maximize.gif Otelul Galati v FC Basel (19:45 GMT) 3.7 3.65 1.9 107.06 %
maximize.gif Real Madrid v Dinamo Zagreb (19:45 GMT) 1.1 9 25 106.02 %
maximize.gif Trabzonspor v Internazionale (19:45 GMT) 3.7 3.35 2 106.88 %

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Man.United - Benfica Man.United are playing well at the moment and even though they don't trash their opponents they do enough to get the result they need. They were not impressive in Champions League so far but they got the results they needed and are top of the group. Since it is very likely that Barcelona will win their group all the teams will aim to win their respective groups in order to avoid facing Barca in the knock out stage. A win here for the Red Devils will mean that they top the group and Sir Alex will be able to focus on the Premier League till February. Moreover, Man.United have a good record against Portuguese sides at Old Trafford with 8 wins and 2 draws. Trabzonspor - Inter Trabzonspor produced a shock on the first match day when they beat Inter 1-0 a San Siro, but they failed to keep the good form and drew at home with Lille 0-0 and took only one point from CSKA Moscow in two games, drawing 0-0 at home and losing 0-3 away. Inter however, recovered well from their surprise defeat and recorded 3 straight wins including 2 away wins against what are in my opinion tough teams, namely Lille and CSKA. I can see Inter snatching a narrow win here, but since they do not have a good record in Turkey I will take some draw cover. Man.United & Inter DNB @ 2.38 (5 units) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November

Trabzonspor - Inter Trabzonspor produced a shock on the first match day when they beat Inter 1-0 a San Siro, but they failed to keep the good form and drew at home with Lille 0-0 and took only one point from CSKA Moscow in two games, drawing 0-0 at home and losing 0-3 away. Inter however, recovered well from their surprise defeat and recorded 3 straight wins including 2 away wins against what are in my opinion tough teams, namely Lille and CSKA. I can see Inter snatching a narrow win here, but since they do not have a good record in Turkey I will take some draw cover. Man.United & Inter DNB @ 2.38 (5 units) William Hill
I share your thoughts on the Inter game, I have gone for this: Trabzonspor V Inter Milan Inter Milan +0 @ 5/6 (Pinnacle) 2.5 Units Inter are long enough to take on the +0 AH line here, reasons for the price maybe their record in Turkey as Mustafa has mentioned, the fact that they have not been good away from home so far this season and the absence of Wesley Sneijder. Despite Inter's well documented problems this season (they currently lie 16th in the Serie A table!) I feel they are starting to improve under Claudio Ranieri and their perfomance was good in the 2-1 victory over Cagliari at the weekend. Wesley Sneijder maybe absent but interestingly we see the return of Philippe Coutinho to the team who got on the scoresheet in Saturdays victory. I really rate this guy and he could play just behind the strikers ahead of a solid looking middle 3 of Motta, Cambiasso and Stankovic. Victory here would essentially see Inter qualify from group B leaving them to focus on a league campaign which has lots of room for improvement. Trabzonspor on the other hand have a fighting chance of qualification from the group but this is largely down to the fact that they managed to beat Inter at the San Siro. This was in the dark days of the Gasperini stewardship and I feel Inter are stronger and more confident now. I expect a close game but I don't expect Trabzonspor to complete the double over the nerazzurri here, Inter might just nick all 3pts here with a bit of quality.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November CSKA - Lille - 1 DNB - 1.61 - William Hill A few reasons behind this bet: 1. Many European teams, especially not the very top ones, find it difficult to play in Russia, due to the distance, intimidating fans as well as artificial pitch. 2. Lille have not won yet in CL and drew with CSKA at home. 3. CSKA have to win if they want to keep hopes of qualifications. They're going away to Inter Milan for the last match. Really think CSKA will win tomorrow and 2.4 is decent IMO but I prefer to have this safety bracket and prefer to put a higher stake on DNB. Good luck!

Event CSKA Moscow - Lille
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.42
Reasoning CSKA Moscow need to win this game to fight for the first place in the Group while Lille need to win the three points to keep their hope alive to pass to the next stage. Both teams will search the win here and we can say both have the necessary arguments to do it. Lille is more desperate than CSKA Moscow and the hosts cannot consider a draw as a bad result to get the passport to the next stage. With both teams fighthing to win, and the draw being a not bad result to the hosts, i think it may very well happen in this game.

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Manchester United - Benfica
Selection Benfica +0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 4/10
Date 22/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.70
Reasoning Despite their five wins in a row Manchester United is not showing the football that all the fans are expecting. The team is playing slow and lack of creations football and only the fact that in the last month their program was very easy they have such amount of wins. Wayne Rooney has not scored a goal from play twelve games in a row. Benfica is yet to lose a game this season. The last defeat for the team was on 5th may, when they lost against Braga in the semifinal of the Europa League. Since then the team have 15 wins and 8 draws in all tournaments. In friday against Nadal for the cup some of the regular players were rested and tomorrow they will have more energy then the United players. The young striker Rodrigo is in very good shape, scoring five goals in the last four official games of the team. I'm going to take Benfica dnb here. I just think that the difference between the two teams is not that big right now and this odds are a must try.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November hey guys what do we think of Oţelul Galaţi v basel? I think basel will win based on recent form plus dont forget that this is not a home game for the romanians. the game is being playedm on neutral terretory. what do you guys think?

CSKA Moscow need to win this game to fight for the first place in the Group while Lille need to win the three points to keep their hope alive to pass to the next stage. Both teams will search the win here and we can say both have the necessary arguments to do it. Lille is more desperate than CSKA Moscow and the hosts cannot consider a draw as a bad result to get the passport to the next stage. With both teams fighting to win' date=' and the draw being a not bad result to the hosts, I think it may very well happen in this game.[/quote'] If both teams are fighting for the win, then over 2.5 goals at 2.0 seems good value, especially considering that the first game between them, which was less vital, finished 2-2, both of CSKA's two group games have been over and one of Lille's two away group games has been over. The odds on over 2.5 goals should perhaps be lower than 2.0?

If both teams are fighting for the win' date=' then over 2.5 goals at 2.0 seems good value, especially considering that the first game between them, which was less vital, finished 2-2, both of CSKA's two group games have been over and one of Lille's two away group games has been over. The odds on over 2.5 goals should perhaps be lower than 2.0?[/quote'] Good point there. I just might give a try to that ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Trabzonspor vs Internazionale - Internazionale @ 8/5 - VC I backed CSKA last time out and having seen Trabzonspor's performance on that night; this is massive. Inter have picked it up after their appalling start to their season and have gone 4-1-1 in their last six games since. They've won their last three in the Champions League and a win here sees them through which allows them to focus more on domestic matters. They miss Sneijder. Now onto the hosts. They're coming into this game on the back of a 1-1 draw; needing a late penalty to square the match. They really didn't impress me last time out, even when Doumbia saw red, they didn't threaten. In fact it was CSKA who looked the more likely. After the four games played; they have had 7 (SEVEN) shots on target in four matches to Internazionale's 27. Trabzonspor have the worst shooting accuracy of this Champions League campaign: only 25% of their shots have been on target (seven out of 28). There's the problem. You don't shoot...you don't score. Internazionale should see themselves through here. They have some old demons to exercise after the Turks turned them over at the San Siro during their bad spell & I think they will come away from Turkey with a solid win. It'll be tough obviously but 8/5 is worth a punt almost definitely.

Good point there. I just might give a try to that ;)
What are your thoughts on Otelul Galati mate? My initial thought was to back Basel as I have backed against Otelul every game so far but they seem to be improving as they gain experience at this level. I think their last two performances against United were actually not too bad and they have a chance of getting a draw here. So perhaps 1.83 on Basel is not value. I am undecided. My other thought was unders as Otelul are definitely an unders side but then again Basel are an overs side and they need the win, so once more I'm not sure enough to bet.

CSKA - Lille - 1 DNB - 1.61 - William Hill A few reasons behind this bet: 1. Many European teams, especially not the very top ones, find it difficult to play in Russia, due to the distance, intimidating fans as well as artificial pitch. 2. Lille have not won yet in CL and drew with CSKA at home. 3. CSKA have to win if they want to keep hopes of qualifications. They're going away to Inter Milan for the last match. Really think CSKA will win tomorrow and 2.4 is decent IMO but I prefer to have this safety bracket and prefer to put a higher stake on DNB. Good luck!
Remember that Seydou Doumbia is suspended for the home side, which reduces CSKA's goalscoring threat significantly.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Why nobody mentioned Lyon? Are they not value, or the value is gone now? Looking at how the odds moved they are the public bet already and the 'certain winners' of the night for many. You could find all the reasons to go against Ajax, they are in big crisis atm, on and of the pitch! I was tempted to go for Lyon myself, but not at this price. Watched Ajax in their latest home game when they let a 2-0 lead slip in the last fifteen mins. And yes, their defense looked a real mess and man would expect Lyon to score a few against them(and they probably will). Watched Lyon at the weekend as well, they also played at home, and also got embrased after being one up. Everyone expected to see Lyon stars back in the team, after being injured for some time. And yes, Lisandro and Bastos came in but didn't show anything. Rennes outplayed them, created numerous chances and deservedly won the game. So don't be fooled by returning of Lyon stars back in the team! It's a must win for Lyon and a must 'not loose' for Ajax (they play Real last matchday!). Pressure is on Lyon and many teams have crushed under pressure, especially in CL. Ajax is crisis and many teams response to these kind of situations to surprise us all and turn the things the other way. Wouldn't put anyone of backing Lyon, but they are not the value, not anymore. Don't underestimate the quality in Amsterdam team, they are more then capable of making a good result here! The most probable thing that will happen here are goals and I would be very surprised if we didn't get at least two! Didn't took anything yet, but will look for the overs and both teams to score. Good luck to all involved in this one!

What are your thoughts on Otelul Galati mate? My initial thought was to back Basel as I have backed against Otelul every game so far but they seem to be improving as they gain experience at this level. I think their last two performances against United were actually not too bad and they have a chance of getting a draw here. So perhaps 1.83 on Basel is not value. I am undecided. My other thought was unders as Otelul are definitely an unders side but then again Basel are an overs side and they need the win' date=' so once more I'm not sure enough to bet.[/quote'] Hard to call really.. there are very thin chances for Otelul to take 3rd spot and it won't depend just of them. It's true they picked up form and experience, and now that they will have to play without pressure they might just play good enough to get a result. From owners press declarations, he said the team has nothing to lose anymore but instead every game now will be a plus for them to gain more experience and quality. Dorinel Munteanu, team's coach, said they will prepare to get first points today, cuz so far in Europe, every team we had in the groups never left without any points and it would be a shame if they were the first team to do so. Unders looks good also, as Otelul didn't concede in last three games in the championship and they don't score much either. They are the kind of team which would win by a margin, after scoring defending the result and not running out leaving holes at the back. But as you mentioned, Basel is an overish side so it will probably depend much of Basel's approach to the game. Someone's look to the game from Basel's side would be highly appreciated. Otelul won't have lots of problems squad-like, with the only missing being Sergiu Costin ( team's captain ), but Dorinel has players to replace him in defense. Most probably, Milan Perendija will take his place at the heart of the defense which is not a bad player usually. ( Dunno if matter's much, but yesterday was captain's birthday and some points today might be a good gift from the team mates for him.) Otelul should play 4-5-1 with only one striker upfront, but has good midfields which impressed in last game in the league and whom can play good both at the back of the field, or if needed in the attack. Now, some info about Basel would be really needed as we don't know if they come here definitely for the three points, or if they have squad problems etc. Taking into consideration that Basel drew away at Benfica and Manchester United maybe a draw will be just what both team's will be happy with, Otelul getting first points and Basel guaranteeing 3rd spot. Anyway, as you said, I don't find much value on Basel either, so might just stay away from it instead of going for an away win. Hope the info helps, good luck! :cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Real Madrid - Dinamo Zagreb Real Madrid is yet to concede a goal in their group while Dinamo Zagreb is yet to score a goal, so basically bets like Real Madrid to win to nil would look as an obvious choice. However, since Real Madrid has already qualified to the next round and they will win the group if they beat Dinamo or if Ajax fails to beat Lyon. Since both of the above scenarios are very likely I can see Real Madrid playing open football and won't be surprised if Mourinho decides to rest some players. Both to Score @ 2.50 (2 units) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Anyone finds value on Bayern to win both halves @ 1,90 ? I could see Bayern open the scoring early and putting the ball in the net also in second half. Also Bayern to win to nil @ 1,72 looks good and with Villareal struggling I think both bets look very plausible. Opinions ?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Lyon> Ajax = both teams to score (1.80) / over (1.85) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Lyon position 3° points 4 Ajax position 2° points 7 Preview: Lyon: Absent: Remy Vercoutre (goalkeeper 3 / 0), Anthony Lopes (goalkeeper 0 / 0), John Mensah (defender 1 / 0), Yannis Tafer (striker 0 / 0); in doubt: Dejan Lovren (defender 10 / 0), Maxime Gonalons (midfielder 13 / 1), Jeremy Pied (striker 5 / 1); fall: Lisandro Lopez (forward 5 / 2), Michel Bastos (midfielder 12 / 4), Clement Grenier (midfielder 5 / 0). Ajax: unavailable: Derk Boerrigter (striker 13 / 4), Dmitri Bulykin (striker 7 / 3), Kolbeinn Sigthorsson (striker 8 / 5), Siem de Jong (midfielder 12 / 2); Injured: Nicolai Boilesen (defender 4 / 0), Bruno Silva (defender 0 / 0). Lyon has a score of w1-d1-l2 goals scored 2 goals against 6 while Ajax has a score of w2-d1-l1 goals scored 6 goals against 3. Both teams in their leagues are not shining, the weekend Lyon has lost at home to Rennes with the score tied 1-2 while Ajax against NAC Breda with the score 2-2 after being in advantage to 2-0. This game will be affected by many absences in the two teams. Lyon must try to win to hope again, the Dutch team can not be satisfied with a draw because the next game against Real Madrid must play an open game so will try to win. So in the end I think it will be a game with many goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November CSKA Moscow> Lille 1 = (2.37) / both teams to score (1.72) bet365 stakes 6 / 10 CSKA Moscow position 2° points 5 Lille position 4° points 2 Preview: CSKA Moscow: Suspended: Seydou Doumbia (striker 29/24); Injured: Zoran Tosic (midfielder 24 / 3), Igor Akinfeev (goalkeeper 22 / 0), Tomas Necid (forward 11 / 3), Mark Gonzalez (midfielder 5 / 1), G. Schennikov (defender 8 / 0). Lille: Injured: Benoit Pedretti (Midfielder 12 / 3), Marko Basa (defender 11 / 1). CSKA Moscow has a score of w1-d2-l1 goals scored 7 goals against 5 while Lille has a score of w0-d2-l2 goals scored 4 goals against 6. Both teams in their leagues have had a loss of concentration and performance mainly due to numerous absences. The home team opened a new case, the statement made by Vagner Love is no longer content to remain still in Russia. Lille now seems certain that he has no chance to continue the adventure in the champions league, so players are ready to focus all their energies in the league. The Lille goalkeeper said that this trip to Russia is very tricky and dangerous for both the temperature is very cold for the fact that CSKA Moscow played on a synthetic field which in France only two teams have a synthetic field and the Lorient Nancy. I think CSKA Moscow at the end it can take advantage and win the game. Lille in the last 4 games has never won. Seydou Doumbia is the best scorer for the CSKA Moscow with its 4 goals. Moussa Sow has made ​​2 for Lille. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November CSKA Moscow v Lille (CSKA win @ 13/10) An interesting game in this group which also contains Inter Milan and Trabzonspor. With 2 games left Inter top the group on 9 points with an away game today at Trabzonspor and a home tie against CSKA to come and look set to top the group. However the fight for the second spot is very close with Inter and Trabzonspor level on 5 points and Lille not out of it altogether though they have just 2 points going into todays game. This is a must win game for CSKA if they wish to progress as with their final game being at Inter they would like to have their fate in their own hands before travelling to Inter. Both sides league form has been erratic of late. CSKA suffered a 2-1 home defeat to Rubin Kazan at the weekend which saw them lose ground on leaders Zenit in the Russian league and are now 3 points behind them in the league with games running out before the league closes down for it`s Winter break. The defeat at the weekend was their first in all competitions in 8 games and they will be looking to bounce back today. Lille are third in the French league at the moment 5 points behind joint leaders PSG and Montpellier but they have hit a sticky patch and have drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 4 games in all competitions since back to back wins against Lyon and Sedan in the league at the end of October. Their Champions League form has been even more disappointing with just draws against CSKA at home (2-2)and Trabzonspor away (1-1) to show for their efforts to date. Taking all this into account I am going for a CSKA win today which is best price 13/10 at time of writing as I feel that the home side will have to much in the way of fire power for the French side. Also the fact that the weather will not exactly be tropical will not help the visitors. Not many sides fancy a trip to Russia in November and with Lille having just 1 win in their last 7 away games in all competitions I feel it will be a surprise if they can get anything out of this game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November CSKA vs Lille Without Doumbia suspended, Necid injured and Wagner Love in scandal with the club, all three the most important strikers of the club, with Zoran Tosic, Akinfeev, Necid, Gonzalez, G. Schennikov, all injured, I can't see an easy life for CSKA tonight. Lille was very "underish" lately, situation that I can see it clear also here. 0-0 to Toulose, 1-1 home with Evian, 0-0 to Valenciennes are their latest results. under 1.5 goals @ 3.50 with Stan James Bayern vs Villareal Villareal got many yellow cadrds lately as they are having a lot of injured players: Nilmar, Rossi, etc and the frustration is high: with Betis got 5, to Espanyol got 3, with City got 5, with Rayo got 3 and with Real 3. I see a match in which they will take at least 3 yellow cards with bayern trying to forget the humiliation from Saturday! Villareal over 2.5 yellow cards @ 1.91 with bwin

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Napoli vs Manchester City Do not get me wrong here, but to me looks like Napoli has the first chance ahead of Manchester City if the game ends a draw. City has 7 points and will play last game home with Bayern. Napoli has 5 points and will play last game of the group away, to Villareal. So, a win is vital for Manchester City and I think they will come here decided to take it. I will go for -1 AH as they have shown craziness when playing away from home. Home side will defend, but after they will concede the first goal will come to play more aggressive and that will be the advantage of the English team. away -1 AH @ 3.00 with >bet365

Napoli vs Manchester City Do not get me wrong here, but to me looks like Napoli has the first chance ahead of Manchester City if the game ends a draw. City has 7 points and will play last game home with Bayern. Napoli has 5 points and will play last game of the group away, to Villareal. So, a win is vital for Manchester City and I think they will come here decided to take it. I will go for -1 AH as they have shown craziness when playing away from home. Home side will defend, but after they will concede the first goal will come to play more aggressive and that will be the advantage of the English team. away -1 AH @ 3.00 with >bet365
What makes you think that Napoli will defend? They need a win more than Man.City because if they draw here and B.Munich wins against Villarreal then the Germans will win the group and most likely will play youngsters in their last game against Man.City.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Trabzonspor vs Inter Home side is very dangerous at home and will be a tough nut to crack by a very weak team of Inter. Away side is a shadow of what it's been last couple of years and will struggle hardly here. Trabzon won against Inter and will apply same tactic now. Inter will be without Snejder and that gives me real confidence. Also Maicon is out, while Coutinho will be on the bench. draw @ 3.25 with Coral Otelul vs Basel Otelul is the team that I like most of what we send in Champions League, except for Unirea Urziceni which was the best. It is a conclusion after 4 games in which these guys showed they can overpass their limits and stand in front of much better teams. Others we had were CFR Cluj and Steaua, but except 1 good result they did nothing and their potential was MUCH MORE bigger than Otelu's, this year. I expect for them to try to win the match against Basel. The Swiss team will try to win also, but I think will see a very balanced game. draw @ 3.75 with 188bet

What makes you think that Napoli will defend? They need a win more than Man.City because if they draw here and B.Munich wins against Villarreal then the Germans will win the group and most likely will play youngsters in their last game against Man.City.
1. If they will not defend will get a bigger defeat. 2. Bayern will not play with youngsters in the derby of the group! They never did that! This is not a German habit! 3. Napoli is a good novel written last season! Now they are a newspaper article!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Anyone else have any info on Basel match? Basel have drawn at Benfica and Manchester United which is impressive, the hosts have lost all four matches in CL. Basel only narrowly edged the reverse fixture 2-1 but they have nothing to lose going for the win with the Europa League place looking sewn up and if they do win they could be level on points with Benfica should United edge that match. Thoughts?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Napoli vs Man. City. Both to score. 1.72 @ Bet365 (6/10) City barely keep a clean sheet away from home. Last time they did that was @ Villarreal but they Yellow Sumbarine doesn't have any strikers atm, so a normal thing. Hard to see Napoli not scoring at home whilst on the other hand City have got enough fire power to get some goals as well. It was 1-1 in the first leg and should be at least one goal for each today as well. Bayern -2 vs Villarreal. 2.00 @ Bet365 (7/10) Bayern will be fired up for this on no doubt about it. They lost against Dortmund at the weekend which as huge disappointment. Villarreal with no strikers available, I can not see anything other than a comfortable outing for the Germans. -2 on Bayern as they should win by at least couple goals here. Otelul vs Basel. Over 2.5 goals. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Two outsiders meeting means a cracking match in prospect, definitely better one that possibly @ Old Trafford. Basel is a more solid team but playing at home should make me cautios. The Swiss side has better attack but I believe they will concede today, so chose to play overs instead of Basel win. It was 2-1 in the first match over in Switzerland and should be no less than 3 goals today as well.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22nd November Lyon vs Ajax Do not think that Ajax will stand in front of Lyon. The home side welcomes Bastos and Lisandro and will fight like mads in order to win this one. Ajax is a joke in defensive, seeing them with Utrecht and with NAC. Lyon will have a single problem: when will open the score. home -1 AH @ 2.53 with Canbet Manchester vs Benfica Last 4 games of Red Devils were under 2.5 goals. Last 4 of Benfica were also under 2.5 goals. United learned the lesson from their neighbors and will play with the main focus on the defensive. With a draw they are through and this is very important. Ok, they will target the win, but seeing their last 4 games, I have seen a solid and mature side, much closer to an Italian team in the good days. Benfica had their momentum of a goal galore, but now they are also mature and are trying to win matches and have clean sheets! under 2.5 goals @ 2.05 with Stan James Real Madrid vs Dynamo Zagreb Real will play relaxed and will not want to have a public execution here, despite the problems they had in the first leg. I do not think this match will have a goal galore either as Dynamo will come to defend as they did in Zagreb ... trying to block all the players of real and trying to attack them when they will get the ball. under 3.5 goals @ 2.10 with >Paddy Power

1. If they will not defend will get a bigger defeat. 2. Bayern will not play with youngsters in the derby of the group! They never did that! This is not a German habit! 3. Napoli is a good novel written last season! Now they are a newspaper article!
That is something new. If there was history between these sides I would have agreed with you. Also they only lost 1 game in this group same as Man.City so I wouldn't write them off. Anyway I most likely won't touch Napoli - Man.City game, so good luck with your bet :ok