England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December Leicester City vs Peterborough Peterborough will be hard to be beaten here. Leicester tries to become an underish side as it was Hull City under Nigel Pearson who likes very much the tight defensive play and good possession when attacking. But the Posh will not come here tripping will want positive results I think will some goals and I pray to be more than 3. over 2.75 goals @ 1.80 with Canbet

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December Watford vs Leeds United Initially I wanted to take Leeds DNB, but I think Watford can beat them with propper game play. Leeds are a good side away, but they are not Barcelona. Watford made some good games home and can produce a surprise (to me). Therefor I go straight in the over/under are. Both teams are looking good in attack and shaky in defensive. Simon Cormakc eyes a win here so he must come up with a side that is capable of scoring goals as this is not an easy to tame venue! over 2.5 goals @2.05 with Instant Action Sports

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December Reading vs West Ham The fact that west Ham won last 4 games away intrigues me a lot. They are a good side, but the constancy is not a championship characteristic. So I fear of this game and avoid to take even DNB. But the goals line is always a good thing to go on with so let's try. Reading played really good so far at home and won against Birmingham and Peterborogh. west Ham have been good in defensive on away games haven't conceded in last 4, but I do expect that to happen now! 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 >Paddy Power

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December

Reading vs West Ham The fact that west Ham won last 4 games away intrigues me a lot. They are a good side, but the constancy is not a championship characteristic. So I fear of this game and avoid to take even DNB. But the goals line is always a good thing to go on with so let's try. Reading played really good so far at home and won against Birmingham and Peterborogh. west Ham have been good in defensive on away games haven't conceded in last 4, but I do expect that to happen now! 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 >Paddy Power
Big Sam is a decent manager even in the PL, was even considered for England post, so it won't surprise me if the run continues.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Championship > 7th & 10th December

Birmingham v Doncaster +1 (AH) @ 1.825 bet365 I quite like Birmingham this season but I don't think being in the Europa league has done them any favours. Doncaster are being priced up here like a bottom of the table side which of course they are. But I have said before that I expect a bit of an improval from this Doncaster side with the players they have signed. And last week they duley obliged by beating league leaders Southampton 2-0 albeit at home. It is obviously going to be more difficult for Donny away from home but they seem to be improving in defence and i think they will make it tough for brum. I'm hoping Doncaster will earn a draw here but if they do lose, we have got the 1 goal cushion in our favour and will only lose money if brum win by 2 or more. With an upturn in form, i will be siding with Doncaster to get something against a decent Birmingham side. Burnley v Portsmouth +0.5 (AH) @ 1.90 Bet365 Burnley have picked up some good results recently and seem to be improving. Portsmouth have a very porr record on the road but with a new manager in place, i'm hoping he will be able to put a stop to that. I think these two sides arer fairly similar ability wise and if anything, i would just give pompey the edge. Burnley have the home advantage, but with the +0.5 handicap on side, I like the chances of pompey getting something from this game. Watford v Leeds @ 2.75 Boylesports Leeds are really hitting some good form now but I really feel Watford are being underestimated here. The hornets are picking up a bit of form themselves and 2.75 at home is good price on them in my opinion.
Doncaster let in a late goal to lose 2-1 so money back. Porsmouth won with a last minute winner bringing home a winner. Watford were 1-0 up, missed a penalty, then conceeded a penalty in the 5th bloody minute of injury time so ended up 1-1:wall

Reading 3 West Ham 0. I guess the bookies knew what they were doing then. ;)
That's one conclusion you could draw, but I don't think it necessarily follows. Burnley were favourites to beat Portsmouth, Barnsley were favourites to beat Ipswich, and Forest were favourites to beat Crystal Palace, but each of these favourites lost. So did the bookies 'know what they were doing' in these games? If you'd backed one of these three outsiders and won, would you be saying the bookies 'knew what they were doing'? I listened to some of the game. According to the BBC radio commentary, the first half was even, but Reading dominated the second half, helped by West Ham having two players sent off. Here are two reports - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/16014905.stm http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Reading-3-0-West-Ham-match-report-Simon-Church-grabs-a-brace-as-the-Royals-sink-nine-man-Hammers-article841717.html