Spooner

Tuesday 22 November 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Stourbridge v Plymouth Argyle (19:15 GMT) 4.2 3.5 2 102.38 %
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Maidenhead United (19:45 GMT) 1.3 5.5 12 103.44 %
maximize.gif Gillingham v AFC Bournemouth (19:45 GMT) 2.6 3.4 2.75 104.24 %
maximize.gif Grimsby Town v Port Vale (19:45 GMT) 3.36 3.5 2.3 101.81 %
maximize.gif Oxford City v Redbridge (19:45 GMT) 1.66 4.33 6.5 98.46 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v AFC Wimbledon (19:45 GMT) 1.8 3.6 5.5 101.52 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Preston North End (19:45 GMT) 2.26 3.3 3.28 105.04 %
maximize.gif Tamworth v Hinckley United (19:45 GMT) 1.57 4 6 105.30 %
maximize.gif Wrexham v Cambridge United (19:45 GMT) 2.02 3.6 4.75 98.34 %
Wednesday 23 November 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Bath City v Dagenham & Redbridge (19:15 GMT) 3.49 3.5 2.25 101.67 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Exeter City (19:45 GMT) 2.25 3.4 3.2 105.11 %

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November First post but looking at the prices for the replays the 10/3 with Stan James for my local side Stourbridge to beat Plymouth on Tuesday night at home looks generous (Skybet have them 19/10). I was at the first game and the least they deserved was the replay. Stourbridge are scoring for fun at the moment (45 goals in last 12 games) and Plymouth look vulnerable - there werent many cup shocks in the initial ties and I feel this could be the one this time round.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Based on the fact that of Plymouth's last 8 games, 6 have been >2.5 goals and Stourbridge have gone over in their last 10 games in all competitions, the 4/6 on the overs looks appealing. I think the replay may be very similar to the original tie which finished 3-3 and would also therefore fancy both teams to score at 8/13.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November A couple of spread trades on the live game tonight: first, as Plankton Boy points out, goals looks good tonight, and I'm risking a buy on total goals at 3 with Sporting. Plymouth Argyle seem some way short of being a coherent side, and I'm sure they'll struggle at times against a very lively attacking Stourbridge. Recent make-up in Stourbridge matches across all first-team competitions has been 4, 6, 6, 6, 5, 3 and 5 (two minor cup games in that sequence have made up 6 and 7). Their best defence is generally to keep the ball at the other end, but they will be vulnerable to quick counters, which Plymouth should be able to mount more effectively than the teams Stourbridge are used to. A riskier play - as they didn't win any corners in the first tie - is a buy of Stourbridge's multi-corners at 7 with Sporting. They have width and they like to attack and the pitch tonight will be zippy. I fancy them to win a few tonight against a Plymouth defence that is sure to be unsettled at times. Plymouth have conceded 5, 9, 7, 6 and 8 corners in the last five away games (admittedly against some good sides). There are a couple of player goal minute trades that appeal, but I'll wait for Spreadex's list to appear before committing.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Gillingham vs Bournemouth Do not think that the Cherries will not win here. They should have done it in the previous leg but they were leveled by Kedwell in the very last minute of the game. Now they will come again with their away force and will be easier to do it. They are better away than home even in League One. Expect from them a win tonight in normal time! away win @ 3.00 with Pinnacle Sports Grimsby vs Port Vale It is clear that the Vaillants are suffering upfront, but I do not see either Grimsby threatening their net. Away side is a solid team in League Two and will show that tonight. They need a win to boost their morale, 3 matches without a goal scored and that has been seen in their recent results: no win in last 4 games. Expect for goals from Port Vale and a win! away win @ 2.31 with 5Dimes Southend vs Preston North-End Striker Mellor Iain Hume and Jamie Proctor will be the Preston attacking forwards, with the last two recovering from injuries. Southend manager said that he will make changes in his squad and I expect Preston to get back on winning ways NOW. They are 9 win less games and fell till the 15th spot in league One. This game will be treated with maximum attention as they need to prepare the following games and to build the strategies with a good morale. Away win is the call! @ 3.46 with 5Dimes

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Aldershot v Maidenhead Those of you who read my non-league stuff will know I have opposed Maidenhead in their last couple of Blue Square South games as their league form is awful at the moment and they duly lost again on Saturday 4-2 to Weston-Super-Mare. The point I keep making is that in the FA Cup they seem to become a different side however and have had some cracking results in the competition so far, including the first game against Aldershot. They were arguably a little unlucky not to beat them at the first time of asking and although maybe that is their chance gone I don’t think they deserve to be 11/1 (Boylesports and VC) to gain a victory over their local rivals. Aldershot lost again on Saturday and if they play like they did in the first game then an upset could well be on the cards. At the odds I’m happy to take a small risk on Maidenhead. Tamworth v Hinckley Having backed Tamworth in the first game I am switching over to Hinckley for the replay. Again Hinckley seem to be like Maidenhead in that their cup form has been better than their league efforts, although they have at least picked up a couple of draws since the first game, including a point against Blue Square North leaders Hyde. Given Hinckley played most of the second half with just 10 men Tamworth really should have beaten them and not have to come from behind twice to force a replay. Tamworth were poor against Kettering in the league on Friday and only started playing once Kettering went down to 10 men. Like in the Hinckley game it was the keeper who was sent off, but Kettering didn’t have a sub keeper on the bench and I think this was the only reason they got a point. I think Tamworth are in a little bit of a rut at the moment and it would be no surprise to me if Hinckley can gain a victory here, just as they did against Darlington in the previous round. Bet 365, VC and Boylesports all go 5/1 on an away win. Bath v Dagenham &Redbridge ESPN are showing two replays this week. Tuesday sees Stourbridge host Plymouth and I must admit I was half tempted to back Plymouth at even money and if they drift anymore then I might well get involved. I am however backing Bath in the live game on Wednesday evening. I was on Bath in the first tie and the reasons I gave that day haven’t really changed so I am happy to get involved again. Bath went to the in-form team of the Blue Square Premier on Saturday and nearly came away with a victory but ended up losing 2-1 thanks to two very late goals. Dagenham also faced an in-form team in League 2 in Southend and performed with credit to only lose 3-2. The thing you have to remember though is there was a bug going through the Southend team in the run-up to the game and I think that gave Dagenham more of a chance than they would have had normally. I believe Dagenham would be midtable at best if they were in the Blue Square Premier this season and, as I said before the first game, Bath seem to be showing more fight right now so there isn’t a great deal between these two sides. VC and bet365 are best about a home win at 12/5.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Spreadex's player goal minute quotes are out for the live game tonight and there's an arb on Plymouth's Simon Walton - 10 to buy at Sporting and 11 to sell at Spreadex. There is a very slight danger that the experienced midfielder will be asked to fill in at the back, but if he starts in the middle I think he's a credible buy at 10. He's notched a number of times this season and may be the nominated pen taker tonight. The other player I favoured was Strourbridge's Sean Evans - some with long non-league memories may remember his superb form for Stourbridge two years ago when he looked a superb prospect. A move to Telford followed but he was crocked in pre-season and has been rebuilding his career since then, re-signing for Stourbridge after a spell at Ludlow. He hasn't had a lot of game time under his belt but he's a big game player. He's 12 to buy at Sporting, which is a touch too high for the moment. As yet, Spreadex aren't quoting him.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Other player goal minute arbs tonight... Ryan Rowe 16 Buy (SI), 17 Sell (Spreadex) Ben Billingham 6 B (SI), 7 S (Spreadex) Will Atkinson 8 B (SI), 9 S (Spreadex) Luke Daley 8 B (SI), 9 S (Spreadex) Carl Fletcher 10 B (Spreadex), 11 S (SI) Robbie Williams 2.5 B (SI), 3 S (Spreadex)

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Gills have Jo Kuffour and Frank Nouble cup tied tonight which is obviously going to weaken us considerably going forward, Luke Rooney is also unavailable for selection after he refused to sign a contract extension and Hess is now refusing to play him! Seems a bit daft to me..Kuffour and Nouble were obviously missing for the first game though and we still managed to score 3 goals, their keeper Flanaghan (sp?) has also come out with a big old moan today about the balls they are using in the Cup and how they 'move in the air, and have a plastic coating' he did flap a fair bit in the first game, being at fault for one goal so is possibly trying to dig himself out of a hole..we are still very dicey at the back and I have no confidence we will keep a clean sheet against anyone, Lawrence has the turning circle of a jcb and we are constantly caught out by teams with pace. Charlie Lee played right back at the weekend though and is far more secure than Fish, who has me watching most of the game through my fingers. Both to score and/or over 2.5 would be my calls. As a side note on the Aldershot game, we beat them 1-2 at the weekend and it should have been more convincing, the commentators said they were the worst team they had seen this season in the first half which is quite a feat considering the horror show Plymouth put on in August.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November

Its clear Aldershot are poor this season' date=' however are they a "cup side" this season after getting into the 4th round of the Carlig Cup ?[/quote'] Maybe but then they didnt exactly play well in the first game.

Its clear Aldershot are poor this season' date=' however are they a "cup side" this season after getting into the 4th round of the Carlig Cup ?[/quote'] You could argue that, and we were certainly impressive in beating West Ham's 'rotated' side in Round 1. However, we played a strong team in each round while our opponents rested people each time. We've not been at our best at home and were awful on Saturday. In the first game at Maidenhead we were second best. I suspect (and hope) that the difference in status will show tonight and I'd expect us to edge a tight game, but I do agree with addpea that the value probably lies with Maidenhead. I certainly don't think 11/1 does them justice.

Gills have Jo Kuffour and Frank Nouble cup tied tonight which is obviously going to weaken us considerably going forward, Luke Rooney is also unavailable for selection after he refused to sign a contract extension and Hess is now refusing to play him! Seems a bit daft to me..Kuffour and Nouble were obviously missing for the first game though and we still managed to score 3 goals, their keeper Flanaghan (sp?) has also come out with a big old moan today about the balls they are using in the Cup and how they 'move in the air, and have a plastic coating' he did flap a fair bit in the first game, being at fault for one goal so is possibly trying to dig himself out of a hole..we are still very dicey at the back and I have no confidence we will keep a clean sheet against anyone, Lawrence has the turning circle of a jcb and we are constantly caught out by teams with pace. Charlie Lee played right back at the weekend though and is far more secure than Fish, who has me watching most of the game through my fingers. Both to score and/or over 2.5 would be my calls. As a side note on the Aldershot game, we beat them 1-2 at the weekend and it should have been more convincing, the commentators said they were the worst team they had seen this season in the first half which is quite a feat considering the horror show Plymouth put on in August.
Considering that 3 strikers won't play I think that over 2,5 and/or both to score could be too risky.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Tamworth> Hinckley = 1 (1.66) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Tamworth position 11° points 30 Hinckley position 19° points 17 Preview: Hinckley: Suspended: Haystead (first goalkeeper 15 / 0); Injured: Clarke (forward 11 / 2), McAughtrie (defender 4 / 0). The Tamworth has a score in house w5-d3-l1 goals scored 15 goals against 8 and a score out of the Hinckley house w2-d1-l6 goals scored 10 goals against 25. The first leg ended in a draw with the score 2-2. The local coach said that in the first game the visiting team has been successful have had three occasions throughout the match and scored two goals. The Tamworth is a team superior and surely win the game. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November I've had a little play on Bournemouth @ 9/5 - Bet365 Personally didnt expect them to be priced quite as high. As mentioned above Kuffour and Nouble are inelegible to play for Gillingham, and by the sounds of it Bouremouth should really have seen out the first game when 3-1 up and going well. Bournemouth have proved they can be very unpredictable at times but i think there good enough to win here, i expect Wes Thomas to be particularly dangerous for the away side.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November In my database of large favorites with overwhelming public support, overs have dominated when the AH is set on the home teams at -1.5 goals in the FA Cup (15-3 overs) and League Cup (13-3). Favorites have covered 12 of the 18 FA Cup games. Now, many of these matchups are between high league and low league teams, but it's worth mentioning the three previous games featuring North/South teams: Dec 9, 2009...Millwall 4, Staines Town 0 Nov. 17, 2010...Luton 4, Corby 2 Dec. 10, 2010...Leyton Orient 2, Droylsden 2 Accordingly, I have taken over 3 goals @ 1.79, and Aldershot -1.5 goals @ 1.78.

In my database of large favorites with overwhelming public support, overs have dominated when the AH is set on the home teams at -1.5 goals in the FA Cup (15-3 overs) and League Cup (13-3). Favorites have covered 12 of the 18 FA Cup games. Now, many of these matchups are between high league and low league teams, but it's worth mentioning the three previous games featuring North/South teams: Dec 9, 2009...Millwall 4, Staines Town 0 Nov. 17, 2010...Luton 4, Corby 2 Dec. 10, 2010...Leyton Orient 2, Droylsden 2 Accordingly, I have taken over 3 goals @ 1.79, and Aldershot -1.5 goals @ 1.78.
I don't quite understand this post ... North/South? Millwall and Staines are both 'South' not North.

Event Bath City - Dagenham & Red.
Selection Bath City
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.40
Reasoning 10 days ago Bath City draw at Dagenham and they were unlucky in that game. They could perfectly won it, avoiding today's replay. Now they play at home and they receive a Dagenham plagued by injuries. Mark Arber (hernia), the midfielders Kevin Maher (ankle) and Luke Howell (knee), the strikers Gavin Tomlin (groin), Rob Edmans (broken leg and ankle) and Sam Williams (knee) are all out of the game. The new signings of the club are Cup tied and they cannot play today. Good advantage for the hosts, who despite being from a lower division, have good chances to win and the odd is juicy here.

Re: England > FA Cup 1st Round Replays > 22nd - 23rd November Thanks for your injuries information. We have to bear in mind that Bath City are not only from a lower division, but they occupy the last, 24th position with 8 points in 20 matches in that league. In my opinion the odds are high and justifiably so, however I wish you luck with your bet - you're going to need it :)

Thanks for your injuries information. We have to bear in mind that Bath City are not only from a lower division' date=' but they occupy the last, 24th position with 8 points in 20 matches in that league. In my opinion the odds are high and justifiably so, however I wish you luck with your bet - you're going to need it :)[/quote'] Stourbridge are 3 divisions below Plymouth and yet they still won. As I have said in my preview I think their are solid reasons for backing Bath but we shall see what happens.