England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December

Spooner

Wednesday 7 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hull City v Birmingham City (19:45 GMT) 2.48 3.45 3.25 100.08 %
Saturday 10 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Southampton v Blackpool (12:45 GMT) 1.62 4.3 6.02 101.60 %
maximize.gif Birmingham City v Doncaster Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.7 3.9 5.75 101.86 %
maximize.gif Burnley v Portsmouth (15:00 GMT) 2.1 3.5 4 101.19 %
maximize.gif Coventry City v Hull City (15:00 GMT) 3 3.45 2.64 100.20 %
maximize.gif Derby County v Bristol City (15:00 GMT) 2.58 3.5 3 100.66 %
maximize.gif Leicester City v Peterborough United (15:00 GMT) 1.66 4.2 5.67 101.45 %
maximize.gif Middlesbrough v Brighton & Hove Albion (15:00 GMT) 1.92 3.5 4.6 102.39 %
maximize.gif Millwall v Cardiff City (15:00 GMT) 2.74 3.4 2.92 100.15 %
maximize.gif Nottingham Forest v Crystal Palace (15:00 GMT) 2.05 3.45 4.2 101.58 %
maximize.gif Reading v West Ham (15:00 GMT) 2.76 3.5 2.8 100.52 %
maximize.gif Watford v Leeds United (15:00 GMT) 2.8 3.55 2.6 102.34 %
maximize.gif Barnsley v Ipswich Town (17:20 GMT) 2.14 3.5 3.75 101.97

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December

That price on Barnsley looks very appealing!
Surely there must be some sort of catch? Barnsley are on a great run of form at the moment, winning their last four at home, hosting an Ipswich side that have lost seven on the bounce. Surely there's something missing here?

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December I think it's down to the unpredicatable nature of teams in the Championship. Apart from on Doncaster and Blackpool, see how tight the prices are. They're just a reflection of the short range of points most teams fall into in the league table.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December West Ham look great value with their 7-2-1 away record. They only lost to leaders Southampton. Reading at home are 3-4-3 and are able to pull a draw with top teams (Saints, Borough) so maybe DNB on Hammers at 1,9 at William Hill should be taken. Would be good if someone could provide some team news for this fixture as this is my weak side.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December

West Ham look great value with their 7-2-1 away record. They only lost to leaders Southampton. Reading at home are 3-4-3 and are able to pull a draw with top teams (Saints' date=' Borough) so maybe DNB on Hammers at 1,9 at William Hill should be taken. Would be good if someone could provide some team news for this fixture as this is my weak side.[/quote'] Betfair have Reading at 2.74 and West Ham at 2.84, which I can't really understand. They have West Ham DNB at 1.99 Records so far this season: Reading at home: 3/4/3 West Ham away: 7/2/1 I think West Ham are clear favourites, and should be around 2.0 with Reading over 3.0.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December I like WH too, but we must wait for some fresh news regarding possible absentees. I have never seen a game of Bristol City, but according to your writings in the previous weeks, they are interesting to me. Having heard that "Maynard is the best striker in this league" and not trusting myself Derby at all, I think that Bristol not to lose is a good choice. Any similar opinions?

That's what I'm thinking? Are there any injuries or suspensions on Hammers' side? Are the bookies overlooking something or are we?
Good questions - we should get some team news tomorrow (Friday). But even if West Ham are missing one or two players, I think they have the stronger squad.

I like WH too, but we must wait for some fresh news regarding possible absentees. I have never seen a game of Bristol City, but according to your writings in the previous weeks, they are interesting to me. Having heard that "Maynard is the best striker in this league" and not trusting myself Derby at all, I think that Bristol not to lose is a good choice. Any similar opinions?
Bristol City are much improved under Derek McInnes but I wouldn't write off Derby just yet. Before the Crystal Palace V Derby game I went on a long rant about how terrible Derby are and that Clough is a poor manager but they showed no signs of that during the Palace game. Derby work hard and have some nice approach play, their biggest problem is lacking a focal point in attack. I think they have some important injuries in the striker positions so it's understandable. It would appear Clough can still fire up his team so I expect them to make life difficult for Bristol City. A hard game to predict but if I had to bet on 1X2 I would say it will end with X.

Betfair have Reading at 2.74 and West Ham at 2.84, which I can't really understand. They have West Ham DNB at 1.99 Records so far this season: Reading at home: 3/4/3 West Ham away: 7/2/1 I think West Ham are clear favourites, and should be around 2.0 with Reading over 3.0.
i think the odds for west ham is so because they lost their last match to burnley and reading is not too bad at home, only losing to cardiff and able to draw with top teams like southampton. I fancy a west ham or draw over here.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December Reading lost to Cardiff, Watford and one more side at home. But I get your point about being able to draw with top sides. Still Southampton's away record is nowhere near WHU's. I think it's up to Allardyce's tactics where they feel better when they don't have to attack.

That's what I'm thinking? Are there any injuries or suspensions on Hammers' side? Are the bookies overlooking something or are we?
Re. Reading v West Ham Skysports' preview says that Reading will have McAnuff back after he missed their last game through suspension. And West Ham could be without Matt Taylor http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3408285,00.html I don't think either of these justify West Ham's odds being so long, because McAnuff was only off for one game, and Taylor has been out for a while for West Ham.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December For me the outstanding bet in the Championship is West Ham AH0 2.03 (Pinnacle). It´s been mentioned before that Reading is solid at home but if you take a closer look at the teams they beat at home (Doncaster, Birmingham, Peterborough) it becomes clear that they will have problems with West Ham who are dangerous away (scored 18, conceding only 5). Besides that West Ham recently kept clean sheets at Hull, Brighton and Middlesbrough. So I doubt that Reading can expect much more than a draw. The AH0 is just perfect. Another bet I fancy is the HT AH0 on Hull at Coventry (1.86 sbobet). Hull are always dangerous away and on a small run, managed to beat Leicester and Birmingham at home...if you examine their away stats you´ll find out that they received only 2 goals from 10 until HT. Coventry at home scored only 2 from 11 until HT. That´s why I would leave the FT result aside...

Middlesbrough-Brighton Brighton look set to be without regular full-backs Inigo Calderon and Marcos Painter for the trip to the north east.
Boro look short at 10/11 anyway. Brighton's results form looks good but their performances haven't merited this. A good side is going to give them a mauling sooner or later.

Bristol City are much improved under Derek McInnes but I wouldn't write off Derby just yet. Before the Crystal Palace V Derby game I went on a long rant about how terrible Derby are and that Clough is a poor manager but they showed no signs of that during the Palace game. Derby work hard and have some nice approach play' date=' their biggest problem is lacking a focal point in attack. I think they have some important injuries in the striker positions so it's understandable. It would appear Clough can still fire up his team so I expect them to make life difficult for Bristol City. A hard game to predict but if I had to bet on 1X2 I would say it will end with X.[/quote'] Think the result against Palace flattered Derby a bit as Palace had come through playing extra time against Man Utd a couple of days earlier, I thimk a much improved Bristol City can get a result here!!!!

Think the result against Palace flattered Derby a bit as Palace had come through playing extra time against Man Utd a couple of days earlier' date=' I thimk a much improved Bristol City can get a result here!!!![/quote'] Perhaps but Derby V Bristol City is still a tough one to call in my humble opinion.

Event Barnsley - Ipswich
Selection Barnsley
Strength 10/10
Date 10/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.05
Reasoning Beside the doubt of the defender Jay McEveley, injured in the game against Peterborough, Barnsley has no injury concerns neither suspended players to this game. Due to be the third league game in this week, Barnsley coach may rest a couple of players to face Ipswich, but it is not certain he will do it. Barnsley is already in the ninth place, after four consecutive wins, and they are just three points behind the play-off zone. The captain Grant Leadbitter and the defender Ivar Ingimarsson are out of today's Ipswich game and this is not a good new for a team which has seven defeats in a row. They are making the worst season since they were relegated from the Premiership in 1995.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December I use Peterborough for BTS bets fairly often and over 3.5 but i don't trust them at times against the very top sides . Against mid-table and bottom sides 3 or 4 goals is always more likely. Can see Leicester limiting their attacking whilst i don't have huge faith in Leicester to get tons of goals when they are expected to.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December 3 bets for today: Millwall v Cardiff - Cardiff to win 17/10 @ William Hill Cardiff flying at moment and value in price to win. Never easy at The Den but they have lost twice at home. Cardiff unbeaten in 10. Milddlesborough v Brighton -Middlesborough to win 10/11 @ William Hill. Just 1 home defeat, and that to West Ham. I think Brighton's position slightly false as had a run of not too difficult games. Watford v Leeds - Leeds to win 13/8 @ William Hill Leeds starting put in some decent away performances and worth a punt at Watford, who have only won 4 of their 10 home games so far.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December Birmingham v Doncaster +1 (AH) @ 1.825 bet365 I quite like Birmingham this season but I don't think being in the Europa league has done them any favours. Doncaster are being priced up here like a bottom of the table side which of course they are. But I have said before that I expect a bit of an improval from this Doncaster side with the players they have signed. And last week they duley obliged by beating league leaders Southampton 2-0 albeit at home. It is obviously going to be more difficult for Donny away from home but they seem to be improving in defence and i think they will make it tough for brum. I'm hoping Doncaster will earn a draw here but if they do lose, we have got the 1 goal cushion in our favour and will only lose money if brum win by 2 or more. With an upturn in form, i will be siding with Doncaster to get something against a decent Birmingham side. Burnley v Portsmouth +0.5 (AH) @ 1.90 Bet365 Burnley have picked up some good results recently and seem to be improving. Portsmouth have a very porr record on the road but with a new manager in place, i'm hoping he will be able to put a stop to that. I think these two sides arer fairly similar ability wise and if anything, i would just give pompey the edge. Burnley have the home advantage, but with the +0.5 handicap on side, I like the chances of pompey getting something from this game. Watford v Leeds @ 2.75 Boylesports Leeds are really hitting some good form now but I really feel Watford are being underestimated here. The hornets are picking up a bit of form themselves and 2.75 at home is good price on them in my opinion.

Boro look short at 10/11 anyway. Brighton's results form looks good but their performances haven't merited this. A good side is going to give them a mauling sooner or later.
I totally agree with this beat the bottom team, robbed Derby and edged out a poor forest team in what was apparently a game devoid of quality. I cant bring myself to punt odds on in the championship but I do fancy Boro Im a Southampton layer as well 1.61 on BF looks extremely tight to me for the team who were beaten by arguably the worst team in the league last week, Lambert not certain to start and :hope I think Blackpool can give them enough to think about at the prices

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December Birmigham vs Doncaster Rovers Birmingham is a very balanced team and is going to win this one. They are a team with good defensive play and can hold the Doncaster's horses in the penalty area. Doncaster will try to opose here the defeat. Although, the game is a tight one ans I prefer to go on goals in this call. I think the win over the Saints may give them some courage and I recommend you to go this way. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 >Paddy Power Burnley vs Portsmouth The Clarets tend to become a high scoring team at home, but against a team like Portsmouth that is an underish side, I expect to have not high scoring game. Despite the fact that Paterson and Austin are coming from injuries, I expect them not to replace Rodriguez and Vokes which are playing good. Defender Hreidarson is also back from an injury and will boost the Pompey defensive. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 >Paddy Power Coventry City vs Hull City I do not believe in the fact that Coventry is the worse side in Championship and I expect them to get points. Therefor I will avoid once more getting asians or straight bets. The goals is the best option even here. Hull stayed in this interval in 4 of the ;ast 5 games, while Coventry also. What is important to know is that both sides scored and conceded in every game in last 4 for Hull and last 5 for Coventry. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.90 >Paddy Power