** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November

Proud Chieftain - Kempton 4:00 Has only had the 6 runs to date but looks like a very promising horse, winning its last two races at Newmarket. Should be fresh after a little break and the jockey booking of Jim Crowley looks significant, he does well at the track. Clifford Lines is new to the game but he looks like a promising trainer and has already had 3 winners, 2 of which have come from this horse, so i think this horse is the best horse he has in training. Is already proven in Class 4 and already proven over the trip, so i would imagine it should go very close tomorrow. WIN @ 9/2 Hills BOG Best of luck this month everybody!

BBOTD 1st November Melbourne Cup - LUCAS CRANACH @ 11/1 William Hill I am praying this horse wins as I am in for a rather nice pay out. That being said he looks to have an excellent chance. He has improved rapidly this season and looked very impressive winning a group 2 race in Germany earlier in the year. He appeared to get outpaced turning for home and was first under pressure but stayed on in impressive fashion down the outside of the field to win comfortably. He then took on Arc winner Danedream and again was settled out the back before staying on powerfully to finish 5th. There was no disgrace in this defeat and he looks as though he will improve for the step up in trip. The brothers involved in training Lucas are no strangers to success in this race and last tasted success with Makybe Diva. I think I am right in saying this is their first runner since Makybe Diva and they bought the horse with this race in mind. Everyone involved with the horse have been very bullish about his chances and I believe he will finish with a real rattle to at least fill the places. He ran in the Caufield Cup where there was a slight doubt over his participation but he ran well and connections feel he is now over the problems regarding his fitness. He won't mind the ground and he is drawn in the middle. He likes to come from behind which is how most horses win this race but he has the aid of Corey Brown who knows better than most how to ride this track. :hope:hope:hope

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 1450 exeter captain chris 1pt win 9/4 bet 365 this is a horse i have followed last 6 runs and hope he improves again this season,won last 3 times including cheltenham and punchestown,usual jockey dickie johnson on board and has a good chance to extend winning sequence to 4

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November Big field 17 runners in this handicap chase but i fancy the look of the paper jolly. Trainer C.Longsdon's 6yr old gelding has been 2nd his last two starts and i'd be a wee bit surprised if he's not home in the first three. His performance last time out on the 7th of Oct was pretty good as he was coming back from ''March'' The ground and trip are both up his street and jockey A.Tinkler makes the trip for this one ride. Must be in with a shout. Exeter 3:50 - Strongbows Legend. 0.5 e/w bet 11/2 Lads & Hills Fix up look sharp.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 4.00 Flemington Lucas Cranach - Cpo has given a really solid case for this one above and I also think he will run a good race tomorrow. Fifth in a Hoppegarten race in Germany behind subsequent Arc winner Danedream having been given too much ground to do and bounced back from slight doubts over his fitness with creditable fifth in Caulfield Cup last time. Got a couple of others onside in the race but for competition purposes want this one covered as well 10/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November May as well take a punt. Will no doubt choose the wrong one of my pair :rollin First things first, though... 4.00 Flemington - 0.5pts e/w Unusual Suspect @ 40/1 (Bet365) Unusual Suspect caught my eye when assessing the Caulfield Cup - a race which often has a good bearing on the Melbourne Cup - even if it is over a shorter distance. The horse that many are latching onto is Lucas Cranach, and understandably so, but the boat seems to have gone now he's in to around 10/1, and I'll happily take a punt on another horse who was eyecatching in the race. Unusual Suspect travelled strongly in the rear at Caulfield, but only had one or two rivals in behind him as they turned for home. He really found once asked to pick up, and made relentless ground up in the straight, despite having to be switched at one point, to go down 3l in 6th. He was about 17th turning in, so it was a very encouraging effort. He's had plenty of racing in his time, and most on dirt or a fast surface. His sire didn't seem to handle cut in the ground so this, along with the trip, are natural concerns. He shaped as if he would relish a step up in trip in the Caulfield Cup, and he has proven he stays 1m4f well. He went down by just 1/2l over 1m6f in the USA so there is plenty of hope on that score. He returned to the track this year in a Group 2 at Moonee Valley when given little hope by the bookmakers. There was cut in the ground on this occasion, and he outran his price to finish 4th behind Rekindled Interest over an insufficient mile - beaten under 3l. The winner himself has since run very soundly in relation to the Melbourne Cup - including finishing ahead of the Caulfield Cup winner, and just behind Glass Harmonium and Mourayan. Everything adds up quite favourably for Unusual Suspect, and for these reasons, 40/1 looks very nicely overpriced. He's drawn in 7 which is a good draw, and those held up often fare well in the race.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November Kempton 4.00 - Auden Auden looks like a decent bet tomorrow for the in form godolphin *yard. Fallon is onboard which is a good booking. It's been in the frame *on all of it's appearances. Hopefully it can continue this form on its reappearance as a 3 year old. Auden @ 3/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 3:50 Exeter: Victors Serenade 1pt win 10/1 Ladbrokes Victors Serenade could be following a well worn path here after winning first time out over this course and distance last year. This time its over the larger obstacles however at only six he looks to have plenty of scope and performed well on his only chase outing in March when finishing second behind Lord Villez who is a reliable yard stick. Anthony Honeyball also has a decent record at the course.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November Hi everyone. My first post here. Melbourne Cup. 1 point win Lost In The Moment at 25/1 with Paddy Power. Godolphin would love to win this race. They are now in form and appear hopeful of a good outcome from their two entries. He's got a decent draw and a very able jockey.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November :welcome..........wistful I'm giving the Aussie race a miss........... Kemp 6.00 - Sasheen - win at 9/1 BOG Paddy power This horse is a capable front runner who's chance largely seems to depend on wether she gets hassled up front. Looking through the runners today it appears that she could well get an uncontested lead in this race which is full of hold up and slowly away types She's a CD winner and has a lowish draw in stall 5

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November Exeter 2.50 Ghizao win - 11/4 Lads WH I don't think Medermit can close the gap with Captain Chris on Arkle form, while Ghizao never ran to form that day. He was in the process of probably winning at Aintree against Finian's Rainbow, but made a crucial error. I still think he is a classy horse and might beat CC in receipt of 5lbs today.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 3:20 Exeter - Menorah - Back Was an absolutely brilliant hurdler who came up just short in the Champion Hurdle last year in what was probably the hottest renewal of that race of all time. He begins his chasing career here and has been found a nice opportunity to get off the mark immediately. Only 1 to beat realistically here and though Sam Winner is a quality horse in his own right, he doesn't quite have the class of Menorah 1pt win @ 4/7 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 3.30 Kempton Hopefully this extra distance will bring the improvement needed for Nina Rose to break her duck. Ran on very strongly lto over a mile here but couldn't quite get there. Fahy is very good in a drive and if he gets her closer to the pace today she has every chance. 1 Pt win 9/2 Hills

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November SHATTER 12.40 Redcar. 0.5 points each way. Did ok on debut and should improve naturally for it and for the step up to 7f. The ground's fine and appears to be very big odds on the limited bare form on offer. Plenty open to improve, so with an odds on favourite that couldn't be backed by anybody with half a brain at the prices (although has as much chance as any and better than most), I think we're very good value to hit the frame. 12/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November Captain Chris 2.50 Exeter 1pt Win 9/4 PP Suprised that Captain Chris is available at this price. Its a competitive little race but Captain Chris looked a class apart last year and he may be able to concede the 5lbs to Ghizao and Medermit. He convincingly beat these two in the Arkle and I would expect him to confirm form. Ghizao maybe had an off day at Cheltenham but he needed the run last year and several of Nicholls look like they need the run (although he is being backed). He travels really well but if it comes down to a battle then I'd much rather be with Captain Chris.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 150 Exeter: Grand Vision EW (9/2 Hills) Watched this one closely on his debut and was impressed by both his jumping and his stamina, he will need both here and expect him to improve as so many of the Tizzard horses do for a run. Obviously the fav trained by Paul Nicholls is well regarded and will back the selection EW in case the rumours are true. If they do think he's useful then he will be backed into a very short price and that should push the selection out beyond 5/1 for a bet to nowt.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 5:00 Kempton - Musashi - 1pt @ 14/1 (Boyles) Musashi doesn't win too often but he's useful on his day and the removal of blinkers could well be a good thing, as they seem to be lighting him up too much. His last win came off a 2lb higher mark in a slightly better contest at this course over 1m 2f. Today's 1m 4f trip shouldn't be an issue if he can break away on terms (often slowly away) and settle, which isn't always a given with such a tricky horse. However, if things just worked in his favour then he should prove to be a very lively candidate in such a modest contest. Ian Mongan being on board is another plus, as he's the only jockey to have managed to guide this fellow to victory and he also rides the course exceptionally well. The Laura Mongan yard are prone to the odd big-priced winner around here and hopefully they can add another in this race. Overall, he's a massively risky proposition but 14/1 is a nice price about this well-handicapped animal and small win stakes will do no harm.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 2-50 exeter -medermit - win after winning on his chase debut he blotted his copybook by refusing to race at huntingdon but he put that behind him with victories at plumpton and sandown before going on to finish fourth in the arkle and then he went on to run a blinder at aintree finishing second in a grade 2 event,the trip is a bit short as connections are thinking of stepping him up in trip after this as they thought that the trip in the arkle was probabaly a bit sharp for him.i think this will be the best time to catch him as he runs well fresh even thought he as something to find with captain chris [who he beat at sandown] and ghizao i will take the chance good luck all

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 4.10 Redcar: Edgware Road 1pt win @ 16/1 Will Hill BOG Keith Dalgleish in red hot form at the minute and believe this one has the ability to go close from this mark today. Return to 6f a positive having won maiden over that trip before disappointing in handicap company over 7f on last three starts. This mark must be far given best known form and can be given a big chance here IMO.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 6.00 Kempton An extremely hard race to work out, a few front runners in the field should ensure a good gallop but there is also plenty of horses that need delivering late so it could be all or nothing in this race of those though I am more interested in the hold up sorts just simply because they look better treated. There has been plenty of money around for Mister Green which has to be of interest coming here on the back of a break, has gone well fresh in the past and has a decent record on this surface, 4 wins and 7 places from 27starts. Raced over ridiculously short trip last time out but now finds himself on his last winning mark and should have the race run to suit if the gaps appear. The other that looks well treated if the gaps appear is Cool Hand Jake who again has been well supported in the market from yard you have to respect, again he has gone well on the back of short breaks like today and has now dropped to 6lb below last winning mark. 1pt win Mister Green 9/2 coral

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November Vinces 5.00 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. Needs to buck his ideas up, but the blinkers have gone on today and if they do the trick, then he should be capable of going close. Handles the surface and the trip's fine, so hopefully the blinkers will work and he'll run a big race at a big price. 25/1 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 1st of November 6:00 Polar Auroras @ Kempton - Been placed 4 times all on the all weather the most recent of which was back in July.Running off only 2lbs higher than that race and has Jim Crowley in the saddle who is in good form and has a profit of +11.00 at Kempton this year.Can get involved at a good price 0.5pt E/W @ 20/1 Bluesq