalist didn't lose in group stage yet.And i think they only lost 1 away game to shakhtar in last 30 away games.I know it's a "must" win for Az but tbh they don't impress me lately and i hate word "must".All pressure is on AZ while Metalist will be relaxed and play for fun.Ukr league is on break now so it's a Metalist last game this year so i don't think they will rest anyone.Full squad,apart from Cristaldo i think. Metalist +0.5AH @2.60 Metalist +1AH @2.025 also looks good Made alot on Metalist so far hope it will continue.

SportFootball (Europa League)
EventPAOK - Rubin
SelectionDraw
Strength7/10
Date15/12/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBetclic @ 2.60
ReasoningWIth three wins in the last three games of the group and no defeat yet (3-2-0) PAOK already have a guaranteed place in the next round of the Europa League a game before the end. But the team will not want to lose their last match for couple of reasons: They will be very happy if manage to finish the group stage without a defeat. One or three points in their game will mean that the team will finish top of the table and will avoid some big teams in the next stage. Rubin in other hand is in great shape. The team won seven of their last ten games in all competitions and also their last two in the Europa League. In the last match Rubin need a single point to be sure for their progress to the next round and I think they will settle for a draw and not risk everything for the first place in the group. The situation in this group is that a draw in this game will: First guarantee PAOK the first place in the group and the team will finish without a defeat in those six games, which will be great achievement for the Greeks. Second Rubin will for sure be at least a point ahead of Tottenham, which means that the Russians will finish in second place. In other words a draw will be very welcome for both teams. The odds already started to drop, so I'm taking this game earlier.
Very fishy price for a draw.:eyes

Very fishy price for a draw.:eyes
Well, the bookies must be crazy to give 3 or more for draw in this game ... I played the draw at 2.70 in the morning and by Thursday I expect prices like 2.10, 2.20... We have seen this type of odds for draw in Italy and most of them were winning at the end :D

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Considering a large handicap double consisting of Spurs -1 6/5 and Udinese -1 17/10, Spurs should have too much in hand for a Shamrock side out of match practice/games even with a 'kiddie firm' out the -1 looks appealing with youngsters like Harry Kane and Danny Rose desperate to impress and Udinese with free scoring Di Natale in good form and a 'must win' at home to hopeless Celtic who do not travel well at all in Europe and should not pose much threat to a sturdy Udinese rearguard :ok Sorry prices courtesy of Hills

Metalist @7.0 yes please.This is crazy. Metalist didn't lose in group stage yet.And i think they only lost 1 away game to shakhtar in last 30 away games.I know it's a "must" win for Az but tbh they don't impress me lately and i hate word "must".All pressure is on AZ while Metalist will be relaxed and play for fun.Ukr league is on break now so it's a Metalist last game this year so i don't think they will rest anyone.Full squad,apart from Cristaldo i think. Metalist +0.5AH @2.60 Metalist +1AH @2.025 also looks good Made alot on Metalist so far hope it will continue.
Good to see you around again Mahno :ok As regarding you picks, am defenitly gonna follow you, i did make some money with metalist this year also, and they havent lost in so many games like you saying, also even better news that its their last game for this year and am sure they will do everything and get a positive result, just like with Shakhtar away to Apoel, you also predicted shakhtar to get a resultaway, they played so relaxed and won comfortably even missing a penallty in the fist half. So there is value for sure, am even thinking putting small bit of money in outright win at those great odds on Metalist Good luck Bud :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Hannover @1.44 Very short but still value. Vorskla have liited squad and very short bench.they play same players every game and they do look tired now.Usually Vorskla play strong in 1st half. So other risky bet could be Draw-Honnover @3.75

Considering a large handicap double consisting of Spurs -1 6/5 and Udinese -1 17/10, Spurs should have too much in hand for a Shamrock side out of match practice/games even with a 'kiddie firm' out the -1 looks appealing with youngsters like Harry Kane and Danny Rose desperate to impress and Udinese with free scoring Di Natale in good form and a 'must win' at home to hopeless Celtic who do not travel well at all in Europe and should not pose much threat to a sturdy Udinese rearguard :ok Sorry prices courtesy of Hills
I'd be a little wary of backing Udinese too heavily. It is not a must-win game for them - if they draw then they will qualify. They play Lazio at the weekend in a match and that is a match that they will view more seriously. I'd expect a couple of changes and Di Natale may not even play. They'll still be solid though and I think Celtic will find it tough going to score. Perhaps just wait until you see some team news because they are awfully short.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Birmingham @ 1.55 (Bwin) Birmingham have been impressive in the Europa League, playing with great heart and acheiving some wonderful results for the fans. They can still qualify for the knockout stage but it looks unlikely, as Braga would need to win away to Club Brugges. Still, it's not impossible, as Braga need to win to finish top of the group, and avoid the top sides in the next round, so they will have some reason to take the game seriously. Birmingham would need a win here as well as Braga to win, in order to progress. Even if Brugges are winning in the other fixture, I fancy Birmingham will be motivated to end their European adventure on a high by beating the weakest side in the group, Maribor. The players and the fans have been magnificent in this competition and they probably won't play in Europe again for a long time, so they will want to finish with a victory and a good performance. Maribor's away record in Europe is very poor, they have nothing to play for except pride and Birmingham are the better side. Maribor are also on their winter break, so match fitness may be a concern. A few months ago I would have worried about Birmingham being able to break them down but the team seemed to have gelled since then, and I think Burke on the wing will cause them lots of problems. I like the home win at 1.55 here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December one question about the possible "draw" here, if I'm not wrong Paok is already in the hext stage and Rubin is very very near, because their direct matchs versus Tottenham were 1-0 and 0-1, then if we look the goals diference, we see that Rubin is with +6 and Tottenham with +1. Big difference Why do you say a draw is possbile here? With these data, I think the two teams are already in the next stage and they will go for a win

one question about the possible "draw" here, if I'm not wrong Paok is already in the hext stage and Rubin is very very near, because their direct matchs versus Tottenham were 1-0 and 0-1, then if we look the goals diference, we see that Rubin is with +6 and Tottenham with +1. Big difference Why do you say a draw is possbile here? With these data, I think the two teams are already in the next stage and they will go for a win
Because it is possible (though unlikely) that PAOK win 1-0 and we beat Shamrock Rovers 4-0. Then I believe it would go down to UEFA coefficient, and ours would be greater than Kazans. So it is not completely over yet, though almost certainly it is.

Because it is possible (though unlikely) that PAOK win 1-0 and we beat Shamrock Rovers 4-0. Then I believe it would go down to UEFA coefficient' date=' and ours would be greater than Kazans. So it is not completely over yet, though almost certainly it is.[/quote'] and do you think Totteham will put all in its match? Because in previous matchs they didn't Then my ask is, any info about what Tottenham will put on the field? Will they give importance to to this match and put the best team possible? Because if they do, handicap -1 for Spurs could be good What do you think?

and do you think Totteham will put all in its match? Because in previous matchs they didn't Then my ask is, any info about what Tottenham will put on the field? Will they give importance to to this match and put the best team possible? Because if they do, handicap -1 for Spurs could be good What do you think?
It is unlikely that we will qualify and Redknapp does not care about this competition. For those two reasons I don't think he will gamble on qualification by playing a first choice team. It will be a mixture of young players (Townsend, Carroll, Kane etc) and squad/bench players (Pienaar, Corluka etc). There might be a couple of first choice players, depending on their fitness, but I think it is very unlikely that it will be a full strength team. So I don't think there is much value on the odds for Spurs, handicap or otherwise. Depending on the exact team we play, I am not even sure we will win the game.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Shamrock Rovers are very poor at the best of times though. They have finished there season 5/6 weeks now after winning the league and there surely not as fit or sharp as they were when they last played Spurs:beer. They have conceded in first 20 mins in every game so far except Spurs at White Hart Lane and even domestically there very slow starters so I really like Spurs HT/FT at 11/10. -1 Spurs 13/10 is another smashing bet. Depending on team news I could lump on this. Also fancy the draw between Paok and Rubin at 7/5, both knowing a draw would do them and the chance to get rid of Spurs who they wouldnt want to meet later on in the comp.

Metalist @7.0 yes please.This is crazy. Metalist didn't lose in group stage yet.And i think they only lost 1 away game to shakhtar in last 30 away games.I know it's a "must" win for Az but tbh they don't impress me lately and i hate word "must".All pressure is on AZ while Metalist will be relaxed and play for fun.Ukr league is on break now so it's a Metalist last game this year so i don't think they will rest anyone.Full squad,apart from Cristaldo i think. Metalist +0.5AH @2.60 Metalist +1AH @2.025 also looks good Made alot on Metalist so far hope it will continue.
Any news about guests closer to game ? Will they play first eleven and will be motivated for this ? Watched them few times this season and really think they can win.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Do you really think Harry Redknapp wants to progress in this competition ? I think not. They obviously should beat Shamrock but I cant see them breaking their necks to turn around the five goal deficit needed, should PAOK beat Kazan. Can see this one playing out like a pre-season friendly with alot of the reserves playing. Definatley not for the handicap imo. Team news essential here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Ok,forget about Metalist guys.Most of south americans didn't travel. No sosa,no taison,no cristaldo and i've got feeling that Metalist will play with one lonely striker Devich. Here is 17 player that traveled: G: Goryanov,Startsev,Dyshlenkovich D: Berezovchuk,Vilyagra,papa Guye,Obradovich,Pshenichnyh,Romanchuk,Tolsieri MF:Blanco,Valyaev,Edmar,Shelaev,Radchenko S:Budnik,Devich I don't think we will see many goals here.I still keep my bets above as AZ is too short and of Metal away record.The squad is not too bad.it looks More defensive.The only missing players are from middfield and strikers so drwa is possible.But there is no chance that Metalist will win-trust me

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December group A PAOK v Rubin home team> with win or draw will win this group, if they lose will be 2nd. away team> draw is enough for the next round. *Russian season is over three weeks ago. weather> mostly cloudy, but about 10c... Shamrock v Tottenham home team> have no chance. away team> only with big win (5:0) and with Rubin defeat, Spurs go to the next round. *Irish season is over a month and half ago. *Tottengham will play two home games (Sunderland and Chelsea) in next seven days. weather> light sleet and cold... group B Hannover v Vorksla home team> safe on the second place. away team> without a chance. *last match for Ukrainians before the winter break. weather> moderate rain, cold and windy... København v Standard home team> have no chance. away team> have already won this group. *Danish season is over ten days ago. *Liege have a big home match against Genk on Sunday. weather> overcast and very cold... group C PSV v Rapid B home team> already is winner of this group. away team> without a chance. *Dutch will play two important away game in next seven days (versus Heerenveen and Twente). weather> cloudy, cold and windy... Hapoel TA v Legia home team> have no chance. away team> safe on 2nd place. *this will be last game for Legia in this year. weather> clear weather with about 15c... group G AZ v Metalist home team> a draw will probably be enough for second place. away team> have already won this group. *this is last game for Metalist before the winter break. weather> mostly cloudy with strong wind. Austria v Malmo home team> only win out of question, and bad result of AZ will be enough for 2nd place. away team> have no chance. *Vienna have important game on Sunday against Salzburg. *Swedish season is over a month and half ago. weather> cloudy and very cold... group H Club Brugge v Braga home team> need at least a draw that wouldn't be dependent on other result. away team> no matter what they do, they will be the first or second. weather> rainy...am Birmingham v Maribor home team> need to win and defeat of Brugge. away team> without a chance. *this is last Maribor game before the winter break. weather> rainy and cold... group I Udinese v Celtic home team> need at least a draw for progress. away team> only win is in mind for the next round. *Udinese have a big matches with Lazio and Juventus in the next seven days. weather> partly cloudy... Atletico M v Rennes home team> a draw will be enough for 1st place. away team> without a chance. weather> clear... mates, check team news and take your money from bookies :cigar

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December An intresting interview with Metalist coach Markevich. He said: " i know taht AZ needs to win,also we didn't bring all players.I want AZ to progress as it's a good team.I think chances are 60%-40%" This makes me wonder even more now ;)

Event Club Brugge - Braga
Selection Club Brugge
Strength 10/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.54
Reasoning Brugge already defeated Braga in Portugal and now both teams will fight for the first place of the Group H. Brugge is a very good team and Braga won't have a easy mission. They didn't lost at Portugal due to play bad. Brugge was already a good team but now, with Daum working omproving his team they are ven stronger. Braga could have won in Portugal, but they didn't it and now it will be even more difficult. The importance of ending the Group in the first place in big as it will permit avoid the relegated teams from Champions League. SInce the last final presence, every Braga opponents are more motivated, and this Braga is weaker than the last season. The coach is different and many players changed. Braga has several absences to this game and they had problems to call 18 players to this game. The team will try to find solutions adapting many players out of their natural positions and the win will be even more difficult to the Portuguese team.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Bet1: Happoel -0.5 @2.00 Expekt Bet2: Over 2.5 @2.00 SBO Last game for Legia this round and we can expect them to be relaxed this time. Already last league game showed how tired are they. Not only all viewers saw it but obviously coach as well. Now this is like tourist trip to Isreal, their website say a lot about their travels around there, to Jerozolima etc. How facinated players were. Clear thing, they are for sure 2nd in group and coach already said not only will give time for some bench players but as well might try different players on different positions. + they for sure miss regular cb Komorowski, captain cm Vrdoljak and key goal keeper Kuciak. Hosts seems to be playing with best possible squad for the time being (I read might miss 2 players, but I guess those two did not play in 3-0 win over Maccabi in league), should be motivated at home, they are supposed to be offensive and I liked this team a lot when in 1st leg played in Warszawa. 1st half back then it was very good play of them, dominated Legia and I was shocked it ended 3-2 for polish team as after first half I would not bet anything on it. Its all over for them as they can not advance but already in Bucharest last round they knew it and played professionally. Now at home and against not full and tired (they play almost same XI both cups and league) Legia I expect both home win and some goals. Good weather there and when I see they outplayed Haifa 3-0, I can see 3-0 3-1 again here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Hapoel - Legia Israeli team plays for the Uefa coefficient for his country. Like the previous match with Rapid, Hapoel will look to add another 3p. Maccabi got one in Kiev last night, 3-3. Bad home record at home in this competition shall come to an end when they are visited by Legia. 2-0, 3-1 Hapoel win @ 2.00 William Hill

It is unlikely that we will qualify and Redknapp does not care about this competition. For those two reasons I don't think he will gamble on qualification by playing a first choice team. It will be a mixture of young players (Townsend' date=' Carroll, Kane etc) and squad/bench players (Pienaar, Corluka etc). There might be a couple of first choice players, depending on their fitness, but I think it is very unlikely that it will be a full strength team. So I don't think there is much value on the odds for Spurs, handicap or otherwise. Depending on the exact team we play, I am not even sure we will win the game.[/quote'] Big bet on Tottenahm match supremacy @ 1.3 on the spread for me. It will be a reserve side with a smattering of first teamers, but that should be more than good enough. For a lot of these players if they lose and go out it will be their last game of the season so the effort will be there. It's Sham's manager Michael O'Neil's last game in charge as they couldn't agree a new contract (he's in the frame for the Northern Ireland job). Also the way the League of Ireland works a lot of the Rovers team will be on the dole tomorrow as contracts run until the end of the season. It will be a good atmosphere, but I think Tottenham may get the 4 or 5 they will need to have any chance of qualification.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Udinese> Celtic = 1 (1.57) / over (1.87) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Udinese position 2° points 8 Celtic position 3° points 5 Preview: Udinese: Injured: Paulo Barreto (forward 1 / 0), Maurizio Domizzi (defender 10 / 1); unavailable: Gabriel Torje (midfielder 10 / 0). Celtic: Injured: Glenn Loovens (defender 7 / 0), Kris Commons (midfielder 9 / 0), Adam Matthews (defender 13 / 0), Joe Ledley (midfielder 13 / 3), Mark Wilson (defender 6 / 0). Udinese has a score of w2-d2-l1 goals scored 5 goals against 6 while Celtic has a score of w1-d2-l2 goals scored 5 goals against 6. Udinese has two results in three to go through, even a draw would be enough to center the qualifying finals sixteenths, but nothing is obvious. Need a great performance in order to get rid of a good team like Celtic. The first leg at Celtic ended with the result of 1-1. The coach Guidolin said that tonight will face a team that is more used to playing big games in European competitions. Celtic are a team with good individual, with great rhythm and great temperament, that tonight will try to play all the chances remained available to try to spoil the party at the club Guidolin. At the end I think that many absences in the visiting team may field more than the factor may be that the Udinese win the game. Celtic have a winning streak of 4 games away from home. Celtic did not lose any of their last 6 away games. Udinese are unbeaten in 4 matches. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Guys please take note that nominations are now open for the Punters Lounge Oscars 2011. These are annual awards where members get to nominate the punter they feel has performed the best over the last year in their particular field. Nominations can be made here http://forum.punterslounge.com/f129/punters-lounge-oscar-nominations-here-124411/ Nominations are open until December 31st, at which point three of the most nominated punters in each category will be put to a very public vote for a further two weeks into the new year. No excuse not to get involved :ok :)