Short Priced Favs

Xtc12

On 11/30/2017 at 11:53 PM, Xtc12 said:

Laurina 12.45 Limerick 3 Pts Win @ 1.62 (bog)

Non Runner

Buveur D'Air 14.10 Newcastle 3 Pts Win @ 1\4 (bog)

Has met with defeat just once over hurdles and the best around last season, winning the Champion Hurdle and Aintree Hurdle. Could well have even more to offer and hard to envisage defeat.

21 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Buveur D'Air 14.10 Newcastle 3 Pts Win @ 1\4 (bog)

1st @ 1.25 - Tracked leaders in 3rd place, went 2nd from 6 out, led on bit 3 out, readily drew clear before last, hard held

Death Duty 14.35 Fairyhouse 3 Pts Win @ 1.73 (bog)

Promising type who stepped up on his debut in this sphere when taking Buck House Novices Chase at Punchestown (18f, good to soft) in October. Likely more in the locker yet and is the one to beat.

Irish Octave 12.20 Southwell 3 Pts Win @ 2.5 (bog)

In terrific form of late, completing a hat-trick of victories when narrowly taking 9-runner handicap chase at Uttoxeter (24f, soft) in October. 6 lb higher now but looks sure to go well again.

7 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Well, all good things come to an end, unfortunately never seemed to go well.

4th - In rear and in touch, ridden and outpaced before 3 out, kept on in 4th and no impression

Stick to your odds on shots :ok 

Great run while it lasted though:clap

17 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Coquin Mans 13.30 Clonmel 1 Pt Win @ 1\2 (bog)

Smart hurdler. 9/2, good 4½ lengths second of 6 to Melon in WKD Hurdle at Down Royal (16f, soft) 34 days ago. Significantly back up in trip. The one to beat.

unluckiest horse of the day

Modus 14.40 Exeter 4 Pts Win @ 1.4 (bog)

Developed into a very smart handicap hurdler last term and 2 from 2 over fences this season, including Grade 2 at Wincanton last month. Should prove hard to beat with further improvement likely.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:29 PM, Xtc12 said:

Coquin Mans 13.30 Clonmel 1 Pt Win @ 1\2 (bog)

Slipped - Tracked leader, mainly 2nd, took keen hold, on terms 4 out, led from next, joined briefly until led approaching straight travelling smoothly, slipped up approaching 2 out.

12 minutes ago, Snoopdog said:

Unbeleivable ! I was counting my winnings!

Hold onto it tightly Snoopdog as this may be the good run for the year. Two years ago we went 59 bets before making a profit, with 15 winners out of 16. Ok we made a profit in the year of less than 0.5% (the smallest yet). These short priced favourites do get turned over oh and you also have me picking the damn things. All the best and hopefully it keeps going up to Christmas. :hope

9 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Modus 14.40 Exeter 4 Pts Win @ 1.4 (bog)

Fell - Held up, went 3rd from 3rd, went 2nd before 4 out, shaken up and struggling to close 5 length gap when fell 3 out.

Well in my opinion JPMcManus couldn't do any worse than sacking Geraghty, he has gone from one of my favourite jockeys to one that I hate. Just one of those things.   

3 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Fell - Held up, went 3rd from 3rd, went 2nd before 4 out, shaken up and struggling to close 5 length gap when fell 3 out.

Well in my opinion JPMcManus couldn't do any worse than sacking Geraghty, he has gone from one of my favourite jockeys to one that I hate. Just one of those things.   

im the same with geraghty, a great horseman but he is not the same as he was 4-5 years ago, imo he seems to want to wait and then all out over the last

Fox Norton 14.55 Sandown 5 Pts Win @ 1.57 (bog)

Went from strength to strength last term, culminating with Grade 1 wins at Aintree and Punchestown, and looked better than ever when landing Shloer at Cheltenham on return. Hard to beat. 

12 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

Fox Norton 14.55 Sandown 5 Pts Win @ 1.57 (bog)

2nd - Held up in rear but in touch, jumped well, took closer order halfway, chased leaders after 4 out, ridden to challenge 2 out, ran on closing stages, always held