UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December A. Madrid looks like the banker today, as the team wins to secured first place. Of course draw will do the same but I can't see A Madrid not going for the win. Also coach's performance will be reviewed in Jan and he can't afford any more bad results (in Primera Div been doing badly). Another bad result could see him booted. My thoughts just from reading on net. Thoughts anyone?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December

Ok,forget about Metalist guys.Most of south americans didn't travel. No sosa,no taison,no cristaldo and i've got feeling that Metalist will play with one lonely striker Devich. Here is 17 player that traveled: G: Goryanov,Startsev,Dyshlenkovich D: Berezovchuk,Vilyagra,papa Guye,Obradovich,Pshenichnyh,Romanchuk,Tolsieri MF:Blanco,Valyaev,Edmar,Shelaev,Radchenko S:Budnik,Devich I don't think we will see many goals here.I still keep my bets above as AZ is too short and of Metal away record.The squad is not too bad.it looks More defensive.The only missing players are from middfield and strikers so drwa is possible.But there is no chance that Metalist will win-trust me
Might follow you on the unders in that case Mahno. One thing I was unsure of though is whether or not AZ need the win, or whether a draw would suffice. Assuming Austria Vienna can beat Malmo at home. As AZ and Austria Vienna drew 2-2 at home and away, my understanding is that it will come down to superior goal difference. AZ currently have a + 3 goal difference, while Austria Vienna have a - 3 goal difference. So unless there's a huge swing both ways, AZ will still progress with a draw, which could make the draw more of an option to take if Metalist are going to be a bit more dogged and defensive in their play. AZ might struggle to create chances and be happy with a point in the end.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December A.Madrid has serious internal problems, coach has a three matchs ultimatum, and I think although team win the three matchs, he will be fired. On the other hand, the attitude of some players in lasts matchs is being really bad, managers, coach and fans are really angry for this, and coach has a very bad relation ship with one of the best players in the team, Reyes. In last match in España, versus a weak team as Español, A.Madrid lost 3-0 in twenty minutes I am not saying that today they are not going to win, I only say that that the situation in the club is pretty bad, and I don't trust in them even a minimally

Hey McNasara! Very useful post' date= thank you!
Following are some news :cigar * O'Neill's (Shamrock Rovers) departure is confirmed ahead of the concluding Europa League group game with Spurs. Manager suggests that it wasn't an amicable parting. He's in contention to become the new manager of Northern Ireland. * Club Brugge have improved play with new coach Daum, but 1st gk Jorgacevic (gk of Serbia) is unavailable to play in European competitions. On the other hand, Braga will be without regular defenders Baiano and Paulo Vinicius for this match. * For PSV certainly won't play the best defenders Manolov and Bouma, and it's expected that some young players get the opportunity. Probably best player of Rapid mf Herea is injured. * Rubin is prepared in Spain and they arrived in Thessaloniki since two days ago. However they will be weakened for suspended Navas and Ryazantsev (important df and mf). * Austria from Vienna is in bad shape mainly cause of injured players: Grünwald (first gk), Leovac, Ortlechner, Rogulj (all df) are injured and mf Mader is doubtful.

I am not saying that today they are not going to win' date=' I only say that that the situation in the club is pretty bad, and I don't trust in them even a minimally[/quote'] Agree, club is in trouble because of large debts (over € 200 million), and already indicates change of coach due to poor results. Most likely candidates are Pantic (coach of Atletico B), Aragones (ex Spain) and Simeone (ex player of club).

Hey guys' date=' what in your opinion is the safest bet tonight? Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.[/quote'] There's no such thing. After a horrible night in which Dinamo Kiyv and Fulham (which both were favorites and had like 1.2 odds for HomeWin), I would say it's 'safe' to say no match tonight is 'safe'. I'm going to go on a double of Shamrock Rovers to score - 1.60 @Gamebookers Metallist to score - 1.55 @Gamebookers I'm going on these 2 simply because they represent the exact opposite of what everyone expects to happen tonight. Most people i know I are going for Spurs and AZ to win. But I think Spurs don't care about the competition anymore and will conceive goals, while Metallist is simply better then AZ and also should score. Look at the bright side: if I loose, then most people will win :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Austria Vienna - Malmö

• Metalist have clinched the group and Malmö are out. • AZ, in second, are two points ahead of Austria and would be through with a win. • Austria must win and hope AZ lose, or if Alkmaar draw the Vienna side need to overhaul a goal difference deficit of six. If they finish level on goal difference and goals scored, AZ have the higher coefficient. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1730574.html
So this is a must win game for Austria Austria's manager is known for offensive football Austria are probably going to miss two of their best defenders, which will make it easier for Malmö to get shots on target over 2.5 @ 1.70 bwin odds are not great but acceptable in my opinion

Slight question I'll ask for an opinion regarding PAOK V Rubin - Does finishing 1st really hold any precedence for either side?
You'd imagine they'd want to get an easier draw in the next round. I know they're both taking the competition seriously. But maybe someone from Greece/Russia can enlighten us further.

Udinese v Celtic The İtalian side is very strong at home, and here will just one team qualif to the next round..I believe that team is Udinese..A draw is for Udinese enouge for the next round. Because this Celtic must play for everthing,and that's mean to Udinese many goal changes.. Home Win
I didn't realise only one team qualified - is that 100%? Surely changes the dynamic of the Ath Madrid game reasoning as well?

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Udinese - Celtic
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.75
Reasoning Last round of the group stage. Udinese are second in the group with 8 points, atl.Madrid 1st with 10 points, and Celtic are third, 3 points behind Udinese. The italian side have been very impressive in Serie A so far, and there is no secret that EL is not their main priority and they have rested many of their first eleven players so far in the competition. Todays match is no exception and they will start pretty much with the same players that got the draw away to Celtic. The scotts seem more motivated in this competition but the result have not shown that. They will push today as a win will see them take over the second spot from Udinese on better H2H stats. Celtic will miss Loovens and a couple of other important players. Guidolin will certainly look to take advantage of their position, and go to the next round. And he will have the likes of Di Natale etc, to jump in if they fall behind. Udinese have tried to go thru without sacrifising to much from domestic league and their first eleven. A draw will be enough here. And as I dont see them winning against a very motivated - but, often un effective - Celtic side. I see the draw here as the most probable bet.

Slight question I'll ask for an opinion regarding PAOK V Rubin - Does finishing 1st really hold any precedence for either side?
I think the money make some difference, PAOK, have looked great so far in EL. And with the state of their finances - country - and the size of the club. I belive they wont lose this one. The home side have been very effective, composed and enjoying the competition. At home for the fans, and the money (even if its a smal amount - its relatively...) I think value is on home side....imho

Might follow you on the unders in that case Mahno. One thing I was unsure of though is whether or not AZ need the win' date=' or whether a draw would suffice. Assuming Austria Vienna can beat Malmo at home. As AZ and Austria Vienna drew 2-2 at home and away, my understanding is that it will come down to superior goal difference. AZ currently have a + 3 goal difference, while Austria Vienna have a - 3 goal difference. So unless there's a huge swing both ways, AZ will still progress with a draw, which could make the draw more of an option to take if Metalist are going to be a bit more dogged and defensive in their play. AZ might struggle to create chances and be happy with a point in the end.[/quote'] As far as i know AZ need a win only unless Austria will fail to win

You'd imagine they'd want to get an easier draw in the next round. I know they're both taking the competition seriously. But maybe someone from Greece/Russia can enlighten us further.
fcuking hell UEFA sure love to complicate matters :eek I've come to the conclusion that neither side will be thinking about finishing first or second. There are just too many permutations, and the twelve winners will be drawn against the 12 runners up, including the CL drops outs and a few other rules like teams from the same nation not being able to play each other etc. So it would be virtually impossible for either side to think in that way as the first or second place team could still come up against a CL drop out. Not sure what the difference in financial terms is between finishing first or second, but would there be much in it, and would it likely be a deciding factor :unsure It is odd we'd see the draw priced under three in the Europa league. Usually you see these odds in Italy.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League#Prize_money There is no prize money given to first and second finishers in the group stage. Just bonuses given for reaching the group stage, round of 32 etc. You get 60,000 EURO just for playing a game. A victory nets you 140,000 EURO, and a draw gets you 70,000 EURO. These are 2010/11 figures though.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Hapoel TA v Legia Warsaw Match is without competitive importance and both teams have defensive absences. I expect open game at a very good weather, home team want to make happy their fans at Bloomfield stadium and away side to successfully complete this year. See some goals here... over 2,5 @2.00 unibet, Stan James 2/10 ------------------------------------------ Udinese v Celtic Game of day for me. Celtic need "only" to win if they want to progress. Udine will go to the next round even with a draw tonight. Both teams play a very good recently, but Celtic have won only once in 32 European away games inthe past seven years. Scottish clubs, meanwhile, have rustled up one victory in all of their 32 assignments on Italian soil across 54 years. On the other hand, Italians are very good in Europe this season (Inter, Milan, Napoli and Lazio will play in the spring), and all expect that Udinese join them. But low ticket sales (7,000 yesterday) indicates that interest of fans is a bit. Home team have all wins at their Friuli where they conceded only two goals in 7 Seria A games. But bad news is that must play two big games in the next 7 days, against Lazio and Juventus, so I believe that players won't be fully focused tonight. Top scorer Di Natale will probably start game on the bench. On the other hand, Lennon will be without injured Matthews, Loovens, Commons and Ledley. Wilson is back in defense while Izaguirre is fit, but likely won't play. Hoops have improved form and raised team moral. Although they need win, will play without pressure. Most powerful part of team's offensive with Hooper, Stokes, Samaras, Forest... and I see them how to score against three man defense Udinese. Course, host will play to a favorable result, maybe to win, but without Di Natale (at least 1st half) see chance for the Bhoys. I won't longer, in my view this is a good value, but for mini stake... 2dnb @4,68 nordic 1/10

fcuking hell UEFA sure love to complicate matters :eek I've come to the conclusion that neither side will be thinking about finishing first or second. There are just too many permutations, and the twelve winners will be drawn against the 12 runners up, including the CL drops outs and a few other rules like teams from the same nation not being able to play each other etc. So it would be virtually impossible for either side to think in that way as the first or second place team could still come up against a CL drop out. Not sure what the difference in financial terms is between finishing first or second, but would there be much in it, and would it likely be a deciding factor :unsure It is odd we'd see the draw priced under three in the Europa league. Usually you see these odds in Italy.
Okay, I didn't realise it was as complicated as that. I thought the winners would play a team who finished 2nd in the group stage, and the losers would play either a team who finished top or a CL drop out.

Well, it actually does matter a bit, because the group winners avoid the 4 best 3rd placed CL teams (i.e., Man Utd, Man City, Olympiakos, Valencia) in the next round. They can be drawn against Porto, Ajax, Plzen and Trabzonspor though.

well, i'm from neither countries but i think they would just draw the game and qualify together. The odds for draw is a little low in that game(not to mention fishy and i heard there are large moving amounts involved) but hey, upsets can happen anytime and it's a risky bet.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December Atletico Madrid vs Rennes - Over 3.5 @ 16/5 - Stan James Gregorio Manzano is under pressure to get a result out of this match and I think the home side will come out firing on all cylinders. They were three down against Espanyol after 20 minutes at the weekend, and only a performance here will go someway to restoring a little bit of faith in this team. Their last seven domestic games have seen a total of 29 goals which is quite a gut load. Rennes will rest the majority of their first team but the boys coming in to replace them have been told to use this game as an opportunity to impress Frédéric Antonetti. They are desperate for a win here, even though it means absolutely nothing in terms of the Europa League, but I just can't see them travelling to Spain and sitting back so I'm expecting an open game tonight. Atleti don't have to win to progress but I don't think a team of their stature and in their current circumstances, will play out a draw. Rennes are looking to impress and have absolutely nothing to lose. 16/5 is pretty big in my opinion.

Event Shamrock Rovers - Tottenham
Selection Over 3.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.63
Reasoning Tottenham will come to Ireland to attack, score goals and hope for a miracle in the other game. Defoe, Krancjar, Sandro and Ekotto are all set to take part into this game. Danny Rose will start as the lone striker, most likely with Defoe behind him. There's no reason why this game should be boring, Shamrock aren't able to keep a clean sheet for long. They've conceded in all 5 games played in this group at least 2 goals. But at the same time they score in 4 of those games, which is good news for us. 3-1 losses to Paok and Tottenham. 3-0 and 4-1 defeats by Rubin and 2-1 defeat in Greece at Paok. Truth is they play better on the road than at home. They open up more in front of their own fans, and once they are down a goal they have the instinct to attack,and allow their opponents more spaces. Tottenham already beat Heart earlier this season by 5-0 in an away game. I see no reason why another high scoring game shouldn't be on the cards here, since neither team have anything to defend.

Event Shamrock Rovers - Tottenham
Selection Over 3.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.63
Reasoning Tottenham will come to Ireland to attack, score goals and hope for a miracle in the other game. Defoe, Krancjar, Sandro and Ekotto are all set to take part into this game. Danny Rose will start as the lone striker, most likely with Defoe behind him. There's no reason why this game should be boring, Shamrock aren't able to keep a clean sheet for long. They've conceded in all 5 games played in this group at least 2 goals. But at the same time they score in 4 of those games, which is good news for us. 3-1 losses to Paok and Tottenham. 3-0 and 4-1 defeats by Rubin and 2-1 defeat in Greece at Paok. Truth is they play better on the road than at home. They open up more in front of their own fans, and once they are down a goal they have the instinct to attack,and allow their opponents more spaces. Tottenham already beat Heart earlier this season by 5-0 in an away game. I see no reason why another high scoring game shouldn't be on the cards here, since neither team have anything to defend.
I don't think Danny Rose will start as a lone striker; he is a left back or left midfield player and has never played up front before.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 15th December "You cannot beat the bookmakers" PAOK v Rubin Kazan 3.30 - 2.25 - 2.90 William Hill Draw.. written all over this one (If Tottenham wins with big margin), since 02.12 (13 days prior start) the russian bookie Betcity set 2.10 for a draw. Shamrock v Tottenham 8.00 - 4.50 - 1.40 Bet365 Tottenham will do what it is necesary and.. wait for Paok to get a win over tatars. After 45 minutes Spurs might lead 3-0. With the bookmaker Sportingbet: * First half: Over 1.5 goals @ 2.40 / Total match: Over 3.5 goals @ 2.55 * First half: Tottenham -0.5 @ 1.82 Bet365 - A lots to say here, from my point of view: # Maybe Tottenham will burn some coupons here and lose at this very weak side, Shamrock. Then, it is unlikely a draw will happen in the match Paok - Rubin, Paok Draw No Bet at evens (Rubin dont have games experience, and they meet a very good greek side - the similar to yesterday match Anderlecht - Lokomotiv 5-3) # The tatars lost 0-1 in London with Tottenham, a game that was gived as fixed by one of the most known russian cappers (for Russian Premier League), Dmit..ci. In the reverse what happened is pretty clear, Rubin won back 3p with the exact score 1-0 and Tottenham failed to score a single corner or.. a shoot on target. Rubin played 2-2 at home with Paok, finishing second it wont be such a problem. Doubles, according to the scenario: A. 1+2 / Bet365 / Odds: 4.30 1. PAOK - Rubin : PAOK (0) 2.15 2. Shamrock - Tottenham: 1x 2.00 B. 3+4 / Bet365 / Odds: 8.52 3. PAOK - Rubin: Draw @ 2.40 4. Shamrock - Tottenham: Tottenham -2.5 @ 3.55 -------------------------------------------------------- Hannover v Vorksla It is well know ukrainian team get a lots of cards when play in the european competion, a clear prouve by Dinamo Kiev yesterday. This fixture played in Ukraine, produced a lots of cards, shouldnt be different today. Vorskla coach will give space to the players with less minutes this season. Hapoel Tel Aviv v Legia -already posted preview AZ Alkmar v Metalist Kharkiv Not once in this group AZ burn a lots of coupons, because of unexpected.. draws. Against an ukrainian team that has many players unavailable from midfield and attack, anything but a convincing win shall be considered surprise.. right? But.. draw, is what AZ needs tonight. So, draw @ 4.25 Unibet Penalty, Red Card... forgot, Metalist are from Ukraine. Club Brugge v Braga Well, this Brugge side made some money from the past game: Maribor - Brugge 3-4. After leading 3-0 Maribor with 20 min to end, belgians scored 4 and won. Santa Clauss came early for the Brugge players and all staff - I adviced in the Live thread for the European Competitions at that time, during break when Maribor were leading 1-0, to bet on Brugge @ 4.75 - my bad didnt had patience to pick odds 101.00 when the score was 3-0 for the slovenian side. 1. Brugge 10p 11:8 2. Braga 10p 11:5 3. Birmingham 7p 7:8 4. Maribor 1p 6:14 I dont agree with odds for draw, 2.65 . A draw suits Brugge, but for Braga it means they play with a team that finished 3rd in the Champions League. Braga to play to the end and try to win in Belgium. Portuguese are in the next stage no matter result of this encounter, because of h2h with Birmingham - this is why in my oppinion they play for win, even with a weakened line. Open game Birmingham v Maribor Maribor are on target, "trend" with english team shall continue after Fulham - Odense 2-2. We are talking about an english team, not russian. Maribor to score goal With regards, Abdelmalik Safin - Russian Football Expert tipping on the World's Best Betting Forum, The Punters Lounge uePCg.png

Event Birmingham - Maribor
Selection over 2.5 goals
Strength 3/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 1.85
Reasoning Birmingham will search for the win tonigth, and will hope Braqga to overplay Brugge in Belgium, to win progress to the next stage. Birmingham wont play in europe soon, so all players and fans will give their best to finishd their european road on the most proper way. Birmigham is strong home side with 4-3-0 in their last 7 matches here. They scored at least a goal in 11 of their last 12 home matches, but also made 4 straight times goal/goal option here. Hosts will miss 2 regular defenders tonight. Maribor finished their season in Slovenia and will be well prepared and focused only on this game tonight, searching for first european win. Maribor concede a lot of goals , making goal festival last rounds , fist losing from Brugge at home after leading with 3:0, game finished 3:4. And before that in Portugal losing with 5:1 from Braga. Maribor will miss players in defense too. I expect goals here

Event AZ - Metalist
Selection AZ(-1)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 3/10
Date 15/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.76
Reasoning AZ will field strong line up, as they are just 2 points more than 3rd placed Austria Wien and will need the full pack of points tonight to secure their progress to the next stage of the competition. AZ is still unbeaten in the group with 1 win and 4 draws. AZ is strong home side with 10-2-0 in their last 12 home games here, beating with 2 or mroe goals in 9 of these 10 wins. AZ got quite strong defense lately, with 4 striaght clean sheets at home. Metalist done their job and they will remain group leaders even after loss today. Their best and key players - the south americans, were set in vacation already and Metalist will play with something like B squad today in Holland. Metalist will be without : Fininho (18/4) Cleiton Xavier (captain, 24/9) José Ernesto Sosa (23/6) Juan Manuel Torres (def. 21/0) Taison (att,23/6) Jonathan Cristaldo (att. 25/10) I expect vacation mood in the guests squad, and also with such misses I cant see AZ losing this one at home