Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October

Robbie Keane now out too' date=' blow for Ireland. Maybe laying the home side here id the best way to go @ [b']1.78 with Betfair.
Trust me, Robbie Keane missing is a blessing for Ireland, he is no good anymore! Long will take his place, Long is a far better player... No blow to Ireland there bud

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October In addition to the Welsh and Austrians, which I've already posted about, taking an acca tomorrow, and here's the teams, with little reasoning needed. Turkey AH -0.5 Turks had a solid enough campaign, and have done well enough at home, beating Belgium, Austria and Kazakhstan, although the last one was a lot less comfortable than it should of been. They need to win to beat Belgium to second. Azerbaijan are fairly dire away, 1-6 Germany, 0-3 Austria, 1-4 Belgium, 1-2 Kazakhstan. Russia Half-time/Full-time Russia need to win to be certain of first, and we all know about the Andorrans. Italy AH -0.5 Read Pg-yid's preview, which is the reason I've added this :ok Moldova Only Team To Score Moldova haven't done too terribly, with only really the 1-4 losses at home to the Swedes and at Finland days when they haven't turned up. San Marino haven't scored in about the last ten years, and I think Moldova can keep them out. Croatia AH - 0.5 Another side in the delightful ''must win'' situation. Not the force of old, but they've still managee victories against the Georgians and Israelies on their home turf, and can get a final one against a very limited Lativa. Greece AH + 0.5 Greeks need a point in Georgia, and their solid performance to this point in the campaign makes me confident they'll be fine. Georgia looked like being the surprise of the group, but had a bad time of it in the last round of matches, 0-1 at home to Lativa and drawing in Malta. They pose little threat. Norway AH - 0.5 Norway need a big win to have any chance, and will come out guns blazing. Up against an abysmal Cyprus, with only two points to their name, one in a draw at home against Iceland, the win should be no problem, and maybe they may even get a few. And of course Austria AH -0.5 and Wales AH + 0.5. All these come out to 10.29 @ Bet365 :ok

I think that the strongest bet is Serbia.. Slovenia is a friend of Serbia. Serbia will get the result to qualify.. Greece is a very good team, but now they want the draw.. On the other hand Georgia says, that will play to win. I believe them but they can no way win HARD DEFENDING Greece.. For me the draw is the fists choice and second under 2.5 goals..
What a comment by you, ' Slovenia is a friend of Serbia ' i think is the other way round if you a look at history. And also bare in mind Serbia didnt beat SLoevnia in 5 attempts, the 5 previus matches ended in draws, 3 of them being in Serbia. Am certain that Slovenia will do everything in their power and get a positive result, its gonna be tough, if i was to play i will play with cards, there will be few crads in this match by all means, serbia needs to win in order to qulify thereroe will attack and leave room open for counter attacks, Novakovic is great goal scorer and i see him scoring against serbia.

Trust me' date=' Robbie Keane missing is a blessing for Ireland, he is no good anymore! Long will take his place, Long is a far better player... No blow to Ireland there bud[/quote'] 'Thanks' to Keane I didn't win on Friday, had a great acc with odds around 5, and the k*ob'ed kept on missing and missing against Andorra.(I had Ireland over 2.5 goals and still can't believe they scored twice until 20' and then nothing..) So yeah defo his missing will be good for Ireland.

'Thanks' to Keane I didn't win on Friday' date=' had a great acc with odds around 5, and the k*ob'ed kept on missing and missing against Andorra.(I had Ireland over 2.5 goals and still can't believe they scored twice until 20' and then nothing..) So yeah defo his missing will be good for Ireland.[/quote'] Ireland would have topped the group only for sitters he has missed in the campaign. He missed a penalty in one game that ended in a draw and he missed a header from 2 yards out in another that ended in a draw!

What a comment by you' date=' ' Slovenia is a friend of Serbia ' i think is the other way round if you a look at history. And also bare in mind Serbia didnt beat SLoevnia in 5 attempts, the 5 previus matches ended in draws, 3 of them being in Serbia. Am certain that Slovenia will do everything in their power and get a positive result, its gonna be tough, if i was to play i will play with cards, there will be few crads in this match by all means, serbia needs to win in order to qulify thereroe will attack and leave room open for counter attacks, Novakovic is great goal scorer and i see him scoring against serbia.[/quote'] slovenia can decide who goes to the next round... we can choose estonia, who nobody cares about or serbia, who the whole country has ties with. many players have relatives, friends there. I am a slovenian, and I hope we win this one or at least that our guys give it their all.. but I think they wont. My money si going to be on 2 tomorow. btw: even if our guys give 100%, we are still in poor form.

In addition to the Welsh and Austrians, which I've already posted about, taking an acca tomorrow, and here's the teams, with little reasoning needed. Turkey AH -0.5 Turks had a solid enough campaign, and have done well enough at home, beating Belgium, Austria and Kazakhstan, although the last one was a lot less comfortable than it should of been. They need to win to beat Belgium to second. Azerbaijan are fairly dire away, 1-6 Germany, 0-3 Austria, 1-4 Belgium, 1-2 Kazakhstan. Russia Half-time/Full-time Russia need to win to be certain of first, and we all know about the Andorrans. Italy AH -0.5 Read Pg-yid's preview, which is the reason I've added this :ok Moldova Only Team To Score Moldova haven't done too terribly, with only really the 1-4 losses at home to the Swedes and at Finland days when they haven't turned up. San Marino haven't scored in about the last ten years, and I think Moldova can keep them out. Croatia AH - 0.5 Another side in the delightful ''must win'' situation. Not the force of old, but they've still managee victories against the Georgians and Israelies on their home turf, and can get a final one against a very limited Lativa. Greece AH + 0.5 Greeks need a point in Georgia, and their solid performance to this point in the campaign makes me confident they'll be fine. Georgia looked like being the surprise of the group, but had a bad time of it in the last round of matches, 0-1 at home to Lativa and drawing in Malta. They pose little threat. Norway AH - 0.5 Norway need a big win to have any chance, and will come out guns blazing. Up against an abysmal Cyprus, with only two points to their name, one in a draw at home against Iceland, the win should be no problem, and maybe they may even get a few. All these come out to 10.29 @ Bet365 :ok
Just to be clear, Austria and Wales AH + 0.5 are included in this :p

In addition to the Welsh and Austrians, which I've already posted about, taking an acca tomorrow, and here's the teams, with little reasoning needed.
Reasoning is always needed, and thankfully you've given some :cheers

AlexC - Like your comments, but you didn't state the individual odds for the bets. The only way you can work out if each bet is good value is by seeing these.
Just for you, MP :ok Russia half-time/full-time 1.18 Wales AH + 0.5 1.83 Greece AH + 0.5 1.16 Italy AH -0.5 1.17 Austria AH -0.5 1.70 Croatia AH -0.5 1.15 Turkey AH -0.5 1.12 Norway AH -0.5 1.20 Moldova Only Team To Score 1.33

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October Moldova to win to nil @ 1.42 (Bwin) Hard to give much reasoning. San Marino haven't scored for nearly four years. In that time they have conceded 94 goals! Incidentally I read in the Times football supplement today that the chances of any football team (taking home advantage and quality out of the question) conceding 94 goals without reply is 1 in an octillion (28 noughts). Not sure how exactly they worked this out but nevermind! This is generally a bet which the bookies habitually overprice. The only problem this time is that Moldova aren't that good either; they are ranked amongst the bottom few sides in Europe. Even so, there is still a signficant quality difference here. Moldova did manage to beat Finland 2-0 (albeit the Finns were down to ten men for some of that game) and also kept a clean sheet against Kazakhstan in a recent friendly, so they should be able to do so against a poor San Marino attack. Moldova also reduced Holland to a 1-0 win at the weekend, so whilst I don't know that much about them, they can't be that bad at the back. Worryingly, they did concede to Andorra in a friendly, but even Andorra are a class above San Marino. When San Marino do score, it tends to be at home; you have to go back even further to find their last away goal. Whilst there is no guarantee San Marino won't nick what would be a historic goal for them, I still think the odds are favourable considering their record. Georgia vs Greece under 2.5 @ 1.62 (Stan James) Sportsxtipster has said it all really. Georgia have been incredibly low scoring at home and Greece have been incredibly low scoring away. This is probably one of international football's most boring match-ups. Throw in the fact that Greece only need a draw to qualify, and you have an unders banker, if there ever was such a thing. I really can't see either side wanting to take risks in this game. Greece are hard to beat (undefeated in qualification) and I think they will be confident not to concede, I don't think they will feel the need to win the game. Under 2 around evens is tempting as well and I might put something on that as well.

I think that the strongest bet is Serbia.. Slovenia is a friend of Serbia. Serbia will get the result to qualify.. Greece is a very good team, but now they want the draw.. On the other hand Georgia says, that will play to win. I believe them but they can no way win HARD DEFENDING Greece.. For me the draw is the fists choice and second under 2.5 goals..
Same as we and Turkey, when players are fighting with each other :lol

Italy -1.25 (AH) @ 1.5 (Bet365) Northern Ireland have a very depleted squad with Brunt, Clingan, Camp, McCann and Hughes out, Evans uncertain to play and Lafferty suspended. Read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15227954.stm (btw I got the info on Evans from another site). Maik Taylor is going to play in goal; he is 40 and has no club at the moment. Morale is very low what with a terrible run of results, failure to qualify and the fans' protests demanding Worthington be sacked. It appears he will be sacked and that this will be his last game. I wouldn't be surprised if Brunt and Clingan are not that bad with their injuries and are resting themselves for club games at the weekend. It will be a youthful, inexperienced side up against Italy. If you look at the Italian squad, even if they play an experimental side, there is a big gap in terms of both experience and quality. Italy have impressed in qualifying with ease after a disastrous World Cup. The old guard has largely been replaced and the younger players will be trying to impress ahead of the finals next summer. I haven't watched a hell of a lot of them but did see their 3-0 win over Estonia, as I was in Italy at the time. They were very good I thought that night, against what I consider to be a decent Estonian side. The 1-1 draw in Serbia was also a good result, and they beat Spain in a friendly recently as well. The game will be played in Pescara and will be, I imagine, a relatively low-key occasion, what with it being effectively a dead rubber. But the Italians will still want to please the fans and impress their manager, and with the other factors I've mentioned, I am happy to place a reasonably large stake on the -1.25 handicap, with a bit of insurance if they really can't be arsed.
Worthington has just announced he is stepping down after this game. This could have a positive or negative effect on team performance, although overall in the interests of my bet I am displeased. I doubt he was overly popular amongst the players, as he frequently insisted "I can only work with the players I've got, I can't sign anyone in" in response to criticism, which is basically saying "we lost because the players are shit, not because of me". So I doubt they will perform one heroic last stand against the Italians for the manager's sake, but they might want to show him what they can do to prove him wrong. Either way the Italians should still have too much class.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October My few tips... Switzerland v Montenegro Switzerland is already out so the morale of the team is pretty low. They lost their chance and probalby there is no will for winning this game. However Montenegro has played really solid game against England. Brnovic was preparing his team for the game against Switzerland even before England game. I'm sure Montenegro can with this game by minimum goals. Germany - Belgium (Belgium not to score) Germans won their group so there is no pressure on them. Belgium will try to score some goals but I just can't see Belgium strikers scroing goals in this game expecially if Neuer is on the goal. France -1 - Bosnia (or over 2.5) Bosnia is one of those teams which can score a lot of goals against weaker teams but they struggle against big teams and that is the main reason why we haven't yet seen Bosnia in major tournaments. Sasa Papac has returned to play for Bosnia again and he made the defence a little bit stronger but still they need better defenders. It's a shame that bosnians like Marko Marin, Neven Subotic, Vedran Corluka, Dejan Lovren chose to play for other countries but that's a different story.

My few tips... Germany - Belgium (Belgium not to score) Germans won their group so there is no pressure on them. Belgium will try to score some goals but I just can't see Belgium strikers scroing goals in this game expecially if Neuer is on the goal. .
I disagree and think that both are good attacking teams. Germany have not kept a clean sheet in their last 8 games (4 out of these 8 gmaes - Germany conceded 2) and I can see both teams scoring. Belgium are a good young team and should get their fair share of chances.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October Denmark - Portugal Denmark has already secured a play-off spot so I really can see them playing attacking football in front of their home fans. Denmark scored in all of their games in this qualifiers and surprisingly kept clean sheet in all of their home games, but they only played teams like Iceland, Cyprus and Norway. Last 5 games between these two sides produced goals and in all 5 games both sides scored and I can see each side scoring at least once here and since Portuguese are European Brazilians and they score a lot as well as concede some I can also see goals here. Both to Score @ 2.05 (4 units) William Hill Over 3.5 Goals @ 4.50 (1 unit) William Hill

Moldova to win to nil @ 1.42 (Bwin) Hard to give much reasoning. San Marino haven't scored for nearly four years. In that time they have conceded 94 goals! Incidentally I read in the Times football supplement today that the chances of any football team (taking home advantage and quality out of the question) conceding 94 goals without reply is 1 in an octillion (28 noughts). Not sure how exactly they worked this out but nevermind!
That's an excellent price! I got Both teams to score? No @ 1.29 (Betfair) which I was more than happy to take. That is an interesting stat too, shame San Marino are a statistical anomaly, lets hope they keep it up :lol I also think Swiss will do Montenegro at home, despite the price falling to 1.71. I don't think there is much between the teams, echoed with the rankings of both. Though this is slightly skewed because Montenegro haven't been an independent footballing nation for a long while. Seeing their celebrations at making the play-offs I really cannot see this game meaning much. Swiss are still a fairly good side and at home are usually solid. Happy to take the price. Wales DNB @ 2.86 as I think the front 4 of Wales can cause the Bulgaria back line tremendous amount of problems. Bulgaria seem to be in disarray and cannot wait for qualification to end. Welsh have confidence from good displays, winning 2 out of 3 and somehow not gaining at least a point away to England. Push for draw cover satisfies a nag in my mind of Welsh poor away form previously, despite different manager, tactics and personnel :hope

I disagree and think that both are good attacking teams. Germany have not kept a clean sheet in their last 8 games (4 out of these 8 gmaes - Germany conceded 2) and I can see both teams scoring. Belgium are a good young team and should get their fair share of chances.
http://www.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/belgium/ notice the results expecially against stronger teams. At the top of that Germany is stronger than any of their last 8 opponents. After all, tommorrow we will see. :ok

Worthington has just announced he is stepping down after this game. This could have a positive or negative effect on team performance' date=' although overall in the interests of my bet I am displeased. I doubt he was overly popular amongst the players, as he frequently insisted "I can only work with the players I've got, I can't sign anyone in" in response to criticism, which is basically saying "we lost because the players are shit, not because of me". So I doubt they will perform one heroic last stand against the Italians for the manager's sake, but they might want to show him what they can do to prove him wrong. Either way the Italians should still have too much class.[/quote'] As a Norwich fan I think I know Worthy fairly well, and I doubt most of the players are happy about this. In all the time with us I can't remember anyone having a beef with him, and he's always come across as a decent guy. Agree with your closing statement about how Italy should have too much class.

That's an excellent price! I got Both teams to score? No @ 1.29 (Betfair) which I was more than happy to take. That is an interesting stat too' date= shame San Marino are a statistical anomaly, lets hope they keep it up :lol
Bwin usually have very good prices on the internationals. Trouble is they're c*nts, so I refuse to use them :lol

That's an excellent price! I got Both teams to score? No @ 1.29 (Betfair) which I was more than happy to take. That is an interesting stat too' date= shame San Marino are a statistical anomaly, lets hope they keep it up :lol
I can't understand why the bookmakers like to give away money by offering inflated odds on San Marino scoring. They haven't scored away from home since 2003. That doesn't mean they can't or won't score, but I don't think they have more than say a 10% chance, if that. At the moment, in the Both Teams To Score NO market, these prices are on offer: Bet 365 - 1.3 bwin - 1.34 Betfair - 1.27 1.3 implies a 23% chance of San Marino scoring, which I think is well above their real chance, so it's a good value bet.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October Probable lineup: SERBIA: Jorgacevic(Gent) - Ivanovic(Chelsea), Vidic(Man Utd), Subotic(Borussia Dortmund), Kolarov(Man City) - Krasic(Juventus), Stankovic(Inter Milan), Petrovic(Blackburn), Ninkovic(Dynamo Kiev), Tosic(CSKA Moscow) - Pantelic(Olympiakos) Serbia will have to go into Tuesdey's match against Slovenia without the services of some important players, through injury/suspension, but generally the squad is very deep, so there's no big problem when it comes to squad selection. Vidic is still doubtfull, but he will most likely play tommorow.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October Considering taking Montengro at 5.5 with Williamhill. I feel that Montengro will be encouraged by their comeback against England (which cost me £61 :wall) plus they were preparing for this even before the England game. Can anyone see any reason not to take this?

Considering taking Montengro at 5.5 with Williamhill. I feel that Montengro will be encouraged by their comeback against England (which cost me £61 :wall) plus they were preparing for this even before the England game. Can anyone see any reason not to take this?
It's a 'dead rubber' isn't it? Montenegro are in the playoffs and Switzerland can't qualify. The odds on Montenegro look too high I think.

As a Norwich fan I think I know Worthy fairly well, and I doubt most of the players are happy about this. In all the time with us I can't remember anyone having a beef with him, and he's always come across as a decent guy. Agree with your closing statement about how Italy should have too much class.
Fair play, you know more about him than I do, I just thought if I was a Northern Ireland player his comments wouldn't make me feel very good about myself. Incidentally, why do you not like Bwin?

Fair play, you know more about him than I do, I just thought if I was a Northern Ireland player his comments wouldn't make me feel very good about myself.

Incidentally, why do you not like Bwin?

Just not gotten over their idiotic policy of requiring proof of ID when you want to make your first withdrawal. I just think shoddy bookies can be spotted a mile off, and you're always liable to have problems.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 11 October Germany-Belgium=over (1.57) Eurobet Germany position 1° points 27 Belgium position 2° points 15 Preview: Germany: absent: Mario Götze (midfielder 4 / 1); in doubt: Schweinsteiger (midfielder 5 / 1), Jerome Boateng (defender 2 / 0), Miroslav Klose (forward 6 / 9); part: Mesut Ozil (midfielder 8 / 4), Toni Kroos (Midfield 7 / 0). Belgium: suspended: Daniel Van Buyten (defender 6 / 2); injured: Jelle Vossen (forward 5 / 2), David Hubert (midfielder 0 / 0), Marvin Ogunjimi (forward 5 / 5), Vermaelen (defender 3 / 0). Germany has a score-w9-d0-l0 goals scored 31 goals against 6 while Belgium has a score of w4-d3-l2 goals scored 20 goals against 12. Germany in Turkey has shown to be never satisfied and always plays to win which he did in the last home game of the Turkey trip very delicate. Belgium still hopes in qualifying but in all likelihood this will only come if Belgium beat Germany. Belgium is a good team in the offensive department with the likes of Fellaini, Dembele, Witsel, Hazard, de Camargo, but shows some problems in the defensive department, compounded with the absence of Van Buyten and Vermaelen. Belgium is only one occasion did not score in the remaining eight games but always went to sign. In the end I think this is a game with many goals. :hope:hope:hope

Aidymac' date=' usually I like your posts and reasoning, but here you are not right(in my opinion of course). First of all, on paper we do have 3-4 good players, but when they play for Bulgaria they are completely different...it's actually disgusting:@ Just few hours ago Blagoy Georgiev who plays for Terek and is a key player for the squad has left the team after some sort of problem with the coach. Moreover Bandalovski(very good right-back, I have no idea why he was used as a left-back against Ukraine) is injured. Central defender Kostadin Stoyanov also left the team yesterday after a scandal(or so they say in the media). Bojinov got married on Sunday, so he's probably still hangover. The new 'coach'(simply a doll in the hands of the president of the Football Union) said that he wants new young faces in the team, but some players in the squad don't even play for their club teams! There are big managerial games going on in the squad and everybody in Bulgaria knows it...certain players are called in order to be sold, so really don't expect much from this 'team'. As long as Borislav Mihaylov stays as president our football will be at the same level as San Marino and Andorra, no mater how we look on paper...sad but true. Moreover, currently there have been sold less than 30(THIRTY!) tickets for tomorrow, so I doubt there will be more than 100 hopeless souls on the stadium.[/quote'] No matter who is the Football President, the football in Bulgaria is a 100% reflection of what happens in the country. 20% of the population left the country in less than 20 years and the ethnic problems will grow. Economy was systematically ruined and poor, rather non-existent, corruption rules at all levels. Nothing, literally nothing was invested in sports for years, so we can not expect anything, as the youth system is a joke. Any talent is sold in order to return ''investments'', in all sports. I stopped fully watching local football good 10 years ago. The quality gets worse, and you just can't help been sad - any derby between Levski and CSKA was sold out with 65,000 tickets, again - 20 years ago. Even talented players play at 100% only when foreign Scouts are known to be watching, no one is bothered. The national Team is no longer an attraction to players who play abroad, no wonder most of them are under-performing in it, or walk away - they worry more about their contract in the Club abroad. The national team is no longer a question of pride to any player... Which brings me to the main point - a couple of players might really play with ''heart and soul'' tomorrow. Another 3 or 4 are promised possibly a deal abroad if they do well...It is a sad story, and I can not see a Bulgaria win. If this game was a decider to Wales, I would back the Welsh with all my Bank. So the big question is not how Bulgaria will do - it is do the Welsh players care, 'cause if yes - no chance for the hosts. Andorra and San Marino - no - not this far. Yet I can't see in the near future Bulgaria doing well against any of the Baltic countries, against any of the Caucasian countries, against any of the Balkan countries...Not many are even inviting us for serious friendlies. Can't be bothered even watching it, I just back countries they play with, especially away. The -1,5 AH with Ukraine was @ 2,70 :loon...I only did -1 AH.

Bulagaria are 21/20 with VC, if this fixture was on 2 years ago i would imagine Bulagaria would have been 2/7 or 1/3...
As someone that pretty much lives and breathes odds, you wouldn't even ever get 1/3 on Bulgaria in Bulgaria, let alone the rest of the world. No scenario would have Bulgaria at 1/3 unless Wales were sticking out a youth side. And even then most bookies would drop the game.